Same old, Same old

by Meghann on November 4, 2009

Good Morning Bloggies!

I’m so glad its already Wednesday. Thanks to a busy week at work, this week seems to be flying by. Only a couple of more days until I board a plane and jet off across the country – I can’t wait!

My morning thus far has been pretty typical. I got up, ran 3 miles, did 6×100 strides, 10 minute ab routine, etc. etc.  Same old, same old.

I did enjoy a nice little bonus to my run with the cooler temps moving through. The air was a crisp 65 degrees when I stepped outside – perfect running weather. I was also happy to witness the sun rising half way through my run. I truly missed running with the sun rise in the morning.

After a shower I dug in to a big bowl of cereal for breakfast.

IMG_5144

• 1/2 cup Kashi Go Lean Crunch
  • 1/2 cup Quaker Oatmeal Squares
  • 1/2 cup Annie’s Vanilla & Coco Bunnies
  • 1/2 a Pear
  • Plain Oikos
  • Pom Seeds

A nice refreshing bowl to start my day with. 😉

IMG_5147

Keep the Votes Coming!

We’re in the final stretch so please keep the votes for the Sam-e Good Mood Blogger. Remember you can vote daily until Nov. 6th!

Also, if you’re in the voting mood 😉 I would appreciate all the support in winning a local Orbbie award. I’ve been nominated in the Foodies and Personal categories. Its an honor to be nominated for a blogger award in my home town. 😉

1 megan November 4, 2009 at 9:47 am

I really admire how consistent you are with working out in the morning. As soon as it gets dark and cold in the morning, I quit. Although I guess it doesn’t get too cold where you are. I’ve pretty much quit running outside for the season and have switched to the elliptical inside 🙂

2 Nicci@NiftyEats November 4, 2009 at 9:50 am

Can never go wrong with a simple breakfast…looks great dear.

3 Sarah (from See Sarah Eat) November 4, 2009 at 9:51 am

I have to say I’m getting lazy with my runs too since I’m waking up to 40 degree temperatures, I’m jealous of your 65!

4 Diana November 4, 2009 at 10:12 am

Have a great day Meghann! 🙂

5 Jenny @ nutmegger November 4, 2009 at 10:17 am

My achilles heel when it comes to my diet is ice cream, so seriously if I had that pint of Pumpkin in my freezer it would have been long gone. Luckily, it is hard to find Edy’s in NY (I swear I’m still looking for the samoa flavor). BTW great addition with the mini pb cups it looked like. I’m a big fan of ice cream concoctions as well – my favorite is Ben & Jerry’s Chubby Hubby. I recommend it for anyday kind of treats! mmm mmm

6 meyergirl November 4, 2009 at 10:21 am

Glad you enjoyed your run this morning! I’m going to head out for an early “lunch” to do 2 mi. around campus before going to personal training. It will probably only be in the low 50’s!! I’m wishing I’d brought a sweatshirt even though I know I’ll warm up quickly.

7 Tania November 4, 2009 at 10:21 am

Wow lady!! 🙂 what time do you go to be @ wake up? Good job!!!

8 Christy November 4, 2009 at 10:29 am

i like the cereal + pear idea! i need to switch it up cause i always just use banana!!

9 Jenna November 4, 2009 at 10:31 am

i feel like this whole month is going to fly by!
jenna

10 Lizzy November 4, 2009 at 10:41 am

65 degrees is the perfect running weather and i’m muy jealous that you have those temps! what a wonderful temp! 🙂

have a great day girl!

11 greensandjeans November 4, 2009 at 10:42 am

sometimes the simple breakfasts are the best ones! nothing like starting your day with a great run and a bowl of goodness!

12 starsinthecity November 4, 2009 at 10:49 am

I love reading about others who get morning workouts in. I’d love to do AM workouts but I’m just not a morning person, the only time I could do it was when I skated and I would have skated 24/7 if I could.

13 Evan Thomas November 4, 2009 at 11:01 am

This morning was the same old same old and it could not have felt better. Seriously, I think sometimes life gets so hectic the “normal” seems gone forever, so I like to live it up when things are just plain like that

14 brandi November 4, 2009 at 11:06 am

I’ve been seeing pears everywhere this week in recipes, and now I want some!

Hope you have a good one! I can’t believe SanFran is this weekend already!

15 The Pancake Girl November 4, 2009 at 11:50 am

Your bowls always look so packed and brimming with goodness! Great way to start a morning!

(www.joelygolightly.wordpress.com )

16 Paige@ Running Around Normal November 4, 2009 at 12:06 pm

Great job on the workout – even if it is same old same old.

The breafast cereal looks great!

17 bettythebalancer November 4, 2009 at 1:15 pm

Voted and voted! Good luck! 🙂

18 chasingthenow November 4, 2009 at 5:51 pm

I think your bowl of cereal looks so good. My cereal has always been pretty plain-jane, which is probably why I don’t eat much of it. 🙂

19 Susan November 4, 2009 at 6:48 pm

Listen Meghann, we may need to have a talk if you’re going to continue to refer to 65 degrees as “crisp” running weather all winter 😛