Waiting Until the Last Minute

by Meghann on December 23, 2009

I was up at 5:00 am this morning packing and organizing.

Talk about waiting until the last minute!

My plans to pack last night were immediately tossed out the window when I plopped on my bed after blogging and immediately passed out. I couldn’t help it! My bed just looked so comfy and the big pile of clothes that needed to be folded did not.

Instead I set my alarm a half hour earlier and did what I could before setting out on my run 3 mile run at 6:00 am.

After my run and shower I made a festive bowl of cereal.

IMG_3552

• 1/2 cup Flax Flakes
  • 1/2 cup Kashi h2h Warm Cinnamon
  • The last of my TJ’s Pumpkin Spice Granola
  • Pumpkin Yogurt
  • Pom

IMG_3553

The laundry portion of my packing process is really what’s killing me. I had ..errr… 6 loads of laundry in my hamper(s) when I started. I realized it had been a while since I last washed any clothes when I was folding the outfit I wore at Thanksgiving. Oopss…

As of right now I have all the clothes folded. I just need to go back through the piles and determine what I need to pack for the 4 days I’ll be at my parents and then the 7 days I will be in Colorado. :/

Oh and did I mention I am at work right now. Luckily its only a half day! Which is good because I still have to much stuff to do!

1 caitlin December 23, 2009 at 9:46 am

i can never believe that you have so many clothes you can not do laundry for six weeks!! i do laundry every week! i would run out of underwear LOL

2 caitsplate December 23, 2009 at 9:47 am

Haha – that’s always the way I am too. No matter how much I INTEND to do things ahead of time, I always find a way to procrastinate until the very last minute! 🙂

Have a great time at home and a wonderful Christmas!

3 amanda @ fake ginger December 23, 2009 at 9:48 am

I totally had that laundry problem when I lived in an apartment. Sometimes it’s just easier to buy new clothes than wash the old ones. 😀

4 Cara December 23, 2009 at 10:13 am

What part of Colorado are you going to???

5 Paige@ Running Around Normal December 23, 2009 at 10:28 am

I probably have about 6 loads of laundry to do too! Yikes! Good luck on the packing, sweetie!

6 jenna December 23, 2009 at 10:38 am

have fun packing!!

7 Christy December 23, 2009 at 10:39 am

Don’t you just HATE doing laundry!? It’s sooo annoying!

8 lisa December 23, 2009 at 10:48 am

Last minute packing is actually the best way to pack – because then you don’t have to remember to include items that you might still have to use (i.e. blowdryer, toothbrush, slippers, etc.)

I usually start making a list about a week or two before I travel of all the things I need to take, and then just cross everything off as I put them in my bag. Got it down to a science!

Have a safe trip and a great time!

9 Erin December 23, 2009 at 10:51 am

I’m impressed that you have that many clothes — and underwear!! 😛 When I lived in Korea, I was living out of two suitcases which meant laundry once a week just so I had clean underwear haha.

10 Anne Marie@New Weigh of Life December 23, 2009 at 10:55 am

I wait until the last minute sometimes, and it drives me nuts! I don’t understand the clothes thing-I have to do laundry at least once a week!

11 Megan December 23, 2009 at 11:09 am

UG you’re so lucky you have a half day!! I have a half day TOMORROW!! Ew, right?!

12 Liz December 23, 2009 at 11:14 am

LOL, I’m going to echo the others to say that I can’t believe you have enough socks and underwear (and clothing you like enough to actually wear) to go that long without doing laundry. Its 2 weeks max for me, before I’m out of socks and feel like I have nothing good to wear.

That lulu outlet looked fun yesterday, too bad their selection wasn’t better. How good were the prices compared to the “real” store?

13 Jocelyn December 23, 2009 at 11:16 am

eeeek I always let my laundry build up..its such a bad habit! And takes sooo long to do it! Oh well…

Your bowl of cereal looks yummy today! 🙂 Have a good *half* day at work!

14 megan December 23, 2009 at 11:25 am

I’m a terrible packer. I put it off and take forever and just in general don’t like it. at least you have a fun trip to look forward to!

15 Derek December 23, 2009 at 11:31 am

Don’t kid yourselves, she goes commando!

16 lindsayruns December 24, 2009 at 12:53 pm

Hahahaha I like it!

17 Brittany December 23, 2009 at 11:36 am

I’m so jealous that you’re going to CO- have a blast!!

18 RunToTheFinish December 23, 2009 at 11:41 am

So looks like we won’t be meeting up on Saturday after all, too bad! I hope you have a wonderful vacation.

19 Rachel December 23, 2009 at 11:41 am

Hahahaha, I don’t think I have enough clothes to go without washing them for that long! I also think doing 6 loads of laundry would severely ruin my day 🙁 I hate one load.

20 Heather @ The Joyful Kitchen December 23, 2009 at 11:55 am

I feel ya on the laundry thing, we had about 6 loads too (down to the last one now, thank goodness!) Hope the rest of the day isn’t too stressful, and have fun getting off work early 🙂

21 Danielle December 23, 2009 at 12:13 pm

I’m terrible about doing laundry- I always start a load, forget about it, and it dries/get all gross in the washing machine lol
Enjoy your trip 🙂

22 Karla December 23, 2009 at 12:23 pm

I do laundry about once a month! But still it’s never more than 2 loads! How do you have so much clothes!?!

23 Emily December 23, 2009 at 12:28 pm

Haha, I am a notorious last minute packer. Hope that you have a great trip and a wonderful Christmas!

24 Rebeca (All Vegged Out) December 23, 2009 at 2:15 pm

I come from this neat freak household and half the time my mother would scream if she walked into my place (you know cuz I didn’t fix my bed or something)…

I packed to spend the week at home and literally threw a couple of loads of laundry on my bed, pulled out what I wanted and left the rest of it there… and have felt guilty about it ever since…

Sometimes it’s nice to know that not being *perfect* is okay too 🙂 Thanks for being so real, all the time!

25 rungirlrunn December 23, 2009 at 3:53 pm

Have a fun trip!

26 jenngirl December 23, 2009 at 4:15 pm

You WILL get it all done! No worries! And it’s completely normal to be a little stressed about packing, especially for the holidays!

27 Lindsay December 23, 2009 at 6:21 pm

I am very jealous that you are going to be going skiing, that is one of my favorite vacations!! Is your boyfriend going with you and your family!!

28 Hayley H December 23, 2009 at 8:02 pm

AH! i read religiously but must have missed that you are coming to CO, my home state! Get ready…. its been snowy! I’m totally the same way with laundry, and in fact the 3 loads I was planning to get done over Thanksgiving JUST went in the washer about 5 minutes ago 😉 have so much fun!