more ยป" />

Welcome to the Top 20

by Meghann on October 22, 2009

I MADE IT TO THE TOP 20!!!!

• Goal #1 โ€“ Make it to the Top 20
  • Goal #2 โ€“ Fight like hell to stay there! ๐Ÿ˜‰

I canโ€™t thank everyone enough for all the support and votes! You can bet if I am selected I will be the perkiest, happiest Good Mood Blogger there ever was.

Please keep the votes coming until Oct. 30th so I can seal my slot in the Top 20 until the very end.

And donโ€™t forget to vote for these lovely ladies as well!

Lindsey (www.soundeats.com)
Sarah (www.muchfruit.wordpress.com)
Ashley (www.dailygoods.wordpress.com)
Monica (www.runeatrepeat.com)
Amanda (www.runtothefinish.blogspot.com)

Remember โ€œAll for One and One for Allโ€ ๐Ÿ˜‰

Waking up and seeing myself in the Top 20 was a wonderful way to start my day. I am pretty sure I had a big goofy smile plastered on my face for my entire 5 mile run.

The whole run I was thinking of what keeps me in a good mood and what I could write about. By the end I couldnโ€™t help, but feel confident and joyous about life. The ideas just kept pouring in. I believe if we all spent our mornings thinking about the good things in life, the world would be a much more positive, happy place.

One of the things that keeps me in a good mood? A good breakfast! Especially cereal for breakfast.

IMG_4145

IMG_4149

I really wanted some nut butter this morning. The Naturally Nutty Toffee Butter Peanut Butter is always a nice sweet touch in the morning.

IMG_4144

Some other things I thought of on my run that keeps me in a good mood were:

• Marathon training
  • Trying new things
  • Invent new meals
  • Spending time with my family
  • Maddie
  • Derek
  • Traveling/ New Adventures
  • Blogging
  • Reading right before I fall asleep

I could go on and on with this list, but I think you get the idea.

What are some things that keep you in a good mood at the moment?

1 Jessica October 22, 2009 at 8:42 am

Woohoo! I hope you stay there. I’ll keep on votin’!

2 Mish October 22, 2009 at 8:53 am

Congrats. I would say thinking about my family, finding new things that don’t upset my tummy, HUMMUS and my developing faith.

3 Brandi October 22, 2009 at 8:58 am

congrats on making it!

i’m in it too, but I’ll vote for all the other bloggers, as well. How fun would that be??!

4 meyergirl October 22, 2009 at 9:02 am

Congrats on the top 20!

5 greensandjeans October 22, 2009 at 9:05 am

the fact that my mom is coming to visit in a few weeks, getting ready to run my first half in a several years, my new bike shoes, the fact that it is no longer a thousand degrees out…

6 Mellissa October 22, 2009 at 9:11 am

My good mood things today-

-It is Thursday and my husband come home from a week of travel
– I am trying hot yoga for the first time tonight!
– I am enjoying a delicious everything bagel right now

7 Kelly October 22, 2009 at 9:15 am

My family
Anthony
Oliver
Making good grades
Fitting into jeans that used to be too small
Eating yummy food
Running
Positive blog comments

8 Matt October 22, 2009 at 9:19 am

I am in a good mood today too!

My family
My friends
Running
Cooking
Tomorrow is Friday… ๐Ÿ˜‰

9 Meg C. October 22, 2009 at 9:22 am

awesome job! But I thought the motto was “every woman for herself” now that you’re in the top 20?

10 Sarah (from See Sarah Eat) October 22, 2009 at 9:22 am

I’m still in a good mood/on a high from a 4.15 mile run I did yesterday (I haven’t run that much in a long time). And also my faith in God, good friends, the sunshine and all the little things about my day that I take for grated sometimes.

Good luck in the contest! I’m in it too, but I only have 100 votes so I’m sure I’ll be throwing some your way :)

11 LindsayRuns October 22, 2009 at 9:22 am

Will Derek appreciate being 6th on the list? ๐Ÿ˜‰ just kidding!

my good mood list today is:
I got to sleep in and cuddle with my hubby this morning, I got to work early despite getting up late!, I have a video chat date with my mom tonight

12 Island Girl Eats October 22, 2009 at 9:37 am

Well done on making it to the top 20!

Things that make me happy:-
My husband, my puppy, running, reading, a nice meal!

13 Nicci@NiftyEats October 22, 2009 at 9:42 am

Congrats Meghann on Top 20!!

14 VeggieGirl October 22, 2009 at 9:48 am

HELL YES!! Congratulations ๐Ÿ˜€

15 Tay October 22, 2009 at 10:02 am

Congrats!!! You deserve it :-) In a good mood?

1. Good country music
2. Laughing with the roommates
3. A good cup of coffee
4. Sweating my way through a workout
5. Good eats!

16 Anne Marie@ New Weigh of Life October 22, 2009 at 10:35 am

Something that keeps me in a good mood is knowing that I’ll see the hubby tonight. Corny, but true!

17 Nicole October 22, 2009 at 10:49 am

Lots of things keep me in a good mood! My family, my friends, animals, figthing for things I believe in, photography, good food, yoga, walking in the woods..

18 Shannon (The Daily Balance) October 22, 2009 at 10:52 am

congrats!!!

19 RunToTheFinish October 22, 2009 at 10:52 am

Congrats meghann, I really hope the rest of us can make it up there with you so we have a chance at making sure one of those we all love makes it

20 Ali October 22, 2009 at 10:54 am

Congrats Girly!!!! Things that are keeping me in a good mood, is I am excited about apple picking with my family this weekend!

