Rainy Monday

by Meghann on January 25, 2010

So long to all the beautiful sunshine we enjoyed over the weekend. This morning I awoke to thunder, rain, and tornado warnings. Perfect Monday weather wouldn’t you say? 😉

I had planned on yoga this morning, so the rain didn’t bother my morning work out plans on bit. I did an hour of Lean and Defined Yoga on exerciseTV on demand while staying nice and dry inside.

The Lean and Defined Yoga was a very relaxing session. I never broke a sweat and at the end felt perfectly stretched. A great way to start my day!

Breakfast this morning featured left overs from Saturday’s breakfast.

IMG_7497

The pancakes I ordered Saturday morning were more than enough for two meals and I managed to snag the last 1/4 or so of Derek’s omelet.

IMG_7500

I toasted the pancakes under the broiler for a couple of minutes until they were nice and hot on both sides. While the pancakes were toasting I heated up some fresh cut strawberries with a little Crofter’s Europe Superfruit Spread. The spread was used in lieu of syrup on the pancakes.

IMG_7510

The pancakes were just as great today as they were on Saturday. I think the toasting helped. 🙂

IMG_7508

I have an early meeting I need to prepare for.

Have a great Monday everyone!

1 Deva (Voracious Vorilee) January 25, 2010 at 9:25 am

Toasting always makes for good leftover pancakes!

2 kristen January 25, 2010 at 9:27 am

I think it is raining everywhere today….
(and now I want pancakes)

3 Laura Georgina January 25, 2010 at 9:28 am

Fresh strawberries = food lust….. That breakfast looks like such a good start, I’m sure your morning will fly by!

4 megan January 25, 2010 at 9:31 am

for some reason I never like leftover pancakes, even if i toast them. my husband loves them though, so I give him all my leftovers 🙂

5 Anna January 25, 2010 at 9:43 am

Mmmmm…I never think about taking leftovers home from breakfasts out, but that looks delicious!

Good luck in your meeting!

6 Derek January 25, 2010 at 9:46 am

ahhh! my poor omelet….it was meant for my stomach! 🙂

7 Jamie January 25, 2010 at 9:47 am

I actually think sometimes leftover pancakes are even better than the first time around! Plus eating them just makes it feel like the weekend all over again 😉

8 Karla January 25, 2010 at 9:57 am

Toasting them sounds like a great idea! I usually microwave left over pancakes but next time I’ll try toasting them!

9 foodfitnessandfreya January 25, 2010 at 9:59 am

Oh those pancakes look so mouth-wateringly good…I think I’m going to go make lunch!
And gosh I’m amazed at how you function with tornado warnings – in England if there was a tornado warning, the country would stop turning and have a mass panic (quite literally – we can’t even cope with a bit of snow…)!

10 K January 25, 2010 at 9:59 am

Do you not like syrup or do you think it is healthier to eat pancakes without it?

11 Meghann January 25, 2010 at 10:03 am

I am not a fan of real maple syrup. I actually find that it ruins the taste of pancakes. Yuck! And Unfortuantely I do have quite an obsession with sugar free syrup. Its a habit I’m trying to break because I know the fake sugar is bad for me. Lately I’ve found a healthy compromise between the two by topping my pancakes or waffles with heated up jam or yogurt. Its sooo good!

12 Island Girl Eats January 25, 2010 at 10:01 am

Tornado warnings? Yikes! I remember we experienced a tornado when we were up in Florida in 2003. Very scary. We had a 5.9 earth quake last week!

Your breakfast looked so good – what a good use of leftovers.

13 Doug January 25, 2010 at 10:04 am

that looks tooo good! I went into the radio station at 330 this morning because my weather alarm was going off…. turns out… a tornado passed the station by 5 miles about 10 minutes after I got there.. gotta love that feeling!

14 theprocessofhealing January 25, 2010 at 10:04 am

Yummy looking breakfast! Toasting was a good idea and I will have to try the strawberries and jam mixture.

