more ยป" />

Hopeless Romantic

by Meghann on February 18, 2010

Call me a hopeless romantic, but I thought Valentine’s Day was a really great ‘cute’ movie. I mean an all star cast, shirtless men, an overall theme of love… what’s not to like?

Well.. there was Taylor Swift’s acting skills, but it was her first movie so I’ll give her a break. ๐Ÿ™‚

If you are a fan of Love Actually and need a good laugh then go see Valentine’s Day! Or at least rent it in the future. ๐Ÿ™‚

Before I met my sister at the theater earlier this evening I had just enough time to throw together a healthy, delicious meal.

I realized today it had been a while since I had last made mashed sweet potatoes.

Instead of boiling the sweet potatoes before mashing them, I steam them. I find that steaming my potatoes is easier, takes less time, and creates a mushier potato. And instead of milk, I used plain yogurt.

The tofu was pre-seasoned and pre-baked (thanks WildWood!) so all I had to do was throw it on the stove top for a couple of minutes just to heat it up.

My favorite part of my plate had to be the steamed kale, apple, and red onion.

There is something about the combination of kale and apple that goes together so well. ๐Ÿ™‚

After the movie my sister and I went to my favorite frozen yogurt place – Sweet! – so that I could use the free frozen yogurt coupon I received for my birthday.

Usually I order their tart frozen yogurt, but when Kelly ordered the cookie & cream I knew I wanted the same.

For my three toppings I went with reeses pieces (another Kelly inspiration), strawberries, and graham cracker.

My snack this afternoon was a strawberry Oikos & cereal.

Doesn’t the Oikos container photograph beautifully? I’m really digging the natural light from the window by my desk. ๐Ÿ™‚

It is wayyyy past my bedtime! Yikes!

Good Night!!

Oh and p.s. I have a FUN announcement in the a.m! ๐Ÿ˜‰

1 Heather February 18, 2010 at 11:58 pm

i LOVE love actually, so i’m guessing i need to go see Valentine’s Day ๐Ÿ™‚ I could really go for that froyo right about now, it looks fabulous!

2 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) February 18, 2010 at 11:58 pm

I wanna see that movie SO badly! So many of my faves in one movie. I heard on some random show that Taylor was good in it….guess not ๐Ÿ™ She’s talented enough at singing already.

3 Angela February 19, 2010 at 12:32 am

I loved love actually so I’m sure I will love Valentine’s Day! Your dinner looks really good I love mashed sweet potatoes! can’t wait for you announcement!

4 Karla February 19, 2010 at 12:46 am

I want to see Valentine’s Day so bad! Looks so cute!

5 foodfitnessandfreya February 19, 2010 at 3:25 am

Thanks for the review! I’m definetly going to rent it when it comes out ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m obsessed with Love Actually (The Christmas before last, I watch it every week for the 8 weeks leading to the big day haha!)
Kale onion + apple, what a cool combination! Have a good day ๐Ÿ™‚

6 Ali February 19, 2010 at 5:08 am

I really want to see valentines day! Sooooo excited about your news, cant’t wait.

7 M February 19, 2010 at 6:57 am

My god, you gave me a fright, Meghann. I had the scariest nightmare about you (which is totally creepy on my part, i know). I won’t even give you the details so as not to freak you out, but it was really awful! I woke up in a panic and had to check your blog to make sure you were okay.

This is what happens when you read blogs before bed, i guess.

8 Katie @ Health for the Whole Self February 19, 2010 at 8:00 am

Such a great idea to use yogurt in place of milk for mashed sweet potatoes!!!!

9 madisonruns February 19, 2010 at 8:10 am

Very Jealous of your frozen yogurt! I gave up sweets for lent, so I won’t be having it any time soon. ๐Ÿ™

10 Mara @ What's For Dinner? February 19, 2010 at 8:13 am

Love Actually is among my favorite movies… I think I may have to drag my friends to go see Valentines Day soon.

Even though its freezing here, I reallllly want some fro yo ๐Ÿ™‚

11 Heather February 19, 2010 at 8:20 am

Can’t wait for your announcement!! I’ve heard mixed reviews about Valentine’s Day- I still wanna see it though ๐Ÿ™‚

12 Anna February 19, 2010 at 8:34 am

Glad you liked the movie– I want to see it! Can’t wait for the exciting announcement!

13 NYCRunnerGirl February 19, 2010 at 8:42 am

Can’t wait for your announcement! Also, jealous of your fro yo ๐Ÿ™‚

14 whitinspired February 19, 2010 at 9:16 am

I love Taylor Swift…I didn’t think she’d make for a good actress though…I realllllllllly want to see that movie!

15 meyergirl February 19, 2010 at 9:35 am

Glad you liked the movie. Looking forward to your announcement!

16 Cassie February 19, 2010 at 9:36 am

Hey, Meghann! New reader – just wanted to *wave* hello! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Can’t wait to stalk you…I mean, what? I meant “read more!” (hehehehe)

17 Kelly February 19, 2010 at 9:46 am

I really want to see that movie. I don’t care if it’s getting bad reviews by critics, what do they know.

18 theprocessofhealing February 19, 2010 at 10:04 am

Taylor Swift’s acting wasn’t top notch BUT i thought her part was hilarious!

19 runningwithsass February 19, 2010 at 10:21 am

that frozen yogurt looks SO GOOD! yummy!
now I am intrigued about this movie!

20 thefitbridesmaid February 19, 2010 at 10:26 am

We definitely have similar movie tastes! I loved “Love Actually”, and thoroughly enjoyed “Valentine’s Day”. I think that Taylor Swift was hysterical! I don’t know if her acting was terrible, but she played the ditz so well! And you had to cry with Julia Roberts, right?

The boyfriend said that he liked Love Actually better, since they have better accents.

21 The Brunette February 19, 2010 at 10:40 am

Agreed, Taylor Swift’s acting was not the best. But she’s so adorable that I can absolutely forgive her, and her song that played at the end was great. All around, I really enjoyed the movie, as well.

22 Emilyeatsclean February 19, 2010 at 10:45 am

Yea Taylor Swift’s acting job made me want to crawl under the movie theatre chairs but she’s still adorable and a great singer!!!

-emily http://www.emilyeatsclean.wordpress.com

23 eaternotarunner February 19, 2010 at 10:52 am

I will probably break down and rent it when it comes out on dvd ๐Ÿ™‚

24 Matt February 19, 2010 at 11:24 am

I hope it is a running announcement ๐Ÿ™‚

25 Laura February 19, 2010 at 11:59 am

Hi! I am just curious how you made the apple, kale, and red onion concoction. Did you steam all three? I have all ingredients and want to make it as a side tonight!

26 Meghann February 19, 2010 at 12:01 pm

All I did was throw the three ingredients in the steamer with a little salt and watched them until they were all soft. It took maybe 5 minutes?

27 Sara February 19, 2010 at 2:11 pm

I love the fro-yo combo, it seems like Kelly is a very good influenece on you ๐Ÿ™‚