Pizza Aromas

by Meghann on November 11, 2009

Woo hoo for being officially through the work week! I <3 short weeks!

For my snack this morning I broke into the Frog Hollow Dried Peaches from this past weekend. After my delicious Frog Hollow Pear this morning I had really high hopes for the peaches.

IMG_5434

I paired a handful of dried peaches with a handful of raw almonds from my snack stash.

IMG_5436

Hmmm… can’t say I was too big of a fan of the dried peaches. They are ok in the sense that I will probably finish the bag so they don’t go to waste, but not good enough I would seek them out in the future. The peaches were a little tough and lacked any real peach flavor. Basically you could have told me I was eating any other sort of fruit and I would have believed you. :/

Before I left for lunch this afternoon I dropped in on the baby shower my office was throwing for one of my co-workers. Her and her husband (who also works for the company) are expecting their first little boy next month and everyone chipped in for a few gifts. The office also catered the gathering with pizza and cake.

The pizza itself didn’t appeal to me, but the wonderful pizza aroma that filled my office did. All of a sudden I knew exactly what I would be having for lunch.

IMG_5439

This tortilla pizza may not be the exact representation as the cheese and meat lover pizzas being served in the office, but to me it was soooo much better.

IMG_5440

For the pizza I coated a flat out wrap with a thick layer of marinara sauce and then added the sweet potato hashbrowns, mushrooms, and cowgirl creamery cheese as toppings.

IMG_5441

I’ll admit the cowgirl creamery cheese isn’t the best melting cheese, but I promise all the decadent gooey cheesy flavors were still there.

With my pizza I enjoyed a bowl of spinach topped with left over zucchini & yellow squash salad.

IMG_5444

Lately I have been developing a heavy habit of sweets. I am all for sweets in moderation, but this is a little out of hand and the Toblerone I had after lunch didn’t help.

IMG_5448

Nor did the bites of baby shower cake I snuck a few minutes ago. Ooopss..

I don’t want to eliminate the sweets completely from my diet – I wouldn’t last a day! – just need to scale it back. I think this past weekend really struck a cord with my sweet tooth and since then I can’t seem to get enough. All the processed sugar is really making my face break out!

Speaking of this past weekend….

How awesome is this photo?

IMG_NEW

I set the above photo as my new desktop back ground at work. Now every time I am feeling stressed I can just minus all my windows and remember all the great times I had this past weekend in San Francisco. Can I just tell you how much all those girls rock?! I’m ready to go back right now! 🙂

What’s your desktop background at work? Does it give you warm fuzzies inside?

1 megzzwinsatlife November 11, 2009 at 4:16 pm

I love putting sweet potatoes on pizza!! I never realized how boring my desktop was at work until you said something.. Mission: fix desk top at work! Working on it right now 🙂

2 Katie November 11, 2009 at 4:19 pm

are you kidding me? look how much weight you’ve lose from marathon training…and you are beating yourself up over eating a couple bites of cake, and you want to cut back on sweets????

3 Leah November 11, 2009 at 4:21 pm

My desktop is one of our engagement pics: our bare feet in the sand with LOVE written in the sand!

4 brandi November 11, 2009 at 4:25 pm

ooh, we loved those peaches! Definitely not like a normal, soft dried fruit, but I enjoyed them.

I love those pictures – they’re all so cute!

5 Vanessa (Last Night's Leftovers) November 11, 2009 at 4:26 pm

I never would have thought to put sweet potato anything on pizza! What a great idea.

My desktop background is a hilarious picture of my beagle puppy with his lip pulled up into a little Elvis sneer. So happy I caught that on camera!

6 Evan Thomas November 11, 2009 at 4:27 pm

My background on my laptop is a picture of Olympus I took in Greece and I love –so seren!

7 Erica November 11, 2009 at 4:28 pm

What is it with everybody and pizza today for lunch?! 🙂 It is my fave and NOW I’m craving it! Thanks! Looks delicious!

