All Gone

by Meghann on October 28, 2009

My batch of muffins went from this:

IMG_4645

To this:

IMG_4649

In less than an hour. πŸ˜‰

I was told to make more next time so everyone could have a chance to try them.

I managed to steal a Pumpkin Muffin before they were all gone and nibbled on it after a 2 hour meeting this morning.

IMG_4648

I’ve decided to save my next baking adventure for Friday morning and am going to attempt a batch of Vegan Pumpkin Scones. Wish me luck with that one!

I was boring again for lunch.

IMG_4652

I still had pizza left over from Monday night and what can I say? I like pizza!

IMG_4657

Soup was on my mind as a side for the pizza instead of the usual salad. I dug into the depths of my cabinets and found this lovely can of Healthy Choice Italian Wedding Soup.

IMG_4650

Who knows where that soup came from or how long it has been there, but it sounded decent enough. I had a one cup serving alongside the pizza.

IMG_4653

After one slurp I realized I would have been better off with a salad. The soup was very bland and very forgettable.

IMG_4655

Window Parallels..

After a year of fighting with Ecto, a few days of struggling with Blogo, and endless hours researching every blogging software out there compatible with Mac – I have come to the conclusion that software made for Macs just isn’t going to cut it anymore.

My solution? First I plan to purchase more RAM to improve the speed of my Mac. Second I want to download or purchase Window Virtualization software that will allow me to blog through Windows Live Writer in that setting. I believe this will save my sanity.

I tweeted about my realization earlier and had a couple suggestions of purchasing Windows Parallels for what I need. I’m in the process of researching that software and hopefully I will be a happier blogger in the end.

Does anyone use Window Parallels? Any good or bad feedback?

1 Jessica October 28, 2009 at 1:08 pm

I have a Mac and am having some blogging issues today. Good info to know.

2 Matt October 28, 2009 at 1:08 pm

I need to make some pumpkin muffins πŸ˜‰

3 Gina October 28, 2009 at 1:09 pm

I used to use Windows Parallels for work. It’s like a computer in a computer. I actually found it a little annoying because it was a pain to transfer files through to parallels. It also worked slow and made my computer slower. I quit using it after a few weeks. I decided it was easier to just use an extra computer at work if I needed too.
This was about 2 years ago, so it may have improved since then. πŸ™‚

4 tlconrad October 28, 2009 at 1:10 pm

I LOVE LOVE LOVE weddingsoup, but healthy choice is not so good. i usually go for homemade with the wedding, the canned is usually just broth.

TLC

5 megan October 28, 2009 at 1:27 pm

I am a computer programmer, but this is beyond my expertise. sounds like you know more about it than I do! Good luck!

6 Jaimie October 28, 2009 at 1:30 pm

What veggies are on that yummy pizza of yours? I see onions and sprouts but what else?

7 melissa October 28, 2009 at 1:35 pm

I love mufifns, I plan to bake a bunch this weekend! oh, and I am giving away a $50 fitness gear gift card onmy blog if you are interested.

8 Jenna October 28, 2009 at 1:35 pm

yay for the pumpkin muffins πŸ™‚ glad they were a hit!
jenna

9 Emily October 28, 2009 at 1:49 pm

Windows Live Writer is God’s gift to bloggers. And it’s free.

10 Erin October 28, 2009 at 1:50 pm

I work at Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health in Mass. and we have amazing vegan/organiz scones served here. Maybe try this recipe. They are amazing!!! You can add pumpkin or anything:-) Happy baking!

Scones
Deb: This is a great recipe that can take on many flavors. Try adding candied ginger or your favorite nuts and/or dried fruits. You can even split the batch and make several different kinds.

Makes 12 scones.

Combine:
3 cups flour (unbleached white and/or pastry)
Β½ cup organic sugar
1ΒΎ cups rolled oats
Β½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon baking powder
1Β½ cups of your choice of add-in (candied ginger pieces, walnuts, raisins, etc.)

Fork in:
1ΒΎ cups organic palm shortening

Combine:
1/3 cup soy milk
1/3 cup maple syrup or agave

Mix wet and dry ingredients together; batter should be stiff. Press dough into desire scone shape, approximately 1Β½ inches thick. Bake in an oven preheated to 400 degrees for 20–25 minutes until browned. Enjoy.

11 Andee (LAEasyMeals) October 28, 2009 at 6:45 pm

I have always wanted to make scones, thanks for the recipe sounds delicious!

12 Lauren October 28, 2009 at 1:52 pm

You know so much blog talk! I have no clue what some of those things were. However you lunch looks great. Italian Wedding Soup is one of my favorite soups!

