Office Visitors

by Meghann on December 21, 2009

Look who came to visit me at the office today

IMG_3431

My lovely sister, Kelly, and twin brother, Josh, just happened to be in town doing a little Christmas shopping and decided to swing by and check out my work digs before heading to lunch together.

I was listing all the good places to eat around my work and when I mentioned Infusion Tea Kelly’s interest perked. She had never been before and was dying to try it. Even though I had just dined at Infusion Tea on Saturday, I had no problem going back today for lunch. πŸ™‚

IMG_3433

IMG_3434

I began with the iced tea of the day

IMG_3435

I decided to be a little adventurous with my meal and ordered the perogie

IMG_3438

The perogi was a little different then I was expecting.  I always imagine perogies as a potato based ravioli, but this was more like a calzone stuffed with spinach and cheese .

IMG_3439

Served with a simple side salad

IMG_3440

I was envious of Kelly’s chili πŸ™‚

IMG_3442

IMG_3443

When I got back to the office I raided the front desk’s candy stash for a sweet after lunch treat.

IMG_3445

My chocolate orange had an Operation Beautiful message for me.

IMG_3446

Before I lunch I snacked on a serving of peanut butter filled pretzels

IMG_3430

Sad News…

On Friday Nature Made announced the Good Mood Blogger and sadly I was not it. πŸ™

Thanks again for all of your support on my campaign journey.

Fancy title or not I will always be a good mood blogger in my heart. πŸ™‚

1 Nicci@NiftyEats December 21, 2009 at 2:41 pm

Great lunch, I love Office Visitors too.

2 thefitbride December 21, 2009 at 2:43 pm

I am seriously envious of your office candy dish. We have green lifesavers in ours. Lame.

3 Megan December 21, 2009 at 2:45 pm

That’s sooo fun!! I work in the Bronx so never ever get people “in the neighborhood”! I can’t believe you have a twin!! Did you used to have any weird twin languages or anything when you were little???

4 Jenna December 21, 2009 at 2:47 pm

aww its ok meghann! you are still a good mood blogger to me πŸ˜‰
infusion tea looks great and it kind of reminds me a bit like panera bread!
but sadly we don’t have any around where i live!
but the next time i go to FL i need to go to all these yummy restaurants you have been too! i am super jealous πŸ™‚
jenna

5 caitlin December 21, 2009 at 3:12 pm

really glad i did not order the perogie on sunday – that’s not what they are suppose to look like!

like the chocolate!!

6 megan December 21, 2009 at 3:13 pm

sorry about the good mood blogger. πŸ™ but maybe that means there’s something even bigger around the corner!

lunchtime office visits are so fun. i wish someone would come visit me and take me out to lunch πŸ™‚

7 Kristine December 21, 2009 at 3:29 pm

That perogie looks awesome!! I’ve never had one, but now I want to try

8 VeggieGirl December 21, 2009 at 3:38 pm

Hooray for Kelly stopping by!

9 Andrea December 21, 2009 at 3:40 pm

I’m sorry you did not win, but you had a ton of people voting which shows just how many people read your blog and think you are great, that is cool being in a voting contest online currently I know how nice it is to see people support you.

10 Naomi(onefitfoodie) December 21, 2009 at 3:42 pm

how fun of your sis and brother to come visit you at work!! Lunch looks fabulous too πŸ™‚

I am so sorry you didn’t win but your blog freakin ROCKS and you have so many people that LOVE you dearly,keep up the awesome work girl πŸ™‚

11 Heather @ The Joyful Kitchen December 21, 2009 at 4:16 pm

You’re blog is amazing and puts ME in a good mood! Keep up the great work!

12 brandi December 21, 2009 at 4:21 pm

what a fun lunch!

sorry about the Good Mood gig! πŸ™ I’m sure another awesome opportunity will show up πŸ™‚

13 Marcie December 21, 2009 at 4:28 pm

I voted for you EVERY day, Nature Made is missing out!

14 Chelsea December 21, 2009 at 4:36 pm

That looks like a piroshki to me: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piroshki not a pierogi: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierogi both are delish but VERY different!

You sister’s eyes are beautiful!!! And I love that you have a twin πŸ™‚

15 Evan Thomas December 21, 2009 at 4:38 pm

You’re definitely one of the best mooded persons of the blogs I read! πŸ™‚

16 Laura Georgina December 21, 2009 at 4:49 pm

What lovely office visitors to get! Don’t worry, Nature Made or not, you are a good mood princess πŸ™‚

17 j December 21, 2009 at 4:52 pm

Am I the only one who thinks your sister looks A LOT like Caitlin from htp?
Every time I see a picture of your sister I think how similar they look!

18 Erin December 21, 2009 at 4:58 pm

Aw, I’m sorry you didn’t make it. On to bigger and better things! πŸ˜€

19 weightwatchersforone December 21, 2009 at 5:01 pm

what a fun way to break up the work day!

sorry about not getting the good mood gig but you truly are always a good mood blogger anyways!

20 Lisa (bakebikeblog) December 21, 2009 at 5:04 pm

ooooh I wish we had an Infusion Tea in Australia – it looks amazing πŸ™‚

21 Karla December 21, 2009 at 5:09 pm

I’m sorry you didn’t win! But you’re still one of the happiest bloggers I know and have a happy family to back you up!

22 Ali December 21, 2009 at 5:27 pm

I seriously love when family or friends meet me at work to go to lunch! Such a fun way to break up the day!

So sorry about the good mood blogger job! BOOOOOO! At least you have put a positive spin on it! Your posts always out me in a good mood πŸ™‚

23 mayapamela December 21, 2009 at 6:02 pm

I’m sorry to hear you didn’t win! I voted for you every day, you definitely had a lot of support! Other opportunities will come around.

24 Babycakes December 21, 2009 at 6:03 pm

aww Meghann, I’m sorry you didn’t win the Good Mood Blogger. I voted for you everyday and was really hoping you’d make it. But like you hinted at, you don’t need to win a contest to know how awesome you are!
Always good to see Kelly in your pics. I miss her blog! I also keep forgetting you have a twin bro – so cool!

25 Danielle December 21, 2009 at 7:29 pm

I’m sorry you didn’t win πŸ™ But when one door closes another one opens πŸ™‚

26 allie December 21, 2009 at 8:42 pm

you’re still a good mood blogger- who needs the title anyway… nice that you got to enjoy lunch with your brother and sister. are you the other half of the twin or your sister?

27 meyergirl December 21, 2009 at 11:09 pm

That’s awesome about the “OB” message on your chocolate.

28 Amanda @ Cakes and Ale December 22, 2009 at 10:44 am

I am OBSESSED with eggnog ice cream right now. I had some last night and it was all I could do to not go back to the carton, spoon in hand and do some serious damage! Good stuff…