Go Magic!

by Meghann on January 31, 2010

Last night the Orlando Magic kicked some major Atlanta Hawk booty!

When I was younger my Dad’s company had season tickets to the Orlando Magic. Every other week my Dad would take turns bringing each of us kids to one of the games. It was big deal to get to go because it meant being allowed to go out on a school night and it meant some rare one-on-one time with good ole Dad.

Being in the arena last night brought back all those old happy memories. I think for that reason the Orlando Magic will always have a soft spot in my heart. πŸ™‚

Before the game Derek and I decided to save some money and make dinner at home.

On the menu? Pizza!

Homemade pizza featuring some whole wheat crust I had made and froze a couple of weeks ago and some, fresh veggies, and, per Derek’s request, a spicy sausage we purchased at Whole Foods earlier today.

Can you tell who’s half is who’s?

We topped the whole pizza with olives, sausage, zucchini, yellow squash, tomato, and mushrooms. I then opted for a sprinkle of a mexican blend cheese and goat cheese on my half while Derek loaded up on his. πŸ™‚

I had two slices from my half

And then went back for a third.

Right before dinner I quickly whipped up a batch of Chickpea Blondies.

I was really nervous when the blondies took 20 minutes longer to bake than the recipe had stated, but the first nibbles right out of the over were pretty good.

I packed two up for Derek and I to snack on at the game.

Once the blondies had time to sit I realized they weren’t as great as I had originally assumed. They were dry and almost chalk, yet the flavor was still right.

Derek and I believed they were ok, but based off of the odd texture probably wouldn’t bake them again.

At the game I also enjoyed a couple of sips of Derek’s Blue Moon.

I took the night of blogging in favor of watching trashy tv and crawling into bed on the early side. It felt nice to just relax. πŸ™‚

This morning I headed out on my scheduled 14 mile run bright and early. It was a very windy and chilly run. What happened to all our beautiful sunshine from last week?

Before my run I tried one of the new Luna Protein Bars.

Honestly, I wasn’t that big of a fan. It was chalky and tasted like protein powder.

I heard the cookie dough flavor was better. Thoughts?

The bar wasn’t very filling, so I grabbed a chickpea blondie on my way out the door.

During my run I couldn’t get my mind off of Pumpkin Waffles!

I googled a few recipes and decided this one was easy and contained ingredients I already had on hand. The batter came out a bit dry, so I added some milk to moisten it up.

I topped the waffle with 1/2 a pear and 1/2 an apple that I had heated up with pumpkin butter and peanut butter.

LOVED IT!

Not much planned for the day besides being lazy and running a couple errands.

Happy Sunday everyone!

1 megzzwinsatlife January 31, 2010 at 12:33 pm

looks like a fun night!!! sorry the blondie’s didn’t work!!! Have a nice SUNDAY!

2 Lauren @ Eat, Drink, and Be Hopeful January 31, 2010 at 12:34 pm

I had home made pizza last night too. Topped with crazy amounts of veggies. HOLY DROOOOL! Those waffles look absolutely incredible. I hope they were as delicious tasting as they looked! I’ve never tried Luna protein bars either-must give that a try!

3 Nicole January 31, 2010 at 12:43 pm

I love your blog! So glad I found it! Adding it to my blogroll, for sure! The pizza looks wonderful! Enjoy your Sunday, as well! : )

4 Lily @ Lily's Health Pad January 31, 2010 at 1:09 pm

Your waffles look amazing. I’d bet they made a nice breakfast after a Sunday long run.

5 Madeline -Greens and Jeans January 31, 2010 at 1:18 pm

I took my boy to a suns game the other night! So fun! I think the cookie dough flavor of those bars is pretty meh. I would pass!

6 foodfitnessandfreya January 31, 2010 at 1:20 pm

woah that breakfast looks amazing! All that PB goodness…it sits so well after a long run! I had loads of PB in my oats this morning; totally hit the spot after a very cold 11miles!!
I saw those chickpea blondies on RunEatRepeat andI kinda wanted to make them..but after what you said, I might skip it! I love chickpeas and I don’t want to waste a can on something skanky πŸ˜›

7 theprocessofhealing January 31, 2010 at 1:21 pm

Sounds like a nice sunday!!! And those waffles look sooo good! Could you post the recipe you used?

8 Meghann January 31, 2010 at 4:56 pm

Sorry, i thought I linked it. http://www.cooperhealth.org/content/ehealth_2007_09_07.htm
There it is

9 Laura Georgina January 31, 2010 at 1:35 pm

Love the contrasting his and hers pizzas–I have the same his and hers pizza situation with the Mr. (who can’t have enough cheese!) Have a lovely relaxing Sunday πŸ™‚

10 Macrae January 31, 2010 at 1:53 pm

How were the 14 miles? Great looking waffles!

