Baby Its Cold Outside

by Meghann on December 22, 2009

Brrrr…..

I am freezing this morning!

The temps have temporarily dropped around here (we should be back in the 70s by Christmas) and I have been desperately seeking warmth all morning.  I don’t know how all of you northerner do it! It gets to the 40s around here and I struggle to get out of my warm, comfy bed!

I stalled on heading out on my run this morning by taking my time layering up and sipping on a hot cup of water. The hot water helped a lot, I see that as a new tradition before cold runs. 🙂

Actually running the 4 miles wasn’t nearly as bad as contemplating running them. Once I was outside and running in full force I immediately began to warm up and was glad I was out there running.

And if Santa is still out there wondering what to get me for Christmas *cough* *cough* I could really use a headband to keep my ears warm on cold runs *cough* *cough*. 😉

Smart Meghann would have came home and had a HOT breakfast on a cold morning, but impatient Meghan threw together an easy bowl of cold cereal.

IMG_3482

Brrrr….

• 1/2 cup Quaker Oatmeal Squares
  • 1/2 cup Kashi Go Lean
  • 1/4 cup Pumpkin Spice Granola
  • Pumpkin Yogurt
  • 1/2 Apple

IMG_3478

It may have had my teeth chattering, but it was oh so good. 😉

Right now I feel like my head is going to explode contemplating all the last minute details I have to do before I head to my parent’s house tomorrow. I know I should be concentrating on actual work, but right now all I can think about is what I need to pack, what I need to make, and where its all going to go in my car.

Ahhhhh!!!!

1 amanda @ fake ginger December 22, 2009 at 9:43 am

The cereal looks delicious. I’m glad you had a good run even if it was a little cold.

2 Meg C. December 22, 2009 at 9:53 am

i’m jealous of your 40 degree runs. we have a foot of snow and it’s 15 degrees in the AM. no morning runs for us…

3 Amanda December 22, 2009 at 10:04 am

It was 5 degrees when I went for my run this morning! I have a hard time running in warm temps so you have that one over on my!

4 caitsplate December 22, 2009 at 10:15 am

I wish it were 40 degrees here! While running on black ice the other morning I seriously thought to myself “wow. i wish i lived in FL right now” haha.

5 megan December 22, 2009 at 10:20 am

I just quit running in cold weather. 🙂 It gets to be snowy and cold here in Michigan and I switch to the gym. I would still run in 40 degree weather, but I agree it’s a little chilly and hard to get out there! ha, it was 40 degrees in the morning here in september I think! 🙂

6 Ali December 22, 2009 at 11:14 am

HAHAHAHA! I saw it was going to be 40 here the day after Christmas and got so freakin excited to run outside! It has been in the teens and 20’s lately and I ran outside once in that and the wind just killed me. 40 is warm to me right now! But since it is chilly most of the year in Boston, I always wonder how you guys do it in the heat like you do.

7 julia December 22, 2009 at 11:32 am

On Saturday it’s supposed to be a high of 42 and rainy (I’m in Boston) and I thought how that was “perfect” weather for a 10 miler!

That said, if it is in the 40s when I am in FL for the Disney half, I’ll be super disappointed!

8 Britt - Runnerbelle December 22, 2009 at 11:32 am

I just wish I had time to run outside when its actually daylight! I don’t mind the cold so much, its just the combination of icy/snowy streets combined with the darkness….. not the best combo.

9 Heather @ The Joyful Kitchen December 22, 2009 at 11:58 am

Oh man, that’s no fun being cold! At least you’ll be back in the 70s soon! And, even though you had cold cereal, it looked yummy!

10 meyergirl December 22, 2009 at 11:58 am

It’s been down to the 20’s here lately. I won’t be running outside any time soon.

11 Melissa December 22, 2009 at 11:58 am

No sympathy from me on the weather lol! Try feels like -5! haha

I can’t believe your marathon is a mere weeks away, how exciting! I just bestowed you with the beautiful blogger award, details here http://fitnessnyc.wordpress.com/2009/12/22/3806/

12 Sonja @ ActiveFoodie December 22, 2009 at 12:04 pm

I am with you with the cold mornings! I always drink a hot cup of herbal tea before I run on a cold morning to warm myself up, works like a charm!! I also wear a turtle fun headband and gloves to keep my ears and hands warm. (I love my turtle fur headband BTW 😉 ) Now I just need to find something to keep my nose warm!!

13 Megan December 22, 2009 at 12:08 pm

I got a great great running hat at target (it’s champion). It even has a ponytail hole!!!! 12 dollars!

14 Molly December 22, 2009 at 12:08 pm

I would kill for 40 degrees! I havent seen anything over 20 degrees in weeks now!

15 Jamie December 22, 2009 at 12:12 pm

The 40s sounds so warm right now!! I think I need to move down to Florida in my near future. It is already getting so hard to get out of bed in NY and it is only December… oh god… I am scared for the real winter in the next couple months.

I really admire how you can just get up and out of bed almost every morning for a run. You are so consistently healthy… I love it!

16 skinnyrunner December 22, 2009 at 12:19 pm

your breakfast looks like the perfect way to warm up after a cold run!

17 Danielle December 22, 2009 at 12:30 pm

I’m so jealous of your warm weather! I have a smart side and an impatient side too…impatient always wins.

18 Anne Marie@New Weigh of Life December 22, 2009 at 1:00 pm

I love your bowl-it’s so pretty!

19 rebecca lustig December 22, 2009 at 1:08 pm

Hah, I love how you’re looking forward to 70 degree weather! I could only hope for such a miracle, hehe

20 Chelsea December 22, 2009 at 1:25 pm

Great job on the run. How is your knee holding up?

21 Sweet and Fit December 22, 2009 at 1:28 pm

stay warm! get yourself some nice hot tea!

22 inmytummy December 22, 2009 at 2:08 pm

I went to college in Vermont, but have lived in Georgia for the past seven years. I get cold when it’s in the 40s too. People always ask me how I survived Vermont. My blood thinned?

23 jenngirl December 22, 2009 at 4:13 pm

I have loved reading about all of the Florida temperatures! It must be nice to be able to go out for a morning run year-round (and I’m from Mississippi) 😉 Glad to hear more suitable weather is headed back your way.

Good luck getting everything done today, I’m sure it will be fine! 🙂

24 jenna December 22, 2009 at 7:56 pm

haha I know!! It is brutal up here in the winter up here in the north east!! Ha
Jenna