Orlando Food & Wine Festival

by Meghann on November 15, 2009

Today I met my beautiful friend, Christie, and her boyfriend, Matt, at the Orlando Food & Wine Festival.

After enjoying myself at Epcot’s International Wine and Food Festival a few weeks ago, I was very excited to experience the localized version. The Orlando festival housed 32 booths representing various local restaurants, bars, and wineries. It was foodie heaven. πŸ™‚

I had purchased a ticket to enter the event and then purchased food & wine tickets once I entered to pay for any item I wished to sample.

At first I thought each item would just require one ticket, but some items required 2 or 3.

In the spirit of the Thanksgiving Challenge I arrived with only $20 in cash to stop myself from going overboard. The $20 worth of tickets was more than enough for just me. In fact I probably would have been able to get away with a little less.

Once inside we didn’t waste anytime surveying the options and digging in. πŸ™‚

Cabot Cheese Samples

Pitas & Hummus from The Vineyard Wine Company

Meatball Hoagie from Il Mulino New York Trattoria

Italian Ice Cream Sandwiches from Primo <—My Favorite!!!!

Egg Salad Sandwich from Bikes, Beans & Bordeaux Neighborhood Cafe <– Need to check this place out in person

Amberbock πŸ˜‰

Scallop Salad from The Boheme

Steak Sliders from Ruth Chris <— Split this one with Christie

Finally Cupcakes from Icings

I was STUFFED at this point, so was very thankful when they offered to serve my Carrot Cake cupcake in a to-go cup for later.

I did have a bite of Christie’s Red Velvet Cupcake. Yum!

The theme of the day was definitely stuffing my face. Somehow the idea of moderation went completely out the window. At Epcot’s Festival I had the pleasure of sharing all of my sample plates with Derek, but today it was just me. Everything tasted good and it was hard to stop myself from eating it all.

I left the even feeling stuffed and uncomfortably full. I was so full I found it a little hard to breathe – not a good sign and not a good way to feel. I loved everything I tried, but if I could do it again I would only have a few bites of each sample instead of the whole plate. πŸ™‚

I stayed full the rest of the afternoon and the majority of the evening. Around 8:00 I knew I needed to have something for dinner, but nothing was really appealing to me. After staring at fridge I made a small snack plate.

Apples

Carrots

and an almost empty jar of almond butter for dipping.

Don’t know how this piece of cake made it on my there. πŸ˜‰

I will happily bringing the rest of this cake to work tomorrow morning.

I hope my coworkers enjoy it!

It has been a very long day and my bed is calling my name.

Good Night!! πŸ™‚

1 VeggieGirl November 15, 2009 at 10:00 pm

Scrumptious fare!

2 Jess (Fit Chick in the City) November 15, 2009 at 10:08 pm

Looks like you had tons of fun! There should be more Food and Wine Festivals!

3 Erin November 15, 2009 at 10:18 pm

That looks like such a fun event — I need to see if something like that exists in my area (sure it does, I’m just not in the know haha) πŸ˜€

4 Brittany November 15, 2009 at 10:21 pm

Looks like foodbuzz food coma all over again! Events like these are fun though and it’s not everyday you have such amazing food at your disposal. Glad you had a good time.

5 sisrocks1996 November 15, 2009 at 10:25 pm

Yum! Cupcakes, ice cream so good looking!

Um yes best thing with sweets is to get them out of the house ASAP otherwise far too much gets consumed.

6 Matt November 15, 2009 at 10:26 pm

Looks AWESOME!

7 Melissa November 15, 2009 at 10:45 pm

how fun! I am not sure if the two are connected, but there is restaurant called IL Mulino in NYC a few blocks from my office. A few months ago I walked by and Obama and Clinton were having lunch inside. rest up!

8 Melissa S. November 15, 2009 at 10:58 pm

yay for the food and wine festival…totally wish i could have been there!

9 Deva (Voracious Vorilee) November 15, 2009 at 11:01 pm

That looks like loads of delicious food πŸ™‚ I probably would have left stuffed, too, especially with all of those tasty options!

10 Evan Thomas November 15, 2009 at 11:16 pm

Those ice cream sandwiches look over the top good!

11 Marissa November 15, 2009 at 11:51 pm

What a fun day1 Looks like they had a lot of good things at the Food Festival!

12 Lizzy November 15, 2009 at 11:57 pm

everything you sampled looked out of this world, i know i wouldn’t of been able to keep myself from everything either! πŸ™‚ glad you had such a fun time!

13 Ali November 16, 2009 at 12:09 am

Um, that looks amazing! Especially the Scallop Salad and cupcakes. Looks like you had a good time!

PS I get so envious seeing you in a sundress while we are freezing here in Boston, unfair!!!

14 Jenna November 16, 2009 at 12:24 am

wow! all of the food looks amazing especially the meatball sliders and the cookie sandwiches πŸ™‚
glad you had a great day!
jenna

15 Courtney November 16, 2009 at 12:59 am

Wow! A food heaven! Gahhhhhh, those mini cupcakes. πŸ˜€ So tell me, did you get a new camera? I know you had to purchase one a few months ago at the Stonyfield event, but the quality of your photos these days is PHENOM! Love the addition to your excellent writing and fitness/food adventures. πŸ™‚

16 Susan November 16, 2009 at 8:00 am

Wow, this post basically features every single one of my favourite foods. Hummus, hamburgers, ice cream sandwiches, all delicious! Perfect way to celebrate 17 miles πŸ˜‰ Although, I must say, I think it would be a good idea for a food festival to give out smaller plates. That way you don’t fill up on just a few and get to try more things. Also, you wouldn’t have to throw away a lot of the food (and money!) in order to sample several items.

17 dailygoods November 16, 2009 at 8:21 am

ah so fun! i love events like this! so glad you had a good time πŸ™‚ your pics are looking extra fabulous lately!

18 Stephanie November 16, 2009 at 8:57 am

That food looks amazing! Glad you had a good time!

19 runningaroundnormal November 16, 2009 at 9:07 am

Wow! What an afternoon! Looks like you had a blast:)

20 eaternotarunner November 16, 2009 at 10:56 am

That looks so fun! And the weather looks incredible….

21 The Pancake Girl November 16, 2009 at 11:20 am

That looks like so much fun! Amazing eats, too- love that red velvet cupcake!

(www.joelygolightly.wordpress.com)

22 Vanessa (Last Night's Leftovers) November 16, 2009 at 12:32 pm

Looks like fun! I am jealous. πŸ™‚

23 Betty November 16, 2009 at 1:14 pm

Hi, long-time lurker here. You just made me crave scallops, cupcakes, Amberbock, and carrots. All at once. Looks amazing!

24 meyergirl November 16, 2009 at 3:55 pm

oh, wow!! Everything looked fantastic!! Don’t beat your self up about eating too much. It would have been hard for ANYONE!

25 Daniel November 16, 2009 at 8:00 pm

I was there too! Did you try the lamb from Boheme?

I wish my wife and I could have met you πŸ™‚

26 Moon Over Martinborough November 30, 2009 at 9:50 am

We just had our big wine festival here in Martinborough, New Zealand. It’s called β€˜Toast Martinborough.’ I worked at it and had a great time. Maybe I’ve got a future as a wine bouncer?!