more ยป" />

Just Chilling

by Meghann on November 28, 2009

For the first time this holiday weekend it felt great to sleep in a little this morning.

Thanks to the cooler weather that has currently parked itself over central Florida, I did not have to worry about starting my run at the crack of dawn. In fact I was able to wake up naturally and took my time before lacing up my running shoes and stepping out the door.

I had not plans to run anything too crazy since I have my half marathon tomorrow, but I did want to losen my legs up a bit and ran a 5k at my goal pace for tomorrow morning (8:30 min/mile).

The run was a bit chilly and I fully intend on investing in some cheap throw away gloves to wear tomorrow morning which is suppose to be as equally as chilly.

Most of the household was awake upon my return and the dogs were wound up, begging for Derek to play with them.

Don’t you love how Maddie tries to participate, but always makes sure to keep a safe 2 feet distance? She ain’t no fool!

My Dad got to work in the kitchen making his famous sausage gravy and biscuits.

My family i pretty odd and prefers frozen biscuits over homemade biscuits. We just never seem to make them as fluffy.

Scrambled eggs to round the meal out

My plate with a little taste of everything.

Delicious. ๐Ÿ™‚

Today is a BIG day in the GraduateMeghann household. Its FSU v UF game day!!!

This is a big rivalry that has been dividing my family right down the middle ever since I decided to attend FSU and my twin brother went with UF. (Kelly later made her way to FSU too)

100_0787.JPG

This year we are taking advantage of the brand new flat screen and watching the game in the comfort of our own. I know the Seminoles have no odds of securing a win today, but it doesn’t stop me from routing on my alma mater.

100_3685.JPG

Go Noles!!!

Is there a friendly rivalry between any sports teams in your family?

1 Amy November 28, 2009 at 11:07 am

Being from Gainesville and graduating undergrad and grad there, I have to chime in with a Go GATORS!

2 Karla November 28, 2009 at 11:08 am

Your family is too cute! I love your parent’s split shirts! Very clever!

My family really isn’t into any sports. My dad is really into soccer but sadly he’s on his own on that one…

3 Sarah November 28, 2009 at 11:13 am

hey girl!

i got some gloves for $1 at the one spot at Target for running a couple of weeks ago, so you should check there!

Sarah

4 Evan Thomas November 28, 2009 at 11:36 am

No one in my family really cares about sports so it’s very peaceful haha

5 Anne@ the doctor takes a wife November 28, 2009 at 11:38 am

My brother’s and my dad all went to Michigan State and I went to Univ of MI. The rivalry is definitely there, although I wouldn’t describe it as “friendly”…

Good luck on your marathon tomorrow!!

6 Nicci@NE November 28, 2009 at 11:43 am

haha, love the t-shirts. have fun watching the game with family.

7 skinnyrunner November 28, 2009 at 11:54 am

no rivalry going on in our household but my husband likes to make fun of me because my college was so small it didn’t have a football team!
love your parents tshirts, hilarious and cute!

8 Lizzy November 28, 2009 at 11:54 am

hahah yes there are def family rivalry between sports teams. Michigan vs. Michigan state!!! its always something to talk about! hehe.. have fun today! ๐Ÿ™‚

9 Kristen November 28, 2009 at 11:55 am

UGA vs. Ga Tech game tonight…although all of my family are UGA fans. A new Uga will be filling in as our mascot tonight!

10 Erin November 28, 2009 at 12:31 pm

I love that your parents have two-team shirts. ๐Ÿ˜‰ That’s great! I went to a big sports school (Maryland) but my sister went to a tiny liberal arts school, so the family roots for my team. ๐Ÿ˜€

11 Duchess of Fork November 28, 2009 at 12:51 pm

I grew up a Florida State fan ( I live up in the Panhandle), but I chose to go to UF and have never regretted that decision!! Go Gators ๐Ÿ™‚ Just found your blog by the way, and love it! My hubby and I just ran two miles this morning…that’s pretty good for us!

12 Jo November 28, 2009 at 12:52 pm

Your family is adorable.

13 Kristen November 28, 2009 at 1:18 pm

I’ll be at the game!! GO GATORS ๐Ÿ˜€

14 Deirdre November 28, 2009 at 1:27 pm

I LOVE your parents shirts. What a great idea. We are huge sports fans but we all tend to root for the same teams.

GO FSU! I really don’t like UF. kinda beat my OSU team a few years ago, ๐Ÿ™

15 inmytummy November 28, 2009 at 2:23 pm

My school didn’t have a football team, so we don’t have a rivalry. My father and brother went to Maryland, so I just route for them.

Although, my fiance went to South Carolina and his father went to Clemson, so I guess that’s a rivalry.

16 Melissa S. November 28, 2009 at 2:55 pm

Oh, we have the USC vs. UCLA rivalry going on over here…TODAY. i’ll be screaming at the tv w/ my dad as we watch our game too. ๐Ÿ™‚

glad you got to relax and i can’t wait to hear about your 1/2 tomorrow!! yay!

17 meyergirl November 28, 2009 at 3:24 pm

Yummmm…sausage gravy and biscuits!

18 Brittany November 28, 2009 at 5:01 pm

Best of luck for your half marathon tomorrow lady!!

19 chasingthenow November 28, 2009 at 8:24 pm

Does corn hole count? ๐Ÿ˜€ Haha. We are pretty competitive when it comes to that, but certainly not football!

20 Danielle November 28, 2009 at 8:59 pm

I LOVE the split shirts that your parents have! I went to UF and Carl went to FSU so we definitely have a rivalry going on here! It’s a friendly one, though ๐Ÿ™‚

21 Carrie @ I See Monsters November 29, 2009 at 12:36 am

Love your parents split t-shirts! There aren’t any rivalries in my family…except for this year because my brother went to USF. Let me tell you, he was very excited to be able to rub that loss in my face! Gotta love big brothers. LOL.

22 Wendy November 29, 2009 at 2:47 pm

The thing about the rivalry is so funny! I interned on a large dairy farm in central Florida when I was in college, and there were UF-FSU scores from various years written in random places all over the farm.

23 Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) November 30, 2009 at 8:25 pm

Your parent’s shirts are soooo cute!

My husband loves the San Diego Padres while my family loves the Los Angeles Dodgers. The rivalry is pretty funny, at our wedding my dad made a speech that Andy made him a new padre and he actually wore a Padre hat! it was hilarious.