more ยป" />

Whole Foods Barbeque

by Meghann on February 20, 2010

When I was in Whole Foods today the barbeque selections in the hot bar looked and smelled so good, I knew I had to replicate it in my own kitchen for dinner tonight. ๐Ÿ™‚

I started with this piece of meat.

That I marinated in this sauce for 30 minutes

Then baked in the oven at 375 for 30 more minutes and topped with additional bbq sauce.

I wasn’t the biggest fan of the Bone Suckin Sauce. It was kind of bland and thin. ๐Ÿ™

Alongside the pork, a sweet potato was baking in the oven as well.

Why are sweet potatoes so hard to photograph?

Lightly blanched spinach

Another piece of my Whole Foods cornbread. ๐Ÿ™‚

A great meal for satisfying my barbeque craving.

After dinner Maddie and I went to Jeremiahs for a sweet treat.

I ordered the usual: a small peanut butter gelati with vanilla soft serve.

Maddie got her usual: a vanilla pup cone.

I think she liked it. ๐Ÿ™‚

My alarm is set early for tomorrow morning. I have 16 miles on my plate and want to make sure I have plenty of time to get them all in. This is my last long run before the Michelobe Challenge next weekend! Can you believe it? I know I can’t.

Have a great night!

1 Evan Thomas February 20, 2010 at 10:11 pm

That sounds like my kind of BBQ! Simple and natural–yum ๐Ÿ™‚ Have a sweet Saturday!

2 Dori February 20, 2010 at 10:12 pm

You’re awesome for not just buying what was at the hot bar and instead making your own. I so would have stocked up at the hot bar! Maddie looks like she is enjoying her usual. Have a great run tomorrow!

3 Kara (@ Kara's Marathon) February 20, 2010 at 10:14 pm

Have a great run tomorrow morning!! Wish I could get doggy soft-serve around here for my Barkley – I’m sure he’d love it! ๐Ÿ™‚

4 Emilyeatsclean February 20, 2010 at 10:44 pm

I think it’s soooo cute they give your pup a little treat too! Good luck on your run in the a.m.!!

-emily http://www.emilyeatsclean.wordpress.com

5 Travel Eat Love February 20, 2010 at 11:26 pm

My fave part of BBQ places is always the sides. Your sweet potato and cornbread look so good, especially if doused in BBQ sauce!

6 runningwithsass February 20, 2010 at 11:28 pm

yum it all looks so good! so swet the pup gets something too!
good luck on your run!

7 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) February 21, 2010 at 2:32 am

I mailed two jars of that Bone Suckin’ Sauce to Lauren. She promised me her first child ๐Ÿ™‚ I still need to try it myself!

8 foodfitnessandfreya February 21, 2010 at 4:05 am

:O 16 miles, all the best for it!
I love that you bought Maddie her own ice cream, that’s how it should be ๐Ÿ˜€
Lovin the sweet potato; it’s so soft and fluffy when it’s baked like that, it looks so tasty!

9 Katie @ Health for the Whole Self February 21, 2010 at 8:28 am

I’ve seen that Bone Suckin’ Sauce everywhere, good to know it’s not all that great. I’ll stick to Annie’s Naturals BBQ sauce. And even though sweet potatoes don’t photograph so well, we still know how incredibly delicious they are! ๐Ÿ™‚

Have a great run this morning!

10 M February 21, 2010 at 8:35 am

If you can run a ten mile trail Saturday and follow it with a 16-miler on Sunday, you’re going to be good to go for your challenge! I’m interested in your upcoming race report since this marathon is so soon after Disney. I can’t wait to hear how it feels, what you thought of training the second (third!) time around, etc.

My next marathon (after Disney) is in May, and people were saying that’s too soon!

11 Ada February 21, 2010 at 8:42 am

I agree with your take on the BBQ sauce, it is on the runny side. I’m super excited because a Jermiah’s-like place (called Rita’s) finally opened in NYC yesterday!!! Now I no longer have to idly oggle over your gelato/italian ice creations:)

Have a great Sunday!

12 Can You Stay for Dinner February 21, 2010 at 9:10 am

Looks like you had a wonderful relaxing day. And you ended it with the best meal and dessert! Do you like Jeremiah’s as much as the other new tart froyo place you found in Orlando (Berry something? sorry I forgot the name)?

13 Kath February 21, 2010 at 9:19 am

10 miles followed by 16 miles!?!? Your legs must be super strong!

14 Estela @ Weekly Bite February 21, 2010 at 9:26 am

The ice cream place in my neighborhood has pup pops too! My doggie loves them ๐Ÿ™‚

15 theprocessofhealing February 21, 2010 at 10:34 am

Sounds like a fabulous dinner!! WF cornbread is the BEST!

16 Leena February 21, 2010 at 10:40 am

jeremiah’s ice cream looks so good – especially that peanut butter flavor!! i wish i had one near me!!! i think it’s great that doggies can get some too! my pups love their ice cream ๐Ÿ˜‰

17 Brittany February 21, 2010 at 11:02 am

Yum. I wish we had a Jeremiahs. PB gelati sounds a-mah-zing!! And, it looks like Maddie loved her treat as well.

18 melissa February 21, 2010 at 11:03 am

You have to try the Bone Suckin’ Sauce thick style – its amazing. The hot BBQ thick style is especially delicious.

19 Stephanie February 21, 2010 at 11:13 am

I love that bone suckin’ sauce! When I make bbq with it I actually shred up the meat after it has cooked, then stir more sauce through. This way you get nice thick bbq sauce on each morsel… just a suggestion though, since that’s how we love it in our house ๐Ÿ™‚

That gelato looks so good too!

20 Karla February 21, 2010 at 11:24 am

Sweet potatoes can be hard to photograph, I think because of the weird edges when you slice into it. Try using your manual focus instead of auto focus, that way you can focus in on what you want and not get one little corner focused while the rest is blurry.

21 rollerkoesterrun February 21, 2010 at 12:14 pm

The fact that there are places that serve ‘pup cones’ puts a big smile on my face- so cute! I’ve never had a pup but want one soo bad.
Good luck on your run and next weeks challenge!!!

~Christie (http://rollerkoesterrun.wordpress.com/)

22 Sarah February 21, 2010 at 1:52 pm

Holy cow the pb gelati/vanilla soft serve combo looks scrumptious! I must have missed it when you posted it before. I’d order that for sure, if we had Jeremiah’s in California.

23 NYCRunnerGirl February 21, 2010 at 2:33 pm

Good luck on your run! I love when places give treats to dogs, too. The Starbucks in my neighborhood keeps dog biscuits on hand for any dogs waiting outside.

24 Rachel February 21, 2010 at 2:38 pm

That gelato/soft serve combo is eye candy! I am so jealous that it is warm enough for you to enjoy ice cream. Summer can’t come soon enough for me up in good ole MN.

25 Dynamics February 21, 2010 at 3:03 pm

Bone Suckin’ Sauce is better if you refrigerate it. It will thicken it up.

26 eaternotarunner February 21, 2010 at 4:06 pm

Good luck on the long run!