more ยป" />

Motivation

by Meghann on December 17, 2009

Its Thursday!! The weekend is almost here โ€“ just a little bit longer now! ๐Ÿ™‚

I didnโ€™t end up going to bed until late last night, which meant when my alarm went off at 5:15 I wasnโ€™t ready for it. I pressed snooze a couple of times, but I knew if I wanted to get my mileage in for the week the window for my 6 miler was quickly passing.

I eventually dragged myself out of bed and once I actually got moving the 6 miles was a breeze.

I always get the question of how I stay motivated to wake up and run each morning and honestly right now training for my marathon is my highest motivation. Yesterday I was updating my mileage sheet and seeing all the week totals right in front of me was double motivation to drag myself out of bed.

Once I have a goal I am pretty thickheaded on achieving it. If it means dragging myself out of bed, then so be it. ๐Ÿ™‚

Breakfast was on my mind during my run and the idea of creating my own pumpkin yogurt was at the forefront.

IMG_2847

I mixed together one container of vanilla oikos with the last of a can of pumpkin and some pumpkin spice.

IMG_2850

The results were delicious! Just what I was picturing in my head. ๐Ÿ™‚ For those of you who were unable to discover Stonyfieldโ€™s Pumpkin Yogurt then I would suggest giving this diy version a try.

The pumpkin yogurt was a great topping to my cereal this morning

IMG_2863

• 1/2 cup Kashi Go Lean Crunch
  • 1 cup Kashi H2H Warm Cinnamon
  • Pumpkin Yogurt
  • Raisins
  • 1/2 Apple

It was a fall themed breakfast to go with the lovely fall themed weather we are having outside.

IMG_2857

Are you a goal minded person? Do you create plans or do you play it by ear?

1 prettytimepiece December 17, 2009 at 10:52 am

your motivation is motivating ๐Ÿ™‚ wish I was more like that!

<3 pumpkin pie!! gotta try that yogurt version. have a fun thursday, meghann ๐Ÿ™‚

2 megzzwinsatlife December 17, 2009 at 10:56 am

Your breakfast looks soo good!! I need to buy more pumpkin asap!

3 Christy December 17, 2009 at 10:58 am

I’m the same way with goals, once I set one in my head, I can’t ignore it and always what to achieve it! Sometimes good, sometimes not so good ๐Ÿ˜› And I’m a “planner” all the way!!!

4 Evan Thomas December 17, 2009 at 11:03 am

I always have a plan and a list for everything.
I like making pumpkin yogurt that way, too. It’s really good with a little cinnamon and a harvest spice granola bar crumbled on top

5 Megan (The Runner's Kitchen) December 17, 2009 at 11:05 am

I think motivation feeds on itself – once I start achieving things, I want to keep up the momentum!

That pumpkin yogurt looks like such a good idea. The Stoneyfield variety was a little too sweet for me, so I’ll have to give your version a try.

6 Haleigh December 17, 2009 at 11:10 am

you should try the stonyfield pumpkin pie yogurt, its amazing.

7 Rosey Rebecca December 17, 2009 at 11:13 am

I’m very goal-minded. It’s how I push myself to do most of the things I do!!
Reading this post was motivating in itself. ๐Ÿ™‚

8 Anne Marie@ New Weigh of Life December 17, 2009 at 11:13 am

I love making goals, but I find them hard to stick to sometimes!

9 Susan December 17, 2009 at 11:21 am

I love making pumpkin yog that way, I secretly think it’s better than Stonyfield’s stuff! Shhh…don’t tell!
I create plans all the time. For everything! But I’m trying to lean away from that because I find it stresses me out. Plus, the best things in life are unplanned!

10 rebecca lustig December 17, 2009 at 11:36 am

Oh I am SUCH a planner. Sometimes too much so.

Have a great day ๐Ÿ™‚

11 skinnyrunner December 17, 2009 at 11:40 am

i play it by ear but i plan out my races in advance. thats what keeps me motivated too!

12 savoringsarah December 17, 2009 at 11:49 am

That is exactly what I had planned for my leftover pumpkin, but when I pulled it out the other morning, it had gone moldy in the fridge ๐Ÿ™

13 meyergirl December 17, 2009 at 11:53 am

I’m not very good at getting up in the morning to exercise. I end up going at lunch or after work.

14 biz319 December 17, 2009 at 12:02 pm

I admire your dedication – I am so NOT a morning person! ๐Ÿ˜€

15 Ali December 17, 2009 at 12:11 pm

yummmmm!!! Pumpkin yogurt looks fantastic!

