Tomorrow is Friday

by Meghann on January 21, 2010

As I was driving home from work this afternoon only one thought was going through my head – ‘Tomorrow is Friday!’ I’ve worked late every night this week and the weekend just can’t come fast enough!

This afternoon was a super busy one for me. I had a meeting that ran long and by the time I got out the only thing on my mind was the yogurt and granola waiting for me in the fridge.

Granola + yogurt = my lifesaver!

I think I polished the yogurt off in about 10 seconds flat. It was good and I needed the fuel. πŸ™‚

There were a ton of left over cooked lentils in my fridge screaming to be made into something healthy and delicious. With a little help from a few fridge staples I was able to do just that.

Sloppy Joes!

Meghann’s Easy Lentil Sloppy Joes

• Cooked Lentils
  • Carrot
  • Onion
  • Tomato
  • Ketchup
  • BBQ Sauce
  • Honey Mustard

In a skillet cook the onion, carrot and tomato until the carrots go soft. Then add the lentils and douse with bbq sauce, honey mustard, and ketchup until the flavor is right.

See, easy peasy!

When in a pinch honey mustard, bbq sauce, and ketchup are always my staple sauce ingredients. πŸ™‚

While the sloppy joes were cooking on one side of the stove I had yuca steaming on the other.

I steam the yuca until it starts falling apart and then coat it with the tiniest bit of butter.

Delicious.

Chocolate for dessert, anyone? Yes, please!

Seriously needed these two pieces!

One big perk to my day was the new calendar I made in iPhoto that arrived this afternoon.

iPhoto produces the best calendars. They’re high quality, have great coloring, and look fabulous. After making one for a few relatives (and Derek) for Christmas, I had to make one for myself.

Its the perfect addition to my new space.

The quicker I get to sleep, the quicker tomorrow will come and the quicker the weekend will be here!

Good Night!

1 Island Girl Eats January 21, 2010 at 9:26 pm

What a great calendar. So nice to be able to look at pictures throughout the year of friends and family.

2 Lara January 21, 2010 at 9:27 pm

That’s a good looking dinner you made! Amazing how quickly some leftovers will go together with the right “staples”. And, your calendar looks beautiful. I didn’t know iPhoto could do that.

Have a good evening, and tomorrow’s FRIDAY!!!

3 lily @ Lily's Health Pad January 21, 2010 at 9:35 pm

I’ve never had yucca! That’s definitely something I must try.

I, too, am so thankful that tomorrow is Friday!

4 theprocessofhealing January 21, 2010 at 9:41 pm

Yay for Friday!! This has been the longest week!!

And I love the calendar. I’ve made one off of Walmart.com and it was great but those pictures look so much better!!

5 Kayla January 21, 2010 at 9:49 pm

Awesome calendar! Are you going to show us the picture each month?
Yogurt is such a lifesaver.

6 catms916 January 21, 2010 at 9:51 pm

Yum to the lentil sloppy joe’s!! What exactly does yucca taste like, and what’s the best way to cook it? I’ve never tried it.

7 Emily January 21, 2010 at 10:08 pm

I absolutely LOVE yucca!! I ordered it at a Latin cafe a few years ago just to try it out and that was the best decision I made (ok, maybe not the BEST ever, but whatev).

That calendar is a great idea! I think I may make those for Christmas this year!! =]

8 megzzwinsatlife January 21, 2010 at 10:24 pm

I really need to try Yuka!!! The calendar is soo purdy!

9 Julie @ Pickley Pear January 21, 2010 at 10:28 pm

Don’t you just love the flavored Oikos??!! I found Caramel (4-pack) and Chocolate (4-pack) at Whole Foods the other day…they are almost gone!

10 greensandjeans January 21, 2010 at 10:31 pm

Such a great idea on the calendar! Perfect gift idea

11 Christy January 21, 2010 at 10:44 pm

Cool calendar! What a good gift idea πŸ™‚ And I know this sounds crazy, but I never knew those silver half-bowl lookin’ things where for steaming veggies over the stove πŸ˜› Wonder no more!

12 Matt January 21, 2010 at 10:50 pm

What exactly does yucca taste like?

