more ยป" />

15 Miles with My Sister

by Meghann on October 25, 2009

I <3 long run Sundays!

This morning I met mysister nice and early for a leisurely 15 mile run.

Before I left I made an Almond Butter, Pumpkin Butter, and Dark Chocolate Chip Sandwich.

We lucked out when the temps dropped to the low 60s over night. We had perfect early morning running weather and were very thankful for it the whole time.

The miles flew by and neither of us ever really struggled. All of the marathon training really is starting to sink in allowing the longer runs to not seem very scary and become doable.

Around mile 10 I did break out some Sports beans for a quick energy boost.

When we made it back to the car we had to kill an extra 2 miles and ended with a loop around the neighborhood and then a couple of laps around the Publix parking lot. I sprinted the last lap just to get it over with.

I was starving by the time the run was over and feeling like I was about to faint on the 20 minute drive back to my apartment. I need to learn to pack a snack to hold me over after my runs until I can get a proper breakfast in me.

When I did make it home I pulled together a quick and protein packed breakfast.

Egg in a basket topped with cheese

Smoothie

• Amazing Grass
  • Frozen Berries
  • Plain Yogurt
  • Granola

I LOVE smoothies after long runs. Its a great way to cool off with some added protein. PLUS they taste great. ๐Ÿ˜‰

BLOGO

After attempting to throw my computer against to the wall last night due to my constant struggles with Ecto, I decided to download a trial of Blogo.

I’m testing out the publishing program for the next couple of days and will give a full review when my opinion has fully developed. So far, so good. ๐Ÿ™‚

Don’t forget to keep the votes coming for the Sam-e Good Mood Blogger!! ๐Ÿ™‚

1 Diana October 25, 2009 at 10:56 am

Glad it was a good run ๐Ÿ™‚

2 Leah October 25, 2009 at 11:09 am

I love that you and your sister run together! Must be nice to have a running partner!

3 greensandjeans October 25, 2009 at 11:20 am

I’m so jealous that you guys have each other to run with! Doing long runs by yourself is definitely not as fun as it is when you have a running buddy!

4 angieinatlanta October 25, 2009 at 11:24 am

Congrats on a great long run! ๐Ÿ™‚

I have issues with ecto as well. I’m going to be very interested to hear your review of blogo!

5 bobbi October 25, 2009 at 11:25 am

way to rock those miles! I am off for my long run today only 11 miles but I am in a new environment. Weather is 40 degrees and the elevation is 7,000 feet!!! I hope I can do it, you have just inspired me:)

6 Susan October 25, 2009 at 11:46 am

“Leisurely 15 miles” – ha! I love how blase you make that sound ๐Ÿ˜› Seriously though, it’s an inspiration to know that I’ll feel that way about 15 miles some day too! ๐Ÿ˜€

7 Kristine October 25, 2009 at 11:52 am

I love Eggs in a Basket!! We call them One-Eyed Jacks but it’s the same thing…

Try cutting shapes in the bread to really lift your spirits! ๐Ÿ™‚

8 Evan Thomas October 25, 2009 at 12:28 pm

Great run! And I love that prerun fuel. PB and baking chips work so well together

9 Mara @ What's For Dinner? October 25, 2009 at 12:40 pm

I was SO not a fan of Blogo… i like ecto a TON better (thanks to your suggestion, actually!) I’m interested to see what you think though ๐Ÿ™‚

10 Hethir October 25, 2009 at 12:40 pm

I really like the bread you used for the PB&J. That looks like my kind of bread. I can’t wait till 15 miles is a leisure run, or that I have even run that in one day. Good job!

11 Katy T October 25, 2009 at 12:58 pm

less than 100 more votes and you’ll be in the top 5!

12 Nicci@NiftyEats October 25, 2009 at 12:59 pm

Great way to start the morning!

13 Jenna October 25, 2009 at 1:03 pm

glad you had a nice run with kelly!
jenna

14 Emily October 25, 2009 at 1:18 pm

Yay for an awesome run! That’s great.

I think I’m going to have to try eggs in a basket soon – it always looks delicious!

15 Sammi October 25, 2009 at 1:33 pm

An egg in a basket would be awesome right now. I think I’ll have to make one before I go to work (or two.. lol) Do you just throw away the circle? I never see it in the pictures. I always toast mine next to the actual egg in a basket and then dip that in the yolk as well ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m jealous of you and your sister running together! I ran with one of my sisters once and she didn’t like the fact that I talk so much while running lol and the other sister doesn’t like exercising outside. She’s a gym and workout video type of exerciser.

16 Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) October 25, 2009 at 2:04 pm

Looks like it was a great run!

17 Erin October 25, 2009 at 2:44 pm

You’re lucky that you have your sister to run with – it must keep both of you so motivated!

Have you considered eating slightly more before your long runs so you’re not so starving right afterwards? I hate the feeling of being starved after running….it almost makes me feel faint ๐Ÿ™

18 Stacey October 25, 2009 at 3:24 pm

Glad you had a good run! I’m loving the running weather here in NC lately ๐Ÿ™‚ Smoothies are my fav post run snack!

19 jennylikestorun October 25, 2009 at 3:37 pm

Sounds like you had a great run ๐Ÿ™‚ I love reading about your runs on here, I find them so motivating. I have to credit healthy living blogs for so much of my progress as a runner.
So thank you for helping me in that way ๐Ÿ™‚

20 inmytummy October 25, 2009 at 4:46 pm

I tried the trial version of Mars Edit and liked it. Have you looked at that one?

I really like Sport Beans. They used to sell them at the Target by me and now they don’t. ๐Ÿ™

21 joelygolightly October 25, 2009 at 4:51 pm

That looks like a goooooood sandwich- love the chocolate chips addition!

22 joelygolightly October 25, 2009 at 4:52 pm

ps. Where did you find dark chocolate chips? I can always only find milk chocolate and semi-sweet..

23 Paige @ Running Around Normal October 25, 2009 at 6:45 pm

Nice job on the run! 15 miles is amazing, girl. The egg in the whole plus cheese combo sounds delicious!

24 Lizzy October 25, 2009 at 7:56 pm

way to go on that run! ๐Ÿ™‚

25 Britt October 25, 2009 at 9:28 pm

Great job on the long run!
I definitely have to pack a post run snack when I do my long runs along the ocean road, as it is about a 20 minute ride back home. Usually I do a Clif bar, a sandwich thin with PB or a granola bar…. something easy to eat while I’m driving.

26 sugiorg October 26, 2009 at 9:27 am

do you and kelly talk a lot while running? or do you take your ipods with you?

27 Meghann October 26, 2009 at 9:36 am

I LOVE to talk while I run, that’s half the fun of running with someone. If we both ran with ipods then we might as well be running sperately.

28 Angie All The Way October 27, 2009 at 6:45 pm

When I first got my Mac I nearly flipped out when I realized that the blogging tools were nothing compared to Windows Live Writer. I tried Ecto, Blogo, Mars Edit and I just couldn’t use them easily and made blogging so much more labour intensive. I’m more of a WYSIWYG kind of gal. Ultimately I ended up getting Windows Parallels for Mac so that I could do all my blogging with WLW still because nothing could even hold a candle!

Great job on the running! Totally impressive!