16 DiningAndDishing December 17, 2009 at 12:18 pm

I am not so well behaved as to get out of bed before work!! I am more of an evening exerciser because I hate waking up early…but as long as it’s done sometime, right??

– Beth @ http://www.DiningAndDishing.com

17 Erin December 17, 2009 at 12:29 pm

I am definitely a planner but now that it’s absolutely FREEZING here, it’s really hard to get the motivation to work out. I try to use the Wii Fit as much as possible and do workouts in my house because I hate the cold way too much to go for a run. :/

18 traci December 17, 2009 at 12:37 pm

Oh yes! Goals are huge for me. Like you once I set a goal I’m pretty much going to do what I need to do to get it done. I just completed a 30 Day Bikram Challenge. While some people in the challenge would take a day off and then do a double. I stuck to the way it was suppose to be. Once a day for 30 Days. No days off. Goal Achieved. Setting & Accomplishing goals feels so good!

19 nutritionbyeve December 17, 2009 at 12:52 pm

Such a great way to make the pumpkin yogurt yourself – and I bet the sugar is a lot less too!

20 caitsplate December 17, 2009 at 12:54 pm

oooh I like the new site! I’d been reading on google reader lately so I haven’t seen it, but it looks so nice! ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m DEFINITELY a goal-minded person…if I don’t have goals to reach for, I feel like I’m slacking off!

21 allisonisactive December 17, 2009 at 1:00 pm

Love the new design. ๐Ÿ™‚

I am extremely goal-oriented in my work life. In my personal live, I am way more relaxed!

22 Ashley December 17, 2009 at 1:06 pm

Love the new design — I had to look twice to make sure I’d typed the URL right, haha.
I’m very goal oriented, in everything from my fitness to work to personal lives!

23 Sarah (Shep) December 17, 2009 at 1:10 pm

i love the new layout!

24 Amy December 17, 2009 at 1:42 pm

Love the new design ๐Ÿ™‚ Also, that yogurt looks amazing. I was feeling very sad when I couldn’t find the stoneyfield pumpkin-pie flavor anywhere– but I’ll l;ook forward to giving this a try!

25 Kristine December 17, 2009 at 1:42 pm

I love the new layout! That is also a great idea to mix yogurt and pumpkin together. Yum!

26 Ashley December 17, 2009 at 1:49 pm

I love the new layout!!! And such a great idea for the pumpkin yogurt!

27 caseylynn81 December 17, 2009 at 1:53 pm

Love the new blog layout Meghann! ๐Ÿ™‚

28 amanda @ fake ginger December 17, 2009 at 2:10 pm

Oh yum, that looks delicious. I made some awesome (and totally unhealthy) pumpkin mousse awhile back and your yogurt looks just like it!

I can’t do lists when it comes to longterm goals. I feel too much pressure and end up giving up.

29 Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) December 17, 2009 at 2:17 pm

love the new layout!!!!

30 Kelly December 17, 2009 at 2:48 pm

I LOVE the new look for your blog. Very nice!! I also wanted to let you know that I read your blog every day for inspiration for dinners. You are very creative and actually have a meal most nights. I cook basically for myself. As a vegan it’s difficult to come up with interesting meals for one on the spur of the moment after working and commuting. You come up with the easiest and most creative meals. You inspire me to do better than a peanut butter sandwich when I’m rushed for time. Thanks for being a great example of how eating healthy doesn’t have to be all that time consuming or difficult.

31 Matt December 17, 2009 at 3:01 pm

People think I am an idiot for waking up at 5 AM to run during the week. It is really the only time I have to do it so I just suck it up. I love running so much that it isb’t that big of a deal. I am VERY goal orriented. If I focus on something, it will happen.

32 Jenny @ nutmegger December 17, 2009 at 3:26 pm

plan plan plan. if I lost my schedule I would be lost all around

33 Brynne December 17, 2009 at 6:05 pm

That looks soooo good! Might have to make it in the morning!

34 jenna December 17, 2009 at 7:45 pm

i am very goal minded! that yogurt creation is brilliant, you are soooo genious, you must admit it!

jenna

35 wnk505 December 17, 2009 at 8:38 pm

I love mixing pumpkin with my yogurt it is so good and very healthy.
I am def. a goal minded person. I have to make goals for myself all the time even if they are little. It makes me feel better about myself when I accomplish even little goals.