My Holiday Wish List

by Meghann on December 1, 2009

You know you saw this coming.

IMG_0393

Left over Chickpea Casserole for lunch.

IMG_0395

I seriously had enough to feed a family of 6 and I am not sure it will freeze very well. Expect to see plenty of chickpea casserole during the week.

IMG_0396

Midmorning I snack on a new bar that came in my Space Coast Registration Bag.

IMG_0390

IMG_0392

It was pretty good, but WAY too sweet. There was an extra gooey, sugary layer on the bottom of the bar that needed to go. I bet if they took that bottom layer off then the bar would be perfect. πŸ™‚

Holiday Wish List…

With all the talk about Christmas Shopping for others this morning, I thought I would share my own Christmas Wish List this year. My Mom always tells me that I am the easiest person to shop for, which I 100% completely agree with. Find me anything with snowflakes, running, or cooking related and I am elated.

(You can check out my wish list for last year here and you can read about my Christmas morning here)

This year my list is short and sweet as I have pretty much purchased the big thing that I wanted (camera) and I already know that skiing in Colorado counts as a my big Christmas present for the year.

• Running Clothes
  • New Jeans
  • 10 lb Dumbells
  • Immersion Blender
  • Rainbow Flip Flops
  • More Ram for my Mac

In fact if all I opened on Christmas morning was a chip that provided more ram for my Mac then I would be one HAPPY girl!

If I was living in a dream world I would also ask for

• Mini Laptop/ Notebook
  • Flat Screen TV
  • New Running Shoes
  • My Race Fees covered for the next year, etc

But, that is just my dream world. πŸ˜‰

What are you asking for for Christmas/ Hanukkah this year? If it were a dream world what would you also be asking for?

1 Mish December 1, 2009 at 2:23 pm

Immersion blenders are worth every single penny that you’d spend or be gifted. I LOVE mine.

2 Brie (The Fit Bride) December 1, 2009 at 2:25 pm

I really want a Garmin for running and a foam roller!

In a dream world…a house.

3 megan December 1, 2009 at 2:26 pm

I am asking for cookbooks and a silicone baking mat and a food scale…areyou sensing a theme?

In a dream world I would want camera gear (tripod, lenses, etc) and a laptop!

4 runstudytravel December 1, 2009 at 2:27 pm

I’m right there with you on the running stuffs! Oh, and the computer stuffs. πŸ™‚ It’s funny how running is technically such a cheap sport – all you need is a pair of shoes, shorts, and a shirt – but then when you start factoring in your favorites…well, asking for it for Christmas makes sense!

My list:
– Running shoes (current ones have 300+ miles on them. Eeep).
– Asics sports bras (I love patagonia, but their sports bras are awful for chafing!)
– New jeans (this was supposed to be my birthday gift, but my parents paid for my appendectomy instead. I can’t complain)

Dream list:
– A macbook (Sony Vaios are terrible. Terrible.)

I just started a new blog over at http://runstudytravel.wordpress.com. It would be great if you could take a look around!

5 savoringsarah December 1, 2009 at 2:28 pm

I’m asking for a NEW CAMERAAA ahhhhh! So, if you would like to recommend the one you are using now for me…I’ll pass it on to the ones shopping for me πŸ˜€

6 Jenna December 1, 2009 at 2:28 pm

great christmas list! hope ya get what you want!
jenna

7 inmytummy December 1, 2009 at 2:28 pm

dslr camera, some yoga classes and a snuggie.

8 sarah (ghost world) December 1, 2009 at 4:10 pm

i think i might just copy this list! minus the snuggie and plus some new running outfits.

9 sarah (ghost world) December 1, 2009 at 4:10 pm

also some earrings πŸ™‚

and some anthro tops.

and shoes and tights.

oh well, so much for minimalism.

10 brandi December 1, 2009 at 2:34 pm

great list!

I haven’t even thought about it since we’re making gifts for family this year AND because we’re saving up for 2 trips in 2010 that will be expensive.

I would love random cooking stuff like a silicon whisk, candy thermometer, etc.

I would also LOVE a new set of dishes if we find ones we like, but that’s a dream world since all gifts will be small this year.

11 Mica December 1, 2009 at 2:35 pm

I’m asking for gift cards to Petsmart because I’ll get my dog right after New Years. Hooray!

12 Christie @ Honoring Health December 1, 2009 at 2:36 pm

I am getting a new DSLR and 1.8 lens, hoooray! But, I’d also love new stainless steel pots and pans

13 Lindsay December 1, 2009 at 2:41 pm

I am asking for a Louis Vuitton handbag, a Northface Fleece, to have my grandmother’s engagement ring sized to my finger, and some gift cards to go out to dinner with friends!! πŸ™‚
I cant wait till christmas morning!!

