more ยป" />

The Lazy Blogger

by Meghann on November 3, 2009

I had no motivation to cook dinner this evening.

After work I went boot hunting at the mall and by the time I got home from work it was late and I was tired. I stood in front of the fridge for 10 minutes before tossing random vegetables and a can of tuna in a bowl and calling it dinner.

I ended up with an odd concoction that I wouldn’t recommend repeating.

It consisted of

• Broccoli Slaw
  • Beets
  • Mushrooms
  • Tuna
  • Pumpkin Seeds
  • Honey Mustard
  • Goat Cheese

I told you it was odd…at least it was edible. ๐Ÿ˜‰

On the side I had a few Kashi Crackers for a bit of a crunch added to the meal.

The whole time I was trying to decide what I wanted for dinner, all I could think about was dessert. ๐Ÿ™‚ I debated just eating dessert for dinner, but decided against it and instead dug in to the last of my Pumpkin Ice Cream as soon as I but my dinner bowl in the sink.

I can’t believe I finished the whole container in less than a month – I think thats a new record for me.

So long Pumpkin Ice Cream, you will be nearly missed. *sniff *sniff

Now the hunt is on for the seasonal Peppermint Flavor that should be hitting the shelves soon. I can’t wait!

Work was crazy all afternoon, but I did find time to snack on a 100 calorie bag of Kettle Corn around 3:30.

I feel so lazy lately. Any desire to to pack or clean has gone out the window. My bed is calling my name and I think I am going to listen to it.

Good Night!!!

1 Julie November 3, 2009 at 9:23 pm

I’m feeling wicked lazy too! I blame the time change.

It takes me about a week to finish ice ceam…<—piggie.

2 Evan Thomas November 3, 2009 at 9:28 pm

That dinner sounds good! I think Ive been eating in a dorm too long, haha.
The best part of finishing ice cream is always picking out its replacement

3 Spotty Prep November 3, 2009 at 9:30 pm

Is that a Christmas placemat/tablecloth I see? ๐Ÿ™‚

I looked for eggnog ice cream at Publix yesterday, and didn’t see it ๐Ÿ™ It’s the only kind of seasonal ice cream I like!

4 inmytummy November 3, 2009 at 9:31 pm

A month?! That pumpkin ice cream barely made it a week in my house.

5 foodieinthecity November 3, 2009 at 9:32 pm

I have been feeling too lazy myself. I’m starting to lose motivation to workout and nothing sounds appetizing food wise. I’m going to blame it on the season change/getting dark way too early.

Hopefully we’ll all come out of the slump soon. It seems like we aren’t the only ones around blog world in a bit of a slump!

My pumpkin ice cream has lasted about a week and a half. I do have to share with my boyfriend though. But still, it disappeared crazy fast.

6 Trish (GirlatGym) November 3, 2009 at 9:36 pm

I can’t believe you have ice cream and it would last a month. I could polish that off in under a week – no troubles! HA! But wait . . that is the trouble. I have a wicked sweet tooth and would devour that stuff like it was nothing. Hence, I hardly ever buy it. I would be apt to skip dinner and just eat ice cream. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Okay every so often I guess – but I know I need my veggies. The good stuff makes me feel better. ๐Ÿ™‚

7 Jess November 3, 2009 at 9:36 pm

That ice cream is delicious! But a month? Aren’t there only like 12 servings in that whole container?! How did you make it last so long lol

8 intheskinny November 3, 2009 at 9:39 pm

Peppermint ice cream is my favorite!

9 on the rocks November 3, 2009 at 9:46 pm

i still have not been able to try that pumpkin ice cream…i wonder if they take it off the shelves after halloween?

10 Simone @ P:T November 3, 2009 at 9:46 pm

The peppermint ice cream HAS hit the shelves here in NY. Sooo good!!

11 Pen November 3, 2009 at 10:07 pm

i loooooove the peppermint ice cream…though, given that it was almost 80 in GA here today, i feel a little weird eating winter time ice cream! ๐Ÿ™‚ i’m also excited for the egg nog ice cream to hit shelves!

12 Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) November 3, 2009 at 10:07 pm

My husband and I finished off our pumpkin ice cream in less than a month too. We are obsessed!

