Upcoming races

by Meghann on January 13, 2010

I am definitely still swimming in a post-marathon runners high. Races and marathons have been on my mind all morning, but I will get to that more in a minute.

First, I would like to share with you my lovely midmorning snack of TJ’s Peanut Butter Pretzels.

IMG_6019

And my fabulous lunch I thought of while I was staring in the fridge.

IMG_6023

I knew I wanted a tofu sandwich, and I knew I wanted to spice it up a bit. The salsa jar caught my eye in the fridge and I thought it would be great to mix the tofu with some salsa and goat cheese and shove it in a pita with a little spinach.

IMG_6026

The creation was very flavorful and a step up from just a plain, boring tofu sandwich.

On the side I sliced up 1/2 a sweet potato and ‘baked’ the slices in the microwave for a minute per side.

IMG_6025

And here is what has been on my mind all morning!

Upcoming Race Schedule:

You probably don’t want to know the small fortune all of those race fees will cost me, but at least I know most of that money is going to a good cause. 🙂 BUT, you know, if there are any companies out there looking to sponsor a dedicated runner, then I am your girl!!

I’m still looking for anyone interested in running the Sunset 2 Sunrise Relay in March. If you are in the Florida area or plan on being in the Florida area and are interested in running a 12 person relay across the state then e-mail me at graduatemeghann@gmail.com

And did you notice the race I will be running in NYC?!?! Just for giggles I checked the NYRR website today to see if there would just happen to be any road races while I am in NYC next month. I was thrilled to find one that worked with my schedule perfectly and immediately registered!!

I tweeted about the race and found a few NYC locals who were interested as well. If you plan on running the Gridiron Classic 4 miler in Central Park and want to meet up before or after, please send me an e-mail at graduatemeghann@gmail.com

Do you see the 50k I casually mentioned above? This is still on the table. I would sign up for it tomorrow if it weren’t for the relay I want to do the week before. Decisions, Decisions!

One last thing.. what about my next marathon?!?! Well honestly I would run one tomorrow if I could, but instead I am going to try and train for the 50k and wait until the Fall to give another marathon a shot.

I entered the NYC marathon lottery yesterday for fun, but if that falls through (which I would probably bet on) then its between Marine Corps and Philadelphia! Both are around the time I want to run one and both offer beautiful courses and people near by I would love to visit. The registration for either opens in April and I guess I have until then to make my final decision.

As always, you know me and who knows what crazy races I will decide to run in the mean time! 🙂

1 RhodeyGirlTests January 13, 2010 at 3:26 pm

I love your 2010 racing schedule so far!

2 Andee (LAEasyMeals) January 13, 2010 at 3:29 pm

Great races lined up! I also signed up for NYC lottery yesterday, although I am hoping to shave off 6 minutes from my PR and get a 3:30 time so I can get in. Running a 50K is also on my list, but maybe for next year. Too many good marathons to run this year! Good luck with all your training!

3 Anna January 13, 2010 at 3:29 pm

Marine Corp is amazing I did it last year and made me fall in love with running and the Marathon and so fun this year it is on Halloween! (not that you need to wear a costume…good in theory bad in chaffing) All the races you have choosen seem great and I can’t wait to read all abotu them!

4 Casey January 13, 2010 at 3:32 pm

Lunch looks fab!! And YAY for running more races!

5 julia January 13, 2010 at 3:35 pm

I’m thinking of Marine Corps too! They had guaranteed entries at the Disney Expo…did you get one?

6 Melissa January 13, 2010 at 3:36 pm

Do Philly! It’s such a great course (VERY flat)! I did the half last year and was a pleasure. Congrats on your race schedule. The money is worth it 🙂

7 Kara (@ Kara's Marathon) January 13, 2010 at 3:39 pm

Exciting!! I’m running the Gridiron Classic too! I’ll send you an e-mail tonight 🙂

I’m also running the NYC Marathon this year, but I did the guaranteed entry program (run 9 qualifying races and volunteer) as a NYRR member. Good luck with the lottery!

