Halfway There

by Meghann on November 3, 2009

This morning I began week 9 of my marathon training plan which mean I am almost halfway through! Can you believe it? It feels like yesterday I was putting this thing together and now I’m at the halfway point. πŸ™‚

I have diligently been tracking my miles since I’ve started. As you can see below the days marked in gray are the ones I have completed and the distances in red were the actual distance I ran that day.

distrainingwk7

(click to enlarge)

And in case you were curious here is a breakdown of what November is going to look like.

NovPlan

(click to enlarge)

I am taking a taper week for San Francisco, but still plan to knock out 11 miles with Sabrina on Sunday morning. I’m really looking forward to this run – I just hope we don’t get lost! πŸ™‚

Per my plan I ran a 7 mile taper run with the first 2 miles at goal pace, middle 3 at taper pace and the final 2 at goal pace. It was a little chilly and rainy which created perfect running weather.

I struggled a bit keeping my taper pace. Some weeks I feel really fast and other weeks I drag. Oh well.

After my run I enjoy a bowl of cereal for breakfast.

IMG_5101

IMG_5102

I gutted my first pom of the season last night. It sat on my counter for two weeks before I decided to take the time to crack the baby open. Its a lot of work to get the little pom jewels out of their shell, but its worth the nice fruity crunch to my cereal in the end.

Check out this awesome photo of Maddie’s tongue making its way to my breakfast. lol

IMG_5097

Don’t worry, I smacked her away before she snuck anymore bites.

A Big Thanks for everyone’s advice regarding my soup explosion last night. From now on I will make sure the soup is cool before trying to blend it in the blender.

And just as as a side note: I did have an immersion blender (I call it a hand blender) but it broke last month. πŸ™ I think I am going to invest in a new one or hope that Santa brings me one for Christmas. πŸ˜‰

Keep the votes coming!

Don’t forget to get your daily votes in for the Sam-e Good Mood Blogger! Only a few more days left, so please keep voting!

1 megan November 3, 2009 at 9:46 am

great idea to add pom seeds to your cereal! I love them, but I always just eat them straight out of the bowl, I’ve never mixed them with anything. I think Caitlin put them in pancakes awhile ago too…so many good ideas!

2 Mish November 3, 2009 at 9:46 am

SO swanky with the hand blender. They are the BEST things ever (Which you know). I use it all the time. especially coming into fall/winter w/ soups.

3 rhodeygirltests November 3, 2009 at 9:56 am

I am seriously impressed by the organization of your training plan. For some reason I never thought to use Excel, and just use the “training plan” page of my other blog to keep track, but I like the idea of having my weekly mileage tallied etc. I am going to model my next plan design after this one- thanks for sharing!

Also, I am stoked to have a running buddy this weekend!

4 sugiorg November 3, 2009 at 9:57 am

man, that’s disgusting (maddie’s tongue in your food)

5 Diana November 3, 2009 at 9:57 am

Hmmm pom. πŸ™‚

6 Sarah (from See Sarah Eat) November 3, 2009 at 10:05 am

Lol, Maddie thought it looked good too πŸ˜‰

7 Erica November 3, 2009 at 10:06 am

Just voted again- fyi πŸ˜‰ Nice job on the running πŸ™‚ You always inspire me! You’re going to have a blast in San Fran- I am totally jealous

8 Matt November 3, 2009 at 10:21 am

I need a hand blender! I might start looking for one this week. Are they expensive?

9 Nicole November 3, 2009 at 10:26 am

I am so impressed by your super organization! The fun organization alone makes me miss running. If only my feet and knee will heal!

Maddie’s cameo in your breakfast photo made me lol. Pokey is always doing silly stuff like that! He’ll climb over me taking a picture and stick his face in whatever I’m doing. I think he just likes to be on the blog πŸ˜‰

10 Rose November 3, 2009 at 10:37 am

your dedication to running amazes me. I love reading about it daily – very inspirational. You’re doing great, girl.

11 Evan Thomas November 3, 2009 at 11:10 am

Such organization! I wish I was that way with my homework, haha

12 MelissaNibbles November 3, 2009 at 11:12 am

That breakfast looks fab. Love the bright colors!

