more ยป" />

The Great Dress Hunt of 2010

by Meghann on February 13, 2010

“We have located this bag at Cincinnati, OH (CVG) airport and are scheduling it to be on a flight to your final destination.

Please check back again for the delivery date and time of your bag.”

It’s probably not a good sign that the status of my missing bag has not changed since the first time I checked it last night. ๐Ÿ™

With no hope of getting my bag before our 5:30 dinner reservation, Derek and I headed to the mall for The Great Dress Hunt of 2010!

I’m pretty sure I tried on every dress imaginable.

IMG_6599.JPG IMG_6600.JPG

IMG_6604.JPG IMG_6606.JPG

IMG_6607.JPG IMG_6609.JPG

After a dozen or so stores I finally found something that would work for tonight.

I have no make up, shoes, or hair supplies, but at least I have a dress. ๐Ÿ™‚

Before we headed towards the mall I heated up some leftover roasted vegetables from last night.

I topped the vegetables with marinara sauce and a sprinkle of cheese.

On the side I had half of an everything bagel to soak up the remaining marinara sauce with.

Just a minute a go I had my last Sweet Revolution Caramels I received from Ryan on Monday night.

Derek and I have a fancy schmancy meal planned before Wicked tonight. I’m looking forward to a nice glass of wine and a great meal with my man. I’m also looking forward to finally seeing Wicked! After reading the book and being obsessed with the soundtrack I can’t wait to see how it all comes together. Let’s just hope I don’t accidentally start singing out loud with the songs. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Have a great Saturday everyone!

1 Heather February 13, 2010 at 5:12 pm

you’re so cute…you look great in every one of those dresses! hope you guys have a wonderful night ๐Ÿ™‚

2 Heather February 13, 2010 at 5:16 pm

Have a great time tonight. Wicked is an amazing play – you will love it.

Enjoy your fancy dinner and relax with a glass of wine!

3 Jamie (Food in Real Life) February 13, 2010 at 5:28 pm

I love that one shoulder one!

4 kt February 13, 2010 at 5:39 pm

Can’t wait to see what dress you picked! You’ll absolutely love Wicked… but may have to put some effort into not singing along ๐Ÿ˜‰ I know I did haha. Have fun!

5 foodfitnessandfreya February 13, 2010 at 5:39 pm

LOVE the 2nd to last dress – it looks a bit like that famous Galaxy Dress that was..well, really famous for ages! But they all look great ๐Ÿ™‚
I hope you have a fab night!

6 becca7684 February 13, 2010 at 5:52 pm

Sounds like a great date and props for keeping a positive attitude despite the great travel debacle!

7 Bec February 13, 2010 at 5:53 pm

glad you found a dress, have a great night!

8 Lauren February 13, 2010 at 5:53 pm

Sorry about your bag situation, that is always so frustrating. That being said, it’s nice to have a valid excuse to buy a new dress, right? ๐Ÿ™‚ I love the grayish one at the bottom!

9 megan February 13, 2010 at 5:58 pm

I LOVED seeing wicked. I actually saw it twice. definitely one of my favorites, you’ll love it!

10 melissa February 13, 2010 at 6:04 pm

omg, that was me all week. I tried on at least 20 dresses, 10 bras, pairs of shoes, he better think i look hot!

ps i loved reading about your nyc trip! you really did my city justice!

11 tramey1 February 13, 2010 at 6:10 pm

Wicked is GLORIOUS. Seriously 2 of the best hours of my life! Got to see it as a surprise from my brother, while we were in LA last year….ahhh-mazing. ๐Ÿ˜€ Cannot wait to hear what you think!!!

-Blogger Boy

12 Michelle February 13, 2010 at 6:12 pm

have an awesome time at Wicked! I saw it twice, def one of my favorites ๐Ÿ™‚ enjoy!

13 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) February 13, 2010 at 6:22 pm

I LOVE the one-shoulder dress….I hope you picked that one ๐Ÿ™‚

Can’t wait to see which dress you ended up buying.

14 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) February 13, 2010 at 6:23 pm

Oh and I listened to the Wicked soundtrack about 300 times before seeing it on stage….I almost broke out into song during EVERY song…SO GOOOOOD!!

15 Kayla February 13, 2010 at 6:35 pm

I like the dress on the bottom left. What shoes are you going to wear?

You’re going to love Wicked. It’s so good.

16 Lynne February 13, 2010 at 6:36 pm

You’ll love Wicked – it’s a great musical.
Have fun!

17 Angela (the lady loves to eat) February 13, 2010 at 6:39 pm

Have a great time tonight! Can’t wait to see what dress you chose!

18 Running on Faith February 13, 2010 at 6:42 pm

You will sing Defying Gravity as will the rest of the audience!! I remember my heart racing during that scene! Have such a fun time!

19 Dawn February 13, 2010 at 6:43 pm

You will LOVE Wicked. Have a great time tonight!

20 Jo February 13, 2010 at 6:46 pm

Hope you have a great time at Wicked – looking forward to hearing what you think of it.

I am terrible for wanting to sing along at musicals!

21 Duchess of Fork February 13, 2010 at 6:47 pm

You are going to LOVE Wicked! I cried twice when I saw it for the first time (nerd, I know). Such a beautiful story of friendship. Have fun tonight!!

22 Darci February 13, 2010 at 6:50 pm

you look smashing in each one!! can’t wait to see which one you picked!!

have a super nite!

23 Run Sarah February 13, 2010 at 6:54 pm

Have a great time tonight – love all of the dresses, especially bottom left!

