Flying Monkey

by Meghann on October 22, 2009

First of allDon’t forget to vote! πŸ˜‰

Second of all – Guess what I got? πŸ˜‰

Yep, the red dress!!

I also bought some tights and a scarf. I’m hoping this outfit will work for San Francisco in a couple of weeks. What do you think?

Shopping at H&M was a great way to end another hectic day at work. My mid-afternoon snack of nuts and cereal didn’t hurt either.

Nor did the glass of wine I had at dinner. πŸ˜‰

My old roommate, Erin, made it to town right as I was getting off work. We immediately began our mission of shopping, drinking, eating and playing catch up. It felt just like old times.

For dinner I wanted to try a new restaurant I had heard good things about – The Flying Monkey Wine Company.

We started with the wine mentioned above – a glass of cab for me and a glass of chardonnay Erin.

Instead of bread we were served complimentary edamame.

We were both starving and the edamame was quickly gobbled up. The edamame was coated with course rock salt and lemon zest. The flavor was strong, but tasty.

The prices on all the meals were a little high for our taste, so Erin and I decided to each order small salads and split an appetizer as our meal.

We choose the Monkey Balls (seasoned rice, soy, green onions, cream cheese, sesame oil and herbs) as our appetizer.

These fried balls of rice were great. The insides were very moist and the outsides were fried and crispy. Yum!

And I had the Warm Monkey (spinach, candied walnuts, blue cheese, sauteed mushrooms, warm balsamic vinaigrette) as my choice of salad.

Both Erin and I were impressed with our salads. I just find it hard to go wrong with candied nuts and blue cheese on a salad. Its always a win-win.

In the end we weren’t too impressed with the Flying Monkey Company. The food was good, but the prices were too high and it was a little dark. This would be a much better date setting then a place to catch up with an old friend.

After dinner we stopped at one of my favorite Fro-Yo places to pick up dessert to go.

I ate my Acaiberry/ Green Tea Swirl with Mochi, Blueberries & Granola while watching Grey’s Anatomy comfortably in my pajamas.

My weekend has come a day early and i plan to take every advantage of it.

Tomorrow Erin and I are rising bright and early to beat the crowds at Sea World. Its been years since I’ve been and I’m excited to ride some of the new rides and explore new attractions. It should be fun.

Have a great night and a wonderful Friday! Good night!

1 Jessica October 22, 2009 at 10:56 pm

Great choice. You look awesome in the red dress! The warm monkey sounds great…

2 Brittany October 22, 2009 at 11:06 pm

The Flying Monkey looks amazing!

Love the red dress- I saw the pic a few days ago and you looked awesome in it. Will you be wearing it to the Food buzz blogger festival??

Have fun at Sea World with Erin tomorrow.

3 inmytummy October 22, 2009 at 11:11 pm

Agreed, that dress looked great on you.

Have fun with your friend.

4 Vanessa (Last Night's Leftovers) October 22, 2009 at 11:16 pm

Love the dress!

5 wholesomefoodie October 22, 2009 at 11:22 pm

Have fun at Seaworld. Glad you bought the dress! Great San Fran outfit.

6 caronae October 22, 2009 at 11:29 pm

I;m so glad you got the dress, it looked beautiful in the last picture. You will rock it!

7 peaceloverunning October 22, 2009 at 11:48 pm

i LOVE that dress on you! have fun tomorrow!

8 Leianna October 23, 2009 at 12:30 am

I loved that dress on you, glad you got it!
I think the fro-yo is better than dinner tonight!

9 biz319 October 23, 2009 at 12:32 am

Yippee for getting the dress! πŸ˜€ Have fun with Erin tomorrow!

10 greensandjeans October 23, 2009 at 1:01 am

you will take san fran by storm in that dress! dinner looked fantastic!

11 jennylikestorun October 23, 2009 at 1:31 am

You look fabulous in that dress! I’m pleased you bought it πŸ™‚ You’ll look great in it for San Fran.

Awesome to hear you having a good time with your friend. Catch ups with old friends are stellar! πŸ˜€

Fro-yo sounds yummy! We don’t have that in NZ πŸ™ Yet another tasty food related thing that we do not have! New Zealand is behind!!!

Have fun tomorrow πŸ˜€

12 chasingthenow October 23, 2009 at 1:38 am

Glad you went back for the dress. It fit you so well. πŸ™‚

Have fun hanging out and playing catch up. I love those times so much.

13 burpexcuzme October 23, 2009 at 2:06 am

lol, I wonder why it’s called the Warm Monkey…It looks good, but not as good as the fried rice balls! I must try to recreate that at home!
Glad you got the dress in the end. I don’t think I’ve seen you in red before!

14 Diana October 23, 2009 at 4:13 am

Glad you had a good time with your friend, even if the restaurant wasn’t as good as you’d like. Have fun tomorrow!

