A Big Fat Burrito

by Meghann on February 15, 2010

I survived my first day back! Woop! Woop!

I just got off the phone with my Mom who informed me she survived hers as well. We both miss NYC, but are happy to be back in our normal routines.

This morning I packed one of my favorite combinations for my afternoon snacks.

Carrots + Almond Butter

I need to look into replacing my secret jar. The barney butter packet just wasn’t the same as good ole almond butter fresh from the jar.

Dinner tonight was inspired by this lovely can of refried beans

I decided the can of beans would make the perfect filling for a big fat burrito.

Burrito filling consisted of:

• Refried Beans
  • Banana Peppers
  • Spinach
  • Corn
  • Mushrooms
  • Red Onions
  • Tomato
  • Jalapenos
  • Cheese

The burrito was rolled with a Flat Out wrap, coasted in salsa verde, and baked for 10 minutes at 425 degrees.

Once cooked I topped the burrito with half an avocado and plain yogurt.

With the burrito I had a bag of chips that were left over from my flight to NYC

All together on a plate of love.

The burrito was great! I actually ended up crumbling the chips on top of the burrito for a bit of crunch. I concluded all burritos need crunch. πŸ˜‰

Dessert was a piece of Sin Dawg that I’m sure was feeling neglected while I was in NYC.

Gotta love that cinnamony, nutty gooeyness.

Now if you will excuse me I have some DVR catch up to do.

Good Night!

1 Sara @ ActiveGal February 15, 2010 at 9:34 pm

Congrats on surviving the first day back! It’s always rough sometimes getting into the swing of things again. Barney Butter = YUM!!

2 Evan Thomas February 15, 2010 at 9:39 pm

The sin dawg is tantalizing, but not as much as this news you’re keeping secret! What could it be?

3 Jenna February 15, 2010 at 9:39 pm

Nothing better than a healthy homemade burrito after a long day. Glad that you managed to survive the first day back after a week out. That can always be tough. Nothing that a little evening r&r and DVR can’t fix though. πŸ™‚

4 Emily February 15, 2010 at 9:41 pm

hi Meghann! I have a question for you about dried fruit. I’ve seen dried kiwi on your blog a couple of times, and it looks so good, but I can never find it! Where do you get your dried fruit? Also, do you get fruit with sugar added? I always try to find some without sugar, but recently I’ve noticed that it’s almost impossible…everything has sugar or high fructose corn syrup! Any suggestions??

5 Meghann February 15, 2010 at 9:43 pm

The dried kiwi is from Oh Nuts! Usually I try to look for dried fruit with no added sugar but I believe the kiwi has some

6 becca7684 February 15, 2010 at 10:04 pm

Need to get me some Sin Dawg! Looks divine…what a perfect ending to Monday!

7 Emily February 15, 2010 at 10:09 pm

That burrito looks awesome, I am always awed by your wrapping skills!

8 Katie @ Health for the Whole Self February 15, 2010 at 10:09 pm

Great looking burrito! Never would have thought to add the chips for crunch, but it sounds yummy!

9 Amy February 15, 2010 at 10:16 pm

Those sweet potato chips are fantastic! A friend let me try one or two and I ended up finishing her bag the first time I had them… it was love at first bite…

10 Emilyeatsclean February 15, 2010 at 10:21 pm

Isn’t it just amazing how PB is soooo good on everything….even vegetables?!?! πŸ™‚

-emily http://www.emilyeatsclean.wordpress.com

11 Jamie (Food in Real Life) February 15, 2010 at 10:23 pm

I lurve me some FF refried beans. I always keep some cans in the house for last minute meals!

12 theprocessofhealing February 15, 2010 at 10:25 pm

Big burittos are the best!!

13 kt February 15, 2010 at 10:26 pm

Yum, I’ve been trying to come up with some ideas for how to use the rest of a can of green chiles I opened up the other day and I think I’ll make a big burrito for lunch tomorrow! Thanks for the idea, Meghann!

14 inmytummy February 15, 2010 at 10:34 pm

Old El Paso refried beans have been a staple in my diet for the last ten years or so. I don’t know why, but I really like them!

15 amanda February 15, 2010 at 10:41 pm

i love those sweet potato chips. i wish i could find tiny bags like that.

16 Matt February 15, 2010 at 10:45 pm

That bread looks so good! Do you know if you can order it online?

17 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday February 15, 2010 at 10:46 pm

What’s a Sin Dawg?

18 Leena February 15, 2010 at 11:25 pm

omg i love the sin dawgs! dave’s killer bread is AMAZING as well! it’s definitely the best bread i’ve ever had in my life… so soft and flavorful.. i wish i could buy it at my local store!
that burrito looks so good too! good idea with the sweet potato chips on top πŸ™‚

19 caronae February 15, 2010 at 11:29 pm

Sans the tomato, you may have just created the perfect burrito!

20 Daydreamer Desserts February 15, 2010 at 11:48 pm

Ohhh that burrito looks so yummy and Terra chips, I just love those! It was great meeting you in NYC. πŸ™‚

21 Crystal February 15, 2010 at 11:53 pm

Have you tried hazelnut almond butter? It is so tasty! The brand I buy is “Nuts to You” but I’m from Canada so it might not be available where you are. But it is worth it to know that it exists!

22 finnyfinds February 16, 2010 at 12:00 am

So maybe this is a dumb question … but I have been seeing Barney Butter pop up on lots of blogs recently. Is it always almond butter? Or is it different kinds of nut butters? It sounds really good!

23 Angela February 16, 2010 at 12:10 am

I had a burrito for dinner to, mmmm. I love the idea of crumbling chips on top, I’m going to have to try that!

24 eatinggreenstayinglean February 16, 2010 at 12:11 am

The burrito looks AWESOME. Avocado just seems to go good on everything lately πŸ™‚

25 foodfitnessandfreya February 16, 2010 at 3:52 am

oohh the sin dawg looks tasty! Never had a burrito but it looks good…never had refried beans either! Or sweet potato chips…are they better than regular? TBH anything made with sweet potato must be, I LOVE that vegetable πŸ˜€
Have fun with the DVR πŸ™‚

26 Stacey February 16, 2010 at 7:21 am

Yay! Glad you survived your first day πŸ˜€ I had a burrito last night too, it was HUGE..probably as long as my arm..and I inhaled all of it! My tummy is soooo not thanking me this morning. Hope you have a good Tuesday πŸ™‚

27 Heather (Heather's Dish) February 16, 2010 at 12:02 pm

that burrito looks amazing…i’d totally eat that RIGHT NOW! hope you have a great day πŸ™‚

28 Retta @ RunRettaRun February 16, 2010 at 2:42 pm

I love your plate! You just reminded me that I need to hit up Target for post V-Day clearance!

29 kristilyn February 16, 2010 at 7:04 pm

Yum – your burrito looks delicious! And I love that heart plate. πŸ™‚

Never heard of Sin Dawg’s … is that just a US thing?

K