Spicy!

by Meghann on December 18, 2009

My mouth was on fire this morning!

IMG_3220

I had to down 3 full cups of ice water and chew on two pieces of gum before the heat even attempted to go away.

The culprit? This Thai Soup a co-worker brought in for us to try.

IMG_3211

Why so spicy? I believe it was the ghost chili pepper he used while making it!

IMG_3213

Ay Carumba!

This had to be the spiciest soup I have ever tasted. One co-worker said it would put ‘hair on my chest.’ I’m not sure about my chest, but my tongue feels a little hairy now. 😉

I only had a couple of bites of the soup before having to give up. But boy did those three cups of water sure filled me up afterwards. I felt like I would bust sitting at my desk. It also made for a lot of potty breaks all morning.

I had to run a few errands during my lunch break and ended up just eating at my desk afterwards.

IMG_3223

My lunch in a bag consisted of:

Left over butternut squash and pear soup.

IMG_3228

Swiss cheese and spinach sandwich

IMG_3231

and one of Melissa’s M&M oatmeal bars

IMG_3232

^Best part of my meal 🙂

Have I ever mentioned that I have the best boss ever? Because I do!

Check out what she gave me for Christmas this year..

IMG_3222

A Track Shack Gift Certificate!!!

Best. Gift. Ever.

Thanks Shelley!!!

Do you get your boss a Christmas gift each year? Does he/she give you one?

1 thefitbride December 18, 2009 at 2:11 pm

This is my first year at my job, but my boss went on vacation last week so I’m assuming no. I brought a big tray of holiday baking for my co-workers today, though.

2 Chrysta December 18, 2009 at 2:12 pm

whew! you are brave!! i absolutely love chilies but Im a bit scared of Ghost chilis. hehe. Thats such an awesome gift your boss gave you! Very cool! I hope your having a wonderful day. Oh by the way..(Milk or dairy is a good way to counteract the heat from the chili. Theres an acid in dairy that counteracts the capsicum in the chilies=) Good luck!!

3 Kristine December 18, 2009 at 2:15 pm

what a sweet gift! I’m in graduate school, so don’t have a boss. My clinical supervisor gave us all a baggie of chocolate covered pretzels though. They were yummy!

4 Evan Thomas December 18, 2009 at 2:24 pm

Silly question, what’s a track shack?

5 Meghann December 18, 2009 at 2:27 pm

Its the local running store. 🙂

6 meyergirl December 18, 2009 at 2:33 pm

I’ve never given a boss a Christmas present. Usually we do the white elephant game.

7 VeggieGirl December 18, 2009 at 2:38 pm

Looove spice! 🙂

8 Matt December 18, 2009 at 2:39 pm

That is pretty much the perfect gift for you 🙂

9 amanda @ fake ginger December 18, 2009 at 2:41 pm

Love that first picture! I’m such a wimp when it comes to spicy food.

I’m a stay-at-home mom so my “bosses” are a 2 year old and a 1 month old. And yes, I’m definitely buying them presents. 😉

10 madisonruns December 18, 2009 at 2:46 pm

Great gift! My boss gave everyone a $20 gift certificate to Dick’s sporting goods. I’ll take it!

11 Deirdre December 18, 2009 at 2:55 pm

I don’t give my bosses gift because we’re not supposed to gift up. My main boss who is the head partner gives me and my two co-workers a Godiva basket to share. The other partner in my group always gives us significant AMEx giftcards. And all the attorneys in the whole firm pitch in to give each legal assistant some sort of gift card. I feel very fortunate.

12 Cait (Cait's Plate) December 18, 2009 at 2:57 pm

Oh my gosh – that oatmeal bar looks AMAZING. Why do m&ms in baked goods make everything so much more delectable looking? Haha.

YAY for the Track Shack! That’s so fun! 🙂

13 Anne Marie@ New Weigh of Life December 18, 2009 at 3:08 pm

I love spicy stuff, but the soup sounds way too spicy!

14 Biochemísta December 18, 2009 at 3:13 pm

Hi!! Just stopping by…came across your site and I love it!

15 greensandjeans December 18, 2009 at 3:13 pm

I usually give my bosses baked goods, this year is no different! It sounds like you have one AWESOME boss! What a great present!

16 rd2b December 18, 2009 at 3:26 pm

I gave my boss an iTunes gift card this year. I debated whether or not to give him a gift (this is my first “real world” job) but decided to go ahead since he’s been really helpful to me in my first few months!

17 Chelsea December 18, 2009 at 3:30 pm

I gave my boss some homemade pumpkin butter and she gave me $25 to Bevmo-YES PLEASE!

18 Rosey Rebecca December 18, 2009 at 3:37 pm

My old office job used to give us huge boxes of Lindt Chocolate. They’d last me for months!

19 Molly December 18, 2009 at 3:40 pm

I got a gift card to caribou coffee today! Cant wait to use it!

20 Kristie Lynn December 18, 2009 at 3:46 pm

Love the new header Meghann!

21 Karla December 18, 2009 at 4:57 pm

I love spicy food!
Are you usually a spicy food eater? Looks tasty!

22 Laura Georgina December 18, 2009 at 5:34 pm

My old boss used to bring me gorgeous pashminas and funky wrap skirts from his regular travels to India and Sri Lanka–he always picked the brightest stuff and figured I’d wear it, and he was always right!

That Thai soup would be perfect for the cold weather, as would yours…

23 Jul December 18, 2009 at 5:43 pm

Oh my gosh! I just ran my first 10k, too! And from the looks of Alex’s race bib, we ran the same one! And I am signing up for the same 8k… hey Alex, if you’re reading this, are you looking for a running buddy by any chance? 🙂

-Jul

24 Jul December 18, 2009 at 5:48 pm

Oops, um, I just posted my comment in the wrong blog! (Google reader, multiple tabs open in Firefox, massive embarrassment)… I’m so sorry!

But I will echo the above comments and say, MAN that must have been some soup!!

25 Erin December 18, 2009 at 6:03 pm

That soup sounds delicious (but spicy!!). Thai food is the best — it was definitely the highlight of my vacation in Thailand earlier this year. 🙂

26 Laura @ Backstage Pass to Health & Happiness December 18, 2009 at 7:07 pm

I dig the new banner (it’s much more “Meghann!”) and think the new title has potential! Would you get runningmachine.com?

27 Kelsey December 18, 2009 at 7:40 pm

thats an awesome gift!!! when i worked at a horse barn (for nearly 4 years! ahhh!) my boss always gave me tons of hand warmers and a Target gift card. which was always pretty awesome :]
love the new look of the blog!

28 inmytummy December 18, 2009 at 8:36 pm

Do you ever watch the show Man vs. Food? He’s done some challenges with ghost chilis.

We always get our bosses stuff and they get us stuff in return. I got some cash from one and then some perfume from the other.

29 a December 18, 2009 at 8:41 pm

I’ve never given my boss a present but any boss I’ve ever had , I’ve never been in the same room with . Only communicated through email and telephone lol.

30 allisonisactive December 18, 2009 at 9:54 pm

I never did gifts to/from my principal at my last school. My new principal wrote me a nice card, and it was filled with five scratch-off lottery cards! 🙂 I didn’t win anything, but reading her comments inside the card made me feel appreciated.

31 Shannon (The Daily Balance) December 18, 2009 at 10:23 pm

I get my boss a gift and vice versa — i love GIVING gifts and receiving one makes me feel appreciated 😉

32 Jessica December 19, 2009 at 12:17 am

LOL – next time try something dairy based (milk, sour cream, yogurt, etc) and it will take the spice out of your mouth 🙂