15 Stacey October 23, 2009 at 6:22 am

Yay! You bought the red dress πŸ™‚ Have fun at Sea World, I’ve always wanted to go there!

16 Hangry Pants October 23, 2009 at 6:54 am

Hi Meghann!!! You are going to look so HAWT in san fran. Derek better watch out. πŸ˜€

17 Marina October 23, 2009 at 7:01 am

I’m glad you bought that red dress, you rock it ! Seriously. Enjoy wearing it!

18 VeggieGirl October 23, 2009 at 8:05 am

LOOOOVE THAT CHIC DRESS!!

Have fun at Sea World today! πŸ˜€

19 Island Girl Eats October 23, 2009 at 8:16 am

Nice dress. I am sure that you will be able to do a lot with that dress – dress it up or down.

Have fun at Sea World.

20 Andee (Runtolive) October 23, 2009 at 8:21 am

Mmmm mochi balls are so good on froyo! Cute outfit, you will look very Californian

21 Sammi October 23, 2009 at 8:58 am

Yay about the dress! It is really flattering on you!

So i’m totally jealous about you going to sea world today. Growing up my family would get season passes every year (we live in virginia… lol) my dad’s an airline pilot and we would get to fly for free so we would fly down to orlando to visit my grandparents, cousins, aunt and uncle at least once a summer (quite often more than once a summer though) I’ve never had a season pass for any theme parks up here where i live but i’ve had about 16 season passes for sea world throughout my life! I haven’t been down there since they got the new manta ride so you’ll have to tell me how that is if you go on! I can’t hear “come sail away” or “help” without thinking about shamu lol.

p.s.-favorite show ever has got to be the sea lion and otter show. The animals mess up all the time in that one and it’s sooo cute and funny πŸ™‚

(sorry this was so long. I just really miss sea world πŸ™ i can’t wait to see pictures!)

22 cyndie October 23, 2009 at 8:58 am

Hey Meghann, have you ever tried The Flying Monkey beer? It’s delicious! I thought there was a correlation between the beer and the restaurant, but when I clicked on the link it said The Funky Monkey Wine Company.

That dress is gorgeous!

23 Sarah (from See Sarah Eat) October 23, 2009 at 9:02 am

Yes! I am so glad you went back and got that dress πŸ™‚

24 Meg C. October 23, 2009 at 9:09 am

three day weekend for you! woo!

25 Lauren October 23, 2009 at 9:27 am

I’m glad you bought that dress-it looked really good on you. Perfect for San Fran.
Meghann- have you always been a morning person or did you just start waking up earlier when you started this healthier lifestyle. I am so not a morning person, but I feel like if I got up earlier I could get so much done. It’s the actual doing it part though.
Also-ice cream looks awesome! Have fun at sea world!

26 eatolive October 23, 2009 at 9:28 am

im so glad you bought the dress! when i first read the post where you tried it on i kept thinking, whyyy didn’t she buy the red dress, it looked so good on her!! hahaha

27 Jenna October 23, 2009 at 9:28 am

yay for buying the red dress πŸ™‚ i love it! and i also love your froyoooo! yummm.
jenna

28 sarah (ghost world) October 23, 2009 at 9:36 am

love the red dress on you! makes me want to go to H&M (although i don’t know if we have one nearby!)

we went to seaquarium (in miami) a couple of years ago and loved it πŸ™‚ i was skeptical, but sea creatures do NOT get boring just because you are a ‘grown-up’ !

29 meyergirl October 23, 2009 at 9:57 am

That yogurt looks yummy! Good for you for buying that dress.

30 Erin October 23, 2009 at 10:05 am

Have fun at Seaworld and FYI the place you ate last night is Funky Monkey and not flying monkey πŸ™‚

31 Casey October 23, 2009 at 10:42 am

The dress is so cute Meghann! It will look adorable with the tights and scarf :). Have fun with your friend!

32 bobbi October 23, 2009 at 10:44 am

That dress will be perfect for SAN FRAN! Still sad I am not going,. You tow have fun today!

33 Anne Marie@ New Weigh of Life October 23, 2009 at 10:48 am

Cute dress!

34 Quinn October 23, 2009 at 10:49 am

Yay San Fran!

35 Ali October 23, 2009 at 12:18 pm

So glad you got that red dress! It looked super great on you!!!

That salad looked amazing, I have a thing for mushrooms!!!

I hope you guys have fun today!!

36 luckytastebuds October 23, 2009 at 2:33 pm

HOLY MOLY. I am totally drooling over the sounds of your fro yo!! Really?? Acai and green tea swirl?? yummmm!!!!

The red dress is hot! I love when i find something that i love!

37 Lizzy October 23, 2009 at 5:14 pm

love love love that red dress! You are going to look so pretty in it! πŸ™‚

38 BethT @ Pretty By The Bay October 24, 2009 at 12:20 am