Go Noles!!!!

by Meghann on November 22, 2009

What a day! What a day!

It all began this morning when Derek joined me for a 3.5 mile run around campus.

I always enjoy a good run around my old stomping grounds and it was even more special having Derek join me. We reminisced about our college days and such. It was a blast.

We took the run at a very leisurely pace and Derek did great! He wanted me to point out on the blog that if it weren’t for those ‘damn Tallahassee hills,’ he could have easily ran the whole route without stopping. I believe him too!

Derek usually runs in heavy tennis shoes, but lately has been borrowing his brother’s lighter running shoes. Derek swears the lighter shoes have made a huge difference in his pace and overall ability. Which is even more proof that proper shoes is key to a successful happy runner.

After our run Derek and I quickly showered and met some friends for some early morning tail gating. Thanks to the noon kick off time our plans for tail gating began promptly at 9:00am!

On the way to our spot I picked up a Grande Awake Tea with a single pump of Pumpkin Spice.

Tailgating time!

It was BYOB: Bring Your Own Breakfast. πŸ™‚

Derek and I were simple with Fruit, Granola, & Yogurt.

Mimosas were also involved. πŸ™‚

And I brought Amanda’s Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Blondies to share with the group.

Derek and I split one. Yum!

IMG_9391.JPGIMG_9392.JPGIMG_9393.JPG

The temperature difference between Orlando and Tallahassee never ceases to amaze me. I was freezing the entire time we were tailgating. Brrr…

After all my morning sweets I was really craving something salty. Just before 11:00 a few guys in our tail gating party began grilling sausages and hamburgers.

They had no plates, napkins, utensils or buns, but Derek and I still happily agreed to split a sausage when they offered us one. πŸ™‚

Unfortunately the stadium FSU plays in is deemed alcohol free, but that never stops people from finding creative ways to sneak it in anyways. I could tell story upon story of how my friends and I got liquor passed security back in the golden days. One of which involves the ziploc bag method I witnessed today.

With the liquor situation fully under control it was officially time to pack up and head out.

This was a very important game for my Seminoles! Not only did it determine our ACC eligibility, but it was against an ACC rival!

In college I NEVER missed a home football game and today I remembered why – they are too much fun! There is nothing like being surrounded by so many other passionate fans who are rooting for the same team you are. Go Noles!

At half time Derek and I split a basket of Chicken Tenders.

Not the most nutritionally sound meal I’ve ever eaten, but when in Rome?

I’m not going to lie – it was a very close game and at times I wasn’t sure we were going to pull it off.

With just a couple of minutes left in the game we scored one final touchdown that sealed the game in our favor. Final score: Noles 29 Terps 26. πŸ™‚

Derek was ecstatic!

That game was certainly worth the 4 hour drive to see!!!

F-L-O-R-I-D-A-S-T-A-T-E

FLORIDA STATE

FLORIDA STATE

FLORIDA STATE

WOOOOOOOOO!!!! πŸ™‚

We left the game starving and ready for an early dinner. Momos was calling our names!

Momo’s is one of my FAVORITE pizza joints in all of Tallahassee. My freshmen dorm just happened to be right across the street from the pizzeria and lets just say I ate more then my fair share of Momos Pizza all four years in college.

Momo’s is best known for their XL pizzas that are so big they have to be tilted to make it out the door and will not fit in your everyday compact car.

And they are famous for their ‘slices the size of you head.’

I ate about 3/4 of my Veggie Slice topped with Olives, Spinach, Tomatoes, and Artichokes.

Derek ordered a Sausage Calzone that I stole a couple of bites of as well.

Guess where we went next?!?!?!

NEW MOON!!!! AHHHHH!!!!

I was on the edge of my seat all week in anticipation of watching the second book of the Twilight series come to life before my eyes. Tonight I finally let my inner 13 year old self squeak and squeal during the 7:00 pm showing.

It was wonderful!

Obviously its one of those movies where you have to be a fan of the book to be a fan of the movie (i.e. Derek was confused the entire time) but I loved it! In fact I may have joined Team Jacob – Hello Abs!!!

Jail bait? What jail bait? πŸ˜‰

I was on such a high after the movie, I probably didn’t need a sugar high as well, but TCBY is just one those Tallahassee staples I never get to enjoy in O-town.

Mmmm… Coffee & Peanut Butter Soft Served topped with Reeses Pieces. Yum!

