more »" />

Welcome to February

by Meghann on February 1, 2010

You know you’ve entered your birthday month when e-mails such as these begin to pop up in your inbox.

birthday2

BIRTHDAY1

birthday3

Three cheers for free birthday gelati and frozen yogurt! ;)

Seeing those e-mail brought a BIG smile to my face this morning. I can’t believe there is only one more week left in my 24th year. Come next Monday I turn the big 2-5. Yikes!

As much as I am not a fan of actually getting older (is it to late to just keep celebrating my 21st birthday over and over again?) I do LOVE birthdays! There is something about the whole birthday month that just makes everything feel special.

I think all the birthday promos help with that. I mean free frozen yogurt? I can live with that.

I began the last week of my 24th year with some nice yoga this morning. I love, love, love practicing yoga the day after my long runs. All the stretching really helps my body recover.

Breakfast was a standard bowl of cereal. (My apologies for the poorly lit photos. The sun was hiding this morning.)

IMG_8045

IMG_8048

The bowl was delicious. I really think it was the pumpkin yogurt that pushed it to the top. :)

Your Questions Answered…

I have designated some space at the bottom of each post this week to answer all the questions you guys asked on Friday.

Keep in mind I will try my best to answer each and every question. I have combined questions that were similar for repetitive purposes. i.e. I had 15 questions that were directed to how much I weigh, so instead of listing all 15 I will just list 1. :)

Question : How much do you weigh, how tall are you and what size jeans do you wear?

I received quite a few questions very similar to this one. It seems like my weight is a hot topic and judging by the format in which some of these questions were asked I believe many of you might be surprised by the numbers. Normally I would not answer this question, but as I did say ‘Ask Anything’ here goes nothing.

Height: 5’4”

Weight: 121 lbs (as of 1/31)

Jeans: 2 or 4 (depending on brand)

There you have it. Pretty much what you were expecting?

I think someone’s weight is so hard to judge in pictures because of how different people carry it. That’s why to me weight isn’t as important as how my clothes fit.

Question: Why do you eat almond butter instead of peanut butter? Is AB healthier? Tastier?

Great question. Its probably debatable if almond butter is healthier than peanut butter. Lord knows I won’t even begin to guess on that one, but in my opinion it is definitely tastier. You see I have a bit of a secret. Though I love peanut butter cookies, peanut butter ice cream, peanut butter pretzels, and peanut butter chocolates I can not stand plain peanut butter from the jar. I don’t even like licking the jarred peanut butter from my fingers! I know, I know call me a weirdo, but I’m just not a fan of plain peanut butter. Almond butter, in my opinion, tastes 1000 times better straight up than peanut butter. :)

Question: How much of your food goes undocumented? (Especially during marathon training)

I would say I document 90% – 95% of what I eat on the blog. The other 5% – 10% are bites here and there that I forget to document. For instance, I am a terrible nibbler when it comes to preparing meals. Its usually one scoop of cereal for my bowl and one small handful in my mouth as I prepare my morning breakfast. I also will randomly grab pieces of dried fruit or a small handful of cereal from the cabinets after work or will grab a couple of grapes or strawberries when ever I stare at the fridge deciding what’s for dinner.

Question: Does your sis still have a blog?

No, she does not. A few of you have asked me if she has it on a private setting or not, but as far as I know she has completely discarded it. She is super busy with grad school and sadly could not find the time to keep blogging. I will tell you that she is doing really well and just started work on her thesis.

You can follow Kelly through twitter at http://twitter.com/BNeathitall

{ 52 comments… read them below or add one }

Leave a Comment

CommentLuv badge

Previous post:

Next post: