more ยป" />

Chugging Along

by Meghann on November 10, 2009

The four cups of black tea seem to be doing the trick of keeping me awake at my office thus far. Sure I have that shaky caffeine overload feeling and I have to use the bathroom every 5 minutes, but at least I am awake and getting the job done. ๐Ÿ™‚

For a snack mid-morning I had a Dark Mocha Almond Kashi bar

IMG_5409

Lunch was the last of my leftover Butternut Squash, Apple and Sun Dried Tomato Soup with Pumpkin Seeds on top.

IMG_5412

Iโ€™m so bummed this was my last serving from the freezer. I have been craving soup for every meal lately, I need to step up and make some more. I see a batch of Split Pea soup on my future. ๐Ÿ˜‰

With my soup I had the other half of my Acme Bread with Mezzeta Pesto and Cowgirl Creamery Cheese.

IMG_5417

Iโ€™ll admit the bread was on the stale side today, but still chewy and perfect for soup dipping.

IMG_5410

Sam-E Good Mood Gig

Guess what? I am officially a Top 20 finalist!!! Woop Woop!

Thanks again! I could not have moved on to the next step without all the dedicator voters out there. ๐Ÿ™‚

Now for round two I need to film a 90 second video of myself declaring why I should win the Good Mood Gig. Does any one have any suggestions on how to make my video stand out? I am brainstorming ideas!

1 Lyss November 10, 2009 at 2:26 pm

“Take” us on a run with you! If you can be chipper during a long run, then you’ve proven you can be chipper during anything! ๐Ÿ™‚

2 Leah November 10, 2009 at 2:31 pm

I think that the best way to stand out is to really just be yourself, don’t set out trying to impress, and of course, have a POSITIVE attitude!

PS – Love Lyss idea of takign us on a run!

3 caitlin November 10, 2009 at 2:33 pm

what about standing around downtown and randomly cheering up people on the street? it could involved Operation Beautiful, too!!

4 Matt November 10, 2009 at 2:39 pm

If you have any of that bread left, stale bread is really good for French Toast.

5 Liza November 10, 2009 at 2:51 pm

i agree with lyss, take us on a run!!!!

6 trinichiqn November 10, 2009 at 3:04 pm

I would use part of the video of Derek’s first 10k and if you have a photo or a clip of that local race that you came in the Top 3 (I am remembering off the top of my head here). You can do a little voice over all this and then come live for the rest. Make sure Maddie gets a cameo.

7 Brittany November 10, 2009 at 3:06 pm

So glad that the caffaine got you through the morning. When I read your post this morning, I thought your next post might include a picture of you sleeping at your desk. haha

Congrats on making it into the top 20!! If I think of any good video ideas I’ll send them your way.

8 Anna November 10, 2009 at 3:23 pm

Congrats! I like the run idea, but I think you should do a music video to make yours stand out and who isn’t going to smile and “feel good” when they watch you sing and dance!

9 Jenna November 10, 2009 at 3:23 pm

congrat on the top 20 ๐Ÿ™‚
jenna

10 Tay November 10, 2009 at 3:28 pm

Congrats on the Top 20! In your video, you should obviously demonstrate on WHY you have a good mood ๐Ÿ™‚ For some reason I thought of something to do with an amusement park/roller coaster since you seem to love the amusement parks ๐Ÿ™‚ I don’t know what though…

11 Whitney @ Lettuce Love November 10, 2009 at 3:31 pm

Congrats on the top 20!

12 brandi November 10, 2009 at 3:35 pm

congrats on making the top 20 – how exciting!

I like all the ideas already listed!

13 Susan November 10, 2009 at 3:36 pm

I’ve been wanting nothing but soup lately too, tis that time of year! (although, does that still apply when you’re in Florida? ๐Ÿ˜› )

I think you should film a video of you running ๐Ÿ™‚

14 Tracy November 10, 2009 at 3:41 pm

I would focus on what makes puts you in a good mood…running, derek, maddie, your family, roller coasters…if you surround yourself with good things, it will put you in a good mood!

15 Niki November 10, 2009 at 3:43 pm

take us on a run in beautiful Florida for your video

16 Amanda November 10, 2009 at 4:03 pm

I think you should do a short little “day/morning in the life” kind of video. Have you waking up and bounding out of bed to play with/feed your puppy, go for a run, make a healthy breakfast, and blog …

17 Simone @ P:T November 10, 2009 at 6:22 pm

I like this idea a lot too! A little skit/day int he life spoof..so personalized and clever!

18 Nicci@NiftyEats November 10, 2009 at 4:18 pm

Whoo Hoo you go girl, top 20 is awesome!

19 rhodeygirltests November 10, 2009 at 4:23 pm

Most definitely Caitlin’s idea. But it needs to be outrageous!

20 Diana November 10, 2009 at 4:27 pm

Congrats on getting into the top 20. ๐Ÿ™‚

21 Andrea S November 10, 2009 at 4:28 pm

Put together clips of some things that make you stand out as a person and then talk through the clips not necessarily about them but just about you and what makes you you.

