My Turn

by Meghann on October 28, 2009

This morning it was my turn to send out one of those annoying ‘treats in the kitchen’ e-mails.

Mini Pumpkin Muffins in the Main Kitchen

Enjoy! 🙂

I think its more fun to be the one sending than the one receiving.

Best part is I already got a couple of responses!

I tried them and they are delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are so good 🙂

Those are delicious, by the way!  I’d love the recipe.

Those brought a big smile to my face. 🙂 I hope my co-worker isn’t too disappointed when I tell her its from a box! Oh well!

So far it has been an easy morning for me. I ran an easy 3 miles with 6×100 strides per my training schedule.

You can’t tell from the photo, but breakfast was full of chocolate delight.

IMG_4641

• 1/2 cup Quaker Oatmeal Squares
  • 1/2 cup Annie’s Coco & Vanilla Bunnies
  • 1/4 cup Chocolate is for Lovers Granola
  • Pear
  • Plain Yogurt

This bowl was extra sweet, but very tasty. It was a nice little sugar rush to start my morning, I just hope I don’t end up with a mid-morning sugar crash. 😉

IMG_4640

I’m still on a baking high from yesterday and am considering bringing in another treat for the office tomorrow. Anyone have any good Pumpkin or Halloween themed suggestions?

Reminder…

1 Leah October 28, 2009 at 8:33 am

haha glad that your coworkers enjoyed the treat! Nice to be on that side of the email I bet!

2 Jessica October 28, 2009 at 8:37 am

Pumpkin scones! I just posted some a few days ago. I put some feative candy corn kisses in them to make them more ‘Halloweenie,’ but I think they’d work best with pumpkin spice kisses!

3 Emily October 28, 2009 at 8:38 am

All this baking definitely makes me glad I don’t work in an office! Baked goods like those are hard to resist!

4 Nicci@NIftyEats October 28, 2009 at 8:43 am

Yay, glad everyone enjoyed them!! Nice to have baked goods that are healthier than store bought.

5 rhodeygirltests October 28, 2009 at 8:46 am

yes your photos do look a little muted for some reason.

those muffins look kick@ss. And although they are in a mini muffin tin I wouldn’t eat just one.

6 megan October 28, 2009 at 8:49 am

I have a few pumpkin recipes on my blog. Not sure any of them would fit your definition of healthy though 🙂 But they taste amazing!! 🙂

7 chasingthenow October 28, 2009 at 9:09 am

I enjoyed my own little bit of chocolate today. It just hit the spot! Sometimes a girl needs chocolate and no substitutions can be accepted!

8 Sarah (from See Sarah Eat) October 28, 2009 at 9:10 am

Haha, I love being the one sending them out too! 🙂

9 greensandjeans October 28, 2009 at 9:10 am

I’ve seen some great pumpkin cookie recipes floating around in the blogosphere!

10 Jenna October 28, 2009 at 9:19 am

glad everyone enjoyed them!
i defs think you should make something else tomorrow 🙂
jenna

11 JuicyJessy October 28, 2009 at 9:20 am

I’m curious for the recipe’s, people don’t bake with pumpkin over here. Most people in Belgium don’t even ever get passed the plain old pumpkin soup 🙂

12 Meg October 28, 2009 at 9:25 am

I love baking highs!! Glad your coworkers are enjoying your treats 🙂

Got my daily vote in 😉
Meg

13 healthy ashley October 28, 2009 at 9:42 am

I’d love to work in your office 😉

14 Mia October 28, 2009 at 9:47 am

I have been baking a lot this week, but giving most of it away except for a taste to make sure it is safe. 🙂 Last night was jumble cookies (coconut, dark chocolate, cranberries, walnuts, raisins, dates, oats) and dark chocolate hazelnut cookies. I also made devil’s food cake with bright orange chocolate buttercream. The healthy pumpkin dessert that I made was a pumpkin dip for dipping apples, cinnamon pita chips, pears, spreading on waffles, etc.

Pumpkin Dip

1 1/2 c. pumpkin puree
1/2 c. or 4 ounces reduced fat cream cheese
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/3 c. agave (you could use brown sugar if you want)

Combine all ingredients and puree in food processor. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Serve cold.

15 Juli D. October 28, 2009 at 9:48 am

These aren’t healthy – but I’ve made them for work, parties and gifts and they’ve always gotten a great response.

Iced Pumpkin Cookies:

I think they’re a touch better if you use 1 c. white sugar and 1/2 c. brown sugar (instead of 1 1/2 c. white sugar).

16 Kelly October 28, 2009 at 9:50 am

I have a super easy pumpkin cookie recipe- mix one can pumpkin, 1 box spice cake mix and one bag chocolate chips…bake 350 degrees..till they no longer look wet…Enjoy!

17 brandi October 28, 2009 at 9:51 am

glad your muffins turned out well!

18 Megan October 28, 2009 at 10:07 am

Pumpkin cranberry bread!!! It’s super quick and easy and SOOOO good! You can make it into muffins too.

19 runnerskitchen October 28, 2009 at 10:09 am

Two of my fav pumpkin cookies:

vegan(!) molasses pumpkin cookies: http://runnerskitchen.wordpress.com/2009/10/05/all-warmed-up/

iced pumpkin cookies: http://runnerskitchen.wordpress.com/2008/10/10/high-mileage-and-cookies-100408-100808/

both use part ww flour, so they’re a little bit healthy 🙂

20 Clay October 28, 2009 at 10:11 am

One of my favorite things to make is to make a pumpkin pancake batter thats a little thicker than regular batter, then ill just put like 2tbsp in the pan and they make little ‘galettes’. Top with a little cream cheese frosting (mixed with cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, etc) and you have the best little ‘cookies’ ever.

I think you should just bring in the pear/yogurt medley. That bad boy got my tumbly all grumbly.

21 courtlove111 October 28, 2009 at 10:18 am

I posted my recipe yesterday Courtney’s Creamy Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Treats…turned out great and was about 133 cals per serving.

Courtney
Adventures in Tri-ing

22 Pumpkin Cupcakes! October 28, 2009 at 10:21 am

Hi There! I made these hungry girl pumpkin cupcakes with carmel topping this past weekend and they turned out really good!

23 Jenny October 28, 2009 at 10:22 am

You gotta try these. they are delish. i made them for my roommates (im in college) and they devoured them!!!

i made them mini-size!

24 Annie October 28, 2009 at 10:24 am

Today is National Chocolate Day!

25 Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) October 28, 2009 at 10:26 am

I love that mix from Trader Joe’s. it’s so easy and it always impresses people!

26 allisonisactive October 28, 2009 at 10:29 am

How about a healthy but tasty breakfast or lunch item? Sometimes it’s nice to be reminded that holiday treats don’t have to be sugary sweet, or pack on the pounds, but can be healthy, too!

Do you have a crock pot? You could make a big batch of a fall vegetable soup or stew and keep it warm in the crock pot. If you provided bowls and spoons, people would probably love it, and it would make a healthy lunch!

27 joelygolightly October 28, 2009 at 10:34 am

Chocolate chip pumpkin cookies! Sadly I don’t have the recipe handy, but I’m sure if you wanted to make them and googled, you’d come up with something delish. 🙂

( http://www.joelygolightly.wordpress.com )

28 Diana October 28, 2009 at 10:42 am

That’s awesome that your co-workers liked the muffins! 🙂
That breakfast sounds yummy 😉

29 Evan Thomas October 28, 2009 at 10:49 am

Your office is so friendly amongst itself, it’s great to see!

30 Lizzy October 28, 2009 at 10:50 am

i love receiving emails like that! just puts a smile on your face right!?

31 Rebecca @ Durch Dick und Duenn October 28, 2009 at 10:56 am

what a great idea with the hershey kisses!! I may actually have to try this out!

32 Stephanie October 28, 2009 at 11:20 am
33 Morgan @ Life After Bagels October 28, 2009 at 11:23 am

I like your work sweet potluck kind of thing you guys have going. Whenever there is food at our work it lasts about 5 seconds and the break room looks like wild animals went stampeding through it.

34 angieinatlanta October 28, 2009 at 12:18 pm

Yay! I’m glad your co-workers enjoyed your treat!

35 Mama Pea October 28, 2009 at 1:21 pm

You are so sweet to share. I totally would have hoarded those mini muffins for myself 🙂

36 loveprevails October 28, 2009 at 4:53 pm

yumm all your Pumpkin talk is making me hungry for pumpkin bread-y things which are not avaliable in my dorm!! BOO!
ps please check out my latest post
I know you run so please read and send to your friends that run too! This is important to me because the girl is my friend!

37 melissa October 28, 2009 at 5:41 pm

you got me hooked on edys pumpkin ice cream!
what you have to try is the graham cracker pie crust, put the ice cream in it stick it back in the freezer—best dessert ever!!! try it! 🙂

38 Bridget October 28, 2009 at 6:32 pm

I love giving AND receiving office treats!! Yum! I want a muffin! Also your yogurt bowl of goodness looks incredible! My fav is classic choc. chip pumpkin bread

39 Andee (LAEasyMeals) October 28, 2009 at 6:48 pm

I made some yummy pumpkin walnut bars a couple weeks ago. You can pretty much mix anything into the mix, raisins, nuts, chocolate whatever, it will all taste good!