13 brandi November 3, 2009 at 11:14 am

I love that Maddie is sneaking a bite πŸ™‚ My cat, Roxy, was sniffing my oatmeal this morning.

14 colleen November 3, 2009 at 11:15 am

Marathon training is like that – some weeks you’re fast, some weeks you’re slow. All that matters is race day! What is “taper pace”?

15 Sammi November 3, 2009 at 11:17 am

Congrats on making it to the half way point! I wonder if Maddie picked right then to dig in since you were busy taking pictures πŸ™‚ dogs are smart little things!

16 katy November 3, 2009 at 11:18 am

you’re running the space coast 1/2? small world! i was thinking about running it, but thanks to injuries, i’ll be volunteering!

17 carolyn~ November 3, 2009 at 11:42 am

Enjoy your run in the City. It should give you some nice hill training :). Hopefully you will go along the Embarcadero and over to the Golden Gate, that is one of my favorite runs and part of the Nike course! Have fun!

18 dailygoods November 3, 2009 at 11:52 am

voted for you πŸ™‚ youre so close! top 3! dang girl !

19 Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) November 3, 2009 at 11:55 am

the 11 miles in SF will be a fun run I bet! πŸ™‚

20 allisonisactive November 3, 2009 at 12:08 pm

Way to go with the marathon training! Race day will arrive before you know it, and it looks like you’ll knock ’em dead.

21 greensandjeans November 3, 2009 at 12:09 pm

yay for the halfway point!

22 sarah (ghost world) November 3, 2009 at 1:06 pm

the organizing junkie in me LOVES your spreadsheets! looks like you have great plans in place!

i made your pumpkin scones last night — here they are! they aren’t as pretty as yours, but they were very tasty! thanks for the recipe πŸ™‚

23 Betty November 3, 2009 at 1:19 pm

I used to live in San Francisco and you are going to LOVE running there — so many hills and downright gorgeous views. If you can get over to Chrissy Field (which is pretty easy from almost anywhere — though I’m not sure where you’re staying), you’ll be treated to amazing views of both Alcatraz and the Golden Gate Bridge. Do it! You won’t regret it!

24 aron November 3, 2009 at 1:58 pm

hey girl!! i am doing my long run (18) on sunday this weekend, what time are you guys planning on running?? i might be able to come meet you guys if you wanted! i know the routes so you wouldnt get lost πŸ™‚ email me if you want and maybe we can plan something!

25 Jenna November 3, 2009 at 2:12 pm

great job on the marathon training! yummy bowl of cereal πŸ™‚
jenna

26 MarathonVal November 3, 2009 at 2:15 pm

Great job with your training so far! I wish I had another marathon coming up, I’m jealous πŸ˜‰

27 Megan November 3, 2009 at 3:09 pm

I had the exact same problem w/ making a soup the other day…but thankfully it wasn’t as bad b/c it wasnt that full!!

I’m glad to know it happens when it’s too hot or too full! I’ll keep that in mind in the future!

PS Congrats on the halfway mark! I’m running Disney too and I can’t believe it!

28 Susan November 3, 2009 at 4:37 pm

I love hearing about your marathon training! It always makes me realize that there’s so much more than just doing the miles – especially if you want to get fast! πŸ˜‰

29 Christine November 3, 2009 at 5:23 pm

How did you come up with your training plan? I haven’t entered any races but I want to set a goal and have a laid out plan how to get there.

30 Madeline November 3, 2009 at 7:18 pm

I laughed out loud like a crazy person when I say the photo of your soup everywhere! And I think I’m coming around to using Excel to map out a training plan… Good luck! You’ve already accomplished so much just by keeping your dedication and stamina up. Keep up the awesome work!

31 Erin November 4, 2009 at 9:25 am

I love, love, love your organization!! I just did a post about how my organization saves me time and sanity!

When you and Sabrina run Saturday, you should go down to the Piers and run on the Esplanade. I don’t know how many miles it is, but it’s probably the straightest/longest route that isn’t on a street or throughout neighborhoods. That is, however, if you don’t want to chance getting lost and instead run throughout the hills/neighborhoods of SF! Good way to see the city for sure!