more ยป" />

Mystery Soup

by Meghann on February 2, 2010

In case you missed it I added Derek’s response to the end of my lunch post. I highly recommend you check it out. Definitely a must read! ๐Ÿ˜‰

This afternoon I broke out a delicious Pineapple Chobani for my afternoon snack.

The pineapple flavor has to be one of the best yogurts out there. Chobani has a winner here. I’m so happy my local Publix finally has these on the shelves.

I had plans this evening to meet Ashley for a trampoline cardio class and knew I didn’t want to eat dinner before a class full of jumping. I also knew I wouldn’t be able to make it through the whole class on an empty stomach.

So, instead of eating dinner at my regular time, I had a small snack and held off until after class for a late dinner.

small snack = [re]fuel square

Trampoline Cardio was a blast!

It was definitely more of a work out than I remembered from the last time I came to Rebounderz. By the end I was sweating and exhausted. I wish this place was closer to my apartment! If it were I would probably going every day just to have some fun!

If you are in the Orlando area I highly suggest you check out the Rebounderz class at least once! They offer cardio classes Monday – Thursday at 7:00pm and the first class is free!

Many thanks to Ashley for inviting me out tonight! We spent thirty minutes after class just playing catch up. Love this girl!

I came home hungry, exhausted, and immediately pulled a frozen mystery soup from the freeze.

I really need to get better at labeling food before it goes in the freezer. :/

Oh well. Good thing I have a handy dandy blog to fall back on!

After a little searching I was able to determine the mystery soup was actually a Butternut Squash & Pear Soup I had made back in December.

Mystery or not, the soup was still delicious topped with some cashews.

With the soup I had a piece of toast topped with hummus and swiss cheese.

For dessert I had 1/2 of one of Amanda’s Peanut Butter Cup Blondies.

It was a tad freezer burnt, but the peanut buttery cup goodness made up for it. ๐Ÿ™‚

It’s way past my bed time, but before I go here are a few more Q&As for ya.

Good Night!

Question: You seem like such a perfect eater who never overeats. How do you resist snacking in the evening after you’ve had your dinner and perfectly reasonable dessert? I always go overboard…

I actually get this question a lot and have thought long and hard about my answer. The conclusion? I believe I go to bed way too freaking early for the hunger to return.

I eat dinner around 6:30, dessert around 7:30, blog around 8:00, and usually crawl into bed with a book and a hot cup of tea around 9:00. I believe if I stayed up any later then I probably would start to feel snacky, but going to bed the same time as my three year old cousin doesnโ€™t allow the time for those urges to appear.

Question: Does eating a lot of roughage ever get “rough” on you tummy?

Not at all. I am as regular as a person can be and have never had a problem in that department. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Question: Do you usually eat everything on your plate? Especially at restaurants?

If I prepared it at home then more thank likely I have licked my plate clean. At restaurants it all depends. I judge my plate on portion size and how heavy the meal is. Depending on that I will eat until I feel satisfied or clean my plate. Usually I know how to order just enough food to fill me up and will eat everything provided.

Question: Your family doesn’t seem to eat the healthiest foods (I see your dad cooks a lot of decadent breakfasts) and my family is quite similar. How do you deal with eating healthy when there’s all that temptation around??

Yes, my Dad is famous for being heavy handed with butters and sauces. Itโ€™s no secret his favorite celebrity chef is Paula Dean and that every meal he produces is based around a meat. Lucky for me I have the best Daddy in the world and he is always willing to compromise. Iโ€™ve always, always been a picky eater so this is nothing new.

My Dad is really good about lightening up his meals when ever possible when my sister and I are home. If I ask nicely heโ€™ll steam the veggies instead of coating them in butter or will sub a sweet potato for a white potato.

However, there are some things (such as his biscuits and gravy) that are just too good to change. In that case I still enjoy it on my plate, just in a much smaller serving. I also round out the plate with lots of fresh fruit or veggies.

