more ยป" />

Slow Moving

by Meghann on December 22, 2009

This morning has been very slow moving.

Is anyone else out there working in an office this week? Is your office half empty too?

I snacked on some trail mix in my empty office this morning.

And was counting down the minutes to lunch – a classic grilled cheese and tomato soup combo.

The tomato soup appeared a tad boring on its own, so I kicked it up a notch with some crushed pretzels.

A great winter combo. ๐Ÿ™‚

I nibbled on some chocolate covered goodies for dessert.

Maddie wanted in on the action.

Bad Maddie!

Knee update…

A couple of you have been requesting an update on my knee and I wanted to let you know I really appreciate the thoughtful thoughts. ๐Ÿ™‚

My knee is a little tender, but healing up nicely.

Neosporin is truly a miracle healing agent!

1 Anne Marie@New Weigh of Life December 22, 2009 at 2:53 pm

I’m in work even on Christmas Eve (only until 12:00 though). It’s pretty quiet around here as well.

2 megzzwinsatlife December 22, 2009 at 2:54 pm

As of right now and tomorrow I will be the only one in the office.., it is horrible but I am the last employee on and someone has to be here..

3 Meg C. December 22, 2009 at 2:56 pm

glad your knee is better! it looked like a nasty cut. no fun for running.

4 Katie December 22, 2009 at 2:58 pm

I’m working in my office through tomorrow and it is empty here. At one point we were up to 5 people, but now we are down to 3. It is definately hard to motivate with no one being here.

I’m glad your knee is doing better, I took a tumble on the ice walking my dog this morning so I can relate to your pain. I hope it continues to heal!

5 caitsplate December 22, 2009 at 2:58 pm

It’s definitely slow moving around here too. That’s awesome that your knee healed as quickly as it did! I love neosporin myself!

6 Casey December 22, 2009 at 2:58 pm

Aw Maddie is so sweet :). Your soup looks delicious! And yes my office is empty…which is why I’m playing around on the internet. Haha.

7 Ali December 22, 2009 at 3:04 pm

My office is actually full! Weird, I know! I love the grilled cheese and tomato soup combo! It’s the best!

8 Mama Pea December 22, 2009 at 3:06 pm

Oh my gosh, Maddie’s little face. I’d be tempted to give her the whole bowl and then some. I’m a fabulous mother.

9 Carolyn December 22, 2009 at 3:12 pm

Pretzels on tomato soup. Ingenious!

10 Sweet and Fit December 22, 2009 at 3:19 pm

love grilled cheese and tomato soup combos – glad your knee is feeling better =)

11 Erin December 22, 2009 at 3:20 pm

I’m so happy to be employed only part-time and able to work from home. The money’s not great but it’s fab to be working sitting on the couch in sweats. ๐Ÿ˜€

12 Jessica December 22, 2009 at 3:22 pm

I will be working Christmas eve. ugh.
Glad that your knee is healing.

13 megan December 22, 2009 at 3:22 pm

I’m working until noon on Christmas Eve as well ๐Ÿ™ Oh well…at least I get paid! ๐Ÿ™‚

14 Niki December 22, 2009 at 3:26 pm

chocolate covered graham looks yummmy! I work at starbucks so I’m not technically stuck in an office but NOBODY is at my apartment complex. Everyone went home for the holidays. College is quiet during these times.

15 Chelsea December 22, 2009 at 3:30 pm

It’s EMPTY here and NO emails either (unheard of!). I’m glad your knee is healing-YAY! Your grilled cheese looked like an uncooked hamburger patty from Whole Foods at first glance. I thought “wow, she took that to work! I wonder how she cooked it?” I was relieved to read that it was a grilled cheese ๐Ÿ˜‰

16 janetha December 22, 2009 at 3:34 pm

yes.. my office is DEAD to the world! it sucks! i dont think i will come in tomorrow ๐Ÿ™‚ have a great holiday meghann! xoxo

17 Lauren December 22, 2009 at 3:43 pm

I hadn’t clicked over from Google Reader in a few days – I like this header update, too! The office is dead. I work in a corporate office (around 1000 people) and it is slowly clearing out. Both my manager and director are off until Jan. 4th! I don’t know how I am going to be motivated to do any work….Luckily I am taking off quite a bit of time, too, but the three days I’m here will be painfully slow!

