ICE!

by Meghann on December 18, 2009

In Florida we may not have snow, but we do have ICE!

Every December Gaylord Palms transplants nearly two million pounds of ice to the central Florida area and transforms their ballrooms into an interactive hand-carved wonderland of ice. πŸ™‚

This is the seventh year of the exhibit, but my first of actually seeing it in person.

After work I met a group of friends at ICE! to see what all the fuss was about.

We were given big parkas to keep us warm.

IMG_3014.JPG IMG_3017.JPG

It was just 9 degrees inside. Brrrr…..

Everything was fantastic.

IMG_3038.JPG IMG_3040.JPG

So colorful & beautiful.

IMG_3083.JPG IMG_3093.JPG

Even the stairs were made of Ice!!

The best part? The slide at the end!

Me

IMG_3131.JPGIMG_3133.JPGIMG_3134.JPG

Jessica

IMG_3138.JPGIMG_3139.JPGIMG_3140.JPG

Christie

IMG_3143.JPGIMG_3144.JPGIMG_3146.JPG

Kelly

IMG_3147.JPGIMG_3148.JPGIMG_3150.JPG

It really was quite an experience!

We were smart and went on a a week night when there was a smaller crowd. Apparently over the weekends the wait to get inside could be up to several hours long! Yikes!

If you are in the Orlando area I would suggest checking ICE! out! πŸ™‚

After our ICE! adventure, we followed the signs to Hot Chocolate in an effort to warm up.

The cups were free, but itty bitty.

It also wasn’t very warm. I had two sips before dumping the rest out. Not very warm.

Yay Christmas!

Backing up to this afternoon…

I snacked on a granola bar from a race swag bag at my desk.

I’ve tried the strawberry version of this bar before and wasn’t a fan. This one was much better and one I would happily purchase again. πŸ™‚

Before I met my friends I had a quick dinner.

Heated up left over 15 Bean Soup.

The very last of my Pumpkin Cornbread. πŸ™ So sad its all gone!

I also received my Blogger Secret Santa gift from Naomi (OneFitFoodie)

She sent me lots of wonderful edible goodies!

I can’t wait to try this hot cocoa mix in Colorado!

The packaged included this beautiful marshmallow covered chocolate chip cookie.

Holy cow!

I had a slice after ICE!

Wow! This baby was good. πŸ™‚

Thanks Naomi!

I hope to get my Blogger Secret Santa Gift our tomorrow as well as a few other food themed packages.

Aren’t these holiday boxes great? I picked them up form JoAnn Fabric’s last week for 60% off!

Thank you for all your wonderful feedback about my new lay out and header. I loved hearing what all you had to say and am looking forward to taking alot of your advice as I continue to make my tweaks to the lay out and theme.

Its waayyyy past my bedtime.

Good Night!

1 meyergirl December 18, 2009 at 1:20 am

The ice show looks like a blast! When we get ice here its not quite that pretty LOL!

2 Melissa S. December 18, 2009 at 1:39 am

omg i need to take you with me back to australia…there’s an ice bar that is absolutely AWESOME!!! you wear the big parkas like that too!

3 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) December 18, 2009 at 2:03 am

Ahhh you went somewhere to experience cold!?!? Come to my house!!! Haha it does look like a blast though and I would probably brave the cold just to check it out.

4 Chelsea December 18, 2009 at 2:15 am

Wow that’s cool!!!!

5 Naomi(onefitfoodie) December 18, 2009 at 7:24 am

that ice show is awesome!!!

so glad you got the package and liked it! I wanted to try a piece of the cake so baddddd, πŸ˜‰ I will surely be making another one!!

6 VeggieGirl December 18, 2009 at 8:25 am

What a great event!

7 Morgan @ Life After Bagels December 18, 2009 at 8:54 am

Sounds like fun . . . well fun for you when it’s new and cool . . . I don’t think it would have been fun for me since I get to experience the ice every day right now

8 amanda @ fake ginger December 18, 2009 at 8:58 am

That is so cool! I saw an ice castle once in Vermont but it was nothing like that.

I’m so glad your cornbread is gone. I’m tired of leaving your blog wishing I had some. πŸ˜‰

9 Deva (Voracious Vorilee) December 18, 2009 at 9:06 am

That ice show looks awesome – so much creativity πŸ™‚

10 Elina December 18, 2009 at 9:23 am

Wow, that place looks fabulous!! It’s 11* outside in Boston now. Where is my parka πŸ˜‰
Check out my somersaults giveaway when you get a chance! πŸ˜€

11 Anne @ the doctor takes a wife December 18, 2009 at 9:32 am

The have an ice exhibit in Dallas at the gaylord Texan resort and hubby and I are going tomorrow!! Check out my blog this weekend for a recap– it’s grinch themed this year!!

12 Erin December 18, 2009 at 9:32 am

ICE! was here in DC, too, but the idea of spending time in the freezing cold indoors when it’s already absolutely freezing OUTdoors wasn’t appealing. πŸ˜‰

13 brittnh December 18, 2009 at 9:33 am

Its about 9 degrees outside here right now, however there is also a good breeze. Brrr…. That is pretty cool (no pun intended) that they do that though!

14 rebecca lustig December 18, 2009 at 9:52 am

Wow you are so loved, its’a beautiful thing.

And that ice wonderland looks so enchanting and elegant. Simply beautiful.

15 Paula December 18, 2009 at 10:06 am

Geez, good thing they told you not to lick the ice! LOL That’s too funny.

16 Christy December 18, 2009 at 10:21 am

Haha, I love the sign that says “no licking…” that’d be both gross & funny.

17 RunToTheFinish December 18, 2009 at 10:22 am

ohhh maybe we’ll do that too next weekend!! So funny I just posted about that Nature crop bar today

18 Anne Marie@ New Weigh of Life December 18, 2009 at 10:31 am

How cool!!!

19 Meg @ Be Fit Be Full December 18, 2009 at 11:14 am

You are always doing such fun things! I’m jealous!

20 Megan December 18, 2009 at 11:31 am

For some reason that sign that says please do not lick touch or sit on the ice CRACKS me up. I would love to have that sign hanging in my apt. I’m giggling just thinking about it.

21 hopefulrunner December 18, 2009 at 12:15 pm

I think that “Inner Workings of a Running Machine” is a great name!

22 Nicci@NiftyEats December 18, 2009 at 12:53 pm

I love this header more than the last one. It’s always fun playign around with new headers. I went to the Gaylord in Grapevine last year. I heard it was Dr. Seus theme this year. The slide is so much fun.

23 caronae December 18, 2009 at 1:04 pm

I LOVE the seals πŸ™‚

24 Ali December 18, 2009 at 1:16 pm

I like the idea of Running Machine instead of “College Graduate” as time goes by and you are further away from the time you graduated college it may seem less relevant, but I have a feeling you will ALWAYS be a running machine! πŸ˜‰

Good luck with the change over/new look !

25 heatherj77 December 18, 2009 at 1:44 pm

I like the β€˜The Inner Workings of a Running Machine’ as a title for the blog! As you move away from the graduation date of school, the blog can evolve – a perfect title for your life now!

26 Rachael December 18, 2009 at 5:09 pm

ICE! looks SO amazing…the best part looks like the slide at the end! I wish there was something like that in Philly.