Question: Do you plan your meals for the week? or do you decide what to eat, right before the meal?

It depends. Sometimes at the beginning of the week I feel inspired with a lot of great meals ideas and plan accordingly. However, some weeks I have no clue what I want (like this week). In those cases I try to imagine a great meal while Iโ€™m at work, or I stand in front of the fridge for 10 minutes until something pops out at me.

1 islandgirleats February 2, 2010 at 10:59 pm

I finally got to try the new Chobani yogurts last week. I was so excited when they finally made their way to our little island. I just about screamed in the middle of the grocery store!!!

What a fun class. You guys are so lucky to have all that fun stuff around you. I am jealous!

2 theprocessofhealing February 2, 2010 at 11:01 pm

I totally agree about Pineapple Chobani. It’s for sure my favorite flavored yogurt, ever. And you’re so lucky to be able to go to that class! Sounds like such a fun workout!
And i’m with your dad on Paula Dean.. even though I don’t cook with quite as much butter, I love her. I went to Savannah and ate at her restaurant and it was quite delicious ๐Ÿ™‚ I just admire her for making something of herself.. she went from literally nothing to what she is now. So inspiring.

3 Madeline - Greens and Jeans February 2, 2010 at 11:07 pm

Derek’s comment actually made me chuckle out loud!

4 finnyfinds February 2, 2010 at 11:23 pm

That trampoline cardio looks amazing! Thanks for the idea – I’m going to see if I can find one in the northeast.

5 Stephanie February 2, 2010 at 11:24 pm

I LOVE the capris you wore to your trampoline session tonight! Where did you get them?????????

6 Meghann February 3, 2010 at 9:14 am

I actually got them at Wal Mart forver ago. They’re made by Danskin

7 inmytummy February 2, 2010 at 11:31 pm

Atlanta is so slacking on getting the Pineapple Chobanis. They need to get with the program!

8 Amanda February 2, 2010 at 11:33 pm

I just read Derek’s response and the last part about marriage brought tears to my eyes. He seems like such a wonderful guy and you can tell that he truly cares so much for you!

9 K February 2, 2010 at 11:36 pm

meghann, I hate that I always say this to you, but I am really worried about you! You work out a ton, and today especially you did a double work out, but you really don’t seem to be eating enough!!! Please think about this! A bowl of soup and bread with a piece of cheese isn’t a sufficient dinner for all your working out!

10 melissa February 3, 2010 at 1:23 pm

I don’t understand who you are to judge Meghann? She knows her body better than you or anything one else that reads this blog. She is a big girl and can make her own decisions.

11 caronae February 2, 2010 at 11:45 pm

The trampoline class sounds incredible! Thanks for answering my question (I asked about portions/nighttime snacking)!

12 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) February 2, 2010 at 11:54 pm

Ahhh seeing you and Ashley on the trampoline makes me miss my gymnastics practices!

I love how the trampoline can get your heart up SO FRICKIN’ fast….not to mention it’s so exhilarating!

13 abbynormally February 2, 2010 at 11:55 pm

Trampoline cardio has to be so fun! To be a kid again!

14 peachesnkate February 2, 2010 at 11:58 pm

Hi Meghann…Do you tend to eat at specific / set times during the day? I noticed you had a bit of a schedule for your dinner / desert meals.

15 Meghann February 3, 2010 at 6:52 am

I do during the weekdays. With working 40 hrs it just seems to fall in to place that way. Breakfast at 7:30, snack at 10:00, lunch at 12:00, snack at 3:00, dinner at 6:30, dessert at 7:30. It tends to vary depending on how busy I get but that seems to be the gist of it. On the weekend its ore flexible because my days on the weekend never look the same.

16 Jenna February 3, 2010 at 12:03 am

Looks like so much fun!

17 Chelsea February 3, 2010 at 12:11 am

That trampoline place looks like so.much.fun. I bet it’s a great workout too!

