more ยป" />

Maddie's Fun in the Sun

by Meghann on February 21, 2010

Maddie had a ball at the dog park today!

She didn’t even have time to stop and pose for a photo. She had places to go and people to see!

I love Fleet Peeple’s Dog Park in Winter Park. It has to be one of the best dog parks I’ve ever been to. It has all the essentials to make any dog’s day – a big open field, lots of mud to get dirty in, and a great lake to swim in.

Maddie was tempted, but the lake was a no go in her book.

Maddie and I were both happily worn out after the dog park and ready for a good lunch. Maddie ate a homemade dog treat, while I feasted on a soup and salad combo.

This can of Amy’s Curried Lentil Soup had been in my cabinet for a while.

It’s a pretty heavy, calorie-dense canned soup. It seemed like the perfect post 16 mile run lunch to me.

My salad was pretty loaded.

• Spinach
  • Dried Cranberries
  • Mushrooms
  • Tomato
  • Beets
  • Raspberry Poppyseed Dressing

The last of my Whole Foods cornbread. (My huge hunk didn’t last long at all in this apartment)

After lunch I ran a few errands and re-stocked my fridge for the upcoming week. When I returned I snacked on some apple slices and almond butter.

I am going to attempt to clean my apartment now. Sooooo not looking forward to this. Wish me luck!

1 Emily February 21, 2010 at 5:31 pm

Oh, I love Amy’s soup! Have fun cleaning – that’s what I’m doing today, too!! YUCK!

My pup is jealous of where Maddie gets to play! I don’t know of any dog parks around here! =[

2 NYCRunnerGirl February 21, 2010 at 5:53 pm

Maddie seems like such a happy dog! Good luck with the cleaning, I’m working on my apartment too. Ugh, I always hate doing it, but I have to admit it is nice to walk into a really clean apartment!

3 Katie @ Health for the Whole Self February 21, 2010 at 6:07 pm

LOVING the photos of Maggie! ๐Ÿ™‚

And you just reminded me that instead of sitting here reading blogs I should be cleaning my apartment…yuck!

4 Leena February 21, 2010 at 6:08 pm

awww maddie’s so cute! i wish i had a dog park near me, my pups would love it! have fun cleaning ๐Ÿ™‚

5 Jayce February 21, 2010 at 6:11 pm

My church did baptisms in the lake at that park once. I don’t think they realized there would be dogs there, and some of the dogs kept swimming out and messing with people. It was funny to watch but gross thinking about what could be in that water. Thankfully I was not in it. ๐Ÿ˜›
Looks like a fun time!

6 adrienmelaine February 21, 2010 at 6:13 pm

What a crazy day for you- I wasn’t looking forward to doing 10miles yesterday- let a long 20- you have someone you go with right?

7 foodfitnessandfreya February 21, 2010 at 6:21 pm

Oooh I want a dog SO MUCH! This is the second blog I’ve read in the space of about an hour where dog park pics have been shown – I desperately wish I had a dog to take to one:P
That salad looks beautiful at lunch – such gorgeous colours! Any pink/purple food is a WIN in my book!!
Have a great evening ๐Ÿ™‚

8 Karla February 21, 2010 at 6:28 pm

Ahh! So jealous of your sundress weather!
We had good weather today too. Sunny but sadly still 30degrees. At least I didn’t have to wear snow boots!

9 eaternotarunner February 21, 2010 at 6:34 pm

Good luck, we did the cleaning thing today….not fun at all!

10 Kelly February 21, 2010 at 6:40 pm

Haha aww she won’t go swimming?

11 christie @ honoring health February 21, 2010 at 6:46 pm

Doggie park looks fun!

Good luck with the cleaning. We have been do a lot of that today, too. But, it needed it, big time!

12 Matt February 21, 2010 at 7:10 pm

Sounds like a great day at the dog park!

13 angiismyname February 21, 2010 at 7:14 pm

i cant wait to take my nugget to the park. im gonna have to wait til he gets bigger hes only 22 ounces

14 Lisa (bakebikeblog) February 21, 2010 at 7:51 pm

Maddie is too CUTE!!!!
Good luck with the house cleaning – I have to do that after work ๐Ÿ™

15 Bridget February 21, 2010 at 8:10 pm

Meghann, I love love love reading your running posts…I know it’s just a recap of what you did but as soon as I’m done all I want to do is put on my sneakers and go!! I feel like I should “tab” my favorite “meghann runs” posts for when it starts getting nicer out:)

I also CAN’T WAIT to get a dog!! We’ve decided to start looking mid-April ๐Ÿ™‚ I am beyond excited. I just want to bring my future pup to the dog park!!

16 skinnyrunner February 21, 2010 at 8:17 pm

maddie is so dang cute! looks like gorgeous weather there.

17 Crystal February 21, 2010 at 8:28 pm

I finally got around to doing laundry, so you’re not alone! I think it must be a Sunday thing. Sleep in, do something relaxing… then come home and clean! haha, it always ends up this way for me.

I can’t help but notice that you eat a ton of almond butter. Here in Canada, a 500g-ish container costs about $10. Is it that expensive where you are?

18 Meghann February 21, 2010 at 9:20 pm

I buy the 15 oz jar from Whole Foods for $5.99.

19 missyrayn February 21, 2010 at 8:36 pm

I’m jealous of the dog park. Our dogs love to run but there isn’t many places for them to do so around here.

I love that you eat apples and almond butter. So much better than PB.

20 Erica February 21, 2010 at 8:43 pm

awww Maddie looks so happy at the dog park! We took Frank for a long walk today (well, a long walk for Frank). Good luck with the cleaning!

21 theprocessofhealing February 21, 2010 at 9:03 pm

Sounds like the dog park was fun! I don’t think we have any places like that around here, it’s a shame.

Amy’s products are the best! I also have a can of that in my pantry.. need to try it out sometime.

22 Dori February 21, 2010 at 9:07 pm

Maddie is so adorable I just want to cuddle her

23 Jes February 21, 2010 at 9:09 pm

I just found your blog. Your dog is soooo cute! I’d like to recommend audio books while cleaning. It helps to keep you distracted just enough that cleaning doesn’t seem so bad.

Great blog!

24 anotherannabanana February 21, 2010 at 9:20 pm

I loooove Amy’s soups! Your posts are making me incredibly jealous of the amazing weather you’re having! DC broke 50 degrees today for the first time in a month and it was cause to celebrate…

25 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday February 21, 2010 at 9:27 pm

First of all, those bowls are super cute! Secondly, I’m definitely craving an apple right now after seeing your apple/almond butter snack.

26 Deva (Voracious Vorilee) February 21, 2010 at 9:32 pm

Amy’s soup is sooo good!! I love bulky, filling soups ๐Ÿ™‚

27 Emilyeatsclean February 21, 2010 at 9:34 pm

Pretty much love Amy’s anything!!! I haven’t tried that flavor of soup yet though!

-emily http://www.emilyeatsclean.wordpress.com

28 janetha February 21, 2010 at 9:35 pm

love the poochie photos!

29 runningwithsass February 21, 2010 at 9:45 pm

aw your dog looks like she is having so much fun! I think a dog park would petrify my little babies!

30 Heather February 21, 2010 at 9:59 pm

good luck with the cleaning girl, i was planning on doing that this weekend and it did.not.happen. oops! glad maddie had a good time at the dog park! my lab would LOVE that lake ๐Ÿ™‚

31 meyergirl February 22, 2010 at 10:17 am

I didn’t do ANY cleaning this weekend. Guess it’s a good thing I gave up TV on the weekdays for Lent.