Pita Tacos

by Meghann on February 18, 2010

Thank you for all the kind words regarding my co-worker’s missing dog, Scooby. He was very touched by the response and has looked into some of your suggestions. Please keep Scooby and my co-worker in your thoughts as we cross our fingers for a quick reunion for the two of them.

I’ve been hard at work playing travel agent all morning. Fun stuff. Part of my job consists of booking flights and hotels for some of our VIPs for our annual user group conference in April. I’m hoping to have all 50+ people registered and confirmed before March 1st, so I am getting down to the wire!

Mid-morning I snacked on a homemade trail mix.

IMG_9900

This is a random trail mix of nuts, cereal, and dried fruit that I make a big batch of every week and just take a 1/4 cup serving of for a snack throughout the week. Its much more economical and fun to create your own trail mix because you get to decide what goes in it.

I still have refried beans left over from my dinner on Monday night that needed to be incorporated in my lunch today. So far the refried beans were a burrito filling and a salad topper – today they made another dbut in the form of tacos. 🙂

IMG_9914

Well pita-tacos since I didn’t have any taco shells. Actually, the pita made a great taco shell replacement.

IMG_9904

I filled each pita with a mix of

• refried beans
  • cheese
  • tomato
  • spinach
  • salsa verde (El Paso brand since a couple of you were asking)

With a side of fresh snap peas that I ate like fries.

IMG_9913

For dessert I had a piece of my Valentine’s Day Godiva Chocolate.

IMG_9916

Tonight I have plans with my sister to see Valentine’s Day the movie. I’m one of those people who enjoys predictable romantic comedies and am generally looking forward to this movie. Complicated movies with plots that twist and turn are so exhausting to watch, sometime a little fluff is what your mind needs.

What kind of movies do you enjoy?

I’m a stereotypical girl. I love romantic comedies, happy endings, and musicals. 🙂

1 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) February 18, 2010 at 2:37 pm

Pita as taco shells is the best idea!! You should bake them and make ’em crispy–pita chips style.

2 megan February 18, 2010 at 2:37 pm

I definitely like the predictable stuff as well. I like happy endings, and I don’t like it when things go wrong. I love romantic comedies 🙂

3 megzzwinsatlife February 18, 2010 at 2:38 pm

Valentine’s Day was soooo cute!! I LOVED it!! I love cheesy romantic comedies and chick flick.. Which I guess are kind of the same thing..

4 Heather February 18, 2010 at 2:38 pm

i really love all kinds of movies, but romantic comedies and adventures are my faves 🙂 also, just about any surfing or skiing documentary…I try to pretend I could actually do those things hard core some day 🙂

5 teneightsixfour February 18, 2010 at 2:39 pm

I wanted to see Valentines Day too! Only I couldn’t find anyone to go with! Please let us know how it is 🙂

6 Laura @ Backstage Pass to Health & Happiness February 18, 2010 at 2:40 pm

I love “girly” movies… romantic comedies, musicals, the works. I really want to see Valentine’s Day, as well as Dear John.
However there’s a side of me that loves suspense and horror movies, too!

7 Amanda February 18, 2010 at 2:45 pm

You asked about a movie, but then wrote about Twenties Girl during your breakfast post, so I am sharing a new book that I just read and cannot stop raving about… Saving CeeCee Honeycutt by Beth Hoffman. It is 2/3 Secret Life of Bees, 1/3 Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, and 100% fabulous. My only disappointment was finishing it. Enjoy sister night. 🙂

8 Matt February 18, 2010 at 2:47 pm

I like dramas, comedy, and action. Anything that involves that is worth a shot!

9 Sarah R February 18, 2010 at 2:52 pm

We saw Valentines Day on Sunday. It was cute! I don’t typically like most romantic comedies but I liked this one 🙂

10 Raya February 18, 2010 at 2:53 pm

I saw Valentines Day on V-day with my sister and it’s really cute, I think you will like it. Plus SO many celebs, and Ashton Kutcher is just too cute in this. 🙂

11 Sara @ ActiveGal February 18, 2010 at 2:56 pm

I saw Valentine’s Day last weekend and it is a really cute movie! A lot of people gave it back reviews, but when I go see movies like that I expect them to mindless and fun! Sometimes I think movie reviewers just need to CALM down a little. Have a good time!