13 Courtney October 28, 2009 at 1:53 pm

Man, I am sorry that Mac isn’t cutting it for ya! Using Wordpress to publish doesn’t cut it? You’re like a high profile blogger, so probs not ;] Good luck with it! Damn girl. Hope it is not too much of a pain in the ass…

Love me some punkin muffins πŸ˜€

14 Courtney October 28, 2009 at 1:54 pm

OH – AND FYI – red dress from last post is SMOKING. SMO-KEEEEEENG.

15 jennylikestorun October 28, 2009 at 2:36 pm

Pumpkin muffins look ttaasstttyyy. Man, wish I could try one. It seems you are a good baker! πŸ˜€

Shame about the sooup you had πŸ™

16 Juicy Jessy October 28, 2009 at 2:48 pm

never heard of those windows/mac stuff. although i’ve studied IT an am currently working in IT, I actually hate it, and will be happy to quit working in IT at the end of the year πŸ™‚

that said, I actually wanted to say how funny I though the name of the soup was πŸ™‚

17 weightwatchersforone October 28, 2009 at 2:57 pm

glad to hear your muffins were such a hit!

18 christina October 28, 2009 at 3:05 pm

windows parallel works awesomely sometimes and not so hot others. i’m not sure if this is a true statement, but i think it might take a bit of memory, so you definitely want to make sure that your computer is upgraded, otherwise it will be sloowwww. however, i’ve used it recently (6 mo ago) on an iMac and it was pretty easy to go back and forth.

19 Ida October 28, 2009 at 3:07 pm

I have VM on my mac and it’s really nice- so easy to go back and forth between mac and windows. Maybe you should wait and see if you get the free laptop from the good mood blog though, i think you have a good chance:)

20 Evan Thomas October 28, 2009 at 3:15 pm

I love when all my desserts go at a party, especially when they’re healthy and no one knows it!

21 Whitney @ Lettuce Love October 28, 2009 at 3:16 pm

I am going to purchase more RAM for my mac too. I think that will help with the speed since I seem to be taking a ton of pictures everyday that eat up all of the space.

22 Lisa October 28, 2009 at 3:17 pm

We are required to have windows for my school’s final exams but over half of the students in my class have macs, so we all just run windows on our macs. It’s totally easy to do and works great. I haven’t transferred files back and forth, but I’m sure it’s not that hard. After switching from using a PC, I just think mac’s are so much more user friendly, and the fact that you can easily run windows means you get the best of both worlds. Good luck!

23 Anne Marie@ New Weigh of Life October 28, 2009 at 3:17 pm

I’m glad all the muffins went-that’s awesome!

24 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) October 28, 2009 at 3:24 pm

When I was trying to convince my Momma to buy me a Mac for college, I tried to make the price as low as possible meaning I got the LOWEST amount of memory, RAM, etc. Bad idea because my compie was so slow!! My internship boss in London last year upgraded my RAM for me (woohoo) and that definitely helped a lot.

Ecto hasn’t been too big of a problem for me (knock on wood). I usually copy and paste my posts into a stickie note temporarily before I hit publish just incase it decides to disappear like it did one unfortunate day!!

25 Lizzy October 28, 2009 at 3:31 pm

i can’t believe all the muffins went! thats awesome, they must have been AMAZING! πŸ™‚

26 Ali October 28, 2009 at 3:51 pm

WOW those muffins went fast!!! Good luck with the scones, can’t wait to see the post on em’.

I use Ecto, and I have had no problems with it, what problems have you experienced??

27 Andrea October 28, 2009 at 6:08 pm

I had Parallels, but eventually deleted it. It just makes your computer run soooooooooooo slow. I just used Boot Camp (which comes free on each Mac) to go over to the Windows side…yes, it sucks to have to reboot your computer, but I have no patience and dealing with a slow as $hit computer. I’m assuming you already have windows installed?

28 Andee (LAEasyMeals) October 28, 2009 at 6:46 pm

Leftover pizza is the best, good luck with your computer troubles! Sorry I am technology illiterate πŸ™

29 Diana October 28, 2009 at 7:02 pm

Pizza is good! πŸ˜›

Good luck with the vegan scones πŸ˜‰

30 joelygolightly October 28, 2009 at 7:50 pm

You know, I really like wedding soup, but it seems like you can never find a healthy option out there- it’s frustrating. I should get my grandma’s authentic recipe and then see if I can make it a little less caloric..

31 busygradgirl October 29, 2009 at 12:32 am

Hey Meghann – I have Parallels on a newer macbook pro and I love it most of the time. The one issue I had was that it couldn’t find the wireless internet once, but otherwise it has worked fine for all windows applications.

32 Liza October 30, 2009 at 1:32 am

I need to do this too! I’m trying to figure out how to use boot camp so I can run some applications for work from home. Anybody know if I have to buy a copy of Windows to do this?! Thanks!