Sorry about the weather! We had that last night… tornado watches, downpours, high winds.. boy, don’t you love that lol

15 Jenna January 25, 2010 at 10:09 am

Yummy pancakes!

16 Heather January 25, 2010 at 10:12 am

Oh those pancakes look great!

17 Jasmine @ Eat Move Write January 25, 2010 at 10:14 am

Your leftovers look delish. Have a great meeting!

18 Erin January 25, 2010 at 10:18 am

What a great breakfast — aren’t leftovers the best? 😉

There’s something lovely about waking up on rainy mornings. Even though it’s no fun to go outside, the earth smells so fresh after a rainfall.

19 Running on Faith January 25, 2010 at 10:19 am

I made oatmeal pancakes for the first time in forever yesterday. So good.

20 Emily January 25, 2010 at 10:21 am

Yummy looking leftovers! I practically take home table scraps from restaurants but breakfast never seems to come home with me.

21 Jamie January 25, 2010 at 10:34 am

I looove special breakfasts on a weekday morning! Enjoy your day and hope its off to a good start!

22 Heather January 25, 2010 at 11:04 am

Love the idea of adding fruit to jelly to make a syrup!

So great you were able to make your breakfast stretch into two meals. Enjoy your day!

23 Danielle January 25, 2010 at 11:06 am

I’ve never thought up putting left-over pancakes under the broiler! I wonder if they’d work in the toaster?
Enjoy your day 🙂

24 Heather (Heather's Dish) January 25, 2010 at 11:36 am

sounds like a great yoga session – a good stretch is a great way to start a Monday morning!

hope your meeting goes well 🙂

25 Sweet and Fit January 25, 2010 at 11:41 am

hope you had a good meeting!

I love leftover pancakes for some odd reason – its almost as if they taste better the next day =

26 eaternotarunner January 25, 2010 at 12:20 pm

Ugh I know the weather is awful here too!

27 Matt January 25, 2010 at 12:21 pm

Pancakes are always a great start to the week 😉

28 Mara @ What's For Dinner? January 25, 2010 at 12:39 pm

I always wish I thought ahead enough to make batches of pancakes to eat for breakfast throughout the week. I love them SO much, but never remember to make them. Oh well.

You (and your readers) should check out my latest post! I’m having a giveaway for a $50 shopping spree on iHerb!

29 Mama Pea January 25, 2010 at 12:45 pm

I always stick leftover pancakes right in the toaster. I’ll also make extra for the fam on the weekend, freeze them, and then just stick them in the toaster. Whatever EGGOs!!!

30 adrienmelaine January 25, 2010 at 1:05 pm

my mouth is watering as I look at your breakfast! lucky girl!

rain on a monday morning is all good if you have pancakes to go with!

31 Emily January 25, 2010 at 2:19 pm

That’s the weather I woke up to last Tuesday! Except I live in southern California, and we aren’t supposed to have weather like that…

It did make for an interesting run though!

32 Jamie (Food in Real Life) January 25, 2010 at 2:21 pm

Great idea to have planned an indoor workout. This rain is so demotivating! It took every fiber in my body to get my butt out the door and to the gym.

33 tramey1 January 25, 2010 at 2:46 pm

Those pancakes look DELICIOUS. I swear I could eat some form of pancake/waffle/french toast everyday! Actually made some french toast this morning! (check out the bloggy)

Have a wonderful day!!!
-Tyler

34 Claire January 25, 2010 at 9:09 pm

You have some amaze food in your town! I especially love your own ‘mish mosh’ dinner…do the same type of thing often myself!

35 emma January 25, 2010 at 9:23 pm

That food looks absolutely delicious!
…and I LOVE that ExerciseTV has yoga workouts. Pilates and yoga are my favorite workouts and they have really good downloads on their website – exercisetv.tv Check it out!

36 Rachel January 25, 2010 at 10:40 pm

Mmmm, pancakes 😀 I’ve never put strawberries on top of pancakes — generally it’s granola that I go for — but they look great. I ate an entire carton of strawberries over the course of 3 days this week. DELICIOUS!