A Lunch Full of Heart

by Meghann on February 16, 2010

Fun Fact: Did you know it was the same temp in Orlando as it was in Vancouver this morning?

At least that’s what the weatherman told me on my lunch break. Its good to know that Orlando is at the same temperature as the location where the winter Olympics are being held. Makes total sense, right?

The weatherman also told me to look forward to sun and highs in the 70s this weekend. I’m crossing my fingers on that one. I could really use the warm sunshine. 🙂

Since I polished off my bag of the Nature Valley Honey Roasted Peanut Granola Nut Clusters last week, I thought it was time to dig into the bag of Roasted Almond clusters for my snack this morning.

IMG_9749

Honestly, if you were to put a blind fold on me I would assume all of the clusters tasted the same. The honey roasted peanut version may be a little bit sweeter, but that’s really the only difference. 🙂

For lunch I gathered up the left over ingredients from my big fat burrito last night and made a fiesta themed salad.

IMG_9752

I am totally in love with this heart shaped bowl that came in my Electrolux swag bag. 🙂

IMG_9755

I <3 Salad!

• Spinach
  • Tomato
  • Mushrooms
  • Avocado
  • Corn
  • TJ’s Harvest Grain Mix (leftover from Sunday)
  • Refried Beans
  • Salsa Verde

IMG_9764

Paired with an apple.

IMG_9760

This was a very filling and delicious lunch.:)

We have a winner!

The winner of the Progresso Souper Douper You prize pack is…

February 15, 2010 at 10:40 pm

amanda

i love that mug! i’m a sucker for beef barley and pot roast. i loveeee soups!

Congrats Amanda! Send me an e-mail at graduatemeghann@gmail.com with your contact information and the prize pack will be on its way shortly!

1 megzzwinsatlife February 16, 2010 at 2:53 pm

what an adorable bowl!!! I hope Orlando warms but before I come in three weeks… NY is cold and I am itching for some warm weather..

2 kt February 16, 2010 at 2:54 pm

I need to get my hands on some salsa verde!

3 foodfitnessandfreya February 16, 2010 at 3:05 pm

HAHA I thought that topping on your lunch was loads of PB!! I thought ‘what an odd combo with the leftover burrito…’ lolz 😛
LOVE your heart bowl! Where’s it from?
Have a good afternoon 🙂

4 missyrayn February 16, 2010 at 3:10 pm

That salad looks great. I love using leftovers for salad toppings. I use chili all the time.

So funny that Orlando is so cold but should be so warm soon. Crazy weather. At least you don’t have snow.

5 Jess February 16, 2010 at 3:48 pm

I’m from Vancouver!
We’re having a non existent winter…but all the snow boarding, etc…is on the mountains where there is some snow…and a lot of shipped in snow 😛

6 Amber from Girl with the Red Hair February 16, 2010 at 3:53 pm

I grew up in BC and now live 4 hours northeast of Vancouver and I have to say the weather we are having right now is VERY WEIRD and a really, really unfortunate coincidence that it coincided with the Winter Olympics 🙁

In the city I live in they say it’s an average of 5 C (about 15 F) warmer then any other year at this time and we’ve also only gotten about 20 cm of snow this winter and usually we get about 70. Very, very weird weather for us!

7 Syl February 16, 2010 at 3:59 pm

Hi Meghann,
I sent you an email a little while back regarding your shirt that you bought with the “glass slipper” (running shoe).

I just wondered if you had a moment if you could respond.
thanks Meghann!

8 Sarah February 16, 2010 at 4:19 pm

I am at the other end of Canada (in Nova Scotia) and we too are having weird winter weather. Other than a few cold days it’s been a really warm winter. Tonight we are supposed to get 15cm of snow, this will be maybe the biggest dump I’ve seen all winter. Other than flurries, it’s been a very green grass winter.

I love your bowl as well, I am a complete sucker for dishes, I find my food tastes SO much better on pretty / funky plates!