14 Jessica (Mile High Jess) December 1, 2009 at 2:41 pm

I’d like some more running clothes and a new food processor.

Since the Hubby and I are going to Italy over X-mas we’re not exchanging gifts except for the new camera we’re buying for the trip. Since you’ve gone through a lot of cameras, which point and shoot is your fav?

15 Meghann December 1, 2009 at 2:45 pm

I love the Canon Powershot SD1200

Have fun!

16 runningaroundnormal December 1, 2009 at 2:44 pm

Great items! I would love a BOSU ball, Lulu clothes, a Vitamix, a new cover for my iPhone

17 Allison December 1, 2009 at 2:46 pm

I want a yoga mat, cycling tights so I can bike in the cold, running jacket, new jeans, running gloves and a nice pair of shoes. My dream gift would be a new laptop computer!

18 dailygoods December 1, 2009 at 2:47 pm

my parent’s are giving me money for my costa rica trip coming up! BUTTTT in a dream world, i’d ask for a digital slr that I’ve had my eyes on forever, and an apron! πŸ™‚ haha

19 Jessie (Vegan-minded) December 1, 2009 at 2:47 pm

All I want is a Canon Rebel digital SLR! Doubt I will get it though. πŸ™‚

20 megzzwinsatlife December 1, 2009 at 2:54 pm

A GARMIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21 Erin December 1, 2009 at 2:54 pm

I’m also asking for some Rainbow sandals — they’re great for traveling. And a newer, easy-to-carry duffel for my upcoming trip Down Under. πŸ˜‰

22 RhodeyGirlTests December 1, 2009 at 3:04 pm

I’m asking for a snowboarding helmet. I am an adult now, no need to continue being stupid and doing tricks without safety. It is dumb πŸ™‚

PB and I are supposedly not doing gifts but I already got him a fun robe (he NEEDS one) and a gift certificate for a massage from this AMAZING woman that comes to the house to do them!!!!!! I hope he will use it because he is semi anti massages. Oh, and I am making him a calendar for his office, but I think we might do that together I’m not sure.

23 00kate December 1, 2009 at 3:05 pm

I would ask for a DSLR camera and my race fees covered! πŸ˜€ And maybe a wii…

24 Paige December 1, 2009 at 3:13 pm

I just got a Canon Rebel, so I feel like Christmas has already come for me. I am so excited to have it now, so that I can document all of the holiday festivities that are yet to come.

In a dream world, I would ask for an all expense paid vacation to Italy for my husband and myself.

25 Evan Thomas December 1, 2009 at 3:24 pm

I would love to ask for a laptop and camera but I stuck with clothes and dvd’s

26 meyergirl December 1, 2009 at 3:25 pm

We’re doing secret santa this year with a $20 limit so I’m not expecting much. If it were a perfect world I’d ask for a netbook and a gift card to Ann Taylor Loft.

27 Danielle J December 1, 2009 at 3:36 pm

Totally lame but… I’m doing long distance this year with my boy. My wish would be for us to both find jobs in the same area come next summer. Don’t need any other gift πŸ™‚

28 eaternotarunner December 1, 2009 at 3:42 pm

A dream would be a new laptop and camera! And tickets to London for me and the BF!

Here in reality I am hoping for a forerunner πŸ™‚

29 allisonisactive December 1, 2009 at 3:50 pm

Husband and I haven’t worked out what we are doing for each other this Christmas yet. We have to talk soon!

The way you felt about that bar is how I feel about Luna bars – I don’t like the thick “frosting” layer stuck to the bottom. Too much sugar!

30 Dynamics December 1, 2009 at 3:52 pm

Great Xmas list. Funny, you have asked for those 10 lb weights two years in a row. It might be one of those things you have to buy for yourself.

All I want for Xmas is a Roomba!! I would take a flat screen tv too, but that is unrealistic.

31 lauren December 1, 2009 at 4:01 pm

a garmin! i told my parents if that is all they got me i would be happy. but i’d also like a new tote bag, some cookbooks, a new battery for my powerbook…so much more.
i am having trouble figuring out what to get my boyfriend though.

32 Ali December 1, 2009 at 4:02 pm

Good list! Mine looks like this:

1. running tights
2. cold weather running tops
3. Pearl Earrings
4. Iphone
5. Black Uggs
6. Work clothes
7. New bras (I lost two cups sizes during my weight loss)

33 Sarah R December 1, 2009 at 4:03 pm

Not much on my list this year: the Wicked soundtrack, a new mini food processor (broke mine making banana ice cream!) and a new set of flannel pajamas.

We’re going skiing in Colorado for our big gift as well! When/where are you going?

34 Meghann December 1, 2009 at 4:12 pm

We’re going to Breckenridge the week after Christmas

35 FoodCents December 1, 2009 at 4:17 pm

My realistic list include: inversion table, new putter, gift card for pilates & massages.

