Congrats Christie!

by Meghann on December 15, 2009

In the past two weeks I have had two friends from high school get engaged.

One has already requested my mailing address for the Save the Date cards and the other I met for congratulatory drinks after work.

Isn’t she lovely?

Christie and I have known each other since since middle school when her cousin married my cousin. We’ve ben lucky enough to hold on to our friend ship over the years.

Here we are at our junior homecoming in 2001.

h3d.jpg

And at her 21st birthday in 2005.

100_2610.JPG

Best Friends Forever! :)

I can’t believe Christie is getting married! I’m so excited for her!

I guess I’m at that age now where everyone around me seems to be getting engaged or having babies. I swear every time I log onto Facebook now there is a new announcement congratulating so and so for popping the question or pushing out a little bundle of joy. When did we all grow up and become adults?

Don’t worry I see no plans in my near future to be sportin that rock of my dreams. I’m still counting on my sister to be the first one in that department. ;)

Maybe with all these friends getting married I will finally have a chance to be a member of a wedding party. Can you believe I have never been a bridesmaid, a junior bridesmaid, or even a flower girl?!?! I always wanted to be a flower girl. You can never be too old, right?

Before I met my friend I nibbled on this delicious package of Dried Apples left over from my Healthy Living Summit stash.

I met Christie at the Eola Wine Company in downtown Orlando.

I had only been once before with Caitlin and knew they had a great wine selection and comfortable outdoor seating.

I asked our waitress for a dry, earthy red and am kicking myself at the moment for not remembering what she served me.

It was served a bit too cold for my taste, but the wine itself was quite tasty. Nice and dry and delicious.

I was starving by the time we sat down and immediately ordered the Veggie Flatbread.

I’m not going to lie, I cleaned my plate. :) It was very good. High on the veggies, light on the cheese and the perfect drizzle of sauce. Yum!

It was great catching up with Christie and hearing every detail about the proposal. We said our goodbyes and I headed home to a kitchen full of sweets.

I made myself a small bowl of oatmeal bar, peppermint ice cream and a chocolate covered graham cracker. The perfect ending to my evening.

Time for sleep!

Good night!

1 Ashley December 15, 2009 at 9:31 pm

Maybe it’s just been my experiences, but being a member of a wedding party can be a way bigger pain than you ever imagined!

Every time you blog those peppermint and egg nog ice creams, I totally want some. Mmmmm.

2 Jess (Fit Chick in the City) December 15, 2009 at 9:31 pm

Dry earthy reds are my fav! Looks like you had a fun night celebrating with a friend!

3 lily @ Lily's Health Pad December 15, 2009 at 9:44 pm

I was maid of honor in my sisters wedding (when I was 13!) and that has been it.

4 Bec December 15, 2009 at 9:47 pm

mm that pepermint ice cream looks fantastic!

5 Mara @ What's For Dinner? December 15, 2009 at 10:02 pm

Omg, just wait until alllll your friends start having babies… we just got married and we’re very “behind” all of our friends! I was in 3 weddings in the same year once…

6 allisonisactive December 15, 2009 at 10:03 pm

I feel the same way too – everyone I know is settling down. :) I got married in 2008, and we usually have two weddings every summer between our groups of friends. And a few of our friends have started having kids, which is really fun! Life is full of changes.

7 Molly December 15, 2009 at 10:10 pm

peppermint ice cream is my fav!

8 Kelly December 15, 2009 at 10:29 pm

Congrats to Christie!!! :)

9 Jenna December 15, 2009 at 10:57 pm

looks like a great night! hope you can be in a wedding soon ;)
jenna

10 Ali December 15, 2009 at 11:11 pm

congrats to your friend!

i made your chickpea casserole you threw together a few weeks back and it was absolutely fabulous! thank you for such a simple and tasty recipe!

11 Karla December 15, 2009 at 11:36 pm

How exciting! Congratulations to Christie!
Maybe you can join that club soon…??

12 Lynn at The Actors Diet December 16, 2009 at 12:15 am

yummy – peppermint ice cream! is it like mint chocolate chip without the chips?