9 Erica @ Fashion meets Food February 16, 2010 at 4:21 pm

That bowl is too cute, and I really need to try salsa verde

10 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday February 16, 2010 at 4:32 pm

Do you make your own salsa verde?

11 Heather February 16, 2010 at 4:36 pm

YUM, lunch looks great! that apple sounds good right about now…

12 Amy February 16, 2010 at 4:45 pm

I’m in Ottawa, Ontario… and its a mild -1 today!

Really warm weather all over Canada, which is really sad considering its the Olympics and we’re supposed to be the “Great White North”!!

13 eatinggreenstayinglean February 16, 2010 at 4:57 pm

That cereal looks awesome! I need to replenish my Kashi stash soon 🙂 My dad is down in florida and said it’s been cold there…so crazy! Hopefully it’ll warm up for you soon (although I don’t feel TOOOO bad since I’m from Vermont, haha)

14 Kelly February 16, 2010 at 4:58 pm

yeah, winter olympics should have been held in b-more, dc, or philly this year. no lack of snow there.

15 Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg February 16, 2010 at 5:02 pm

Cute bowl!!! Perfect for v-day (or just past v-day!).

16 Jacquie February 16, 2010 at 5:08 pm

It’s funny you say that about the weather. I went to Texas this weekend and there was a man in front of me in the security line laughing about how he was leaving Baltimore to get away from the snow… in Buffalo, NY!!! This winter has definitely been a weird one everywhere.

Could you please send that 70 degrees here too?

17 NYCRunnerGirl February 16, 2010 at 5:09 pm

Meghann, I love how you are always able to create a brand new lunch out of your leftovers from the night before. That salsa verde looks delicious, by the way!

18 Angela February 16, 2010 at 5:23 pm

that salad looks great, I love that you incorporated your left overs in to lunch the next day. I really need to work on eating left overs, I’m really bad at it!

19 Lisa (bakebikeblog) February 16, 2010 at 5:33 pm

What a great looking lunch! And that heart bowl is too sweet 🙂

20 Run Sarah February 16, 2010 at 5:37 pm

Too funny!! My parents are in Florida right now to escape the ‘Winter’ Olympics here! Your lunch looks great – I bought some Israeli couscous the other day and am inspired to make a similar meal.

21 Leena February 16, 2010 at 6:01 pm

I love that bowl! so cute! and your lunch looks amazing! it amazes me how you always are able to just throw random things into a bowl and it turns out looking so good!

22 Erica February 16, 2010 at 6:17 pm

ah! The cold has been killer! We got snow this weekend- 2 inches …but still snow…in Charleston! Great looking lunch. Love how you made your leftovers into something new. And that bowl is just so freaking cute. Hope you’re having a good one

23 mai February 16, 2010 at 6:55 pm

If it helps Vancouver is unseasonably warm right now. I just walked around in flip-flops and just a light jacket and was almost warm… They even had to bring in snow from higher elevations for some of the Olympic venues because it all melted away.

That lunch looked delicious!

24 angiismyname February 16, 2010 at 7:04 pm

boo cold weather! i say bring the sunshine back.

25 eaternotarunner February 16, 2010 at 7:54 pm

I heard the same thing on the news in Tampa…crazy!

26 josh February 16, 2010 at 8:18 pm

So heart shape bowls make it on to the blog before the plates I bought you for Xmas. What the Hell?

27 Meghann February 16, 2010 at 8:45 pm

Your plates have been on the blog a lot. What are you talking about?

28 Emilyeatsclean February 16, 2010 at 8:36 pm

I’ll be in FL next weekend! I’m hoping to leave snowy TN and fly into warm FL so I’m with ya…….it needs to warm up down there and soon! 🙂

-emily http://www.emilyeatsclean.wordpress.com

29 Bee February 17, 2010 at 12:41 am

To echo the comments above this winter has been unseasonably warm, especially compared to the record-breaking amount of snow we had this year. The best part of walking through Vancouver right now, is that all the visitors are bundled up and most of the locals are out in t-shirts. Such a neat place to be.