more ยป" />

How I spent the last day of 2009

by Meghann on December 31, 2009

Happy New Years Eve!

How are you ringing in 2010?!?!

I would love to say that I am going to a crazy party and dancing the night away until the clock strikes 12, but in reality I am going to force myself to stay awake until midnight east coast time (10:00 pm here) and pass out as soon as I watch the ball drop.

My New Years have never been that exciting anyways. Last year was the first time I actually went out for New Years Eve otherwise I am a big home body, especially if New Years occurs on ski vacations. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Breakfast this morning was ‘fend for yourself.’ So, of course, my head automatically went to cereal.

mmm…. cereal.. how I’ve missed thee.

• 1/2 cup Kashi Good Friends Cereal
  • 1/2 cup Peanut Butter Puffins
  • Vanilla Yogurt
  • Mango

Nom Nom Nom

We took advantage of the fresh new snow that fell yesterday and headed to Breckenridge for the day.

More importantly we wanted the fresh snow so that we may enjoy these trails a little more.

Nothing is better than fresh powder on the upper bowls. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Of course it was f-ing freezing the first time up! The wind at the top can be brutal!

After a quick pit stop to purchase a girl’s best friend

and to grab a bite of the remains of yesterday’s Two Elks Bar

We were back in business

Twas some awesome skiing at the top!

We ended up riding the t-bar three times this morning. When lunch time rolled around we were more than ready to eat!

After spending too much $$$ on lunch yesterday, we reverted back to brown bagging it today.

I packed a pear and a veggie wrap I assembled this morning

My veggie wrap contained swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato, pickle, and cucumber. Delicious!

I snagged some tortilla chips as well

My little brother opted out of a wrap and instead packed some ramen noodles that he enjoyed thanks to the hot water available on the mountain.

IMG_6244.JPG IMG_6245.JPG IMG_6246.JPG

Love ya Ben!

For dessert we all split Reeses Peanut Butter Cups

After lunch I ditched my siblings and spent the afternoon skiing with Derek.

I took him down his first tree trail/ black diamond. I was so proud. ๐Ÿ™‚

Go Derek!

We took a break for some hot chocolate before calling it a day.

Breath taking

Hot tub anyone?

While they soaked I made dinner!

For the family I made regular sloppy joes using ground beef, ketchup, & mustard. For Kelly and I, I made chickpea sloppy joes using the same sauce concept only with chickpeas instead of ground beef.

On the side I made sweet potato fries.

Can you believe 3 sweet potatoes worth of fries wasn’t enough for 7 people?!?!

Last, but not least I had a couple of crackers with chipotle smoked salmon.

I know its an odd addition to my meal, but it was sitting there and it looked good. ๐Ÿ™‚

Derek was kind enough to make cake for dessert!!

I had a small slice with mint ice cream

The ball will be dropping in NYC in less than 2 hours. Can I make it until then?!?! We shall wait and see!

See ya in 2010!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

1 Lauren @ Reading and Running December 31, 2009 at 11:22 pm

Yum!! I’m going to have to try chickpea sloppy joes!! Happy new year Meghann!

2 blueberrymuffins December 31, 2009 at 11:23 pm

Happy New year! I am so glad you are having a blasty with your family and loved ones :)!

3 Jocelyn December 31, 2009 at 11:24 pm

Looks like a day full of fun! Happy new year!!!

4 Rachel January 1, 2010 at 12:09 am

Haha, when I make sweet potato fries I usually eat the entire potato. Myself. So… yes, I can believe it! ๐Ÿ™‚

Happy new year Meghann – I wish you all the best in 2010!

5 Nicci January 1, 2010 at 12:11 am

I’m trying to stay awake…you can do it! have a great NYE

6 Danielle January 1, 2010 at 12:39 am

I forgot about toe warmers! Need to stock up…
Happy new Years ๐Ÿ™‚

7 Chelsea January 1, 2010 at 12:44 am

Love that you guys got to soak in the hot tub! that cake and ice cream looks delish.

8 Molly @vegandorm January 1, 2010 at 12:54 am

Haha I usually eat a sweet potato on my own (granted a small one) so I can totally see that not being enough!

9 Heather @ The Joyful Kitchen January 1, 2010 at 1:30 am

sweet potato fries…nom nom nom! how’d you make the sloppy joe sauce? any particular combo?

Happy New Year!

10 Jenna January 1, 2010 at 1:43 am

Great day! Happy new year ๐Ÿ™‚

11 britgirlblogs January 1, 2010 at 2:06 am

The skiing looks amazing, it’s one of the things i’ve always wanted to do but been miles to scared to go ahead with it!
Always nice to relax in a hot tub though, now that I can do ๐Ÿ˜›

12 Mama Pea January 1, 2010 at 3:09 am

Your family must really love each other to share Reese’s. It’s every woman for herself around here.

Happy New Year and thanks for your sweet comment!!!

13 Emily (Emily Ears and Exercises) January 1, 2010 at 3:40 am

I’m glad I’m not alone. I often eat a sweet potato by myself. At the very least I always eat half.
Hope you have a great rest of your trip.

14 Danielle January 1, 2010 at 10:09 am

Our NYE’s are never exciting either, but I really think I prefer it that way. Besides, you may not be out partying but you ARE on an awesome vacation! I’m loving your pictures because I’ve never seen snow (I’m a TRUE Florida girl!) so I feel like I’m vicariously living through your experience ๐Ÿ™‚ Enjoy!

15 Erin January 1, 2010 at 11:09 am

I’m with you — a low-key new year’s is more fun than crazy drunk shenanigans.

16 Morgan @ Life After Bagels January 1, 2010 at 11:41 am

If I was skiing all day I definitely wouldn’t make it to midnight

17 Christy January 1, 2010 at 12:04 pm

I’m the same way with New Years Eve… never been a crazy partier for it! And I like the chickpea sloppy joe idea!

18 Lily @ Lily's Health Pad January 1, 2010 at 12:09 pm

I’m seriously loving the Colorado posts! And I know I’ve said this before, but I am so jealous of your vacation!

19 jenngirl January 1, 2010 at 1:00 pm

What a great way to spend the last day of 2009! It’s like the beautiful snowy scenery never ends ๐Ÿ˜‰

I love the idea of using chickpeas in place of beef for sloppy joes! What a simple, yet healthy switch.

And considering I eat a whole sweet potato’s worth of fries, I can totally believe that 3 wasn’t enough for the seven of you ๐Ÿ˜‰