The Return of Office Treat Week

by Meghann on November 18, 2009

I believe I forgot to mention its Treat Week again in my office.

This time Treat Week is in celebration of Thanksgiving. As a general rule the office is a ghost town the actual week of Thanksgiving, so we are celebrating this week instead. (By the way still can’t believe Thanksgiving is next week!)

The cake I brought in on Monday just happened to perfectly coincide with Treat Week; therefore I like to consider it my thoughtful my contribution. Yesterday a co-worker brought in cookies and pastries and today we hit the motherload of goodies.

IMG_5749

We’ve got homemade fudge, pumpkin chocolate chip mini muffins, banana nut bread, bacon wrapped stuffed jalapenos, and unpictured chicken minis that disappeared minutes after being set down.

Out of all the treats can you believe it was the bacon wrapped stuffed jalapenos that caught my attention?

IMG_5744

They are from a new new bbq joint in town and have been raved about by every co-work that tried one.

Having never tried a stuffed jalapeno ever, I decided what the hell and taste tested one. You only live once, right?

IMG_5746

Originally I was expecting a lot of spice and was disappointed by the lack thereof. Other then that it was very chewy and tasty. However, I needed gum asap because the taste did linger in my mouth and my hands smelled like smoked bacon for the next few hours. :)

Thanks to the stuffed jalapeno and my fiberful breakfast, I wasn’t particularly hungry by the time lunch came around nor was I feeling very creative. I was saving my left overs from last night for lunch tomorrow, but since I will be participating in vegan week I decided to dig in today.

IMG_5751

The left over Zucchini Pattie became a Zucchini Burger that I topped with marinara sauce and spinach.

IMG_5759

And the Yuca fries were still delish with the essential ketchup for dipping.

IMG_5756

The lunch was light and just what I needed. Yum!

Have you voted today?!?! Well go! :)

1 megzzwinsatlife November 18, 2009 at 2:40 pm

I have never tried jalapeno either. I think it would be too spicy for me. I love how you tweeted this morning about how you didn’t know what to make for lunch..I am the same way. I think about lunch at breakfast!

2 Katie November 18, 2009 at 2:51 pm

The Pioneer Woman is famous for those and I have never tried them. Bacon just doesn’t appeal to me.

I always am thinking of my next meal? Is this odd? lol

3 A November 18, 2009 at 3:01 pm

Yup! That’s what I was just going to say. She has a killer recipe for them too that is very,,,, alter-able lol

4 kbwood November 18, 2009 at 2:57 pm

hmm i need to find yucca! those fries look good. that jalapeno thing looks great..but i could DEF see how u would need gum after!

5 Matt November 18, 2009 at 2:57 pm

Haha that looks pretty tasty :)

It seems like people will try and find any excuse for a “treat week”. Sigh…

6 Danielle C. November 18, 2009 at 3:00 pm

I actually don’t like bacon very much (usually order food without it), however bacon wrapped jalapenos are the thing my husband and I most like to make for tailgating/group get togethers. I am so spoiled by them. We put cream cheese, sun dried tomato, fresh basil, and garlic in the stuffing for ours.

7 Whitney @ Lettuce Love November 18, 2009 at 3:04 pm

My old office used to do treat weeks all the time. It is so nice to not deal with that anymore — I always felt so bad turning down food but I like to be picky and healthy. And where dd November go? I can’t believe Thanksgiving is next week — yikes!

8 brandi November 18, 2009 at 3:05 pm

man, I’m glad we don’t have all those treats in here!

I’m doing vegan day tomorrow, too! Excited :)

9 Katie November 18, 2009 at 3:05 pm

The zucchini cakes look good.. I might have to make some soon. A long time ago I made something similar but with canned tuna in the mix as well. If you eat tuna, it’s a good way for some more protein and omegas! Just thought I’d throw it out there!
Katie

10 Jenna November 18, 2009 at 3:07 pm

Your office doesn’t mess around!

I would be in major trouble if my office had treat week. I have issues turning down sweets :)

11 Mama Pea November 18, 2009 at 3:07 pm

Who breaks bacon stuff jalapenos to treat week. I bet it was a man. :)

12 Traci November 18, 2009 at 3:11 pm

oooh. The pumpkin choc. chip muffins would have caught my attention. Yum.

13 Megan (The Runner's Kitchen) November 18, 2009 at 3:17 pm

I’m sort of obsessed with stuffed jalapenos – I think I’m going to make this healthy version soon: http://www.hungry-girl.com/chew/chewdetails.php?isid=1014

love the yucca fries idea! i can’t get enough roasted veggies + ketchup.

14 Allison November 18, 2009 at 3:33 pm

Our primary team hosted the November Birthday Breakfast today, which is our monthly “treat day.” Luckily, they understood the meaning of healthy. The breakfast included Fiber One bars, boxes of raisins and dried fruit, and a huge fruit plate with melons, pineapples, and apples.

15 meyergirl November 18, 2009 at 3:38 pm

Those jalapenos look yummy! Might make a good appetizer for Thanksgiving, too.

16 on the rocks November 18, 2009 at 3:41 pm

i love bacon anything. and jalapeno anything. so this definitely looks like the best treat to me!

17 Christine November 18, 2009 at 3:48 pm

The stuffed jalapenos look amazing! I might have to try them!!

18 Lizzy November 18, 2009 at 3:56 pm

hm i would think the jalapeno’s would be super spicy but i bet the bacon helped calm the heat! they sound wonderful! :)

19 runningaroundnormal November 18, 2009 at 3:58 pm

Wow. My husband would LOVE the bacon wrapped jalepeno. Love.
Your lunch looks great! I’ve never had yucca fries

20 Marissa November 18, 2009 at 4:15 pm

I bought some tempeh bacon that I am excited to try! I voted for you this am! :)

21 Evan Thomas November 18, 2009 at 4:42 pm

My uncle makes the best jalapeno poppers! I don’t think theyll be at Thanksgiving but here’s hoping for christmas

22 Ali November 18, 2009 at 4:53 pm

WOW I love that your office does that! That is pretty cool!!! Pumpkin chocolate chip mini muffins sound good, did you try any?

23 Reenie November 18, 2009 at 5:26 pm

I seriously could eat that whole pan of the japs. Soooo good. And easy to make. You can make them on the grill too.

24 Erin November 18, 2009 at 5:39 pm

Oh my gosh, pumpkin chocolate chip muffins sound amazing. I need to make some stat! ;)

25 Carrie @ I See Monsters November 18, 2009 at 6:42 pm

We’re doing something at my work this Friday called “Grubfest.” It’s exactly what it sounds like! I am already committng myself to only taking VERY SMALL portions of just one or two of the best-looking things.

Working in an office is like the ultimate willpower test.

26 skinnyrunner November 18, 2009 at 8:04 pm

im impressed that you tried a jalapeno over sweets! i never could have done that. and dont think i would have wanted to… :) have a great rest of the day!

27 Jenna November 18, 2009 at 8:52 pm

yumm! those treats and yout lunch look great!
jenn

28 Bekah November 19, 2009 at 4:41 pm

“*Oh and I wanted to mention that I am still using the point and shoot camera at work for obvious reason. :)”

^hahahahaha