2010 New Years Resolutions

by Meghann on December 30, 2009

At the end of 2009 I came up with a few resolutions of what I wanted to accomplish in the new year.

Here’s a look back of what my goals were compared to what I accomplished:

• Go on Dates – Hell I would even be happy with talking to just talking with a guy. I had my heart broken this past year, but I believe its time to move on. I’m enjoying being single, but a free meal every once in a while would not hurt either. ;)

Mission accomplished!

• Run a Full Marathon – This is a long term goal I am hoping to accomplish in the Fall.

I even accomplished this one a little earlier than expected when I ran my first full marathon in May. 😉

• Compete in a Triathlon – I am registered to run one in March!

Done and Done!

• Save Money – I think this is a given for any list of goals.

This is an on going goal that I constantly work towards, but I am happy to say I do have more money in my savings then when I wrote this originally if that counts.

• Take on more responsibility at my Job

Check!

• Spend less time on the computer

Fail! Oh well…

• Maintain weight loss

Check!

• Eat less refined sugars

No comment…. 😉

• Continue to discover myself and push my limits

• I think I did pretty good in my 2009 efforts. Baby steps… baby steps… 🙂

So after accomplishing so much in 2009 what are my goals for 2010?

• Drink more water! – i am really bad at getting water in during the day as I find it a bit boring to drink on its own. This is something I need to work on.
    • Strength Train 3 days a week
    • Complete an Olympic Triathalon
    • Travel somewhere I’ve never been
    • Watch my spending

They’re simple resolutions, but I think they are just what I need right now.

Do you make resolutions for the New Year? What are your goals for 2010?

1 Runeatrepeat December 30, 2009 at 1:05 pm

Good luck! These all sound like great goals! I want to do a tri – but I’m actually scared of my bike (not the water).

2 megzzwinsatlife December 30, 2009 at 1:06 pm

Very good goals.. I want to save more money.. Go on more dates.. donate more blood… and run a 1/2 marathon!

3 biz319 December 30, 2009 at 1:19 pm

I totally remember last year you left a comment on my resolution page that you wanted to go on dates – hooray for Derek! 😀

4 Lauren @ Reading and Running December 30, 2009 at 2:25 pm

Some of your 2009 goals are very similar to my goals this year! Hopefully I will be as succesful as you have been. Can’t wait to see how 2010 plays out for everyone!

5 Courtney December 30, 2009 at 2:59 pm

I’m not doing resolutions this year, I’m doing REVOLUTIONS!! I just did a big post on my blog about the revolutions I’m going to start in my life this year, but one of the biggies is to run my first half marathon in May. WHEEE HEEE!
    Courtney
    adventures in tri-ing

6 Britt @ Runnerbelle December 30, 2009 at 4:04 pm

I’ve just decided to call them goals this year. That way it makes me think of its something I’m working towards rather than a major immediate change.

I have a variety this year that include running PR’s, work/career related goals, personal fulfillment goals, etc. Why have one when you can have 10, right?

Great job on your 2009 resolutions!!

7 Erin December 30, 2009 at 4:19 pm

I try not to make resolutions but little, manageable changes. The big one for 2010 is to get back into a good eating and exercise pattern after falling off a bit during the holidays.

8 eaternotarunner December 30, 2009 at 4:33 pm

I want to improve my 5k time this year and work on intuitive eating!

9 Danielle December 30, 2009 at 4:35 pm

You did really well in accomplishing your goals- congrats 🙂 I don’t usually make resolutions but maybe I should start

10 Jenna December 30, 2009 at 4:46 pm

I thought you and Derek are dating?! Aren’t you?

11 Allison December 30, 2009 at 4:49 pm

Drink more water is one of mine too! My others include improving my 5k and half marathon times, stretching before and after every run, and making good grades!

12 Laura Georgina December 30, 2009 at 4:50 pm

Way to go on the resolutions! I feel like the only person in the world that doesn’t do the resolution thing, but I may give it some thought this year….

13 Erin December 30, 2009 at 5:24 pm

Congrats on the resolutions! I’m writing mine now!

14 Reenie December 30, 2009 at 6:39 pm

I’m confused too…….aren’t you and Derek back together?

15 Rachel December 30, 2009 at 6:54 pm

Drinking water is a good goal… that’s something I definitely need to add to my list!

16 jenngirl December 30, 2009 at 7:13 pm

Congrats on where you are at this point in your life! And I think you make a great point about resolutions: those are great ones and ones that you need RIGHT NOW. No need to make things complicated, just setting your sights on a few positive things is all we need to make the beginning of the new year great!

17 Laura S December 30, 2009 at 7:13 pm

Of course they are together. She said:
    Mission accomplished!

18 Duchess of Fork December 30, 2009 at 8:06 pm

Good luck, girl! You are such an inspiration. I’m sure you’ll have no problem with your 2010 goals. Best wishes in the new year!!

19 Heather December 30, 2009 at 8:59 pm

Good luck with all your goals!

I also have a goal to save more money and to strength train – it has never been one of my favorite things to do – but it is so necessary!

Happy New Year!

20 Heather @ The Joyful Kitchen December 30, 2009 at 9:08 pm

I do believe in making resolutions, but also prefer doing things in the here and now. Last year I didn’t make a resolution because I wasn’t sure if that was something I would be able to keep up, but this past month I’ve really started eating well and exercising and doing the things I need to do to lose weight and have a healthy lifestyle. I’m SO EXCITED for this year because this is the first time, with the help of this awesome online community, that I’ve felt empowered enough to actually take charge of my life and my looks 🙂

21 caitsplate December 30, 2009 at 10:27 pm

Congrats on completing your resolutions! 😀 You did quite a good job on that list if I do say so myself!

And an olympic triathalon?!? That’s AMAZING! GOOD LUCK! 🙂