more ยป" />

Feeling Great

by Meghann on January 24, 2010

Two weeks post-marathon and I am happy to say after two weeks of recovery I feel great. (knock on wood) My feet are great, my legs are great, and my attitude toward running is great.

So great in fact that this morning I decided to take off on my first post-marathon double digit run. I have a crazy plan in the works and I needed to get a double digit run in to test my legs and make sure they will be able to handle the crazy challenge I have planned for them.

My legs took the challenge and felt great during and after my average paced 10 miles. Good news for me! Now I am just waiting for my partner in crime to give the go ahead to announce what my crazy plan is. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Before the my run I fueled up with a Odwalla Chocolate Chip Peanut Bar.

I completed my 10 miles on the Upper Tampa Bar Trail. I love this trail. Its relatively flat, decently crowded so you never feel alone and they have water stops every few miles. Love it!

I stopped at Publix on the way back to Derek and picked up some fruit, muffins and yogurt for breakfast.

As I was checking out the cashier commented on how healthy my breakfast looked. I actually had the same comment when I purchased my lunch yesterday at a different Publix. Seems to be a reoccurring themes for my meals. I should have told them about my blog! ๐Ÿ˜‰

The fruit was a simple prepared salad of melon, grapes, strawberries and pineapple.

The Whole Grain Cranberry Walnut Muffin is my favorite muffin the Publix has to offer. Its a hearty muffin that is always chewy and delicious.

FYI: Chobani is 10 for !10 at Publix this week! Stock up for cheap while you can!

Breakfast may seem a little light after a 10 mile run, but that is only because Derek and I have plans for an early lunch at a cute restaurant a reader suggested to us. I actually can’t wait to try it.

Have a great Sunday everyone!

1 foodfitnessandfreya January 24, 2010 at 11:33 am

Congrats on your run! I did 10miles yesterday too, it’s the best feeling afterwards ๐Ÿ™‚
I need to eat more muffins..that muffin looks and sounds so tasty ๐Ÿ™‚
Have a great day! Can’t wait to hear about your plans…!

2 Brittany January 24, 2010 at 11:33 am

I think I might know what the crazy plan is (although I may be completely off)!! Hopefully all goes well and you and your partner in crime get to do it!

Your breakfast does look healthy and delicious. Too bad we don’t have Publix in this neck of the woods. I’d be there buying lots of Chobani.

3 Lara January 24, 2010 at 11:34 am

Your run sounds fabulous, can’t wait to hear about your “crazy plan” you’re hatching!

4 theprocessofhealing January 24, 2010 at 11:49 am

Odwalla bars are the best!!

And your breakfast sounds great. Publix is definitely one of the best grocery stores for sure (other than Whole Foods ๐Ÿ˜‰ )

5 Nicci January 24, 2010 at 11:52 am

I love fresh fruit and yogurt in the morning. Glad to hear you are feeling great today. Can’t wait t hear what you’ll have planned!

6 Deva (Voracious Vorilee) January 24, 2010 at 12:07 pm

Congratulations on your long run today! Your breakfast does look delicious AND healthy. I love greek yogurt, right now it’s Oikos that’s 10/10 at my local grocery!

7 greensandjeans January 24, 2010 at 12:10 pm

So glad you legs are feeling back to “normal!” I’ve had a couple of people following me around the grocery store asking questions about my foods before!

8 Leena January 24, 2010 at 12:10 pm

That muffin looks sooo good! Nothing like a fresh, delicious breakfast on a sunday morning!

9 Karla January 24, 2010 at 12:14 pm

Great to hear you’re doing well after the marathon!
Muffin, yogurt and fruit sounds like a fantastic breakfast!

10 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) January 24, 2010 at 12:14 pm

I’ve wanted to try those muffins countless times but never bit the bullet! Glad to hear they’re yummy…although ill have to wait until I’m around a publix again.

11 Evan Thomas January 24, 2010 at 12:21 pm

Great run!
I love getting comments on “healthy” choices. It feels good that they’re such a part of my diet I don’t even think of them as healthy anymore

12 Jenna January 24, 2010 at 12:30 pm

Glad you are feeling great! That whole grain cranberry muffin sounds delish!
Have a great lunch!!
Jenna

13 Matt January 24, 2010 at 12:33 pm

Lol I get those “healthy” comments all the time.

14 adrienmelaine January 24, 2010 at 12:49 pm

oooh I can’t wait for two weeks after mine and for my legs to go back to feeling normal (ah- those were the days!), your eats look amazing as well!

