more ยป" />

My Favorite Day of the Week

by Meghann on October 25, 2009

Its official, Sundays have moved to the top of my list as my favorite day of the week.

Today’s Sunday was especially wonderful. A 15 mile run, a visit to the farmer’s market, grocery shopping, and spending 2 leisurely hours reading The Time Traveler’s Wife – I’d say it was the perfect way to end my three day weekend. Now I am relaxed and ready to tackle the work week ahead of me.

It had been a few weeks since I had made a trip to my favorite farmer’s market.

I was happy to see a few fall favorites in the various booths. I was tempted by pumpkin biscotti and autumn harvest pasta, but managed to make it home with only a single eggplant and okra in my bag.

The okra went straight from my bag to the sink to the oven to my plate. ๐Ÿ˜‰

That’s right, I couldn’t resist immediately making okra fries after arriving home. I experimented with BBQ Sauce as a dipper instead of ketchup, which turned out to be a big mistake. Take my advice and stick with ketchup with okra fries.

Lunch also consisted of the last of my Black Bean & Pineapple Enchiladas with plain yogurt on top.

The rest of my afternoon was spent away from my computer. I needed a mini break. Instead of typing away, I spent my time shopping, reading, and completing a few odd & ends around the house.

My coveted Race for the Taste finishing photo came in last week and I thought it made a great addition to my wall of racing accomplishments.

This photo makes me happy. ๐Ÿ™‚

My stomach felt empty all day which led to:

A Pear…

Trail Mix…

And an early dinner.

I went a little veggie crazy.

Roasted Acorn Squash, Red Potato, Eggplant, Brussel Sprouts, and Onion. Oh My!

My nice big bowl was topped with Marinara Sauce, Chickpeas, and Goat Cheese.

Mmm…. Goat Cheese.

A
perfect fall meal. Yum!

Dessert was the very last Pumpkin Surprise Cookie from last weekend and a scoop of Pumpkin Ice Cream.

Those cookies are on my ‘Need to Bake Again’ list. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I really enjoyed having a three day weekend, its a shame every weekend can’t be three days. At least at the end of this week it will be Halloween! Yay!!

Have any good costumes planned? I’m going to go for cheap by wearing an old prom dress and call myself Cinderella. Derek is planning on being my Prince Charming. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I love Halloween! The only sad part is it means October is almost over! I love October too.

Now for my daily reminder to vote for m as the Good Mood Blogger. It’s the last week so please make it count andremember to vote every day!

Don’t forget about these ladies too!!

Lindsey (www.soundeats.com)
Sarah (www.muchfruit.wordpress.com)
Ashley (www.dailygoods.wordpress.com)
Monica (www.runeatrepeat.com)
Amanda (www.runtothefinish.blogspot.com)

Good Night!!

1 Spotty Prep October 25, 2009 at 8:41 pm

I still have yet to try okra fries!! They’re definitely on my list for next week!

That picture of you and Derek is super cute ๐Ÿ™‚

2 Eating Journey October 25, 2009 at 8:41 pm

Have you ever used zuchinni as noodles. It’s another great thing to eat marinara w/. I love Farmers markets. I am lucky to live next to one and do all organic shopping there each week.

3 Brie (The Fit Bride) October 25, 2009 at 8:43 pm

Love the finish picture. I’m still hoping one day I’ll get to run with my fiance!

4 Evan Thomas October 25, 2009 at 8:45 pm

Normally Sunday’s don’t feel so much more special but this one was excellent
Glad to see you got the photo!

5 Bec October 25, 2009 at 8:49 pm

sounds like a great way to spend your sunday, just relaxing! Your race wall is amazing, i want to organize all my stuff like that

6 Julie October 25, 2009 at 8:57 pm

Holla!! I hope you got that Cinderella idea from my comment!! I’m full of amazing ideas, let me tell you.

I love the new addition to your race wall! Very cute.

7 angieinatlanta October 25, 2009 at 9:00 pm

What a lovely Sunday! I especially love the trip to the farmer’s market and taking a break from technology. We all need a little break like that every once in a while, right?

8 Jessica October 25, 2009 at 9:05 pm

I’m also sad October is almost over. ๐Ÿ™

9 joelygolightly October 25, 2009 at 9:09 pm

I cannot believe October is almost over…I feel like it seriously flew by!

How are you liking the Time Traveler’s Wife? I read it and LOVED it, although I didn’t think the movie was that great in comparison..

10 Kasondra October 25, 2009 at 9:16 pm

i love roasted veggies! they look really yummy with chickpeas on top

11 Jenna October 25, 2009 at 9:37 pm

mm i love your enchilada and dinner!
jenna

12 Las Vegas Weight Loss Challenge October 25, 2009 at 9:48 pm

Its soo cool how you put your bibs on your wall like that. I am a runner too, never thought of that.
Love all of the food choices. Looks very good!

13 Leah October 25, 2009 at 10:20 pm

I loved BBQ with my okra fries! So much better than ketchup! But I’m never a fan of ketchup so maybe Im just biased. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I also spruce up my BBQ by adding tiger sauce (pepper sauce) and agave (or honey) to it. ๐Ÿ˜€

14 Emily October 25, 2009 at 10:21 pm

Love sundays, too. 15 miles is so great!

I love the farmers’ market, too. I spent a lot of time there yesterday getting the ingredients to make a fab 5 course meal. So fun!

15 Lizzy October 25, 2009 at 11:15 pm

yay for 15 miles and for your race for the taste photo coming in! i love it!

16 Sammi October 25, 2009 at 11:18 pm

I have been saving all of my BIBs so far from my races but I only have two so I haven’t really figured out what to do with them yet.
the other night I realized I do not like eggplant ๐Ÿ™ but I’ve never tried okra and now I really want to ๐Ÿ™‚
Congrats on the run! I can’t wait until I’m ready to go that distance!

17 Carrie @ I See Monsters October 25, 2009 at 11:27 pm

Love your dinner! My favorite meal is a bowl full of veggies with stuff thrown on the top (usually an egg, or ricotta and marinara). I just ran out of pumpkin ice cream, yours is making me want to buy more…. ๐Ÿ™‚

18 Marissa October 25, 2009 at 11:30 pm

I really need to try okra!

19 Mama Pea October 25, 2009 at 11:49 pm

You are Derek are going to make such a cute Cinderella/Prince Charming! I can’t wait to see pictures.

20 Rosey Rebecca October 25, 2009 at 11:59 pm

Glad you had a nice, relaxing Sunday. I love doing nothing on Sundays except laying around in my pajamas. Sundays also make me sad though because I HATE Mondays!!

I need to try okra fries!

I almost wore my prom dress for my Halloween party last night. I walked around my apartment in it for 15 minutes before I decided that it’s too big on me now!

21 jennylikestorun October 26, 2009 at 12:58 am

I absolutely LOVE your wall of accomplishments. It’s so full too! Congratulations on everything you’ve achieved ๐Ÿ™‚ it’s so awesome to see it on display.

Sounds like you’ve had a fabulous day. The farmers market looks good, and I’m reading the TIme travelers wife atm too!
Well, amongst 2 other books, but I’m a fair way through.

I need some decent pumpkin recipes. THere’s so much yummy food with pumpkin on here and I’ve never eaten pumpkin in anything but roasted veges, so I really wanna try out some good recipes. I think I’ll try your biscuits ๐Ÿ™‚

22 Matt October 26, 2009 at 8:01 am

Sundays are my favorite too. I like to relax all day ๐Ÿ˜‰

23 Whitney @ Lettuce Love October 26, 2009 at 9:42 am

Great food! I love relaxing Sundays, they make Monday less brutal.