The Gate Key Returns

by Meghann on January 7, 2010

A quick trip to my complex office and $25 later I have a new gate key. Yay!

IMG_5442

I was really afraid to new gate key would cost $75+ so when he told me $25 I let out a huge sigh of relief. 🙂

Now, I just need to teach myself other ways to carry the key on my run. Not sure if I learned my lesson on keeping it in my sports bra, as I believe losing it one time in 18 months is not that bad at all, but maybe I’ll try one of the three nifty shoe wallets I own. Though I really don’t mind running with the shoe wallet or spibelt on race days, for some reason I find it a bit annoying to mess with on a daily basis. We shall see!

Mid – morning I snacked on a Kashi Bar,

IMG_5441

Lunch was a left over master piece.

IMG_5448

Left over Spicy Calabaza Soup with cashew pieces and raisins

IMG_5451

I was really digging the cashew pieces in this soup. Cashews have recently moved to the top of my favorite nuts list (TWSS) and lately I can’t get enough of them.

Cheese, Tabouli, Hummus, Tomato, and Spinach Quesadilla

IMG_5454

I used the last of my tabouli on this one. Can’t believe I went through an entire container in 4 day. I have a slight obsession with tabouli. 😉 I also have a slight obsession with the tabouli, hummus, and cheese combo. So sad to see it go.

IMG_5455

Dessert was a dried piece of fruit dipped in chocolate.

IMG_5458

I couldn’t decide which fruit this was. Honeydew? Hmmm… they need to label the box better. Either way it was tasty!

1 meyergirl January 7, 2010 at 3:43 pm

LOVE making Quesadillas! We even have a quesadilla maker, but it’s a PITA to clean.

2 Hannah Hawley January 7, 2010 at 3:46 pm

What about putting it on a lanyad and wearing it around your neck?

3 eaternotarunner January 7, 2010 at 3:48 pm

That quesadilla looks awesome! I do think you need a piece of string or something to attach the key to 😉

4 Julie January 7, 2010 at 3:51 pm

Would a safety pin help? Pin it to the inside of your shirt or something? I think the lanyard might work better, but…just a thought I had.

5 Molly @vegandorm January 7, 2010 at 3:51 pm

Try tying your key onto your shoelaces! That’s what I always do with my dorm key.

6 blueberrymuffins January 7, 2010 at 3:52 pm

I have a tabouli, hummus, and cheese addiction as well … think god for costco!

7 angnxd January 7, 2010 at 3:56 pm

Don’t you love when you think you have to pay more for something then you really do especially when it’s not something you really want to be buying! Where did you get the chocolate dipped dried fruit? I keep seeing it on here and it looks soo yummy!

8 eatingRD January 7, 2010 at 3:57 pm

glad you got a gate key! mmm that soup and dilla looks comforting especially with your unexpected chilly weather. Have a good day!

9 mags January 7, 2010 at 3:59 pm

hey meghann,

i run with this little key holder from lululemon, not sure if your key card would fit in it, but it looks like it would! its great and pretty cheap!

10 foodfitnessandfreya January 7, 2010 at 4:08 pm

I’ve never made a quesadilla, but I really want to after reading this, it looks so tasty! I just wish I knew what half the stuff was you used, we don’t have it in england..!
Congrats on getting the key copy – I obviously live in the Stone Age cos I was picturing an actual key made of metal and that :s

11 Heather @ The Joyful Kitchen January 7, 2010 at 4:08 pm

i usually just tie mine to my shoe…or if you can find pants/shorts that have the key holders right over the butt, those fit perfectly in there!

that lunch is indeed a masterpiece 🙂

12 lily @ Lily's Health Pad January 7, 2010 at 4:10 pm

It cost 100 dollars to replace a key at my old apartment! You are one lucky duck!

13 Elina January 7, 2010 at 4:15 pm

I use the show wallet from the Summit and just keep it on my running shoes at all times. I think it works great! Prior to owning it, I always bought running pants with a zippered pocket – also works great for keys 🙂
That quesadilla looks like heaven. I think I’m going to add it to my list of things I can make while my kitchen is remodeled. There are only so many things you can make in the micro; the panini press will be perfect for this!

14 Ali January 7, 2010 at 4:15 pm

I used the last of my tabouli last night in my dinner salad and I was sad about it too! Love that stuff!

15 Karla January 7, 2010 at 4:19 pm

Yummy looking quesadilla! Glad you got a new gate key 🙂

16 Heather @ (The Single Dish) January 7, 2010 at 4:26 pm

Shoe wallet or wear something with pockets? Although that could be a pain every morning. Anyway, the fruit with choc looks great, whatever fruit it is!

17 megan January 7, 2010 at 4:37 pm

I always just throw stuff like that in my pocket. I have pockets in all my shorts as a byproduct of playing tennis for so many years. if you wear real running clothes though, that probably doesn’t work so well 🙂

18 Samantha January 7, 2010 at 5:16 pm

Quesadillas are the best!!

19 Megan January 7, 2010 at 5:24 pm

I never ever put stuff in my bra. I think its super disgusting and makes me hyper aware of how sweaty i am. Gross. gross gross.

20 Whitney @ Lettuce Love January 7, 2010 at 5:26 pm

I hate that apartments make you pay for your key — those meanies!

21 Rachel January 7, 2010 at 5:45 pm

OMG, your lunch looks amazing! Especially the quesadilla.

Glad the gate key didn’t cost that much, but $25 is still a lot of money! It could’ve been worse though.

22 Katie January 7, 2010 at 6:15 pm

The handy dandy shoe wallet never fails! Or is it too big? maybe you could make your own pouch-type thing to tie onto your shoe.

23 Jenna January 7, 2010 at 6:45 pm

Quesadilla looks yummy!

24 Mara @ What's For Dinner? January 7, 2010 at 7:03 pm

You should get one of those sports bras that has the pocket in it…

25 Melissa S. January 7, 2010 at 7:24 pm

i’m lame and usually hold things in my hands.

I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOU TOMORROW!!!

26 jessicä January 7, 2010 at 8:34 pm

Haha that’s what she said 🙂

27 jenngirl January 7, 2010 at 11:27 pm

Target sells these running tights and capris with little zippers in the sides…might be big enough for a key card.

28 Danielle January 9, 2010 at 11:37 am

That dark mocha almond bar is one of my favorites. Yum!