Runner Up

by Meghann on January 4, 2010

One of our vendor’s sent us the cutest holiday gift today.

It’s a reusable coffee (tea) mug and I am a little obsessed.

I practically pulled it out of my supervisor’s hands claiming it as ‘mine’ (I was clearly kidding) and have been sipping out of it all afternoon. Love, Love, Love it!

I also love, love, loved my afternoon snack. πŸ™‚

I topped a brown rice cake with barney butter and dried fruit.

A-MA-ZING!!

I may not had won the Sam-E Good Mood Blogger Gig, but the great people at Sam-E were kind enough to send me a lovely runner up prize pack.

Thats more vitamins then I’ll ever know what to do with. πŸ™‚

The best part of my prize pack was the Ipod Shuffle!

I can’t wait to run with this little guy. I think he’ll be perfect for my marathon on Sunday!

Thanks Sam-E!!!

Vegetables, Vegetables, Vegetables

To be exact:

• Brussels Sprouts
  • Sweet Potato
  • Potato
  • Onion
  • Zucchini

Covered in marinara sauce and topped with goat cheese and chia seeds

with a side of garlic toast

Now that’s my kind of ‘pasta’ πŸ˜‰

My sore throat was yearning for something cold after dinner. A serving of peppermint ice cream was just what it needed.

I topped with with a chocolate dipped dried piece of pineapple for a little somethin’ somethin’

Its suppose to be in 20s tomorrow morning. Boy, is that 6 mile run I have planned going to be fun! (heavy sarcasm)

Better get some rest!

Good Night!!

1 Evan Thomas January 4, 2010 at 9:35 pm

Good luck on the run! Just be sure to bundle up well and layer layer layer

2 Jess (Fit Chick in the City) January 4, 2010 at 9:40 pm

Brrr…. that is cold! Your veggies look delish!

3 Gracie January 4, 2010 at 9:47 pm

Yum. I love having a huge serving of warm, roasted veggies for dinner! Question for you – what did you do with all of the leftover raw veggies? Or did you roast them all and save them for later?

4 Lily @ Lily's Health Pad January 4, 2010 at 9:57 pm

Does The Disney Marathon allow mp3 players? I’ve been looking for a marathon that allows them. My favorite marathon changed their stance on mp3 players last year, and I’m not a happy camper.

5 Marissa January 4, 2010 at 10:00 pm

Veggies > Pasta πŸ™‚

6 Jessie (Vegan-minded) January 4, 2010 at 10:04 pm

Yum, I love roasted veggies! What an awesome prize pack to receive, lucky you! Looks like you won’t be needing vitamins any time soon. πŸ™‚

7 Rosey Rebecca January 4, 2010 at 10:04 pm

That mug is so cute!! I need to try the whole marinara veggie thing. It looks delicious!

8 Bria January 4, 2010 at 10:07 pm

Hey Meghann! A word of caution about the shuffle – I was in love with my pink one when I bought it in October but quickly realized that when I ran with it the control on the earphones stopped working! I checked online and this is a very common problem. I would hate for that to happen during your marathon so thought I’d pipe up πŸ˜‰ Make sure you take it for a test run. Mine would do silly things like suddenly decrease in volume, skip through songs, the voice over would randomly come on, etc. It was unbearable lol Hopefully I had a lemon and yours works like a charm. Happy New Year! xo

9 Heather @ The Joyful Kitchen January 4, 2010 at 10:13 pm

i love love love your snack too…what a great idea! and dinner looks like the bombdiggity too πŸ™‚ looks like a great way to get more veggies in my life!

10 caitsplate January 4, 2010 at 10:21 pm

I made your Whole Wheat Sweet Potato pizza dough tonight and everyone was so impressed!! πŸ˜€

I got a 5-miler planned tomorrow and it’s set to be in the 20s WITHOUT windchill – so I’m totally there with ya!

GOOD LUCK!

11 weightwatchersforone January 4, 2010 at 10:24 pm

You lucky lady! I love nature made vitamins! They are the only vitamins I have ever taken that have not made me sick to my stomach. I always see that you make veggies and top them with marinara… I NEED to get in that boat! I love my veggies and sometimes get bored with just salads and I think this would help get me out of my salad rut..thanks πŸ™‚

12 Sammi January 4, 2010 at 10:25 pm

wow, I’ve been hearing everywhere that it’s freezing down in Orlando right now but I was not expecting it to be as cold down there as it is up here in VA. crazy! I’ll be able to wear the same clothes getting on the plane here as I’m going to getting off the plane down there this weekend!
Good luck on your run tomorrow! Hopefully the wind won’t be too bad!

13 Danielle January 4, 2010 at 10:29 pm

Good luck on your freezing run πŸ˜• Wear a hat!
Feel better!

14 lauren l. January 4, 2010 at 10:37 pm

i LOVE my little iPod shuffle for running, and the voiceover is really convenient for playlists. if it wasn’t below zero in the mornings around here, i’d go take it for a spin but it looks like i’m strapped to the treadmill for another week or so. best wishes for this weekend and your final training runs!!!