LOVE the pics of you gals! I just changed my desktop background to a pic of my Nana and Papa on Utah Beach, France. They went there in 1994 for the 50th anniversary of D-Day. I was putting up some of the pics for my Veterans Day post and the one of the two of them made me smile;-) And makes me miss them, but still smile!

8 foodieinthecity November 11, 2009 at 4:28 pm

My desktop background is a photo of my puppy, Petrie.

Anytime I am getting stressed/angry at work, I go to my desktop photo and I feel a million times better 🙂

9 megan November 11, 2009 at 4:29 pm

I don’t think I could ever pass on fresh hot pizza for lunch! How did you do it? I love hot gooey cheese 🙂

my desktop background is boring – what came on the computer. not sure we’re allowed to change it for some reason

10 Allison November 11, 2009 at 4:32 pm

My work computer background is all my 8th graders from last year. I taught at that school for three years and had “my honors kids” for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade. It was so sad to leave last year! I sometimes feel out of place at my new school and am struggling to form bonds with “my new kids,” but seeing those 8th graders reminds me of where I came from, and that I will eventually feel connected with my new students.

11 haya (living and learning) November 11, 2009 at 4:34 pm

i have a runner’s world rave run. of someone running through gorgeous snow. i’m hoping it will get me pumped for the upcoming winter!

12 Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) November 11, 2009 at 4:41 pm

I’m ready to go back right now too!

13 Mrs. Myers @ Eat Move Write November 11, 2009 at 4:45 pm

Work is home. But right now its a picture of my two of my best friends. It makes me smile. 🙂

14 allijag November 11, 2009 at 4:47 pm

I totally had the same reaction to the dried peaches. They almost tasted a little burnt I thought! I’ll still finish the bag, like you! 🙂 Just weird! 🙂

15 meyergirl November 11, 2009 at 4:53 pm

I’m going to experiment with making my own “frozen pizza.”

16 Jess November 11, 2009 at 5:00 pm

My back ground is the city of Pittsburgh!!!! (my hometown)

17 Whitney @ Lettuce Love November 11, 2009 at 5:11 pm

My desktop background is a picture of my favorite Van Gough painting. I puts a smile to my face

18 skinnyrunner November 11, 2009 at 5:40 pm

cute foodbuzz pics! my desktop is a pic of me and my hubby at Laguna Beach.

19 Kelly from Bridges and Bites November 11, 2009 at 6:03 pm

That pizza looks good but also very messy!!!! I don’t have a work computer, but at home it is of my cat. 🙂

20 rhodeygirltests November 11, 2009 at 6:07 pm

awww I love the photo!!!!!

21 dorothy November 11, 2009 at 6:20 pm

love the photo!

my background is a boring standard one that came with the laptop.. i never really see it though cause i;’m always on firefox haha

22 luckytastebuds November 11, 2009 at 6:27 pm

*sigh* I can never ever get enough of your wonderful kitchen creations. I can always count on your blog to give me some meal inspiration, and I think your pizza is DEFINITELY sometime to be tried. That’s definitely a cute picture to use as your desktop! Mine at work…is definitely no picture. I think it might be a school of fish actually. hahah

P.s. Congratulation on being top 20 in the SamE vote off!!!! I knew you’d get there. 🙂 I’m definitely a biiig supporter!

23 sisrocks1996 November 11, 2009 at 6:31 pm

Mine is my horse I lost a few years back. One of the few I have of him. I have been CRAVING pizza and wanted to just buy an Amy’s but NO it wasn’t VEGAN! Soy Cheeze had milk protein IE not vegan. Argh I was so mad I didn’t even look at the roasted veggie. Maybe I’ll try your version 😉

My sweettooth is majorly out of control and any attempts to wrangle it have been shut down.

