Return of my Appetite

by Meghann on November 5, 2009

This week has been a strange one in terms of my appetite. I’m not sure if it was the stress from work or excitement of my trip, but my appetite has been non-existent this week. An occurrence that is highly unusual for me.

However; this morning I was happy to see my appetite return with a vengeance. My light breakfast did not even come close to holding me over. When it came time for my morning snack it wasn’t even a question of whether I was hungry or bored. My stomach was growling and that’s all I needed to hear.

I broke into my Nature Valley Honey Roasted Peanut Nut Clusters mid-morning when I decided I couldn’t wait any longer to get something in my stomach.

IMG_5192

I have to be honest when I say I have really been enjoying these nut clusters from myblogspark.com. The Honey Roasted Peanut ones are sweet with a nice crunch that makes them fun to nibble on. And I enjoy eating the multiple bite size clusters for the same amount of calories as eating a single bar.

The nuts, unfortunately, didn’t stop my hunger. After 11:30 I was literally watching the seconds tick by as I patiently waited for lunch time. Oh hunger, How I’ve been missed you since you’ve been away! 🙂

IMG_5197

For lunch I assembled a quick and easy knock off of a classic Lox & Bagel.

IMG_5201

Only instead of a Bagel I used an Arnolds Thin and instead of cream cheese I smear one side with the last of my goat cheese. I also ditched the red onions.

IMG_5204

Despite those changes I did incorporate salmon and capers in the meal and that’s really all you need to make this combo work, right? I promise it was delicious!

On the side I heated up left over roasted brussel sprouts and butternut squash from last night.

IMG_5198

Yum!

I may have broken into the candy stash when I returned to work.

IMG_5205

Picture a little Tootsie Roll as well that may have been consumed after I uploaded my photos. 😉

Class Songs…

On my way back to the office John Mayer’s No Such Thing came on the radio and instantly filled me with memories of high school and graduation.

No Such Thing was our class song and anytime I hear it I think of my senior year and all of my friends that I have sadly lost touch with since. Its so strange how so much emotion can be attached to that one song. Listening to it made me smile and feel all happy inside, because graduating from high school was a good time in my life and even though I would never ever go back its nice to have all the memories.

What was your class song, colors, slogan, flower, etc?

For my class (2003) we selected…

• Class Song: John Mayer’s No Such Thing
  • Class Slogan: “No Day, But Today” – Rent was big then
  • Class Flower: Hibiscus
  • Class Colors: Navy Blue & Baby Blue – Please note our actual school colors were maroon & gold lol
1 Nicole November 5, 2009 at 2:37 pm

My class song was Let It Be by the Beatles. We had to sing it at our graduation, all together, and it was a mess!! So funny though. Our school colors were orange and black.

I love love love John Mayer. We went to school in the same town!

2 Sarah (from See Sarah Eat) November 5, 2009 at 2:39 pm

My 10 year reunion is next year so it’s always fun to look back and think of what was going on back then. I don’t think we had any “official” things like what you listed, but Vitamin C’s “Graduation Song” was big back then as was “The Thong Song” ha ha.

I <3 Rent!

3 megan November 5, 2009 at 2:43 pm

I dont’ think we had a class song, or class colors, or anything! Now I feel like I missed out…

4 Adriana November 5, 2009 at 2:53 pm

My appetite has been hiding somewhere since Sunday too. Today is the first day that I am actually looking forward to my lunch and its only 10:53 in the west coast. It’s been a strange occurrence since my runs have been on the longer side…

5 runningaroundnormal November 5, 2009 at 2:55 pm

I honestly can’t remember our class song or anything like that! Maybe we didn’t have it…
I’ve never had lox!

6 Leah November 5, 2009 at 3:01 pm

I absolutely can not remember any of that kind of stuff about my graduating class. I think our song was somthing ridiculous like “I Believe I can Fly”, also c/o 2003.

7 Kat November 5, 2009 at 3:01 pm

Meghann, You eat so many vegetables with every meal. Do you ever get tired of eating them? I try to also but sometimes I just want a side of chips… You are amazing!

8 Meghann November 5, 2009 at 3:10 pm

haha No I never get tired of vegetable. I truly do love veggies! Every once in a blue moon I will buy chips, but honestly I rarely having any craving for them. Butternut squash and brussel sprouts have so much more flavor to me then a bag of chips.

9 Diana November 5, 2009 at 3:04 pm

My class song was definitely the final countdown ahaha Because we were all so tired of 3 exhausting years and just wanted it to be over 😀

10 Traci November 5, 2009 at 3:08 pm

Ha! That was so long ago the only thing i can remember was that our song was Finer Things by Steve Windwood. Oh actually our colors! Maroon & Gold.

11 Brandi November 5, 2009 at 3:09 pm

man, I don’t remember our class song! I’m pretty sure it wasn’t a good one, though 🙂

12 Courtney November 5, 2009 at 3:17 pm

I’m loving your photos these days – it seems like you’re putting some use to the Macro option? )

13 Susan November 5, 2009 at 3:24 pm

Oooh, goat cheese instead of cream cheese with smoked salmon sounds fab. Will keep that in mind 😉

Our class song was some lame one by Eve 6… it was painful when they played it at the ceremony.

14 Whitney @ Lettuce Love November 5, 2009 at 3:32 pm

Our 8th grade class song was “Graduation” by Vitamin C! Classic. I don’t remember what our was in high school — it may have been No Such Thing. I graduated in 2004.

15 MelissaNibbles November 5, 2009 at 3:34 pm

My class songs were “Anytime You Need A Friend” by Mariah Carey and “This Is How We Do It” by Montell Jordan.

I.AM.OLD

16 Neely November 5, 2009 at 3:45 pm

Ours sucked I’m sure (I remember something about Matchbox 20 perhaps?) , because our class was super lame. But at my friend’s school, they were all awesome and chose:

Colors – Camo and Orange
Flower – Venus Fly Trap
Song – Touch of Grey – Grateful Dead

17 Mellissa November 5, 2009 at 4:03 pm

It has been 10 years and I honestly don’t remember what most of our items were but I do know we had- Time of Your Life by Green Day. I still think of high school graduation when I hear that song.

18 Evan Thomas November 5, 2009 at 4:24 pm

My class didn’t have all those things, but our “slogan” was “smarter than we look”. Nobody liked it

19 Matt November 5, 2009 at 4:30 pm

Oh man I can’t even remember my class song! Isn’t that sad? It has only been 2.5 years!

20 Jenna November 5, 2009 at 5:27 pm

great sammie for lunchh!
jenna

21 Molly @vegandorm November 5, 2009 at 5:50 pm

We didn’t have a class song, but oru quote was The will to do, the soul to dare.
Our colors were hot pink and lime green.
We did do a cool homecoming dance to a mix of songs…ahhh senior year…just a good time!

22 Chloe November 5, 2009 at 6:14 pm

Oh man I have no idea what our class stuff was. I should figure that out. Those arnold thins seem amazing, I totally need to buy some.

23 Katie November 5, 2009 at 8:41 pm

I find when I get stressed I eat less or worse. Coming from a history of DE I usually operate under eat anything even its chips which is really not much better then not eating anything at all. Ugh glad your appetite is back in time for delicious food in San Fran! I didn’t go to highschool homeschooled/college. so I get to graduate early 😉

24 Kelsey November 5, 2009 at 11:34 pm

i graduated from high school in 2006 and our song was ‘existentialism on prom night’ by straylight run. i dont even think 95% of my class knew what existentialism even means. :] i wanted jimmy eat world’s ‘work’ but that was a negative.
i def do not miss high school!!!