18 cookinfanatic February 3, 2010 at 12:15 am

I love the Q&A with Derek, very cute! I too used to work for one of the big 4 as an auditor, I hope the hours are better in HR (ugh 80 hour weeks were the norm!) One thing though with the marriage question, I agree that it’s a bit forward and maybe you don’t want to post it to the world… but when you meet “the one” you usually know whether that is the person you will marry within a pretty short amount of time so I think it’s interesting that ya’ll skirted around that response…. however obviously just my perspective though, I wish nothing but the best with you two! ๐Ÿ™‚

19 eatinggreenstayinglean February 3, 2010 at 12:17 am

Those blondies look delicious! I might have to attempt making them soon…

20 justjac February 3, 2010 at 12:54 am

Hey Iโ€™m hosting a secret Valentineโ€™s Day exchange on my blog. I hope youโ€™ll participate!!!

21 Run Sarah February 3, 2010 at 1:18 am

Great answers – I always wondered about how you resist evening snacking! I have found with earlier bed times I eat a better afternoon snack and snack less after dessert too.

22 foodfitnessandfreya February 3, 2010 at 4:34 am

Oh cool, trampolining class! I used to love trampolining at high school, that must have been so fun!! No wonder you didn’t want dinner before though…that would have made a reappearence again if you did no doubt ๐Ÿ˜›
Butternut squash and pear – amazing, I am so making that!
Have a great evening:)

23 Alex February 3, 2010 at 7:57 am

Ohio needs to get them some trampoline cardio asap. ๐Ÿ™‚

24 Jenna [RunEatRide] February 3, 2010 at 8:03 am

I wish Chobani was sold at my grocery store ๐Ÿ™ I really want to try that trampoline workout! It looks so fun! I loved reading Dereks answers ๐Ÿ˜‰

25 Kay February 3, 2010 at 8:25 am

i think the pineapple chobani is so great because its low fat yogurt – i think a little fat makes it so much better ๐Ÿ™‚

ahh that seems like such a fun way to catch up with friends and move a little ๐Ÿ™‚

26 Anne P February 3, 2010 at 8:44 am

I’m so jealous of that trampoline class!!! I so want to go next time I’m in town ๐Ÿ™‚

27 dianacheung February 3, 2010 at 8:48 am

What a fun workout! BTW you are looking uber toned!

28 Goldie February 3, 2010 at 9:25 am

ha! mystery soup! that has to make dinner more exciting!

29 Heather @ Side of Sneakers February 3, 2010 at 10:01 am

Love Derek’s response;) That trampoline looks like SO MUCH fun I can’t stand it!!! It’s so sweet that your Dad is willing to accommodate for you and your sister- that can be tough in a family situation, and lots of people aren’t willing to adjust!

30 Teri February 3, 2010 at 10:12 am

oh my gosh, that workout looks hilarious. i’ve never heard of such a thing! and why, oh why, can’t i find pineapple chobani anywhere in my town??

31 Jessica February 3, 2010 at 10:34 am

My current favorite is Core rythyms DVD. It combines all sorts of Latin moves to give you a great cardio workout that is fun. They also have the option of the backview of the moves so that you can follow along with out feeling like you are going in the opposite direction!

32 Heather (Heather's Dish) February 3, 2010 at 11:58 am

i just keep thinking that your hair is so cute! i really like that color on you ๐Ÿ™‚

rebounderz looks fun…i think there’s a place like that in Denver I need to try out soon!

33 Evan Thomas February 3, 2010 at 12:11 pm

That looks like the most fun form of exercise I could imagine!

34 eaternotarunner February 3, 2010 at 1:07 pm

That trampoline class looks so fun! I would probably be laughing too hard to do it though ๐Ÿ˜‰

35 Tess February 3, 2010 at 2:10 pm

My Favorite workout DVD would have to be Turbo Jam…it’s fun and it makes me sweaty!

36 Laura February 4, 2010 at 12:43 pm

That class looks really good fun! I would definately give that a go if I had one near me