Check out my giveaway I’m drawing today http://confessionsofahealthnut.com

Anyone who comments is in the draw!

15 M January 24, 2010 at 12:49 pm

You’re doing an uuuuuuuuuuultra, aren’t you?

16 melissa January 24, 2010 at 12:54 pm

super yummy meals. quack quack quack quack….go ducks!

17 eaternotarunner January 24, 2010 at 12:58 pm

Congrats on the run! And that muffin looks awesome ๐Ÿ™‚

18 Jasmine @ Eat Move Write January 24, 2010 at 1:10 pm

That muffins sounds great.

I wish we had Publix here in Southern California.

Enjoy your early lunch!

19 tiffnie January 24, 2010 at 1:30 pm

Wow, 10 miles on just an Odwalla bar!!! I wish I had your strength…I think I’d need at least 500 calories to go for that long! I don’t know what Publix is but I’m glad you were able to get such a good deal on breakfast. I’ve yet to try Chobani…I’m a Fage girl myself (too bad it’s so expensive). Have fun with Derek!

20 CATIEDIDIT January 24, 2010 at 1:36 pm

that’s so not fair! chobani is like $4 for one here!

21 adantatslife January 24, 2010 at 1:49 pm

That looks like a wonderful breakfast! I don’t live near a Publix, but ShopRite in my area (NJ) has Chobani for 77 cents this week. SCORE! Also an FYI for anyone in my area. ๐Ÿ™‚

22 Marissa January 24, 2010 at 1:53 pm

Glad to hear the run went well!

23 caronae January 24, 2010 at 1:57 pm

I had a tasty, fresh muffin with my brekkie this morning too! So good! Can’t wait to hear about what your surprise.adventure.challenge thing is! I hate the suspense!

24 Anna January 24, 2010 at 3:06 pm

Yum! That muffin looks great! Glad you’re still feeling 100%!

25 Running on Faith January 24, 2010 at 3:45 pm

Congrats!! My legs felt really really good after my race and as a result, I didn’t do as intense stretching after my runs as I should have. Now my IT is acting up! So remember to stretch well ๐Ÿ™‚

26 Heather January 24, 2010 at 3:49 pm

Can’t wait to hear about your crazy plans! Congrats on a great run.

Your breakfast does look amazing – I love a great fruit salad, muffin and yogurt. What a great sale on chobani too!

27 Heather January 24, 2010 at 4:28 pm

Glad to hear you’re recovery well!!

28 thewhatkateateblog January 24, 2010 at 4:36 pm

love your breakfast! so colorful & fresh.

29 rebecca lustig January 24, 2010 at 4:43 pm

Glad you’re recovered! And I havce thing for muffins, yum

Enjoy the rest of the day!
bec xo

30 Lisa (bakebikeblog) January 24, 2010 at 4:54 pm

Awesome work on the run ๐Ÿ™‚ Glad to hear that you have recovered well after the big race!

31 Jenn Eats Nutritiously Now January 24, 2010 at 5:17 pm

Glad you’re feeling so good! Breakfast looks scrumptious.

32 jenngirl January 24, 2010 at 5:39 pm

Congrats on feeling great this Sunday! I think it’s just further evidence that you successfully implementing your training plan–can’t wait to hear about another plan in the works ๐Ÿ˜‰

I love it when my Oikos yogurts are 10 for 10 at Kroger. Seriously makes my day.

33 Sarah January 24, 2010 at 5:45 pm

I live in Austin, TX. Chobani is $.99 at Sprouts this week.

Also if you go to ebay and do a search for “chobani coupons” you should be able to buy a stack of dollar off 1 chobani coupons. Or you can go to the Chobani website and print off buy 2 get 1 free coupons.

34 biz319 January 24, 2010 at 7:05 pm

Glad your feeling back to normal after the marathon – jealous of your gorgeous fruit!

My MIL is sending me some grapefruit from her Naples, Florida backyard – can’t wait!

35 Hillary January 24, 2010 at 8:04 pm

Beautiful, balanced brex =)

– The Nutrition Nut

36 meyergirl January 24, 2010 at 8:37 pm

Can’t wait to hear about your crazy challenge!

37 Stephanie January 24, 2010 at 9:57 pm

Chobani is on the advantage buy special of 10 for $10 until February 4th or 5th actually. Here’s a coupon for Buy 2 Get 1 Free to make it even more affordable!! ๐Ÿ™‚

38 Megan January 25, 2010 at 1:06 pm

CONGRATS on your first post-marathon double digits. I’ve been strrrruggling since the marathon and only managed 4!! ๐Ÿ˜€