13 Sam November 3, 2009 at 10:08 pm

Hi Megann, I love you blog but have you ever heard of recycling? I see that plastic bottle in the trash which looks like a ketchup bottle of something. Please recycle =)

14 amh7183 November 3, 2009 at 10:11 pm

I’m impressed that ice cream lasts you so long! I’m with the others – a carton is lucky to be in our fridge for a week TOPS!

I just started blogging over at http://poiseinparma.wordpress.com – Would you mind if i added you to my blog list? I really enjoy your posts!

15 Matt November 3, 2009 at 10:12 pm

Sometimes I make meals like that too. I love cooking, but sometimes I am too tired and lack the motivation for it.

16 Jenna November 3, 2009 at 10:50 pm

your dinner looks good. i love how you just make your own creations of dinner!
yummm that peppermint ice cream sounds great for the holidays!
jenna

17 Tyler (Raspberry Runner) November 3, 2009 at 10:51 pm

unfortunately, i’ve been known to finish those big containers in less than a week! so i don’t think a little less than a month is so bad ๐Ÿ™‚

18 Erica November 3, 2009 at 10:56 pm

I think lazy blogger is the last thing anyone could call you! Sometimes easy throw together dinners are the only way to go! I still haven’t tried that ice cream- sounds so good

19 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) November 3, 2009 at 11:24 pm

I saw Edy’s Apple Pie ice cream at Super Target the other day!! With pie crust and apple pieces!!! OH MY GOSH!!!

20 Christy November 4, 2009 at 12:50 am

hahaha that dinner looks like some of my odd creations… and p.s. if you like peppermint icecream, DON’T try chickfila’s new peppermint milkshake, you’ll be addicted!!!!

21 Tay November 4, 2009 at 1:30 am

A month is a record?! Holy moly lady, I finished my pumpkin ice cream in a week, and I’ve been known to polish off containers in 2 days! Sad, but true.

22 One Healthy Apple November 4, 2009 at 2:27 am

I have never tried the pumpkin ice cream for fear of never eating another food again! Sometimes random lazy dinners are the best!

23 jennylikestorun November 4, 2009 at 3:33 am

Man I’d so love to try Pumpkin ice cream, but they don’t sell it here in New Zealand! ๐Ÿ™ So depressing.
I LOVE peppermint ice cream though ๐Ÿ˜€ Peppermint is AWESOME.

24 lessonstolearn November 4, 2009 at 7:24 am

No ice cream has survived in my freezer for more than a week. I’m impressed!

25 allisonisactive November 4, 2009 at 7:39 am

Edy’s Peppermint that they only have in winter is the BEST! I limit myself to one container and stretch it out as loooong as possible… Otherwise I would eat about a quart every day. ๐Ÿ™‚

26 Virginia November 4, 2009 at 8:05 am

i love your blog! i visit 3 times a day but never comment. pleeeaasseee recycle!!! thanks.

27 Stacy November 4, 2009 at 7:28 pm

I second that!

28 Deva (Voracious Vorilee) November 4, 2009 at 8:25 am

I know what you mean about feeling lazy – lately I’ve felt like a lazy one, and there is a lot that I need to do!

29 healthy ashley November 4, 2009 at 8:44 am

You might have been lazy when making dinner, but it looks like it turned out great! I always keep some of my sweet potato carrot soup in the freezer- or a takeout menu- for nights like that ๐Ÿ™‚

30 greensandjeans November 4, 2009 at 9:04 am

that pumpkin ice cream barely lasts a week around here! both the peppermint and the egg nog are fantastic and are definitely worth keeping your eyes peeled for!

31 Ally November 4, 2009 at 10:32 am

I LOVE the pepppermint ice cream, it’s my favorite!

32 Tina November 4, 2009 at 10:34 am

I hate having no motivation to cook! Or worse, not knowing what you’re craving. I think that’s an even more frustrating feeling. At least you got your ice cream fix in!

33 Lindsey November 4, 2009 at 10:40 am

LOL @ the person looking that closely at your trash.

34 Kathleen November 4, 2009 at 11:05 am

I had the same problem last night. I went with a boca burger and apple slices. And how does your ice cream make it a month?! ๐Ÿ™‚