Welcome to the Top 20

by Meghann on October 22, 2009

I MADE IT TO THE TOP 20!!!!

• Goal #1 – Make it to the Top 20
  • Goal #2 – Fight like hell to stay there! ;)

I can’t thank everyone enough for all the support and votes! You can bet if I am selected I will be the perkiest, happiest Good Mood Blogger there ever was.

Please keep the votes coming until Oct. 30th so I can seal my slot in the Top 20 until the very end.

And don’t forget to vote for these lovely ladies as well!

Lindsey (www.soundeats.com)
Sarah (www.muchfruit.wordpress.com)
Ashley (www.dailygoods.wordpress.com)
Monica (www.runeatrepeat.com)
Amanda (www.runtothefinish.blogspot.com)

Remember “All for One and One for All” ;)

Waking up and seeing myself in the Top 20 was a wonderful way to start my day. I am pretty sure I had a big goofy smile plastered on my face for my entire 5 mile run.

The whole run I was thinking of what keeps me in a good mood and what I could write about. By the end I couldn’t help, but feel confident and joyous about life. The ideas just kept pouring in. I believe if we all spent our mornings thinking about the good things in life, the world would be a much more positive, happy place.

One of the things that keeps me in a good mood? A good breakfast! Especially cereal for breakfast.

IMG_4145

IMG_4149

I really wanted some nut butter this morning. The Naturally Nutty Toffee Butter Peanut Butter is always a nice sweet touch in the morning.

IMG_4144

Some other things I thought of on my run that keeps me in a good mood were:

• Marathon training
  • Trying new things
  • Invent new meals
  • Spending time with my family
  • Maddie
  • Derek
  • Traveling/ New Adventures
  • Blogging
  • Reading right before I fall asleep

I could go on and on with this list, but I think you get the idea.

What are some things that keep you in a good mood at the moment?

1 Jessica October 22, 2009 at 8:42 am

Woohoo! I hope you stay there. I’ll keep on votin’!

2 Mish October 22, 2009 at 8:53 am

Congrats. I would say thinking about my family, finding new things that don’t upset my tummy, HUMMUS and my developing faith.

3 Brandi October 22, 2009 at 8:58 am

congrats on making it!

i’m in it too, but I’ll vote for all the other bloggers, as well. How fun would that be??!

4 meyergirl October 22, 2009 at 9:02 am

Congrats on the top 20!

5 greensandjeans October 22, 2009 at 9:05 am

the fact that my mom is coming to visit in a few weeks, getting ready to run my first half in a several years, my new bike shoes, the fact that it is no longer a thousand degrees out…

6 Mellissa October 22, 2009 at 9:11 am

My good mood things today-

-It is Thursday and my husband come home from a week of travel
- I am trying hot yoga for the first time tonight!
- I am enjoying a delicious everything bagel right now

7 Kelly October 22, 2009 at 9:15 am

My family
Anthony
Oliver
Making good grades
Fitting into jeans that used to be too small
Eating yummy food
Running
Positive blog comments

8 Matt October 22, 2009 at 9:19 am

I am in a good mood today too!

My family
My friends
Running
Cooking
Tomorrow is Friday… ;)

9 Meg C. October 22, 2009 at 9:22 am

awesome job! But I thought the motto was “every woman for herself” now that you’re in the top 20?

10 Sarah (from See Sarah Eat) October 22, 2009 at 9:22 am

I’m still in a good mood/on a high from a 4.15 mile run I did yesterday (I haven’t run that much in a long time). And also my faith in God, good friends, the sunshine and all the little things about my day that I take for grated sometimes.

Good luck in the contest! I’m in it too, but I only have 100 votes so I’m sure I’ll be throwing some your way :)

11 LindsayRuns October 22, 2009 at 9:22 am

Will Derek appreciate being 6th on the list? ;) just kidding!

my good mood list today is:
I got to sleep in and cuddle with my hubby this morning, I got to work early despite getting up late!, I have a video chat date with my mom tonight

12 Island Girl Eats October 22, 2009 at 9:37 am

Well done on making it to the top 20!

Things that make me happy:-
My husband, my puppy, running, reading, a nice meal!

13 Nicci@NiftyEats October 22, 2009 at 9:42 am

Congrats Meghann on Top 20!!

14 VeggieGirl October 22, 2009 at 9:48 am

HELL YES!! Congratulations :-D

15 Tay October 22, 2009 at 10:02 am

Congrats!!! You deserve it :-) In a good mood?

1. Good country music
2. Laughing with the roommates
3. A good cup of coffee
4. Sweating my way through a workout
5. Good eats!

16 Anne Marie@ New Weigh of Life October 22, 2009 at 10:35 am

Something that keeps me in a good mood is knowing that I’ll see the hubby tonight. Corny, but true!

17 Nicole October 22, 2009 at 10:49 am

Lots of things keep me in a good mood! My family, my friends, animals, figthing for things I believe in, photography, good food, yoga, walking in the woods..

18 Shannon (The Daily Balance) October 22, 2009 at 10:52 am

congrats!!!

19 RunToTheFinish October 22, 2009 at 10:52 am

Congrats meghann, I really hope the rest of us can make it up there with you so we have a chance at making sure one of those we all love makes it

20 Ali October 22, 2009 at 10:54 am

Congrats Girly!!!! Things that are keeping me in a good mood, is I am excited about apple picking with my family this weekend!

