more ยป" />

Hello San Francisco – It's nice to meet you!

by Meghann on November 6, 2009

I made it!!

Hello San Francisco!!

The last half of my plane ride went by in a blink of an eye thanks to my lovely wifi accessibility in the air. I swear I am never flying without wifi ever again! I managed to answer e-mails, catch up on blogs, and take care of other various fun projects. ๐Ÿ˜‰

When hunger hit I munched on the Almond Butter, Pumpkin Butter, and Raisin Sandwich I packed.

I know you are probably getting tired of seeing this combo on the blog, but its a new fave!

And when the drink cart came around for the second time I grabbed a club soda, pretzels and biscotti.

As much fun as I was having playing online on the plane, I was more than ready to get off when we landed.

Heading to baggage claim I felt like such a big shot seeing my name in lights on paper. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Every time I fly some where and I see people waiting and holding names, I always look for mine even though I know no one is suppose to be waiting. It was exciting for it to be a reality this time.

Bertolli really hooked me up with a car service to the hotel, I’m just sad I didn’t take any photos of the ride!

Bertolli also hooked me up with a great hotel room.

Check out my digs!

The view

Mini bar

I really wanted to break in to this. ๐Ÿ˜‰

With the bleak forecast outside I was happy to spot a complimentary umbrella in my room as well.

IMG_5277.JPG IMG_5278.JPG

The umbrella came in handy as I made my way to the marketplace for a quick bite.

I wasn’t sure what I was craving for my second lunch, but as soon as I stepped outside I knew I wanted a nice cup of hot soup. Derek has been going on this past week about having clam chowder so when I passed a seafood eatery I knew i found my place to eat.

I ordered a cup of the white clam chowder

with a side of crusty sourdough bread.

Perfection

After my soup I was craving chocolate – good thing I stumbled upon a chocolate mecca right next door. ๐Ÿ˜‰

The best part – FREE SAMPLES!!!

IMG_5287.JPG IMG_5291.JPG

Just assume I ‘sampled’ alot of chocolate. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I also found my way into a cute tea room.

I ordered a large winter spice blend tea to help warm myself up.

So far I am in love with San Francisco! I can’t wait to meet everyone else! Its going to be a great weekend – stay tuned for lots of updates the next two days. ๐Ÿ˜‰

1 Amanda November 6, 2009 at 7:31 pm

If you get a chance, check out the Embarcadero farmer’s market on Saturday morning (it’s right outside the market hall). It’s the biggest farmer’s market I’ve ever been to and is my favorite! Can’t wait to see more from your trip — San Fran is a wonderful city!

2 Diana November 6, 2009 at 7:32 pm

Glad you had a good trip ๐Ÿ™‚
That clam chowder looks good! And chocolate… yum.

I think you’re staying at the same hotel as another blogger whose blog I read. At least the rooms look similar!

Have fun ๐Ÿ™‚

3 Katie November 6, 2009 at 7:33 pm

Go to Kara’s Cupcake in Ghiraddeli’s Square. OMG amazing! Pb Chocolate Mousse was my fave. Where is this place where you are at? I totally don’t remember seeing it in my time in San Fran, but I didn’t get to see half of what I wanted to.

4 Kat November 6, 2009 at 7:39 pm

Your hotel room is so nice! Have a great time!

5 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 6, 2009 at 7:50 pm

omg so much great food and you only just arrived!!!! Enjoy your weekend!

6 Taysa November 6, 2009 at 7:51 pm

I’ll be there tonight — can’t wait! I live in SF, but now looking at your hotel photos I’m a little jealous — that place looks amazing!

7 Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) November 6, 2009 at 8:04 pm

YUM I need to walk on over there myself. That looks great.

8 Mama Pea November 6, 2009 at 8:14 pm

I bet that beer cost 38 dollars. Good thing you passed it up ๐Ÿ™‚

9 Danielle November 6, 2009 at 8:24 pm

I love that place! When I was in SF a few weeks ago it was one of our favorite places to see. It is AMAZING on a Saturday morning for the farmer’s market. Enjoy!

Danielle

10 Derek November 6, 2009 at 8:38 pm

and in a sourdough bread bowl and lombard street and the Ghiradelli store. they have nice gift bags of great chocolate ๐Ÿ˜‰

11 carolyn~ November 6, 2009 at 8:40 pm

150 Spear Street, right by your hotel…go to Specialtys Deli and get a wheat germ chocolate chip cookie…YOU WILL LOVE IT…but hurry they close at 6 and not open on the weekend! I promise you will love it!!

12 chasingthenow November 6, 2009 at 8:48 pm

That tea place looks FANTASTIC! ๐Ÿ™‚

13 Christy November 6, 2009 at 9:14 pm

look so fun!!! and free chocolate?! how lovely ๐Ÿ˜€

14 Lizzy November 6, 2009 at 9:34 pm

yay i’m glad you made it ok! your room looks wonderful, i can’t believe how beautiful it is, and all the amazing things that come with! ๐Ÿ™‚ yay

15 Hallie November 6, 2009 at 10:04 pm

Oh my gosh…now I want to go to SF RIGHT NOW! I think I’m going for my birthday in May, so I’m going to have to remember the places you all go so I can get the best tastes…I’ve been a handful of times before, but there is just so much to the city (and the eats!) that it’s easy to get overwhelmed. Have a wonderful trip!

16 The Pancake Girl November 6, 2009 at 10:11 pm

That looks like an awesome trip already! Love that you stumbled upon a chocolate stand!

( http://www.joelygolightly.wordpress.com )

17 Evan Thomas November 6, 2009 at 10:13 pm

I’ve always wanted to try that brand chocolate, it looks so fancy

18 Matt November 6, 2009 at 10:14 pm

My dad is obsessed with Clam Chowder. If they have it on the menu, he will order it.

19 Kara November 6, 2009 at 11:02 pm

If you’re in San Fran, you HAVE to get Ghirdarelli (however it’s spelled) — I think it’s a law! ๐Ÿ™‚

Also, I’ve heard amazing things about Kara’s Cupcakes — I hope they do my name proud!

20 Erica November 6, 2009 at 11:11 pm

ah! Have so much fun. I am very jealous. I grew up (for 7 years) near San Fran and love that city

21 Bridget November 6, 2009 at 11:27 pm

My mom grew up near San Francisco, so I spent some time each summer there, and I went last winter vacation to see my grandmother. When I come back to the states, it’s possible that I will move there…love it SO much!

Ferry Plaza seafood is awesome! Fisherman’s Warf, Ghirardelli Square, and Kara’s Cupcakes are other places that we frequented on visits to the City. I hope that you get to enjoy all of the same places! Enjoy the Bertolli people as well!

22 greensandjeans November 7, 2009 at 1:05 am

there is nothing like a great bowl of clam chowder on a rainy day!

23 Susan November 7, 2009 at 9:04 am

That’s so cute they left you an umbrella in the room! And I wonder if that driver gets a lot of requests for pictures… ๐Ÿ˜› Can’t wait to hear all about your San Fran adeventures!

24 Liza November 7, 2009 at 11:13 am

If you get a chance to go back to the Ferry building, you’ve got to go to Blue Bottle Coffee… or at least get some coffee to take home. Best in the Bay!!!

25 Jenna November 7, 2009 at 3:11 pm

bertolli defs hooked you up!
jenna

26 Erin November 9, 2009 at 9:43 pm

Ugh your pictures are totally bringing me back to a vacation in June to SF!! I LOVED the Market Building!

27 Marianne November 20, 2009 at 6:16 pm

Clam chowder & sourdough sounds like the perfect lunch to start out your trip in San Fran. It looks like a really cool place too – I’m sad I couldn’t make the trip for the festival.