15 meyergirl January 4, 2010 at 10:40 pm

Whew! If it’s in the 20’s there it should be freeeeezing here. Yay.

16 inmytummy January 4, 2010 at 10:41 pm

It gets in the 20s in Florida? Geez!

17 Kelly from Bridges and Bites January 4, 2010 at 10:53 pm

I’m going to have to try the dried fruit on a rice cake!

18 Matt January 4, 2010 at 10:57 pm

It is suppose to get into the teens here this week. I am NOT looking forward to that!

19 Misty January 4, 2010 at 11:30 pm

Gordman’s (which I now see has no locations in Florida) sells similar coffee cups (like this one on Amazon) for about $6. I got one for a coworker for Christmas, and she loves it!

20 Jenna January 4, 2010 at 11:38 pm

What a great package!
Peppermint ice cream sounds perfect for your sore throat !
Brr that’s chili for Florida weather! Gluck on the run!!
Jenna

21 Molly @vegandorm January 4, 2010 at 11:39 pm

It’s in the teens at home now…actually makes me a little excited to go back to school!
I love that mug!

22 Rachel January 4, 2010 at 11:42 pm

Wow, you got some awesome swag! Your veggies look delicious πŸ˜€

23 Lauren @ Reading and Running January 4, 2010 at 11:50 pm

Oh wow, sweet prize pack from Nature Made! I’m definitely going to use your recipe for roasted veggies, they look delicious! I so wish I had a little iPod Shuffle to run with, my iPhone is way too heavy!

24 Ali January 4, 2010 at 11:58 pm

That was sooooo sweet of Sam-E to send you that stuff! You dinner looks great! You sure do looove those veggies, girlie!

I have been eyeing a a mug just like that at Borders Bookstore for w while, but I can’t bring myself to buy it since I have a perfectly good travel mug that does the same thing! But, I am feeling slightly more convinced πŸ˜‰

Night!

25 Chelsea January 5, 2010 at 12:26 am

Brrrr… that’s cold! I hope you have some cold weather running gear! I recommend a hat and gloves πŸ™‚

I love the cup and your dinner looks delish!!!

26 Kathleen January 5, 2010 at 12:53 am

Good luck on the run tomorrow! stay warm!

I love that reusable mug! I saw one for pretty cheap at Target in the kitchen stuff with the rest of their mugs and loved it! It looked exactly like that one…I may need to go get it!

27 Courtney January 5, 2010 at 1:56 am

I love your broiled veggies! I have some fresh green beans I can’t wait to get under the broiler with a little buttah! :] And that reusable mug – CUTE! Is that cardboard thing real? …

28 Lisa @bakebikeblog January 5, 2010 at 3:11 am

What a yummy looking dinner!!
Love the coffee mug too!

29 foodfitnessandfreya January 5, 2010 at 4:03 am

wow, that’s the prize for NOT winning? what the heck do you get if you win!?
Ah that dinner looks completly dreamy, sweet potato is one of my favourites (and a big pile of roasted veggies with garlic toast is always a win-win combo in my book anyway!)
I had ice cream too last night πŸ™‚ caramel vanilla and hazelnut..sounds much less healthy than peppermint – that actually sounds light and refreshing!
Have a great day πŸ™‚

30 Holly January 5, 2010 at 7:54 am

Meghann,

Be careful, you may want to check if you could get disqualified for the headset while running the marathon.

31 frogsandmen January 5, 2010 at 8:11 am

ah goat cheese and marinara. looks delicious!

32 pickyeaterruns January 5, 2010 at 8:33 am

That tea “mug” is So cute! Those veggies look delish. Hope you’re feeling better!

33 Whitney @ Lettuce Love January 5, 2010 at 9:26 am

I love all of those veggies — yum!

34 Brittany January 5, 2010 at 9:26 am

I love the reusable mug- that’s a great vendor gift idea. I’ll have to keep that in mind.

What a fun prize package from SAM-E. I want an ipod shuffle- I still have a massive ipod from 6 years ago. It’s a workout just wearing it on my arm. πŸ™‚

Good luck on your race this weekend!!

35 fitandfortysomething January 5, 2010 at 9:32 am

Hope you are feeling better Meghann! Everyone seems to be sick lately.

36 Paige@ Running Around Normal January 5, 2010 at 9:47 am

I got a cup like that for Christmas, too!! I lurrrve it:)
Holy vitamins! You will not be lacking in that department for a year or three LOL That was very nice of them, though.
Good luck on the run…layer up!

37 rungirlrunn January 5, 2010 at 10:00 am

That mug is totally awesome!!!!! (Ok so is the Ipod!)

38 melissa January 5, 2010 at 11:08 am

Wow 20s?! That’s what the weather is here in NJ!

39 Heather (The Single Dish) January 5, 2010 at 11:41 am

Wow that is a great gift package from the people at Sam-E! Do you usually take vitamins? If so, which ones? I take Vit D, B12 and a mutli one for women each morning, which ends up being about 5 days a week because I forget!

40 Vanessa (Last Night's Leftovers) January 5, 2010 at 9:02 pm

What a great little coffee mug!