21 Tammy Eros October 22, 2009 at 11:05 am

Things that put me in a good mood…a run that leaves me energized and not exhausted, road trips with friends, Bible study with good friends, trying new recipies….

22 rhodeygirltests October 22, 2009 at 11:20 am

congrats girl i am still voting! Even though I havent met you in person yet I know you are perfect for this job!

I am in a good mood today because 1. my husband is better than I ever could have imagined and has taken care of his sick wife like an angel all week and 2. I disinfected my whole place yesterday so it feels so clean and NEW.

23 amanda October 22, 2009 at 11:31 am

I am sorry girl I cant vote for those other people! 1. I never read their blogs 2. I WANT YOU TO WIN!!!!! woooooooooo best of luck!

24 angieinatlanta October 22, 2009 at 11:49 am

Congrats on the top 20!

Fall weather puts me in a good mood! So does feelin’ fit and healthy!!

25 Mama Pea October 22, 2009 at 11:50 am

Whoo hoo! See what happens when you put positive energy out in the world!!!!??

I am in a good mood because of all the love that our blog community has for each other, the amazing friends I have, my family, my faith!

26 Megan October 22, 2009 at 11:59 am

Ok…this question is kind of strange, but I was wondering what that website is where you can search a bunch of race archives to find the results instead of just going to the race website. I think I saw it on here…

THANKS!!

27 Shannon Otto October 22, 2009 at 12:39 pm

I’ve actually never commented before, but I’ve been reading your blog for a few months – lurker alert!

Anywayyyy I’m commenting because I read that Worker Bee interview you previously linked to. I loved it for multiple reasons – I work full-time as well (with a killer commute) and it sounds like we have very similar jobs! I’m the marketing coordinator for a very small Internet software company in Atlanta. Just thought it was a cool coincidence, especially since I’ve been trying (more successfully lately) to lead a more healthy lifestyle.

Congrats on making it to the top 20! I think you’d be a great Good Mood Blogger!

28 Julie @savvyeats October 22, 2009 at 12:44 pm

Congrats! I’ll keep voting ;)

The things putting me in a good mood are: Pumpkin scones. Planning to set a PDR in my run tonight. Blogging. My fiance.

29 stacey October 22, 2009 at 12:58 pm

I have been voting for you at work and at home. Glad to see that you made it into the top 20!

Things that put me in a good mood: my husband, weekends, my dogs, running, yoga, and wheat free, vegan brownies from this cute little bakery by my house:)

30 Andee(RuntoLive) October 22, 2009 at 1:02 pm

I love quiet mornings when I first wake up to a bowl of oatmeal and coffee. Morning workouts are great to wake me up and feel good for the rest of the day

31 April October 22, 2009 at 1:47 pm

Sunshine-y weather is sure to boost my mood!

32 Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) October 22, 2009 at 1:49 pm

Top 20!!! Yay!!! congrats!!!!

I ran this morning and finally enjoyed a run. (I’m new to running, so far it’s been tough for me.) I loved the way I felt today after my run. It was fabulous!

33 jennylikestorun October 22, 2009 at 2:38 pm

Congratulations on making it into the top 20!! That’s fantastic! I will most definitely keep voting for you :)

Some things that keep me happy are:
1. Running (which I unfortunately can’t do a whole lot of at the moment because I’m recovering from an injury :( )
2. Listening to Guns N’ Roses, Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin. I absolutely THRIVE on old school rock.
3. Camping at Marae Hako, the most beautiful place on earth.
and 4. Watching awesome movies with my boyfriend :) he gives me the best cuddles.

34 Diana October 22, 2009 at 2:39 pm

That breakfast looks so good :)

35 Jenna October 22, 2009 at 3:34 pm

looks like a great breaky!
jenna

36 Sammi October 22, 2009 at 4:30 pm

Yay for top 20! Cold cereal never keeps me full long enough :(

Happy things:
1. Running! (especially since my time keeps improving basically every run that I go on)
2. My boyfriend :)
3. My family & Lexi, my dog
4. Reading your blog along with the others I have in my google reader
5. Baking :) (I had a disastrous cake baking experience today but it was so funny that it still makes me happy lol)

37 The Healthy Apple October 22, 2009 at 5:30 pm

Yum Yum Yum; I’m looooving your eats today…

38 Monica C. October 22, 2009 at 6:38 pm

My kids
My family
My health (this is always huge for me)
Fun things on a to-do list
Running

–and this is bad –

CANDY AND GUM

39 Pen October 22, 2009 at 7:13 pm

so, i’m another admitted lurker ;) been reading for a few mos. without posting…
but Congrats about making it into the top 20!

The one thing that never fails to put me in a good mood is going to the dog park with my pup! (well, honestly, doing almost anything with my pup puts me in a good mood!)

40 Susan October 22, 2009 at 7:41 pm

Planning my next meal! :P

41 lalyaaylal October 22, 2009 at 10:22 pm

another lurker emerging!

my good mood is definitely helped by cooking for other people. and relaxing with a good movie and some hot tea.

and the sunshine! (yay for indian summer)

42 chasingthenow October 22, 2009 at 10:42 pm

Yummy breakfasts keep me in a great mood. I love looking forward to breakfast when I wake up! :) Also, when I’m running I think about my husband and how much he supports me. That helps my mood if my run is less than stellar.

43 Rose October 23, 2009 at 9:55 am

Congrats!! :)

44 Lizzy October 23, 2009 at 5:19 pm

food
family
friends
running
my sister
chocolate

o the list could continue! :)