13 cookingincambridge December 16, 2009 at 12:51 am

Oh my gosh. EVERYONE is getting married. We ARE at that age, and it’s terrifying. I’m the girl that’s still struggling to manage her own time, let alone split it with someone else :P

14 kandkfood December 16, 2009 at 1:24 am

Congratulations to your friends! I totally know what ya mean! Engagements are non-stop on my FB feed. I was a bridesmaid in a wedding each of the past two summers (including my blogging buddy Kelli’s wedding) so hope you get to be in one soon, it’s a ton of fun!
-Katie

15 Lisa December 16, 2009 at 1:37 am

From a lurker–I know what you mean! It seems as if everyone around me getting married (including my sister!) and having babies. Meanwhile I’m content with where I am (single, no plans to change that any time soon) and as a musician (violinist), I live vicariously through playing music at MANY people’s weddings! :)

16 Christy December 16, 2009 at 2:04 am

Engagements, weddings, babies…. crazzzzy! I agree, when did this all happen!??!

17 Lisa (bakebikeblog) December 16, 2009 at 4:20 am

haha I know what you mean about getting older. I got married last year when I was 27 and STILL thought I was too young to be a wife!!!. Now everyone keeps asking when we are going to have babies – patience people!!!!!

18 Sarah (from See Sarah Eat) December 16, 2009 at 8:25 am

I’ve never been in a wedding party either! I’m hoping someday one of my close friends will get married so I can be a bridesmaid :) I’m sure they hope so too, ha ha.

I got married when I was 23, which was almost 5 years ago and just now people are leaving us alone with the baby questions. I know most mean well but I think constantly asking a woman when she’s getting married or if/when she wants children is kind of intrusive.

19 Anna December 16, 2009 at 9:21 am

I love the homecoming picture! I think I wore that sparkly dress Christie has my freshman year…or something similarly sparkly.

I am definitely counting on my younger sister to give my mom the first grandkids!!

20 inmytummy December 16, 2009 at 9:29 am

I’ve been in six weddings! It’s not as fun as it sounds!

21 brandi December 16, 2009 at 9:36 am

how exciting! Yeah, those things seem to happen in waves. First, all our friends (and us!) got married, and now all of them are having kids! Not us yet, but it’s funny how the same things seem to happen all at once.

22 rebecca lustig December 16, 2009 at 9:43 am

Sounds like an amazing day!

And take your time to get married, life’s too short to be ‘settled down’ hehe

bec xo

23 Kristie Lynn December 16, 2009 at 9:57 am

I had never been the member of a wedding party… and then I got married! Lol. Then I was a reader in a wedding, now I’m a MOH… stressful! What weirds me out is that there are at least 10 girls from my high school who have kids now – and some of these kids are 2 or 3 years old when we only graduated in 2005. Growing up fast!

24 Casey December 16, 2009 at 10:25 am

I know, we are at that age! A little scary but so much fun :). I was my friend’s MOH last summer and it’s such a great experience! Yay for weddings!

25 melissa December 16, 2009 at 10:36 am

Ah I know what you mean for sure – except this happened to me when my high school class started graduating college this past May – um sorry but 22 is way too young to get married!

26 Megan December 16, 2009 at 11:10 am

Yayyy for your friend–my second friend just got engaged recently and it’s insane!! I’ve never been in a wedding either but in 2010 I know I’m already a bridesmaid and maid of honor and it’s not even january yet!

27 pigdaysofsummer December 16, 2009 at 11:37 am

my money is on ben

28 DiningAndDishing December 16, 2009 at 11:47 am

awww, congrats to your friend!! i know what you mean – it seems like everyone is becomming an adult all of a sudden – make it stop!!

- Beth @ http://www.DiningAndDishing.com

29 Bridget December 16, 2009 at 2:14 pm

Awww congrats to your friend!! Yes being in a wedding is really fun, but also really stressful haha…don’t worry I’m sure you’ll be in lots in the upcoming years. These things always happen in multiples!

30 Danielle December 16, 2009 at 9:29 pm

Yea! Congrats to your friend :) I agree – when did we all grow up and become adults?!

Dinner looks delish!

31 Katy @ These Beautiful Feet December 17, 2009 at 1:13 pm

So fun! I know, one of my friends just had a BABY!! It’s really crazy. Congratulations to your friend!! I really need to head over to Eola wine company it looks great!