24 sAm February 13, 2010 at 7:08 pm

I LOVE the gray dress – too cute! Hope you have a great time tonight!!

25 Lily @ Lily's Health Pad February 13, 2010 at 7:14 pm

So many of those dresses look cute on you! I can’t wait to see which one you picked.

26 Matt February 13, 2010 at 7:15 pm

Have fun tonight ๐Ÿ™‚ I am sure you will look great no matter what!

27 justjac February 13, 2010 at 7:26 pm

Yum! I’m eating roasted veggies (but mine with humus ;)) as I read this!
Can’t help in the shoe department, but as for the makeup I suggest venturing to sephora or a department store and “trying on” makeup aka using theirs haha ๐Ÿ˜€

28 Anna February 13, 2010 at 7:37 pm

Ooh, I like the one-shoulder one!!! Wicked is SO fun!

29 strawberrysuitcase February 13, 2010 at 7:48 pm

big night out totally calls for a new dress. losing your suitcase must’ve been a blessing in disguise bc you get to shop! that stinks about your makeup…i have to travel with mine in my carry-on because i can’t function without it! hope it comes soon.

30 Karla February 13, 2010 at 8:08 pm

All those dresses look great! Can’t wait to see which one you chose! Have fun!

31 carlysharec February 13, 2010 at 8:14 pm

I love the bottom left-hand one! Have a great (relaxing) night out!

32 Niki @ Niki's Neverending Adventure February 13, 2010 at 8:28 pm

Glad you found something to wear! I would be lost without all my stuff!! I hope you have a wonderful night! I have been dying to see Wicked too, as I am in love with the soundtrack also! I love a lot of theatrical soundtracks, my favorite of all time being RENT!!

33 actorsdiet February 13, 2010 at 8:38 pm

love the grey dress with the cap sleeves – classic!

34 meyergirl February 13, 2010 at 8:47 pm

LOVE the assymetrical dress! Have fun!

35 Gwen February 13, 2010 at 9:01 pm

It is totally legit to start singing along! I went to see Grease tonight (with Taylor Hicks and Ace Young from American Idol) and totally sang along! Can’t wait to see which dress you picked!

36 Deva (Voracious Vorilee) February 13, 2010 at 9:01 pm

I am glad you found a dress, all of them look adorable! I’m sorry that your bag made an extended visit to the cincinnati airport – it stinks to not have all of your stuff when you need it!

37 islandgirleats February 13, 2010 at 9:54 pm

I love the top right dress. So pretty!

38 Anna February 13, 2010 at 10:09 pm

Meghann,
I love your blog and your healthy attitude toward food and exercise. As someone who has struggled with food and body image i find you so refreshing.
I am a self proclaimed blog “lurker.” But tonight I just HAD to come out and ask where you shop. Lately I’ve noticed you have been wearing dozens of great dresses. I like your style – the perfect mix of classy and fun.
Thanks,
Anna

39 Meghann February 14, 2010 at 8:03 am

Thanks Anna ๐Ÿ™‚

The above dresses are form The Limited, Banana Republic, and New York & Company. I also shop at The Loft, American Eagle, and Express.

40 Bridget February 14, 2010 at 1:41 am

I hope that you had a great time! I also have yet to see Wicked, though I think I may try to see it in Tokyo sometime this Spring.

I loved the first one, the one shoulder dress, and the gray square-neck one. Too bad that you had to go shopping–it always proves harder when you absolutely need to buy something, too! Hopefully, your bag is now safe and sound with you. Glad that you made the flight, though! Transferring airlines is very frustrating.

Happy Valentine’s Day to you and Derek!

41 Eating Abroad February 14, 2010 at 6:55 am

Have a wonderful time at Wicked! You will be on such a high by the intermission! What a great feeling! Rest assured that you look really great in all of the dresses you tried on… without makeup and hair products, you will still look beautiful for your fancy night! Have fun!

42 usfmeg25 February 14, 2010 at 8:52 am

I love the first dress. It’s professional, yet very sexy. You’re body looks amazing!

43 Can You Stay for Dinner February 14, 2010 at 10:04 am

You look so pretty in all of them! I really like the second one (the one-shoulder) because it’s so different! Hope you had a blast!!

44 runningwithsass February 14, 2010 at 10:45 am

so sorry about the bag still! all those dresses are sper cute!

45 Gracie February 14, 2010 at 11:21 am

Girllll you look GORGE in all of them! Seriously!

by the way – I’m planning on going to the MaxOut Studio this week (where your friend Dave works)! I’ll let you know how it goes =)

46 Karen whitlock February 14, 2010 at 11:23 am

WICKED is so much fun! Hope you had a great time. At least they found the bag, not it is just a matter of how long it takes to get to you ๐Ÿ™‚

47 Julie @SavvyEats February 14, 2010 at 11:47 am

Delta lost my bag this week too! Somehow, they lost the one I checked planeside…which you wouldn’t think would be possible!

I’d call the customer service number, because the website still says my bag is in Madison, and it was delivered to me in NY last night!

When I was on the phone trying to track down my bag, one of the service reps told me that when the plane is too heavy, they will pull off random pieces of luggage to bring the weight of the plane down. I don’t know if that applies to a bigger plane that is going from NY to Orlando (I was on a tiny little plane), but if that isn’t a terrible baggage policy, I don’t know what is!

48 kristilyn February 14, 2010 at 3:12 pm

I really like that first dress on you!

K

49 Bev February 15, 2010 at 12:47 am

About your lost luggage… BTDT. still no fun. Glad you made it to Tampa, and that you enjoyed the play. Your dress looked great..and the meal too. Luv u.