13 Erika January 21, 2010 at 10:56 pm

I have no idea WHAT yucca is, but now am intrigued and will put it on my mission to find it and make it this weekend, lol…i love trying new foods πŸ™‚

Love your calendar BTW…off to research all about how to make those as well – too fun πŸ™‚ Might work well in my new year’s goals for 2010 of taking more piccies – at least now I’ll have a place to put them πŸ™‚ Hugs

14 Erin January 21, 2010 at 11:20 pm

I LOVE lentil sloppy joes, even if no one else in my house will eat them. πŸ˜€

15 Tyler Ramey January 21, 2010 at 11:41 pm

Meghann!!! Long time reader, but first time poster. I just want you to know that YOU are my “first blog” that I started reading several months ago, and the first one I check everyday! It has inspired me to start my own blog, http://healthyandfun.wordpress.com/ You should check it out if you get time! Very basic for now, but I hope to add daily!!! You are such an inspiration to not only bloggers but just in general when it comes to fitness and healthy living! Thanks for sharing everything with us! πŸ˜€

-Tyler

16 Becca January 21, 2010 at 11:48 pm

I always see this oikos yogurt…I’m gonna have to try it! Your calendar looks nice!!

17 Katie January 22, 2010 at 12:18 am

Cute calendar, that’s a great idea.

18 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) January 22, 2010 at 12:20 am

I made an iPhoto calendar for my parents for Christmas. I didn’t even THINK to make one for myself!! I should get on that for 2011 πŸ™‚

19 Chelsea January 22, 2010 at 12:25 am

Your dinner was so inventive! LOVE IT. I’ve never made yucca before-I may try now. Sloppy Joes-that may need to go on next month’s calendar.

20 Karla January 22, 2010 at 12:36 am

I made my boyfriend a calendar on iphoto for our anniversary. I did a year of us so I made it from Oct 2009- Oct 2010 (since our anniversary is in october). It was full of pictures of us and I put in our birthdays and events and such. I love how good the calendars look!

21 thefitbridesmaid January 22, 2010 at 12:36 am

I don’t know if it’s your smiling face on the right, but despite working so much, I can just hear a cheerful voice talking about the yogurt and calendar! Way to be an optimist! So sunny!

22 Katie January 22, 2010 at 1:07 am

These lentil sloppy joes look delicious! I can’t wait to try them this week for lunch πŸ™‚

23 Mandy January 22, 2010 at 1:33 am

iPhoto does make awesome calendars! They look so professional.

24 adrienmelaine January 22, 2010 at 3:24 am

What on earth is yuca?! Call me crazy, but I have never heard of it!

Those sloppy joes looked great too! Might just have to bust them out to impress my boyfriend (lucky guy he is!)

Giveaway on my site, check it out if you like mary’s gone crackers products

25 foodfitnessandfreya January 22, 2010 at 4:47 am

What on earth is yuca!? I have NEVER heard of it – I seriously need to set a date with google and research some of this stuff…
Have a great evening πŸ™‚

26 Holly January 22, 2010 at 7:56 am

Hmmm iPhoto? I may have to try that! Ill Google it and find out more info πŸ™‚ Need to make a calendar out of all my wedding photos

27 Kate January 22, 2010 at 9:12 am

i have got to try some lentil sloppy joes! yum!

28 Shannon January 22, 2010 at 9:26 am

I love those calendars! My father-in-law makes one for everyone int he family every year. Much more fun to look at everyday that unknown kittens and puppies (as cute as they are!).

29 Heather January 22, 2010 at 10:28 am

I love love love photo calendars!! It looks like yours turned out really well!

30 Jenna January 22, 2010 at 10:29 am

Awesome calendar! Yummy dinner- so creative yet again!!

31 Niki @ Niki's Neverending Adventure January 22, 2010 at 12:09 pm

Wow! Love that calander!! What a great idea!! Have a great Friday!

32 allisonisactive January 22, 2010 at 1:57 pm

Ooh, I should do a photo calendar for my classroom! I always have lots of appointments that I need to keep track of, and I like to have pictures of my husband and friends around to help me get through my days. πŸ™‚