22 megan November 10, 2009 at 4:28 pm

Congratulations! That’s so exciting. I’m not very creative, but this is where your marketing background should come in handy! Market yourself ๐Ÿ™‚

23 Katie November 10, 2009 at 4:29 pm

I don’t know I’m not creative, but Congrats! Caffeine is amazing. ๐Ÿ™‚

24 Samma November 10, 2009 at 4:34 pm

I could live off Cowgirl Creamery’s Mt. Tam. It is my very favorite cheese!

Congrats on the contest- I’m glad all of our voting paid off.

25 Lindsey @ Sound Eats November 10, 2009 at 4:43 pm

I wish I had gotten in the top 20, I had so many great ideas for the video!

26 eaternotarunner November 10, 2009 at 5:04 pm

Congrats that is exciting! I love your blog ๐Ÿ™‚

How are those dark chocolate mocha Kashi bars? I was debating them at the supermarket yesterday!

27 Evan Thomas November 10, 2009 at 5:14 pm

I just can’t get into that dark mocha bar as much as I’d like to cause it sounds so good

28 Mama Pea November 10, 2009 at 5:23 pm

I like Caitlin’s idea too, but I think it should involve an over-the-top costume. I’ve got a banana if you are interested. And a costume too.

29 Johanna November 10, 2009 at 5:36 pm

Perhaps it could be your passion for running. for your family,dog, boyfriend, bestest friends…

but mostly for your love of food and blogging ๐Ÿ™‚

Whatever it is, you are defiantly unique & special- which i believe will set you part from the other competitors .
I know because i read your blog——> it puts me in a great mood! ๐Ÿ™‚
Good luck!

30 eatolive November 10, 2009 at 5:45 pm

thats awesome to hear!! congratulations!!

31 Rose November 10, 2009 at 5:45 pm

Good luck with your vid! My advice is to be yourself because that’s what will get you the job ๐Ÿ™‚

I also like all of the other ridiculous suggestions above. Like the banana costume.

32 Ali @ Food, Fitness, Fashion November 10, 2009 at 5:46 pm

AWESOME!!! I am so excited for you, I have no great ideas, but I am sure you will think of one! I really hope you get it! Good Luck!

33 eatolive November 10, 2009 at 5:48 pm

maybe something with roller coasters … cliche saying (i know) about how life is like a rollercoaster … but put your own twist on it …that while some things may damper your mood for just a second, there ALWAYS something to pull you right back into a good mood (running, derek, maddie, bright florida sun, a good meal..) etc..

just a thought ๐Ÿ™‚

34 Katerina November 10, 2009 at 6:11 pm

You know what I think of when my bread goes stale? Homemade croutons. Great in salads and soups!

35 RunToTheFinish November 10, 2009 at 6:11 pm

congrats on the good mood gig, I realllllly hope you get it, so then we will know the winner!!

Let’s see for a video, really I think you do so many interesting things that you will totally stand out!

36 Simone @ P:T November 10, 2009 at 6:20 pm

YAY! If you can talk while running, I would have someone tape you talking about how perfect you are for the job while doing what makes you happiest, running! I can’t wait to see what you decide to do in the end. So exciting!!

37 Graze With Me November 10, 2009 at 7:07 pm

That pesto cheese bread looks fabulous, yum!

38 Monica C. November 10, 2009 at 7:32 pm

I would incorporate some of your crazy (yes, they are crazy to me, LOL) food concoctions! I know that, because of this blog, you surround yourself with foodies and healthy eaters, but you really are very unique in terms of a) how very healthy you are with respect to your eating habits and b) the outrageous concoctions that you come up with (and truly enjoy!).

39 Molly @vegandorm November 10, 2009 at 7:45 pm

I would love to see you doing what you love – making lunch, running, whatever. I feel like that’s a great way to let people get to know you without just you talking to a camera (although what you have to say is important too, of course!) !

40 Jess November 10, 2009 at 8:57 pm

Editing is everything in something like this. I think it’s a good idea to film some random shots of you doing things that relate to your ‘good mood’ (aka. broll) to play over your voice over. You can incorporate pictures as well but try to avoid the cheesy effects most cheap video editors use because they can be distracting. And don’t forget to make your interview footage stand out – maybe an interesting location with great lighting.

Can you tell I’m a television editor? ๐Ÿ˜‰

41 Kelsey November 10, 2009 at 10:44 pm

congrats!!! I voted everyday for you :]

42 Bridget November 11, 2009 at 4:12 am

I voted for you, too!

I love all of the ideas!

However, you love cooking and putting together new recipes that most people couldn’t even think of. Maybe you could do like a mini-cooking excerpt. That shows that you have patience (and maybe Maddy could make an appearance)!

Good luck!

43 verbalriot November 11, 2009 at 12:33 pm

For the opening of your video, I’d get someone to film you jumping out of bed at 5:30 in the morning and go off on your run! I’m always amazed at your energy and ability to do that, I think that’s impressive!

44 Lizzy November 11, 2009 at 7:54 pm

congrats girl! ๐Ÿ™‚ i new u could do it!