Wow! I am exhausted! It was has been a really great day and tomorrow is going to be another great one despite the four hour drive home.

First up on the agenda? A 16 mile run!! Woop woop! πŸ˜‰

Goos Night!!!

1 Brie (The Fit Bride) November 22, 2009 at 1:07 am

That yogurt looks insanely good. We don’t have ANY yogurt places within 30 minutes of our house! I’m jealous.

2 Nicci@NE November 22, 2009 at 1:21 am

haha, yay I had to take my friend who’d read the book. he understood my inner tween! I’m for Team Jacob… almost LEGAL! LOL

3 Janet November 22, 2009 at 1:36 am

its the maryland TERPS, not whatever you said.

4 jennylikestorun November 22, 2009 at 2:12 am

Haha sounds like you had an awesome time πŸ˜€ I had a lot of fun reading this post!
I’m not really a twilight fan aye… I use to be, BIG time, and that’s exactly why I’m not anymore. I got too obsessed lol, it consumed my life.
Now I can’t stand it.
But maybe I’ll go see new moon, just coz i’ve heard such good things.

The game sounds like fun!

5 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) November 22, 2009 at 2:27 am

Ohhh good ol’ Andre πŸ™‚ Great photos from the day. Have a great run!!

6 Melissa S. November 22, 2009 at 2:29 am

hahahaha…what fun!!!

and of course you saw twilight…though i thought you’d see it midnight thursday night! hah!

7 anonymous November 22, 2009 at 5:56 am

it looks like you’ve lost a lot of weight yet you haven’t disclosed anything to readers. i think that’s misleading to readers.

8 balancejoyanddelicias November 22, 2009 at 7:27 am

such a great day! love all the pictures of you and Derek, specially that one that he’s ecstatic! πŸ˜€

9 allisonisactive November 22, 2009 at 7:38 am

Running? Tailgating? Great food? Football? New Moon? You totally just had my perfect day. πŸ™‚ Looks like a fun weekend!

10 Erica November 22, 2009 at 8:58 am

What a fabulous day! You two are SUCH a cute couple. You always look so happy. You crammed a lot of good stuff in and I love the yummy froyo ending πŸ™‚

11 Kristie Lynn November 22, 2009 at 9:05 am

I love all those tailgating & football pictures – perfect moments to capture πŸ™‚ Derek is quite the trooper to go to New Moon with you, I think!

12 caitlin November 22, 2009 at 9:13 am

we took the exact same picture of ladder golf yesterday! i love you!

13 Nina November 22, 2009 at 9:23 am

Your post was super funny to me because as I was reading the football game recap, I shouted “OMG” aloud to myself because I saw you guys were playing the terps and I am a University of Maryland alum (graduated May 09). I didn’t know the terps were playing in Florida this weekend but my friend is still part of their marching band. It made me feel “closer” to you because I read about your life in cyberspace only, but this made me relate to you “in the real world” if that makes any sense at all! It was so cool . Yes, I’m a dork. Great post! πŸ™‚

14 Alexis November 22, 2009 at 9:26 am

I’m a current FSU student, and I was so bummed I had to miss the game yesterday! It was nice you got to go though. It looks like it would have been a great game to be at!

I’m also from Orlando, and you know we DO have TCBY’s right?? I couldn’t live without them. πŸ™‚

Oh, and Team Jacob all the way!!

15 Karla November 22, 2009 at 9:41 am

I miss football! My undergrad university (cal) was really into football and going to games was so fun! Now for Grad School, I guess my university is more into Hockey? Who watches Hockey??

Your pictures look great!

I felt the same way about New Moon! I may have been converted to Team Jacob!

16 Brittany November 22, 2009 at 9:55 am

Tailgating and the game looked like a blast. I’m always a little sad when I think about the fact that my school didn’t have a football team. πŸ™

17 kath November 22, 2009 at 10:02 am

Meghann, your photos are unbelievable!!!! So glad you got that lens!!!!!!!!

18 Erin November 22, 2009 at 10:05 am

Looks like a fun day — but gotta show my love for UMD. Go Terps!! πŸ˜‰

19 Jenna November 22, 2009 at 10:30 am

wow meghann! sounds like a wicked fun day! from tailgaiting, to the game, out to eat, new moon, and tcby!

that pizza place looks wicked good πŸ™‚
jenna

20 TorontoGirloutWest November 22, 2009 at 10:43 am

Totally awesome looking weekend!!!! πŸ™‚

And the football game looks fun! I’m Canadian and to be frank College (University) football isn’t that big a deal to us. In fact I’ve never been to one. It’s to bad ’cause they look a blast!!!!!