21 Tammy Eros October 22, 2009 at 11:05 am

Things that put me in a good mood…a run that leaves me energized and not exhausted, road trips with friends, Bible study with good friends, trying new recipies….

22 rhodeygirltests October 22, 2009 at 11:20 am

congrats girl i am still voting! Even though I havent met you in person yet I know you are perfect for this job!

I am in a good mood today because 1. my husband is better than I ever could have imagined and has taken care of his sick wife like an angel all week and 2. I disinfected my whole place yesterday so it feels so clean and NEW.

23 amanda October 22, 2009 at 11:31 am

I am sorry girl I cant vote for those other people! 1. I never read their blogs 2. I WANT YOU TO WIN!!!!! woooooooooo best of luck!

24 angieinatlanta October 22, 2009 at 11:49 am

Congrats on the top 20!

Fall weather puts me in a good mood! So does feelin’ fit and healthy!!

25 Mama Pea October 22, 2009 at 11:50 am

Whoo hoo! See what happens when you put positive energy out in the world!!!!??

I am in a good mood because of all the love that our blog community has for each other, the amazing friends I have, my family, my faith!

26 Megan October 22, 2009 at 11:59 am

Ok…this question is kind of strange, but I was wondering what that website is where you can search a bunch of race archives to find the results instead of just going to the race website. I think I saw it on here…

THANKS!!

27 Shannon Otto October 22, 2009 at 12:39 pm

I’ve actually never commented before, but I’ve been reading your blog for a few months – lurker alert!

Anywayyyy I’m commenting because I read that Worker Bee interview you previously linked to. I loved it for multiple reasons – I work full-time as well (with a killer commute) and it sounds like we have very similar jobs! I’m the marketing coordinator for a very small Internet software company in Atlanta. Just thought it was a cool coincidence, especially since I’ve been trying (more successfully lately) to lead a more healthy lifestyle.

Congrats on making it to the top 20! I think you’d be a great Good Mood Blogger!

28 Julie @savvyeats October 22, 2009 at 12:44 pm

Congrats! I’ll keep voting ๐Ÿ˜‰

The things putting me in a good mood are: Pumpkin scones. Planning to set a PDR in my run tonight. Blogging. My fiance.

29 stacey October 22, 2009 at 12:58 pm

I have been voting for you at work and at home. Glad to see that you made it into the top 20!

Things that put me in a good mood: my husband, weekends, my dogs, running, yoga, and wheat free, vegan brownies from this cute little bakery by my house:)

30 Andee(RuntoLive) October 22, 2009 at 1:02 pm

I love quiet mornings when I first wake up to a bowl of oatmeal and coffee. Morning workouts are great to wake me up and feel good for the rest of the day

31 April October 22, 2009 at 1:47 pm

Sunshine-y weather is sure to boost my mood!

32 Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) October 22, 2009 at 1:49 pm

Top 20!!! Yay!!! congrats!!!!

I ran this morning and finally enjoyed a run. (I’m new to running, so far it’s been tough for me.) I loved the way I felt today after my run. It was fabulous!

33 jennylikestorun October 22, 2009 at 2:38 pm

Congratulations on making it into the top 20!! That’s fantastic! I will most definitely keep voting for you :)

Some things that keep me happy are:
1. Running (which I unfortunately can’t do a whole lot of at the moment because I’m recovering from an injury :( )
2. Listening to Guns N’ Roses, Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin. I absolutely THRIVE on old school rock.
3. Camping at Marae Hako, the most beautiful place on earth.
and 4. Watching awesome movies with my boyfriend :) he gives me the best cuddles.

34 Diana October 22, 2009 at 2:39 pm

That breakfast looks so good :)

35 Jenna October 22, 2009 at 3:34 pm

looks like a great breaky!
jenna

36 Sammi October 22, 2009 at 4:30 pm

Yay for top 20! Cold cereal never keeps me full long enough :(

Happy things:
1. Running! (especially since my time keeps improving basically every run that I go on)
2. My boyfriend :)
3. My family & Lexi, my dog
4. Reading your blog along with the others I have in my google reader
5. Baking :) (I had a disastrous cake baking experience today but it was so funny that it still makes me happy lol)

37 The Healthy Apple October 22, 2009 at 5:30 pm

Yum Yum Yum; I’m looooving your eats today…

38 Monica C. October 22, 2009 at 6:38 pm

My kids
My family
My health (this is always huge for me)
Fun things on a to-do list
Running

–and this is bad —

CANDY AND GUM

39 Pen October 22, 2009 at 7:13 pm

so, i’m another admitted lurker ๐Ÿ˜‰ been reading for a few mos. without posting…
but Congrats about making it into the top 20!

The one thing that never fails to put me in a good mood is going to the dog park with my pup! (well, honestly, doing almost anything with my pup puts me in a good mood!)

40 Susan October 22, 2009 at 7:41 pm

Planning my next meal! ๐Ÿ˜›

41 lalyaaylal October 22, 2009 at 10:22 pm

another lurker emerging!

my good mood is definitely helped by cooking for other people. and relaxing with a good movie and some hot tea.

and the sunshine! (yay for indian summer)

42 chasingthenow October 22, 2009 at 10:42 pm

Yummy breakfasts keep me in a great mood. I love looking forward to breakfast when I wake up! :) Also, when I’m running I think about my husband and how much he supports me. That helps my mood if my run is less than stellar.

43 Rose October 23, 2009 at 9:55 am

Congrats!! :)

44 Lizzy October 23, 2009 at 5:19 pm

food
family
friends
running
my sister
chocolate

o the list could continue! :)