12 Kelly February 18, 2010 at 3:05 pm

I love all those also, but I also love a good horror flick. I’ll probably end up watching Valentine’s Day of dvd when it comes out.

13 Carrie @ I See Monsters February 18, 2010 at 3:08 pm

I love all kinds of movies. My favorites are any type of quirky, unconventional love story, like Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind or Harold and Maude.

I definitely have a soft spot in my heart for predictable, sappy chick flicks as well — this past weekend I did a “triple feature” of Dear John, When in Rome and Valentine’s Day. Sappy chick flick perfection!

14 Emily February 18, 2010 at 3:16 pm

I love romantic comedies as well! I don’t pay much attention to detail so in movies that require full attention I get lost and end up not understanding the movie. Oh well!

15 foodfitnessandfreya February 18, 2010 at 3:19 pm

Hear hear for the rom-coms, they’re my favourite!! I have to think so hard during everyday life and work, it’s great to watch a film and know it’ll have a happy ending 🙂 Though I do love a bit of horror too…probs for the same reason, predictable!!
Please do a review of Valentine’s Day, I really really want to see that!!

16 Katie February 18, 2010 at 3:30 pm

Oh I am DEFINITELY a hopeless romantic! I love all the romantic comedies because they get me in such a great mood! PS: I saw Valentine’s Day last Friday and it was really cute! Hope you enjoy it!

17 krittie February 18, 2010 at 3:35 pm

I love all girly movies, but I also love moveis that are based on a true story. Not sure why, but they really get my mind going 🙂

18 krittie February 18, 2010 at 3:36 pm

woops-movies, not moveis!

19 NYCRunnerGirl February 18, 2010 at 3:40 pm

I love romantic comedies and really want to see Valentine’s Day. Just like you said, sometimes I need to see something light. I do like a serious movie every once in awhile, though.

20 Amy February 18, 2010 at 3:45 pm

The movie is pretty darn cute… no lies! Some things predictable, some surprise you… 🙂 Loved it. And I’m not even a huge fan of rom coms- so that’s saying something.

21 Stacey February 18, 2010 at 3:45 pm

The movie is super-cute and there is so much EYE CANDY!!! Enjoy…

22 Chloe February 18, 2010 at 3:47 pm

I love learning about what you do for work – it sounds like a lot of fun, but also a lot of organization! It’d be sweet to have someone do that for me, maybe one day when I hit it big 😉

Hope that they find their doggy and he is safe and sound, my thoughts are with your friends!

As for favorite movies? Definitely romantic comedies. I’m a sucker for all things love and laugh related.

23 Angela February 18, 2010 at 3:49 pm

I too love predictable romantic comedies from time to time. I also love stupid comedies like super bad, knocked up, ect.

I hope your coworker finds his dog! 🙁

24 Tori February 18, 2010 at 3:50 pm

Depends on my mood. I love a good scary movie though, just aren’t a lot of them!

25 Joey February 18, 2010 at 3:54 pm

I’m just the opposite… I love comedies, adventure/action…. I try to avoid anything that might make me cry! ha!

26 eaternotarunner February 18, 2010 at 3:55 pm

I like movies that make you think, but I don’t discriminate. Love actually is one of my faves 😉

27 Ali February 18, 2010 at 3:56 pm

I will keep you co-worker in my thoughts! those pita tacos look great. Sometimes when you are craving something and don’t have all the ingredients to make it, that is when you find out fun new recipes.

28 abbynormally February 18, 2010 at 4:00 pm

Have a fun night with your sister! I like musicals, but generally despise chick flicks. I owe that to being raised entirely with boys!

29 Sarah February 18, 2010 at 4:08 pm

I saw Valentine’s Day the day before V-Day with my bf, bff, sister, nephew and his gf. Between the youngest and oldest there was a 30 year spread with me smack in the middle. We all loved it! It’s a cute little movie and a lot better than the other predictable romantic-type movie’s I’ve seen lately. Hope you have a great time!

30 Leah February 18, 2010 at 4:20 pm

I’m a sucker for chick flicks. But I also love love love thriller/thinker movies. Not so big on action/horror. I also love a good foreign film too!