24 BethAnn November 11, 2009 at 6:41 pm

Meghann–

You are training for a marathon and are running multiple miles a week…more than most people. You shouldn’t feel bad about eating sweets. Eating one small candy or cookie a couple of times a week and eating healthy for the rest of your meals isn’t going to make you unhealthy or gain weight. I have felt guilty about eating sweets before but if I didn’t have something small a few times a week I would go crazy. It is impossible to drink spinach smoothies and to eat flat bread healthy pizza or whole wheat/oatmeal cookies without feeling like I am depriving myself…sometimes you just need a week of eating the real thing. One banana split or blizzard (caitlin) when you’re running all the time and have a healthy balance in general is NOTHING compared to how most american’s eat. The good thing is that you are eating healthy 98% of the time. You should have another piece of chocolate. You deserve it.

25 Katie November 11, 2009 at 7:26 pm

I couldn’t agree more with this!! Meghann, you are so hard on yourself. You are training for a marathon! You SHOULD be eating sweets and candy and REAL FOOD!

26 Matt November 11, 2009 at 7:01 pm

I guess my “work” computer is the computer I have at home that I do my schoolwork on. I have a Nike Running background 😉

27 Diana November 11, 2009 at 7:04 pm

My desktop background is my doggie, Bailey and it TOTALLY gives me warm fuzzies! 🙂

28 blueberrymuffins November 11, 2009 at 7:05 pm

Pictures of my self. LOL I am self centered1

29 inmytummy November 11, 2009 at 7:29 pm

What’s crossed out on the peach package?

My desktop is my doggie.

30 Lizzy November 11, 2009 at 7:53 pm

awww i love the photos from the photo booth! i just love doing that with friends!

i love all your pizza creations especially with flat outs. such a great idea

31 The Pancake Girl November 11, 2009 at 7:59 pm

Aw those snapshots are so cute!! I love photo booth style pics!

My desktop is my gorgeous little 2yr old niece in her Halloween costume. 🙂

32 balancejoyanddelicias November 11, 2009 at 8:23 pm

a sweet end is a must after a good meal! I don’t think it’s bad… but i do agree that after last weekend’s indulgence, a little back up on sweets is a good idea! 🙂

33 Stephanie November 11, 2009 at 8:30 pm

I don’t think we can change the desktop to work, but immediately to the right of my computer is a picture of my boyfriend and I and a picture of where he lives in California. Seeing those pictures let me realize that I can make it through the day.

The sweets thing will pass. Don’t worry too much about it.

34 Jenna November 11, 2009 at 8:51 pm

your pizza looks much healthier anyways!
everyone has a little sweet tooth 😉
jenna

35 weightwatchersforone November 11, 2009 at 9:05 pm

i love the pic of all of you with your cameras! how clever. my desktop background is a picture of my cat dressed up as a princess 🙂

36 rebecca lustig November 11, 2009 at 9:24 pm

pumpkin cornbread?! YUMM 🙂

37 Brittany November 11, 2009 at 10:46 pm

You go home for lunch too? We seriously are twins!!

I love that the foodbuzz photobooth picture is your desktop background. Mine is a photo of orchard apples that I took. I change it according to the season- I had strawberries all summer.

38 Jamie November 12, 2009 at 12:09 am

Your pizza is such a great example of creating a healthy version of something you crave. It looks delicious!

39 BroccoliHut November 12, 2009 at 1:21 am

My desktop background is a colorful photograph of fruits and veggies. yeah, I know–nutrition dork.

40 Liza November 12, 2009 at 10:10 am

Hey Meghann, Your pizza looks GREAT! how long do you back it for? I eat way to many sweets, monday was my birthday and I had a frozen yogurt with resses adn 3 peices of cake!!! AHHHH but I like you am training for a marathon? Its my day it only come once a year so I indulged is that a crime?

41 Meghann November 12, 2009 at 10:14 am

I bake the pizza for just a couple of minutes. I watch it and when the cheese melts its done 🙂