more ยป" />

Wiped

by Meghann on December 20, 2009

I slept in until 9:00 am this morning! Can you believe it?

20 mile run + no nap + 3 hour drive to Tampa (Damn you traffic!!) + staying out past my bedtime = one wiped Meghann!

Traffic from Orlando to Tampa yesterday was AWFUL! I don’t know whose idea it was to close off two lanes of I4 in downtown Orlando on a Saturday afternoon after for construction, but I am NOT very happy with that person. ๐Ÿ™

It took me an hour just to get through Orlando. Needless to say, I was a bit cranky on the drive. Being stuck in the car was not how my legs wanted to spend their post – 20 miler day.

I brought a bag of cherries to nibble on during the drive

And had to stop at a Starbucks for a much needed pick me up

Grande Non-Fat Awake Tea Misto with one pump of peppermint. It was a very festive drink. ๐Ÿ™‚

By the time I actually made it to Tampa I was STARVING! I told Derek I was in the mood for something ethnic and he took me to a hole in the wall Thai restaurant he had went to with some co-workers the other week.

I ordered the Thai Indian Curry with Tofu spicy level 1 (should have ordered level 2 ๐Ÿ˜‰ )

I was sad they were out of brown rice, but settled with the white

I ate the whole curry dish with about 1/2 the rice.

I also stole a couple of bites of Derek’s cashew chicken. ๐Ÿ™‚

We headed to one of Derek’s co-workers house for a holiday party and for the first time I was too shy to break out my camera in front of a bunch of strangers I didn’t know. Derek even dared me to break out the camera, but I clammed up and couldn’t do it!

I am usually a very out going person who doesn’t care what other people think, but every once in a while I get in a room of people I don’t know and I turn into a shy, quiet little girl. I think the fact that I was beyond exhausted at this point also contributed to my shyness.

We only stayed for a couple of hours before setting out on a mission to find a frozen yogurt place that was opened after 10:00.

We settled on Ritas where I ordered a combination of vanillia ice and coffee frozen custard.

Blah. It was ok. Ritas has NOTHING on Jeremiahs back home. I just wasn’t impressed at all.

I crashed as soon as we got back enjoyed over 9 hours of sleeping bliss. Derek was even sweet enough to take Maddie out at 6:00 am when she started begging to use the potty. Thanks Derek!

He even made me breakfast!

1/2 an everything bagel topped with strawberry jelly and egg whites

apple slices

pumpkin coconut chocolate chip bar I made Friday night (x2)

I’ve decided these bars weren’t up to par to bring to the party last night, but they’re great for nibbling on at home. ๐Ÿ™‚

WIsh Derek and I luck as we brave the malls today for last minute Christmas shopping!

Happy Sunday!

1 Meg C. December 20, 2009 at 11:30 am

man, doing ANYTHING after a 20 mile run seems like it would be a challenge to me! I’d probably just want to lie on the couch for a couple of hours.

last time I was in NYC I went on a short 5 miler in the morning but after walking around the entire rest of the day my legs were WIPED.

sometimes it’s hard to run and do regular life stuff!

2 Evan Thomas December 20, 2009 at 11:30 am

I have the problem where I often order things too spicy; I think my palate can handle anything but then WOW.

3 amanda @ fake ginger December 20, 2009 at 11:31 am

The Thai food looks so good. I wish my husband liked food like that.

4 Erica December 20, 2009 at 11:35 am

Hey Meghann! How are you? I don’t know if I told you yet, but I like the new layout. Its very classy. Great job on the run yesterday and sorry to hear about the traffic. At least you had that sweet man of yours to look forward to! Love that he made you up a delicious breakfast. Good luck with shopping today

5 Lily @ Lily's Health Pad December 20, 2009 at 11:47 am

I’m impressed that you were out and about after your 20 mile run. I felt pretty sick after mine and did nothing but lay on the couch!

6 kbwood December 20, 2009 at 11:49 am

have fun at the malls today love!! i totally agree-ritas is NOTHING special..not my fav

7 Courtney December 20, 2009 at 12:04 pm

Cherries were probably the perfect post run snack…I’ve read that they can help with recovery/inflammation from activity. And they are tasty!!!
Good luck shopping!
Courtney
adventures in tri-ing

8 Nicci December 20, 2009 at 12:12 pm

Good luck with the last minute shopping!

9 Erin December 20, 2009 at 12:34 pm

Eesh, good luck at the mall! I’m thankful we’re snowed in here so I don’t have to leave the house ๐Ÿ˜‰

Sometimes whipping out the camera is awkward! I haven’t done it often so I give you credit for blogging about so many things! And Rita’s water ice is way better than their ice cream.

10 Rosey Rebecca December 20, 2009 at 12:35 pm

I hate traffic! Glad you had a good dinner though! ๐Ÿ™‚ Have fun at the mall!

11 Brittany December 20, 2009 at 12:42 pm

I love Thai food!! It’s a shame you didn’t get any pictures at the holiday party but occasionally I’m the same way about taking photos of the food. Sometimes I just don’t feel like it explaining to everyone, ya know!

Have fun shopping!

12 Naomi(onefitfoodie) December 20, 2009 at 12:43 pm

congrats on that run girl!! awesome job…have fun at the mall, hopefully it wont be too packed today! love the foam sticking out of the sbux cup! ๐Ÿ™‚

13 skinnyrunner December 20, 2009 at 12:48 pm

sounds like a good way to start today! have fun shopping!

14 Deva (Voracious Vorilee) December 20, 2009 at 12:55 pm

Good luck shopping – love that Derek made you breakfast – yum! The Boy and I are doing last-minute shopping today, too – I worry about fighting crowds – eep!

15 Erin December 20, 2009 at 1:29 pm

Enjoy shopping! I was planning to finish Christmas shopping this weekend but DC has shut down because of the blizzard — hopefully things clear out in the next few days. ๐Ÿ™‚

16 strawberrysuitcase December 20, 2009 at 1:48 pm

driving in traffic must’ve been awful with your legs just itching for a walk. starbucks stops are always essential for travel days. glad you had fun with your boy–thai food + yogurt = awesome!

17 weightwatchersforone December 20, 2009 at 1:57 pm

have fun at the mall today ๐Ÿ™‚ even though the crowds will be crazy i am sure it will be fun to be out and about christmas shopping!

ugh, that sucks about the traffic, i would have been a very grumpy girl if that were me!

18 Jenna December 20, 2009 at 2:14 pm

aww derek is so cute for making your breaky!
jenna

19 Karla December 20, 2009 at 2:28 pm

How nice that he made you breakfast!
Good luck at the malls!

20 Heather @ The Joyful Kitchen December 20, 2009 at 11:25 pm

Oh holy moly, that frozen yogurt looks INSANE! Might be a little jealous ๐Ÿ™‚

21 Sam December 20, 2009 at 11:56 pm

Hey Megann I’m in the process of making a blog. I was just wondering, because I know you use a mac like I do, can you upload photos right from your camera to the blog or do you have to put them in iphoto first?

22 Meghann December 21, 2009 at 6:43 am

I just upload to iphoto – its really the easiest way to do it. It takes some time but you’ll learn to love the ease of iphoto. ๐Ÿ™‚

23 Chelsea December 21, 2009 at 12:42 am

Those egg whites look like whipped cream ๐Ÿ™‚ Did you attempt an ice bath after the run? They help. I have a friend who takes them while her husband uses a blow dryer on her face-how cute is that?

How’s your knee?

24 Meghann December 21, 2009 at 6:44 am

No ice bath for me – I didn’t even have time if i wanted to! lol.

My knee is a little bruised, but feels great. ๐Ÿ™‚