11 Evan Thomas January 31, 2010 at 2:26 pm

The cookie dough is soooo much better. I didn’t even finish the other other two out of disappointment

12 jaimegirl January 31, 2010 at 2:27 pm

I literally just finished eating the new Luna Protien Cookie Dough bar! It is def better than the peanut butter flavor and the almond cherry flavor. At first i wasn’t 100% sure i liked it, but i think it’s because i am used to the Balance bar cookie dough bar that i usually have for breakfast. But then i had the Luna bar a few more times this week for breakfast, and it’s really grown on me. I think i will now start to switch it out with my trusty Balance bars from time to time now. Also, even after your lukewarm review, i think i may have to make those Garbanzo Beanie Blondies. They just sound way too interesting not to. Maybe i’ll try them with tahini?……Have a good Sunday!

13 Karla January 31, 2010 at 2:36 pm

That’s too bad your blondies turned out too dry! They look tasty!
Have a great day!

14 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) January 31, 2010 at 2:45 pm

I liked the cookie dough flavor! Still kinda protein-y but the texture is like cookie dough πŸ™‚ I was gonna try black bean brownies but now I wanna try chick pea blondies!!! So excited

15 Erin January 31, 2010 at 2:45 pm

I’ve never seen those Luna protein bars but love the regular ones… hmmm.

16 Island Girl Eats January 31, 2010 at 2:47 pm

I am surprised about the Luna Bar. Usually any bar which contain peanut butter is pretty good.

17 Simply Life January 31, 2010 at 2:54 pm

Oh those waffles look amazing!

18 Jamie January 31, 2010 at 3:22 pm

sounds like a great night! what do you put your pizza on? looks like you don’t use a stone (which my parents use) so I was looking for a cheaper alternative

19 Meghann January 31, 2010 at 4:57 pm

I just use a pizza baking sheet. Nothing fancy.

20 eaternotarunner January 31, 2010 at 3:44 pm

I am drooling over that pumpkin waffle pic!

21 Anna January 31, 2010 at 3:45 pm

Mmmmmm…those waffles look SO good! Still on the lookout for luna protein bars here in PA.

22 Lisa (bakebikeblog) January 31, 2010 at 4:54 pm

What a fun looking evening πŸ™‚ And LOVING the pizza!

23 eatinggreenstayinglean January 31, 2010 at 4:59 pm

Wow. Those waffles look amaziinggg!

24 Beth (Mackattack) January 31, 2010 at 5:01 pm

oh that pizza looks delicious! Now I want goat cheese:)

25 Celine January 31, 2010 at 6:07 pm

too bad the blondies didn’t please. as you can see from the comments, it’s either love or hate with these babies.

26 Rachel January 31, 2010 at 6:11 pm

Those waffles look delicious! I need to pull out my waffle maker sometime soon. Maybe we’ll have breakfast for dinner sometime this week πŸ˜‰

27 dorothy January 31, 2010 at 6:40 pm

moes AND froyo in a single day?! sounds like a good deal to me πŸ˜‰

sorry about the disappointing blondies and luna bar (which i really wanted to try! maybe if i do i’ll get a diff flavor). waffles really can fix anything though, can’t they? lol

enjoy the rest of your weekenddd!

28 pinkflipflops January 31, 2010 at 6:55 pm

We made homemade pizza last night too. Tomato on pizza is one of my new favorite toppings. I just love how they taste. I just cannot do Chickpea Blondies. I love the real kind too much and think I’d probably be very very dissapointed ha.

29 Melissa S. January 31, 2010 at 7:15 pm

ah, sad you didn’t like that luna flavor. i def liked that one the most!

what a great time at the game!

30 adrienmelaine January 31, 2010 at 7:18 pm

I used to have Shaq’s poster from the Magic up in my bedroom- I loved them, so fun you got to check them out!

And Menchies looks like heaven- second time I’ve seen them featured in the blogger world!

31 simplyshaka January 31, 2010 at 8:18 pm

I wish we had fro yo places like that here, sad πŸ™

I also love at Moe’s how they yell “Welcome to Moes” when you walk in. I suggested this to the baristas at Starbucks in my bldg at work and they weren’t so keen on the idea lol

32 Teresa January 31, 2010 at 10:10 pm

I love vegetables, do they get soft when cooked on top of pizza or hard they still pretty hard?

33 Emily January 31, 2010 at 10:43 pm

Waffles! I love the idea of heating up the fruit with PB. I see waffles in my near future for sure.

34 Hangry Pants January 31, 2010 at 10:56 pm

I want to try these – did you use all the ingredients in the recipe or do any subbing?

35 Meghann January 31, 2010 at 11:01 pm

I followed the recipe exactly. The only thing was I didn’t have brown rice powder so I used the extra flax like the recipe instructed.

36 Jenna January 31, 2010 at 11:40 pm

Yummy pumpkin waffles!
I hears the Luba protein bars were good! I really wanna try the cookie dough πŸ™‚
Jenna

37 Rose February 1, 2010 at 12:56 am

You and Derek always go on the most fun dates. I’m inspired to woo Bill and take him to an athletic event πŸ™‚

38 Foregoing Perfection February 1, 2010 at 3:36 pm

Those waffles look so good! I usually don’t like waffles/pancakes because I feel like I’m filling up on fluff and sugar, but the fruit + pb/pumpkin butter topping looks delicious and healthy. Maybe I’ll give it a try sometime. πŸ™‚