more ยป" />

Slowly Getting Easier

by Meghann on February 16, 2010

Good morning lovelies and happy Tuesday to everyone. ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks to a date with my treadmill, my Tuesday morning started out nice and early.

Feb16

Today was my final Fartlek before the Michelob Light Challenge next weekend. I am happy to announce the Fartleks have gotten a bit easier over the past couple of weeks. Before the minute of pick-ups felt like an eternity, but now they seem so short. I was even able to knock out the last couple of pick-ups at 8.8 and 9.0. ๐Ÿ™‚

After my run and shower I had another great bowl of cereal. I donโ€™t know what it is, but every time I return from a week away all I want is cereal.

IMG_9742

IMG_9746

The cereal was very refreshing after my work out. ๐Ÿ™‚

Looks like it is going to be another busy day in the office for me!

1 Kelly February 16, 2010 at 9:33 am

I cannot wait to get back in the gym tonight, this two weeks off is killing me. I’m always so jealous reading about your workouts and runs.

2 megan February 16, 2010 at 9:36 am

isn’t that a great feeling when you can tell you’ve made progress?

3 Jamie February 16, 2010 at 10:03 am

Don’t you feel like you are “wasting” really good toppings in a bowl of multiple mix ins? (ie. your Lucky Duck crispies) When I make bowls with multiple toppings I feel like some of the good stuff gets lost in the mix.. real random thought haha… good luck with any crazy day!

4 Meghann February 16, 2010 at 10:05 am

Honestly the Luck Ducky Crispies aren’t that great on their own. I find them better in a bowl of mix ins. ๐Ÿ™‚

5 Madeline - Greens and Jeans February 16, 2010 at 10:08 am

The worst thing about doing fartleks on a treadmill is my treadmill hates getting up to those high speeds! I think everyone else in the gym is worried the treadmill is going to burst into flames or explode…

6 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday February 16, 2010 at 10:10 am

I had no idea speed intervals were called fartleks! too funny!

7 tramey1 February 16, 2010 at 10:15 am

I must get the chocolate crispies! YUM!

-Blogger Boy

8 Heather February 16, 2010 at 10:23 am

Glad the fartleks are getting easier- the hardwork must be paying off!!

9 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) February 16, 2010 at 10:23 am

Hope your busy day flies by!! I remember learning about ‘fartlek’ workouts in class and the word always made us smile ๐Ÿ™‚

10 Anna February 16, 2010 at 10:30 am

Glad to hear the fatleks are getting easier– I think they can be fun! Have a great day!

11 Ashley February 16, 2010 at 10:42 am

I was finally able to try some Mix My Granola this morning and Pom Juice b/c Equinox sponsored them for the member guest breakfast on the go this morning! I thought of you:)

12 Can You Stay for Dinner February 16, 2010 at 10:45 am

wow I can’t believe next weekend is the Michelob Challenge! You’re so good at training and staying on top of your workouts! Great inspiration!

13 Emilyeatsclean February 16, 2010 at 10:56 am

I’m right there with you Meghann. After being outta town for a few days all I want is cereal and PB and jelly sandwiches, I think it’s because I get so tired of eating out when I’m on a vaca. I even went and bought a box of cereal on my honeymoon! HA!

-emily http://www.emilyeatsclean.wordpress.com

14 foodfitnessandfreya February 16, 2010 at 11:15 am

Mmmm that cereal looks good ๐Ÿ™‚ I had a big bowl of it this morning too – it’s like mega comfort food ๐Ÿ˜€

15 Sophie February 16, 2010 at 11:41 am

Cereal is so comforting, I think it brings everyone back to childhood. Great job with the treadmill sprints — when I make it up to 8.0 sometimes I’m afraid of flying off!

16 islandgirleats February 16, 2010 at 11:54 am

Good luck with your Michelob challenge weekend. I look forward to reading your recap on the whole event!

17 Macrae February 16, 2010 at 12:00 pm

About how long does that work out take? Hope you rock it our in Gasparilla!!!

18 M February 16, 2010 at 8:58 pm

The time is in the little blue box — 10 to 20 min for the warmup, 8-10 min of sprinting, with a min of recovery following each sprint, and then 10-20 min cooldown….

So, looks like a minimum of 36 minutes, and a max of an hour.

19 Catherine February 16, 2010 at 12:48 pm

No better start to a busy day that a morning workout! Hang in there today, hope it’s punching out time before you (and I) know it. ๐Ÿ™‚

20 runningwithsass February 16, 2010 at 1:01 pm

good job on the treadmill! working out in the morning is the best

21 meyergirl February 16, 2010 at 1:30 pm

I’m jonesing for some greek yogurt. I’m out and I haven’t had time to stop and get more. Plus I’ve alread spent $200 on groceries this PAYCHECK! :blushes:

22 Angela February 16, 2010 at 1:51 pm

That cereal looks good! Great job on your run this morning!

23 kt February 16, 2010 at 2:10 pm

I hope to add some Fartlek workouts into my running after this 8k I’m training for. Thanks for posting how you do them, it really helps clarify things!

24 theprocessofhealing February 16, 2010 at 2:14 pm

So great that the fartleks are easier! I’m sure your hard work will pay off.

Love a big bowl of cereal!

25 Megan February 16, 2010 at 2:35 pm

LOVE FARTLEKS.

That is all.

26 Lisa (bakebikeblog) February 16, 2010 at 2:42 pm

Great work with the Fartlek workout! They can sure be a killer!
And I love that you added peaches to your cereal – I am in love with peaches at the moment ๐Ÿ™‚