First Monday in November

by Meghann on November 2, 2009

I still can’t believe its really November!

I know this month is going to fly by, so I need to make sure and relish every moment of it I can.  This weekend is San Francisco, next is the Orlando Food and Wine Festival, then Tallahassee and before I know it Thanksgiving will be here! I’m going to blink and it will be Christmas.

The time change did a number on my body yesterday. I passed out about 2 minutes after climbing in my bed and woke up around 3:00am with my book on my chest and the bed stand light still on. Whoops.

I woke up feeling really energized – I think its because my body thought it was 6:30 and not 5:30. I was able to knock out a 40 minute pillates session on ExerciseTV on Demand, shower and prepare breakfast in record time.

Breakfast after my run on Saturday was too good not to repeat again this morning.

IMG_5030

I’m bummed this is my last Vegan Pumpkin Scone. I will have to make another batch in the near future!

IMG_5032

The Pumpkin Smoothie was identical to the one on Saturday (recipe here). Very delicious, but it may have been a little to chilly out to thoroughly enjoy it this morning.

IMG_5038

I am currently sucking down a large cup of hot tea to try and warm up.

IMG_5040

Votes

Just a reminder that this is the last week to get votes in for the Sam-e Good Mood Blogger. PLEASE remember to keep your votes coming everyday! I can’t thank everyone enough for all the support. Thanks again for keeping me in the Top 20!

1 Nicci@NiftyEats November 2, 2009 at 9:49 am

Happy November, I’m excited about an extra hour to workout. My body is back in tune and I’m not tired anymore.

2 Paige at Running Around Normal November 2, 2009 at 9:55 am

The time change affects my body strangely too. Honestly I could do without it!
Looks like a great breakfast!

3 sisrocks1996 November 2, 2009 at 10:17 am

I want to try that smoothie! I know I woke up earlier then usual nice perk 😉 I’m still tired though! If I made those scones I KNOW I would have no self control.

4 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) November 2, 2009 at 10:21 am

Hooray for using the time change to do some fitness! I agree–time is flyyyyyyying!

5 greensandjeans November 2, 2009 at 10:21 am

We don’t participate in daylight savings here in Arizona! I wish we did because I always loved the extra sunlight!

6 megan November 2, 2009 at 10:32 am

that smoothie looks ridiculously good! Totally worth the cold feeling afterwards. and it’s a good excuse to drink another cup of tea 🙂

I made a second bath of pumpkin scones this weekend too! but I have to exercise self to control when eating them because they are the unhealthy version of yours 🙂

7 lauradishes November 2, 2009 at 10:38 am

You have so many fun weekends coming up! I agree- it’s amazing what changing the clocks just one hour does! But now you won’t have to run in the dark anymore.. 🙂

8 Jenna November 2, 2009 at 10:47 am

yummy breaky! and yes this month will fly by for you, you have sooo much fun activities going on 🙂
jenna

9 Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) November 2, 2009 at 11:20 am

I seriously cannot believe it’s November already either. I’m very excited for San Francisco this weekend though! It will be a blast.

10 Evan Thomas November 2, 2009 at 11:39 am

I woke up before my alarm. This time shift thing is definitely toying with me

11 dailygoods November 2, 2009 at 11:42 am

happy november!! get to see you in 4 dayssssssssss

12 JW November 2, 2009 at 11:44 am

Hey there! I really need to make those scones and the pumpkin smoothie! Wanted to tell you I’ve been voting every day for ya! Hope it works out!!

13 Jessie (Vegan-minded) November 2, 2009 at 11:58 am

What a great pumpkin-y breakfast! I need to make those scones in the near future. 🙂

14 MelissaNibbles November 2, 2009 at 12:16 pm

Got to get in all that pumpkin while you can! Great breakie!

15 Inge November 2, 2009 at 12:20 pm

I’m from Europe (the Netherlands, it’s tiny you nearly can’t find it on the world map ;)) and since reading your and other blogs i have fallen in love with pumpkin which is not common at all in europe, i ve made your scones this weekend and I absoluttly love them, tnx for the great recipe

16 MegaNerd November 2, 2009 at 12:37 pm

If you make more scones, bring me one, PLEASE! 😀 They look delicious!

17 The Pancake Girl November 2, 2009 at 12:45 pm

I often eat the same breakfast day after day when they’re worthy enough for a repeat!!

( http://www.joelygolightly.wordpress.com )

18 biz319 November 2, 2009 at 1:21 pm

I voted again!

The only thing I hate about the time change in the fall is that it will dark when I leave the office at 5:00 today. 🙁

19 Betty November 2, 2009 at 1:44 pm

Are tickets to the Food & Wine Festival pretty reasonable? I *really* want to go to the one in San Diego but tickets are like $100 and up?!

20 Meghann November 2, 2009 at 3:21 pm

I think the tix are like $10 a piece, but then you pay for each food you sample individually

21 Megan November 2, 2009 at 1:46 pm

Crazy that it’s November! I felt ready for bed at 5PM last night b/c it was SOOO dark!!

22 Lauren November 2, 2009 at 2:22 pm

the pilates on ExerciseTV is soo good. There is a ballet inspired one that totally blasts your glutes and abs, it’s amazing.

23 Emily November 2, 2009 at 2:51 pm

[I said this on my blog but in case you didn’t see it….]

I think you can skip the gift card (it was a present!) and just start from there. I sort of “cheated” too because I ended up buying most of this week’s groceries last Thursday. I am so glad you are doing the challenge too!

24 Lizzy November 2, 2009 at 2:55 pm

That scone looks just as good as it did the other day! yumm

25 Matt November 2, 2009 at 2:56 pm

It has been chilly here lately and I haven’t been in the smoothie mood. Oats all the way!

26 Melissa S. November 2, 2009 at 7:03 pm

what a busy month you have ahead of you!

btw, going to be in orlando area just before the 11th…ehhh??? :D:D:D

27 Melissa S. November 2, 2009 at 7:04 pm

in January i mean…:)

28 amanda November 2, 2009 at 7:24 pm

good luck with the money challenge! I honestly say dont count san fran in your tally, its WAY to expensive and you will run up half your hundred bucks easily!

29 Jim November 4, 2009 at 4:49 pm

That vegan scone looked pretty amazing. I generally prefer the real scones, but my sister is vegan as well and I have tried vegan products before, so I will have to see if she can whip me up some.

Also, good work with Exercise TV. What a great service! Free and soooo many great workouts.