more ยป" />

Send Me Your Best and Worst Race Photos!

by Meghann on December 3, 2009

First I want to mention to keep the votes coming for the Sam-e Good Mood Gig! Weโ€™re getting down to the wire here people! You have until Dec. 7th to keep this votes coming daily! ๐Ÿ˜‰

I also want to thank everyone once again for all the votes. You guys rock!

Mid-morning I reverted back to my old snacking ways and had a Kashi Granola Bar for my snack.

IMG_0566

The bar didnโ€™t do a very good job of satisfying my appetite. I was starving by 11:30 and had to force myself to wait until at least 11:50 before heading home for lunch. Those 20 minutes were utter torture. ๐Ÿ™

Upon arriving home, I wasted no time in creating a delicious plate of food and demolishing it in less than 5 minutes. ๐Ÿ˜‰

IMG_0569

I had a craving for hummus today. Instead of taking the traditional hummus sandwich route, I made an open face version with hummus, snap peas, mushrooms, banana peppers, and olive coming both sides.

IMG_0574

The open faced hummus sandwich was very refreshing to eat. The fresh veggie gave each bite a nice crunch and the hummus did a great job of tying all the flavors together.

IMG_0577

I also had left over Warm Cabbage Salad (only I ate it cold)

IMG_0573

Love this salad! There is still one more serving left and I canโ€™t wait to finish it.

Best and Worst Race Photosโ€ฆ

After this morningโ€™s recap of my half marathon race photos, I thought it would be fun to do a call out for everyoneโ€™s best and worst race photos and post them on the blog.

Iโ€™m trying to figure out how a prize will be involved. ๐Ÿ˜‰

If you have any photos you would like to submit please send them to me at graduatemeghann@gmail.com

With the photo please feel free to provide a little tidbit about the photo, what the race was, and if you have a blog a link to the race recap.

Please have all photos in by Saturday at 8:00 pm. ๐Ÿ™‚

1 megan December 3, 2009 at 2:21 pm

great idea! unfortunately I don’t have any of my race photos. oh well…i will enjoy everyone else’s ๐Ÿ™‚

2 Jenna December 3, 2009 at 2:24 pm

great lunch idea!
jenna

3 runningaroundnormal December 3, 2009 at 2:28 pm

Love open-faced sammies!
I just looked at the pics from your first post today and omgosh that last photo is hilarious! Love it! haha

4 Kelly December 3, 2009 at 2:46 pm

Hey Meghann,
Sorry for what I’m sure is a re-ask, but I was wondering if you listen to music on your run, and, if so, what do you lke to listen to? I feel like I “know” so much about you, but I don’t know that! thanks so much I love your blog

5 Meghann December 3, 2009 at 2:50 pm

Hi Kelly!

I listen to a pretty random mix on my run. Alot of upbeat stuff that includes musicals, country music, and pop. I’m not a fan of rap or R&B so I rarely listen to that but everything else is fair game. I really enjoy pissed off chic music by Kelly Clarkson and Taylor Swift. ๐Ÿ™‚

6 Derek December 3, 2009 at 6:41 pm

What are you pissed off about? ๐Ÿ˜‰

7 Tammy Eros December 3, 2009 at 2:54 pm

Meghaan…sorry, can you let me know if you got my email address? I have been having problems with my email account today! Thanks!

8 Meghann December 3, 2009 at 2:59 pm

Nope – never got it ๐Ÿ™

9 Tammy Eros December 3, 2009 at 6:45 pm

My email is Tamarah1715@yahoo.com Sorry!

10 Kara (Kara's Marathon) December 3, 2009 at 3:02 pm

Meghann, have you seen this post on the RW Daily blog?

It’s all about the phenomenon of the terrible race photo — I laugh out loud every time I read it! Thought you’d appreciate it ๐Ÿ™‚

11 Brittney December 3, 2009 at 3:03 pm

The best and worst race pictures will be fun to see ๐Ÿ™‚

12 Amanda December 3, 2009 at 3:19 pm

Hey,
Just to let you know, you can find the Edy’s ice cream you want through their website.
Here’s the link: http://www.edys.com/brand/grand/flavor.asp?b=134&f=1650&le=1
Just put in your zip code.

-Amanda

13 Evan Thomas December 3, 2009 at 3:39 pm

This’ll be fun to see! I don’t have any as I’m not a racer, but I find others’ hysterical

14 Amanda December 3, 2009 at 3:49 pm

Oh man I am so bummed that the photos from the Philly Broad Street Run (10 miler) are taken from so far away. My boyfriend ran it with me and I pushed him so hard that he threw up ON the finish line. The pictures are awesome, but you have to look pretty hard to see him!!

15 Rose December 3, 2009 at 4:03 pm

Cool idea! I think my photos might involve a scanner.

16 Ali December 3, 2009 at 4:05 pm

I will have to gather my pictures up if I can. I have some pretty bad ones.

17 Tami December 3, 2009 at 4:25 pm

here’s a link to my race photos. i need to STOP the heal striking, it’s horrible in some of the photos

18 Erin December 3, 2009 at 4:30 pm

I like open-faced sandwiches better because it takes me longer to eat and somehow, that makes me feel like I’m eating more yummy food. ๐Ÿ˜‰

19 Lisa December 3, 2009 at 4:44 pm

Great looking sandwich! I am sure I can find a bad race photo somewhere (arent most of them bad?!)

20 greensandjeans December 3, 2009 at 5:44 pm

LOVE it! I will definitely be digging through the archives for this one!

21 Tammy Eros December 3, 2009 at 6:52 pm

I posted this above, but in case you missed it, my email is
Tamarah1715@yahoo.com
Tammy

22 Monica C. December 3, 2009 at 8:04 pm

I am inspired by how healthy you eat when you are starving. When I am starving, I must have some kind of junk food, preferably sugar. It’s one thing to be hungry and eat healthy, another to be starving and do so. How do you do it?!

23 inmytummy December 3, 2009 at 8:05 pm

I’ve been voting on you, but just realized that I don’t know what you win if you win.

24 Amanda @ Cakes and Ale December 3, 2009 at 8:43 pm

Yum – those are like little hummus mini pizzas! I might do the same… but then melt some cheese on top!

25 Mara @ What's For Dinner? December 3, 2009 at 9:16 pm

I have no race photos… I usually just enjoy other peoples’ from the sidelines! I do have to tell you though, I vote for you from 2 computers and 4 browsers each day! ๐Ÿ™‚

26 caitsplate December 3, 2009 at 9:47 pm

I have some doosies…I’ll have to look for them. But thanks to you and your blog I’ve been motivated to sign up for more races so I’ll be sure to send you proofs from those ๐Ÿ™‚

27 Lily @ Lily's Health Pad December 3, 2009 at 10:15 pm

Ok, I just sent you my pics. I think I’m a contender!

28 Jordan @ Salt Sweat Sugar December 4, 2009 at 9:36 am

Have you tried the Dark Chocolate Coconut Kashi bars? Those are my favvvvv.

29 Erin December 5, 2009 at 1:50 pm

Sadly, I don’t have the picture of my first 5K race photo finish, where I promptly almost hurled all over the Brown University men’s cross country team, holding the chip timer boxes. THAT would have won, straight up, no doubt!

Very cool idea!