21 Matt November 22, 2009 at 10:46 am

Sounds like you had a great time πŸ™‚

That pizza is huge!!!!! I have never seen one that big!

22 inmytummy November 22, 2009 at 10:48 am

Looks like fun. I’ve never been to a tailgate or a football game for that matter. Can you believe it? I guess that’s what happens when you go to a hippie college like I did!

23 Kara November 22, 2009 at 11:04 am

I like the idea of the pumpkin spice in your tea! And what a classy tailgate with the mimosas! Love it!

24 biz319 November 22, 2009 at 11:10 am

What a great time! Pizza as big as your head?? I’m in!

25 greensandjeans November 22, 2009 at 11:49 am

love the booze in a bag! oh college…

26 Danielle November 22, 2009 at 11:54 am

I think the “booze bag” is hysterical! I’ve never seen that before, although Carl wasn’t too surprised when I showed him πŸ™‚ Maybe it was just an FSU thing?

Momo’s was another of his favorite places and it was funny to see the “slices the size of your head” and the giant calzone that I’ve heard so much about.

I’m glad that you had such a great time! Enjoy the rest of your weekend πŸ™‚
Danielle

27 Chrysta November 22, 2009 at 12:22 pm

wow! that looks like so much fun! I really miss going to football games. I used to love it! Those pizza slices look incredible! that was one huge pizza! Hope you have an awesome rest of the weekend!

28 Christy November 22, 2009 at 1:09 pm

I love your pics! That pizza looked so good!

29 Tina November 22, 2009 at 1:38 pm

I love all your pictures! They’re looking awesome. I’m glad you had a great weekend!

30 Sarah November 22, 2009 at 2:08 pm

Looks like so much fun! I’m not big on football on tv but it’s always fun to go to a game. And New Moon!!! I haven’t been yet, I think I want to wait for the crowds to die down. I’m afraid the movies will never measure up to the books, they are so good!

My favorite bite from your day is the frozen yogurt- I’ll pick that any day!

31 jojo November 22, 2009 at 2:24 pm

Thanks for taking me through a day in Tally. Living in Chicago now makes it difficult to make trips down there. I miss it.

32 caitlin November 22, 2009 at 2:30 pm

looks like a fun day! Your hair looked really cute!

33 Erin November 22, 2009 at 3:30 pm

I was dying laughing at the jail bait comment. I totally agree (which scares me a little bit).

I love college football so it was great to see a giant southern stadium. We Northerners don’t have many of those around – we’re much more into basketball in most places – so it’s insane to see that many people in a stadium. And I loved the creative liquor containers too – let’s just say it came in handy to have a large bra size during game day. My parents would be so proud.

34 Lisa November 22, 2009 at 4:46 pm

oh wow what a fun day! I wish we had ‘tailgating’ in Australia!!! That pizza is HUGE! I have never seen anything like it…crazy!!

35 Macrae November 22, 2009 at 11:15 pm

Looks like Derek needs some running shoes for Christmas!

36 Madelin November 23, 2009 at 9:43 am

Nooo Team Edward! Just saw it too and loved it! Looks like a great day… I can’t believe that pizza…

37 Carrie @ I See Monsters November 23, 2009 at 10:14 am

I love all of your pictures! I have the exact same picture of myself doing the “point like Bobby Bowden” stance. I guess it’s now a rite of passage for everyone that goes to the stadium! LOL.

I’m glad they won for you. I went to the USF game and wasn’t quite so lucky. Still…go Noles!

38 Jess November 23, 2009 at 11:34 am

Ugh so upset my Terps lost this weekend. But maybe it’s just what we needed to finally give our coach the boot. Seriously we suck so bad this year and his play calling is atrocious. I mean come on….we lost to Duke ::hangs head in shame::

39 Jess November 23, 2009 at 3:29 pm

Team Jacob all the way πŸ˜‰ and I’m very impressed that you could get a man to go see a Twilight movie with you! My hubby definitely would not! Also, yay that we won this weekend! Seeing your visit to Tally makes me want to go back for a couple days πŸ™‚

40 Jess November 23, 2009 at 3:30 pm

Oh and also you can definitely tell the difference between the 2 cameras in your pics.