First Monday in November

by Meghann on November 2, 2009

I still can’t believe its really November!

I know this month is going to fly by, so I need to make sure and relish every moment of it I can.  This weekend is San Francisco, next is the Orlando Food and Wine Festival, then Tallahassee and before I know it Thanksgiving will be here! I’m going to blink and it will be Christmas.

The time change did a number on my body yesterday. I passed out about 2 minutes after climbing in my bed and woke up around 3:00am with my book on my chest and the bed stand light still on. Whoops.

I woke up feeling really energized – I think its because my body thought it was 6:30 and not 5:30. I was able to knock out a 40 minute pillates session on ExerciseTV on Demand, shower and prepare breakfast in record time.

Breakfast after my run on Saturday was too good not to repeat again this morning.

I’m bummed this is my last Vegan Pumpkin Scone. I will have to make another batch in the near future!

The Pumpkin Smoothie was identical to the one on Saturday (recipe here). Very delicious, but it may have been a little to chilly out to thoroughly enjoy it this morning.

I am currently sucking down a large cup of hot tea to try and warm up.

Just a reminder that this is the last week to get votes in for the Sam-e Good Mood Blogger. PLEASE remember to keep your votes coming everyday! I can’t thank everyone enough for all the support. Thanks again for keeping me in the Top 20!

1 Nicci@NiftyEats November 2, 2009 at 9:49 am

Happy November, I’m excited about an extra hour to workout. My body is back in tune and I’m not tired anymore.

2 Paige at Running Around Normal November 2, 2009 at 9:55 am

The time change affects my body strangely too. Honestly I could do without it!
Looks like a great breakfast!

3 sisrocks1996 November 2, 2009 at 10:17 am

I want to try that smoothie! I know I woke up earlier then usual nice perk 😉 I’m still tired though! If I made those scones I KNOW I would have no self control.

4 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) November 2, 2009 at 10:21 am

Hooray for using the time change to do some fitness! I agree–time is flyyyyyyying!

5 greensandjeans November 2, 2009 at 10:21 am

We don’t participate in daylight savings here in Arizona! I wish we did because I always loved the extra sunlight!

6 megan November 2, 2009 at 10:32 am

that smoothie looks ridiculously good! Totally worth the cold feeling afterwards. and it’s a good excuse to drink another cup of tea 🙂

I made a second bath of pumpkin scones this weekend too! but I have to exercise self to control when eating them because they are the unhealthy version of yours 🙂

7 lauradishes November 2, 2009 at 10:38 am

You have so many fun weekends coming up! I agree- it’s amazing what changing the clocks just one hour does! But now you won’t have to run in the dark anymore.. 🙂

8 Jenna November 2, 2009 at 10:47 am

yummy breaky! and yes this month will fly by for you, you have sooo much fun activities going on 🙂

9 Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) November 2, 2009 at 11:20 am

I seriously cannot believe it’s November already either. I’m very excited for San Francisco this weekend though! It will be a blast.

10 Evan Thomas November 2, 2009 at 11:39 am

I woke up before my alarm. This time shift thing is definitely toying with me

11 dailygoods November 2, 2009 at 11:42 am

happy november!! get to see you in 4 dayssssssssss

12 JW November 2, 2009 at 11:44 am

Hey there! I really need to make those scones and the pumpkin smoothie! Wanted to tell you I’ve been voting every day for ya! Hope it works out!!

13 Jessie (Vegan-minded) November 2, 2009 at 11:58 am

What a great pumpkin-y breakfast! I need to make those scones in the near future. 🙂

14 MelissaNibbles November 2, 2009 at 12:16 pm

Got to get in all that pumpkin while you can! Great breakie!

15 Inge November 2, 2009 at 12:20 pm

I’m from Europe (the Netherlands, it’s tiny you nearly can’t find it on the world map ;)) and since reading your and other blogs i have fallen in love with pumpkin which is not common at all in europe, i ve made your scones this weekend and I absoluttly love them, tnx for the great recipe

16 MegaNerd November 2, 2009 at 12:37 pm

If you make more scones, bring me one, PLEASE! 😀 They look delicious!

17 The Pancake Girl November 2, 2009 at 12:45 pm

I often eat the same breakfast day after day when they’re worthy enough for a repeat!!

( )

18 biz319 November 2, 2009 at 1:21 pm

I voted again!

The only thing I hate about the time change in the fall is that it will dark when I leave the office at 5:00 today. 🙁

19 Betty November 2, 2009 at 1:44 pm

Are tickets to the Food & Wine Festival pretty reasonable? I *really* want to go to the one in San Diego but tickets are like $100 and up?!

20 Meghann November 2, 2009 at 3:21 pm

I think the tix are like $10 a piece, but then you pay for each food you sample individually

21 Megan November 2, 2009 at 1:46 pm

Crazy that it’s November! I felt ready for bed at 5PM last night b/c it was SOOO dark!!

22 Lauren November 2, 2009 at 2:22 pm

the pilates on ExerciseTV is soo good. There is a ballet inspired one that totally blasts your glutes and abs, it’s amazing.

23 Emily November 2, 2009 at 2:51 pm

[I said this on my blog but in case you didn’t see it….]

I think you can skip the gift card (it was a present!) and just start from there. I sort of “cheated” too because I ended up buying most of this week’s groceries last Thursday. I am so glad you are doing the challenge too!

24 Lizzy November 2, 2009 at 2:55 pm

That scone looks just as good as it did the other day! yumm

25 Matt November 2, 2009 at 2:56 pm

It has been chilly here lately and I haven’t been in the smoothie mood. Oats all the way!

26 Melissa S. November 2, 2009 at 7:03 pm

what a busy month you have ahead of you!

btw, going to be in orlando area just before the 11th…ehhh??? :D:D:D

27 Melissa S. November 2, 2009 at 7:04 pm

in January i mean…:)

28 amanda November 2, 2009 at 7:24 pm

good luck with the money challenge! I honestly say dont count san fran in your tally, its WAY to expensive and you will run up half your hundred bucks easily!

29 Jim November 4, 2009 at 4:49 pm

That vegan scone looked pretty amazing. I generally prefer the real scones, but my sister is vegan as well and I have tried vegan products before, so I will have to see if she can whip me up some.

Also, good work with Exercise TV. What a great service! Free and soooo many great workouts.