Universal and FroYo

by Meghann on January 30, 2010

I’ve mentioned this before, but out of all the burrito chains out there Moes is by far my favorite! The menu has so many mix and match options and everyone who works there always has a wonderful smile on their face.

I especially enjoy the “Welcome to Moes” when you walk in the door. πŸ™‚

Derek and I stopped at Moes on our way to Universal for a quick and easy lunch.

I ordered the Naked (sans tortilla) Art Vandalay which came with black beans, rice, chredded cheese, pico de gallo, lettuce, guacamole, onion, jalapenos, cucumbers, and olives.

I ate the whole bowl and about a quarter of the chips that were served on the side.

Moe’s Tomatillo Salsa is by far my favorite chip dip.

We headed to Universal and Islands of Adventure next and enjoyed the small crowds and short lines for a couple of hours.

I LOVE going to the theme parks during the ‘off’ season!

Unfortunately it started to rain after a couple of hours playing in the parks. πŸ™

Instead of going straight home we decided to seek shelter in a new frozen yogurt shop I have been dying to try nearby.

I was in self serve heaven

Seriously this place put Berrywise to shame.

IMG_6454.JPG IMG_6455.JPG

IMG_6456.JPG IMG_6458.JPG

My favorite was the red velvet flavor. It was like cake batter with a twist.

Mine and Derek’s creations.

I had a great mix of red velvet, cake batter, cookies & cream, and peanut butter with an assortment of fun toppings.

Menchie’s – I promise I’ll be back. πŸ™‚

IMG_6468.JPG  IMG_6467.JPG

Last week Derek and I went to a Tampa Bay Lightening game, this week its time for the Orlando Magic! I got him both sets of tickets for christmas and they just happened to fall on back to back weekends.

I haven’t been to a Magic game since I was kid, it should be a fun trip down memory lane!

Have a great evening bloggies! πŸ™‚

1 Evan Thomas January 30, 2010 at 7:16 pm

That froyo place looks amazing! Major jealousy

2 Gina January 30, 2010 at 7:19 pm

Todd and I went to Menchie’s after the meetup at the Peach Valley Cafe. We don’t have any froyo places near our house so it was a great treat!

3 Darci January 30, 2010 at 7:20 pm

what a fun day! i haven’t been to universal since i was 9!!! and the fro-yo shop looks AMAZING!!! we need to get something like that here in the midwest!!! πŸ™‚

4 Brittany January 30, 2010 at 7:22 pm

Aww.. I love the rides at Islands of Adventure- so fun!

I’m so jealous of the shorts and tee shirts I see everyone wearing at the park. Isaac and I went to get Fro yo last night but once we got outside I realized it was way too cold. We got Starbucks instead. It was good, but nothing like fro yo :/ I want more of that pumpkin flavor we had in San Fran!!!

5 Megan @ Megzz Wins At Life January 30, 2010 at 7:25 pm

Looks like a fun Saturday!!!

Have fun at the game!

6 Emily January 30, 2010 at 7:26 pm

I was SO sad when our Moe’s shut down. It was sooo good!

I love love love your hair! I’ve been debating off and on about getting mine cut that short and I think I just may now!

7 culturalcravings January 30, 2010 at 7:27 pm

2 things:
1. Your hair is ADORABLE. I love the new color and cut on you.
2. Um, self serve fro yo looks AMAZING. I wonder if we have any anywhere up here in new york.

8 theprocessofhealing January 30, 2010 at 8:27 pm

Oh. My. Gosh. Red Velvet.. frozen yogurt. NO way. That is like my ideal treat.. care to send some my way?! You’re so lucky! I’d hitting up Menchies every day! In retrospect.. it’s prob better there’s not one around me haha

And I love Moe’s too! They have the best salads!!!

9 Alison January 30, 2010 at 8:35 pm

I’m in awe of that yogurt place. I hope they open something like that in my area sometime soon.
Glad you had a fun day.

10 thefitbridesmaid January 30, 2010 at 8:45 pm

Majorly jealous of your fro-yo place. I need to find one in the Boston area.

11 Michaela January 30, 2010 at 9:03 pm

Your hair looks awesome Meghann! I, too, am jealous of your warm weather as I sit here in a sweater and bundled in a blanket.

12 Brandi January 30, 2010 at 9:38 pm

what a fun day! I wish we had a froyo place like that – the self serve places seem to have so many more options!

13 a January 30, 2010 at 9:38 pm

wow.
i am always in awe of these frozen yogurt places, especially the self serve ones you guys have in the US. We have yogen fruz and that’s about it.

14 Jamie January 30, 2010 at 9:39 pm

OH WOW that yogurt place looks unreal!!! glad you had such a great day at universal and i wish i had a moe’s near me!

15 jenna January 30, 2010 at 9:47 pm

ok so i am officially jealous of ALL of these fro yo places you have in florida!
it is so not fair there arent ANY in new england!
yours looks great! menchies looks soo cool as well πŸ™‚
jenna

16 Mara @ What's For Dinner? January 30, 2010 at 9:49 pm

I want one of those fro-yo places here!!!