8 Evan Thomas January 13, 2010 at 3:42 pm

If you completed the 50k, that’d be incredible!

9 Britt @ Runnerbelle January 13, 2010 at 3:43 pm

You never know with NYC, I put my name in for the lottery last year…. first time ever…. and got in!!! It really is an awesome marathon. I’m tempted to put my name in again……

10 Steph January 13, 2010 at 3:46 pm

Careful! That’s exactly what I thought when I entered in the lottery for the NYC Half Marathon. And now I’m going lol! I’ll keep my fingers crossed they pick you!

Love the races you have lines up! Can’t wait to follow you on your training!

11 blueberrymuffins January 13, 2010 at 3:51 pm

That would be neat if someone would pay for you. Have you started asking around?
I am thinking of running the Baltimore 1/2 in October- if I stay healthy.

12 Morgan @ Life After Bagels January 13, 2010 at 3:55 pm

you never stop! you’re right it’s one of the better things you could be doing with that cash.

13 Jenn Eats Nutritiously Now January 13, 2010 at 4:02 pm

Good luck on all your upcoming races!

14 megan January 13, 2010 at 4:03 pm

wow, you love races. good luck! That would be awesome if some company sponsored you! They couldn’t find a more cheerful dedicated runner!

15 Rosalie January 13, 2010 at 4:03 pm

I’ll put in a second vote for Philly! I did the half there last year and beat my goal by a lot because it was such a nice and easy course. Great city, very smoothly-run race, and lots of cheering spectators. I’m considering doing that as my first-ever full marathon this coming Nov, but still feeling unsure about committing to a whole 26.2.

WAY TO GO on not only finishing the Disney marathon but kicking serious ass in it!

16 eaternotarunner January 13, 2010 at 4:05 pm

Wow awesome racing schedule!

17 traveleatrepeat January 13, 2010 at 4:05 pm

Marine Corps is a beautiful one — I’ve never run it but my parents do every year and I love cheering them on! 😀

18 traci January 13, 2010 at 4:06 pm

Love your lunch! You always have such inspiring meals!

19 Jenna January 13, 2010 at 4:14 pm

Love the race schedule!!
Jenna

20 Lee January 13, 2010 at 4:19 pm

Is it just plain tofu mixed with salsa or did you cook it first?

21 Jessica January 13, 2010 at 4:21 pm

I’m planning on running the Marine Corps Marathon too! I’ve heard great things from everyone who has done it!

22 Eve (Nutrition by Eve) January 13, 2010 at 4:25 pm

Wow – that is quite the list of races!! I’m biased but I hope you get into the NYC marathon lottery, it’s such an amazing race. I’ve only spectated but it’s really something unique.

23 Anna January 13, 2010 at 4:27 pm

Looks like a great race schedule! Love that tofu pita, too 🙂

24 Sarah (from See Sarah Eat) January 13, 2010 at 4:39 pm

You go girl!

25 Matt January 13, 2010 at 5:05 pm

Damn a 50k!? I am planning on one this fall!

26 Melissa S. January 13, 2010 at 5:14 pm

awesome schedule you got coming up! and yeah, i bet you’re going to spend a fortune…how is running not cheap anymore? boo

27 Lisa (bakebikeblog) January 13, 2010 at 5:16 pm

What an awesome looking lunch! And LOVE your race schedule 🙂

28 Ali January 13, 2010 at 5:27 pm

WOW that loos like a lot of fun races! 50k…holy God! That is amazing!

29 RunToTheFinish January 13, 2010 at 5:30 pm

OHH I hope we can get a team for the relay! I want to do on again, it was just so fun. I’ll ask some girls here and see if anyone is interested… how many people do you have right now?

Gosh a bunch of your are doing Gaspirilla. I just don’t know if I can do another 4.5 hour drive…hmm I love a meet up though

30 Gracie January 13, 2010 at 5:49 pm

I’ve tried “baking” sweet potatoes in the microwave, but I always seem to dry them out! How long do you cook them for??