Dream world: Cure for Multiple Sclerosis and to have the health insurance faries to magically wave my health insurance rates:)

36 FoodCents December 1, 2009 at 4:18 pm

Be sure to check out “Rasta Pasta” on main street in Breck., one of the more affordable and funky eats in Breck!!!!

37 Sarah R December 1, 2009 at 4:19 pm

We’re going to be in Breckenridge Dec. 28-Jan 2…

38 Julie December 1, 2009 at 4:12 pm

Money! That’s all I need. I can buy anything I need/want myself, and there really isn’t anything besides money that I need/want.

In a dream world I’d be asking for a trip to Austrailia.

39 Kristie Lynn December 1, 2009 at 4:17 pm

In a dream world? $500 to the local running store, all my race fees for next year paid for, a juicer, nice & big food processor, and perhaps $500 to Whole Foods, for good measure. πŸ˜›

40 Karla December 1, 2009 at 4:18 pm

I have a million books on my amazon wishlist! I also would really like an awesome lens for my camera! Maybe a 50mm lens too πŸ™‚

41 Jenna December 1, 2009 at 4:18 pm

I am asking for clothes, money towards a camera and cookbooks/cooking supplies πŸ™‚

In a dream world, I would probably ask for a trip to Europe!

42 skinnyrunner December 1, 2009 at 4:24 pm

im asking for running stuff too… like compression socks, new running tights, new shorts. and then fun stuff like regular clothes and boots!

43 Sarah (Finding My Balance) December 1, 2009 at 4:29 pm

I’m hoping that my mom will make me a 2nd Thanksgiving for Christmas, since I missed my family over the holiday! I’m also hoping that someone will buy me new boots. And maybe a new dress.

In a dream world, my parents would forgive me my debts! They paid for my tickets to Russia, my visa, and all the extra legwork (ahem, two roundtrip plane rides to nyc!) it took to sort out my visa when it got screwed up…

44 caronae December 1, 2009 at 4:38 pm

I want a garmin! And new running gear πŸ™‚ And cookware/pans would be nice too.

45 Heather Eats Almond Butter December 1, 2009 at 4:39 pm

I’m really easy to buy for to b/c I want so many things. πŸ™‚

Dream World list: Would love hardwood floors in my kitchen and master bedroom + new mattresses + new bed frame.

Reality: Not sure. Whatever CD comes up to surprise me. I refused to give him a list. Holding out for the new floors. πŸ™‚

46 Brittney December 1, 2009 at 5:04 pm

There isn’t really much I want this year. The only thing I really want is an iPod nano. I’ve used a crappy mp3 player that I got for cheap a year or two ago and it’s something that definitely needs to be upgraded πŸ™‚

47 Quinn December 1, 2009 at 5:04 pm

Good list! On my wishlist is:
-Cute Umbrella
-Wellies
-David Yurman Prisiolite Ring
-Patagonia Fuzzy Fleece that looks like Fozzie Bear
-SLR Camera
-Spa Day
Did I mention the key word in wishlist was WISH? Yea, I can dream…….

48 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) December 1, 2009 at 5:46 pm

Haha I love the real vs. dream world lists.

I got RAM for my Mac as a prezzie from my internship boss and WHAT A WORLD OF A DIFFIE!! I thought my computer had a virus before because it was SO slow. I got the cheapest version Macbook (with the lowest features) to convince my mom to get me a Macbook for college but then I was plagued with a slow as heck computer.

I hope someone gets you RAM!!!

49 Lauren December 1, 2009 at 6:03 pm

I’m asking for a garmin GPS and an Immersion blender too!!!

50 Kristin (Kristin's Nibbles) December 1, 2009 at 7:21 pm

This year I am asking for a juicer, some running gear and a bunch of cookbooks. In a dream world, I would want a Canon Rebel, a Garmin, and a PUPPY!

xo
K

51 Amanda @ Cakes and Ale December 1, 2009 at 7:43 pm

Yum – I love leftover casserole!

In a dream world, I would ask for new furniture for our new home, including an upgraded TV, a new Mac Book Pro, and a trip around the world with stops in San Francisco, Sydney, Thailand, Italy, London, and New York!

A girl can dream, right?

52 Melissa S. December 1, 2009 at 10:43 pm

love the list! so like mine…:)

53 Christy December 1, 2009 at 11:08 pm

I made your chickpea casserole for dinner tonight! It was good πŸ™‚ I didn’t have egg noodles so I just used corkscrew pasta, I don’t think it made a big difference!

54 Hillary December 2, 2009 at 12:46 pm

I haven’t seen those granola bars before – look good!

55 Katy December 2, 2009 at 5:52 pm

I just ramped my Mac from 1G of Ram to 4G for about $100. Our IT guy pointed me to crucial.com and I even installed it myself. So much cheaper than going through Apple!