17 Emily January 30, 2010 at 9:55 pm

I’m coming down to Orlando in a month for the Disney Princess Half and I think my froyo excitement now equals my race anticipation!!

18 Carolina January 30, 2010 at 9:57 pm

The Froyo place looks really cool! I looked them up and we have one here in GA. Going to try it out next weekend!

Your hair looks great!!

19 MEG C. January 30, 2010 at 10:08 pm

you’re making me jealous with all the self serve froyo places you go to! there are barely any in boston! i have to go to new york for my fix haha

20 Anna January 30, 2010 at 10:20 pm

I love Moe’s!!! When I was in college, we had one that was about a 5 minute walk from my house…GREAT hangover food πŸ™‚

21 Erin January 30, 2010 at 10:21 pm

What a delicious day!

I’ve heard good things about Moes but am totally loyal to Chipotle. πŸ˜‰

22 Heather January 30, 2010 at 10:28 pm

I am so jealous of your day!

Moes is one of my favorite places – a few years ago, I lived down the street from one and would get it as a treat – probably once a week. Sadly/Fortunately, the closest one is now about 35 minutes away.

Jealous of your FRO-YO! I wouldn’t have known where to start – way too many choices. I cannot imagine Cake Batter.

Enjoy the basketball game!

23 Rachel January 30, 2010 at 10:32 pm

Holy cow… froyo WONDERLAND! Seriously, that is like the dessert place of my dreams!

24 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) January 30, 2010 at 10:33 pm

I’ve been to SO many tart froyo places….even one that swirls it up for you like a McFlurry. BUT I have never been to a make your own one. GAHHHH so jealous!

25 Matt January 30, 2010 at 10:58 pm

That looks like fro yo heaven!

26 Karla January 31, 2010 at 12:01 am

I’m so jealous of all your frozen yogurt consumption! I’m in desperate need! Can you believe there isn’t a frozen yogurt place around here except Tasty D-Lite, which isn’t frozen yogurt!!

27 Amanda P January 31, 2010 at 12:48 am

Oh, my, goodness. Really, I didn’t think anyone could top my froyo addiction – until I started reading your blog. I am incredibly jealous of the looks of this new find, and all the amazing flavors! I have given up dairy, but if places like this were close to my home I’d be having a lot of problems!

28 Danielle January 31, 2010 at 1:18 am

I went to Menchie’s in the Los Angeles burbs last spring. I nearly cried when I entered the place!

29 Kate January 31, 2010 at 1:27 am

Still adoring the new dark hair!!!

30 foodfitnessandfreya January 31, 2010 at 4:39 am

oohh my gosh that place looks AMAZING! What does ‘cake batter’ flavour even taste like!? Or red velvet? You americans have the BEST flavours in the world!!

31 Tay January 31, 2010 at 7:15 am

K so my fave flavor ever is cake batter, but if you say red velvet it just as good with a twist….I’m jealous!!! Sounds delicious!

32 MyThy as in "Mighty" January 31, 2010 at 8:58 am

Usually not a fan of chains (support the local businesses!) but I have to admit YogurtLand and Menchie’s does froYo right in my book. The others usually have runny yogurt you have to “let out” first before you get to the thick REAL stuff. Your’s looks delicioso! πŸ˜‰

33 Heather January 31, 2010 at 9:33 am

Moe’s is 100% my favorite too. I like the nachos best πŸ™‚ I can’t believe how many fro yo places you have!!

34 Tiffany January 31, 2010 at 9:44 am

wow, your froyo looks so good! i want to try red velvet! i have yet to eat at Moe’s, even though it’s like 20 minutes from my house, but you’re making me want to go there now!

35 Kristi W. @ Life at the Chateau Whitman January 31, 2010 at 10:55 am

Cute pics! I’ve never been to Universal, but it sure looks fun. Also that burrito looks delicious. I love salsa and chips too. Probably one of my favorite kinds of food.

36 Heather (Heather's Dish) January 31, 2010 at 11:13 am

you guys are adorable πŸ™‚ the froyo looks amazing, i so wish i could find a place close by that had something like this! MMMMMMM πŸ™‚

37 inmytummy January 31, 2010 at 11:21 am

I like Moe’s too. I always get the Joey Bag of Donuts with tofu.

38 Jayce January 31, 2010 at 12:04 pm

Fro-yo Heaven!!!

39 eaternotarunner January 31, 2010 at 1:15 pm

I wish we had a froyo place like that!

40 rachelkrejci January 31, 2010 at 2:42 pm

I am so envious of the frozen yogurt place. That sounds amazing and so much fun. I would be a kid in a candy store putting together my own creation!

41 allieinalberta January 31, 2010 at 11:57 pm

Wow… I’m always so impressed by the fro-yo places you US bloggers have, looks amazing. I am tres jealous

42 Caroline February 1, 2010 at 11:48 am

I can’t get over your hair color, it looks so good!