31 caitlin January 13, 2010 at 5:52 pm

try putting a wet paper towel over them first 🙂

32 fromatopink January 13, 2010 at 5:55 pm

Impressive list of races there!

33 j.l. January 13, 2010 at 6:27 pm

all the cool kids are doing philly. and yes, it is flat…for the half. the full runs through manayunk. just google “manayunk wall.” ha! flat! 😉 its a bitch and half on a road bike flipping through gears.

34 Heather @ The Joyful Kitchen January 13, 2010 at 6:42 pm

what a list of races! i hope someone picks you up and sponsors you 🙂

35 theprocessofhealing January 13, 2010 at 7:05 pm

Wow, go you!!!! That is incredible and so so so exciting!!

I’ll have to try that sweet potato idea. A sweet potato is probably one of my top favorite foods ever!

36 jenngirl January 13, 2010 at 7:15 pm

I think it’s great how dedicated and excited you are for you 2010 race schedule! Hopefully you find some sponsors..that would be a cherry on top for sure 😉

37 allisonisactive January 13, 2010 at 7:39 pm

Good call on searching for NYC races when you are traveling. Some of my favorite races have been random runs I’ve signed up for when I’m up in Michigan visiting my family. It’s nice to run somewhere different!

I need to e-mail you about the Sunrise to Sunset run. I’m in Sarasota and am definitely interested!

38 KatieF January 13, 2010 at 7:54 pm

I’ve run Marine Corps three times–and I LOVE that race!!! My husband ran Philly this past fall (I spectated) and it was very fun to watch. If you’re in the market for a marathon closer to home I ran Palm Beaches last month and it was a very nice race. Good luck!

39 Dori January 13, 2010 at 8:03 pm

Very excited to run the Gridiron Classic with you! Well, not “with” you, since you are much faster than me, but at the same time as you. And to have a meetup!

40 Marianne January 13, 2010 at 9:02 pm

I’m impressed with the 50k! Does anyone know what happened to Abbie (foodsthatfit), the blogger you ran the croom’s race with last year? I’ve missed her blog!

41 Brittany January 13, 2010 at 9:11 pm

I think you should do the Marine Corp Marathon then you’ll be in my neck of the woods.

I tried the 2 minute microwaved sweet potato rounds tonight for dinner- super quick and super tasty!!

42 Heather January 13, 2010 at 9:23 pm

50K! awesome!

43 Kelly H. (the running phoodie) January 13, 2010 at 9:28 pm

I ran the Philly half this past November. If you are interested, check out my race recap. Sounds like you have some great stuff planned!

44 Ashley January 13, 2010 at 9:37 pm

I highly recommend Philadelphia! It is a great flat, fun race which allows for tons of PRs! It is also throughout the prettiest sections of the city which include some historic highlights. In addition, it’s such a fun city to visit and the food scene is wonderful as well! I’ll be doing the NYRR and can’t wait to hopefully meet you and others! I’m just returning to the world of blogging after a brief hiatus thanks to a new job, wedding, and crazy travel schedule!! 🙂

45 Kerry January 14, 2010 at 10:40 am

Register for the Marine Corps Marathon! It was my first marathon and it was such a great course, such a great race! The crowds are wonderful and the live entertainment is placed at the miles where you need it the most! I finished in 4:09 and I couldn’t get over how quickly the time seemed to pass!

46 Margaret January 19, 2010 at 3:25 pm

Hi Meghann! I have never posted on your site but I read it pretty regularly! I noticed that you’re running the Gridiron race in NYC and seeing that, I signed right up! I’m doing the NYRR 9+1 thing to gain automatic entry into the 2011 marathon, but this year I’m thinking about doing either the Chicago marathon or the Marine Corps marathon… I think it’d be great to meet you in NYC when you do the Gridiron race – I’ll send you an email!

{ 1 trackback }