18 Amy December 22, 2009 at 3:45 pm

Yes… my office is so empty! And less people doing work in the office also means there is less for me to do. Bored…

19 Quinn December 22, 2009 at 3:47 pm

My office is d-e-a-d and gets worse every day. We close at 3 tomorrow, but I think I may just work from home in the morning. Can’t handle the quiet anymore!

20 *Andrea* December 22, 2009 at 3:52 pm

love the holiday treats! my mom is making the waffle pretzel/candies

21 Jessie December 22, 2009 at 4:16 pm

I am in an office this week and most of us are here, but there is not a whole lot to do.

22 Lisa (bakebikeblog) December 22, 2009 at 4:23 pm

oooh I LOVE grilled cheese – so tasty!
I work in an office too and it is SO quiet! Only 1 more sleep til the holidays though yay!

23 Heather @ The Joyful Kitchen December 22, 2009 at 4:53 pm

I’m working through tomorrow, and our office is dead silent! doesn’t really help pass the time too well, but at least I have T-minus 11 hours til my Christmas vacation!

24 Derek December 22, 2009 at 5:36 pm

I just realized that I don’t have christmas eve off…

how did I not know that?!?

25 Katie December 22, 2009 at 5:50 pm

I’m at the office this week… so empty and very slow!

26 Erica December 22, 2009 at 5:57 pm

WOW- the knee looks so much better. Glad its healing. There were like 5 people in my office today- so lonely! Great looking lunch. I need to make some chocolate covered graham crackers!!

27 heypgh December 22, 2009 at 5:58 pm

I am at the office….of course there is stuff to do but who is motivated right now? all I can think about is noon tomorrow which starts my 10 day vacation – yay!

28 lindsayruns December 22, 2009 at 6:22 pm

no “office” for me, but I do have to work tomorrow so that’s no fun. Pretzels in soup is a new idea for me, looks good!

29 Amanda December 22, 2009 at 7:43 pm

I work in a vet clinic and this week has been CRAZY busy. We are working every day except Christmas Day and we are booked solid. People tend to wait until the day before their dog goes to a kennel to realize that it needs its vaccinations! I normally work 7-8 hours a day, but so far every day has been a 10-hour day. I am looking forward to a day off ๐Ÿ™‚

30 jenna December 22, 2009 at 7:58 pm

that is exactly what I am having for dinner to warm me up! Soup and grilled cheese!
Jenna

31 Ashley Jackson December 22, 2009 at 8:54 pm

That grilled cheese looks good…haven’t had that in a long time! There are more people at my office than I thought there would be this week…we were given half of Thursday off, though, and I’m guessing it’s going to be really empty Thursday morning!

32 Brittany December 22, 2009 at 10:05 pm

Per the usual, we are twins and my office is empty too. Especially yesterday with all the snow. Only 4 people showed up (including myself). Enjoy the lax and short week!

33 Emily December 22, 2009 at 10:23 pm

As a violin teacher, I just finished my last student. I’m on vacation!!!

34 Emily December 22, 2009 at 10:49 pm

Maddie is so cute (even if she is naughty, hehee).

Glad your knee is healing, Meghann!

35 Kristen December 22, 2009 at 10:59 pm

LOVE me some grilled cheese with tomato soup ๐Ÿ™‚

Yes, I’m working this week, traffic has been much calmer, thank goodness! Although I work less than 2 miles from the biggest mall in Atlanta, so the commute home hasn’t been so good. I’m working thru lunchtime on Christmas Eve, but off ALL of Next week, cannot wait!!!

36 Christy December 23, 2009 at 12:27 am

Wow your knee looks so much better… isn’t the body such an amazing machine?! ๐Ÿ™‚

37 Amber@theminimalistdiaries December 23, 2009 at 3:49 pm

My office is a dead zone! I am hoping to get out at 3 today but we’re a Development office so we are getting year end gifts right up until the night of the 31st. I’m listening to some xmas carols to get me in the spirit ๐Ÿ™‚