31 Emilyeatsclean February 18, 2010 at 4:37 pm

Lunch looks good! You sound like me, you base an entire meal around whatever food needs to be used up in the fridge! Valentine’s Day, the movie, is pretty cute! Have fun tonight. 🙂

-emily http://www.emilyeatsclean.wordpress.com

32 Lisa (bakebikeblog) February 18, 2010 at 4:41 pm

I am totally a ‘girl’ when it comes to movies. I am not really into action or scary movies – but love comedies and dramas 🙂

33 AprilBRuns February 18, 2010 at 4:44 pm

I love girly movies too. Romantic comedies hit the spot. I saw “Valentine’s Day” with girlfriends this weekend and really enjoyed it – have fun!

34 Paige@ Running Around Normal February 18, 2010 at 4:56 pm

Haha very creative with the refried beans! What will be next?! 🙂
I’m not a huge fan of romantic comedies. I probably haven’t seen the last 5 that have come out. I’m more into suspense and (non romantic) comedies.

35 Retta @ RunRettaRun February 18, 2010 at 4:57 pm

Rom Coms are my fave by far. I don’t do horror for sure!

36 Anna February 18, 2010 at 5:00 pm

I enjoy predictable romantic comedies…to a point! There has to be at least SOME cleverness or funny lines! I do want to see Valentine’s Day– I think it looks cute!

37 runningwithsass February 18, 2010 at 5:06 pm

I LOVE predictable romantic comedies. I like to think everything is ok in the world soemtimes!

38 Jen February 18, 2010 at 5:26 pm

I am so excited to see that movie! Give us a review tomorrow! Good idea with pitafor taco shells – love the idea.

39 skinnyrunner February 18, 2010 at 8:11 pm

i have the worst taste in movies, i like comedies but the dumber the better. like really dumb. the comebacks. fav movie of all time.

40 College Los Angeles February 18, 2010 at 8:30 pm

wow you eat so good! good for you! I saw Valentine’s Day, I absolutely loved it, despite the bad reviews!!

41 angiismyname February 18, 2010 at 8:31 pm

in brevard county there is an actual forum where you can list your missing dog. im not sure if orange county does too or not but he should look into it. also rescues often do mass emailings to try and find lost dogs. you should tell him to check it out.

42 angiismyname February 18, 2010 at 8:33 pm

oh and ps i miss my corny romantic comedy partner. you would always go see the movies with me that noone else would. love you meghann

43 theprocessofhealing February 18, 2010 at 8:43 pm

That movie is fabulous!!! I like the same kind of movies and I loved it. Hilarious and so sweet and romantic 🙂 I’m a total girly girl.

44 Leena February 18, 2010 at 9:12 pm

i totally agree with you in the movie department! i hate having to think a lot about what i’m watching! romantic comedies and chick flicks are the best! i’ve been dying to see valentines day, but i think i might actually go see it tomorrow!

45 Becky February 18, 2010 at 10:37 pm

I’m a sucker for romantic comedies….and chocolate….and puppies! Such a girl!

46 Gabriela (froyolover) February 18, 2010 at 11:03 pm

Refried beans are always a good choice!
Haha 🙂
I want a review on Valentine´s Day, ok?
😉
Brazilian XOXO´s,
Gabriela

47 jenngirl February 19, 2010 at 12:13 am

I definitely rely on my mood to decide what movie I want to watch. Sometimes I need a great, psychologicaly thriller that makes me think. But sometimes, I just want a cutesie love story with a happy ending…”Leap Year” was great for that mood! 🙂 Let us know how Valentine’s Day is!

48 Hillary February 19, 2010 at 3:08 am

MMM…that chocolate looks like perfection. I’m totally a stereotypical rom com kind of girl too – no scary movies for me =]

– The Nutrition Nut

49 goodtastehealthyme February 19, 2010 at 9:51 am

I like girly movies too. Romantic comedies are the best. But I also enjoy regular comedy, drama, thriller, sometimes action….basically I like a lot of different styles.

50 kristilyn February 20, 2010 at 12:18 am

Yum – pita tacos look like a great idea!

I personally love romantic comedy movies … but most of the time I’ll watch anything. The only genres I have a hard time with are dramas (sometimes I have to be in a mood to watch these) or action (stuff like Transformers or GI Joe – too guy-y for me). A movie really has to hold my attention or I get bored and lose interest.

K