A New Fave

by Meghann on October 14, 2009

I have a new Glo-Bar favorite and its name is Chocolate Peppy-mint.

IMG_3587

Swoon.

IMG_3590

I am a sucker for anything chocolate and this bar was deliciously chocolate rich. I felt like I was eating a chewy candy bar. Though, I have to say I was a little confused where the ‘peppy-mint’ flavor was? Still a great bar and another one to add to my re-order list.

Thanks again to Glo Bakery for all the samples I’ve been enjoying this week.

Lunch was very simple. I took all the components from last night’s dinner and threw it in a bowl.

IMG_3593

Left over salad. Genius, no?

IMG_3594

• Spinach
  • Apple Chicken Sausage
  • Sauerkraut
  • Sweet Potato Fries
  • Ketchup
  • Mustard

IMG_3597

With a side of Whole Wheat Toast for good measure.

IMG_3598

Have you checked out my interview on the CruiseAndBlog.com podcast yet?

I’ve been toying with the idea of starting my own series of podcasts and am looking for a little feedback. Would you guys be interested in a weekly segment that you could subscribe to on itunes? If so what topics would you want to have discussed?

1 Leianna October 14, 2009 at 1:57 pm

That Glo-bar does sound good, love mint flavorings!
You should do some podcast, it would be fun to watch!

2 Lauren October 14, 2009 at 2:00 pm

You creations always look so good. I would never thinking of putting all this together. I just had chicken apple sausage last night. Mine was from an Amish Market and was outstanding! I say do the podcasts..why not?

3 Jenna October 14, 2009 at 2:07 pm

your salad creation counds delish!
you can always just throw everything together and make it a yummy salad 🙂
jenna

4 Brie (The Fit Bride) October 14, 2009 at 2:26 pm

I love podcasts, especially while running! I’d listen.

I really miss Jillian Michaels’ podcast–if you ever listened to it, it was exercise and fitness related call-ins, plus her comments on recent fitness news and topics. It was really fascinating and I think it left a niche wide open that you could help fill!

5 Sarah (from See Sarah Eat) October 14, 2009 at 2:35 pm

I would definitely like to hear how you come up with all the amazing meal ideas that you do, especially when you are able to use one ingredient so many different ways 🙂

6 Diana October 14, 2009 at 2:36 pm

The salad looks great, and that glo bar… yum. 🙂

7 brandi October 14, 2009 at 2:36 pm

what a great salad! and that chocolate bar looks SO good!

8 Jessica October 14, 2009 at 2:37 pm

Ahhh that bar sounds sooo yummy!

9 angieinatlanta October 14, 2009 at 2:52 pm

That bar looks SO good! And sweet potato fries on a salad is a stoke of genius!

Do a podcast! That sounds so cool!

10 Anne Marie@ New Weigh of Life October 14, 2009 at 3:18 pm

Nice lunch! Leftovers are awesome!

11 Courtney October 14, 2009 at 4:36 pm

Heck yes, I’d love to hear that sexy voice on the airwaves! Whoo!

12 Evan Thomas October 14, 2009 at 4:58 pm

That bar has a great name

13 Whitney @ Lettuce Love October 14, 2009 at 5:00 pm

Salad looks great! You should totally do a podcast — I would follow for sure!

14 Andee (Runtolive) October 14, 2009 at 5:13 pm

Thanks for the e-mail about Derek and his running. I’ll be sure to try the run/walk method, even if it means slowing down.
I would love to hear how you manage your healthy eating with such a busy lifestyle, especially for people who are stressed and how to avoid getting take out/eating junk food. Maybe you could do a weekly segment on a new seasonal ingredient?

15 Lizzy October 14, 2009 at 5:30 pm

your lunch bowl looks awesome, as does that new Glo-Bar! i can totally see all the chocolate!

I think doing pod-casts would be so awesome! 🙂

16 Rebeca October 14, 2009 at 5:42 pm

That gol-bar looks amazing.

On your podcast idea, although a great idea I don’t know if it will be successful. For me the healthy living blogs most of it is about the pictures! I listen to various nutritionists podcasts and they aren’t as interesting as these blogs. I think if maybe you would focus on racing, and your marathons I think that would be great. Sorry, just trying to help you out with the little I know!

17 on the rocks October 14, 2009 at 7:02 pm

the glo bar looks great!
as for the podcast…sounds interesting, but think id still prefer the blog. reading and looking at pictures seems more interactive to me than the podcasts.

18 peaceloverunning October 14, 2009 at 7:39 pm

your salad looks yummy! never thought about sweet potato fires in a salad! brilliant idea!

19 Apple Bottom Genes October 14, 2009 at 7:51 pm

Love all the above….salad and podcast! Plus that Glo-bar sounds so good…maybe like a thin mint?

20 Lauren October 14, 2009 at 8:26 pm

Way to think ahead by using leftover dinner ingredients for a banging lunch salad! I love doing this.

Meghann I have a question for you that I’ve been meaning to ask you for some time. I know that you adore your long distance runs once or twice a week, but I was wondering what you do during off-season? Do the temps ever get too cold to be able to run 10-15 miles in FL? Here is PA, it’s alreday nearing frost in the mornings, and I am forced to do my long runs on the treadmill but I really can only force myself to go about 8 miles max on this machine. Do you suck it up and run for hours on the wheel or do you take a break from distance running in the winter if you are not training?

21 Meghann October 14, 2009 at 8:38 pm

Hey Lauren,

Fortunately in Florida running is pretty much a year around sport. Summer is actually when the temps outside are considered too hot and unbearable to run. I actually planned it out this past summer so that I didn’t have any runs longer then 8 miles. I had just finished my marathon and was considering the summer my down season. I bit the bullet and ran early in the morning to avoid the heat, I’m assuming it would be opposite for you to run in the daylight to avoid as much coolness as possible.

Sorry I’m not much help. Good luck!

22 veggiebooty October 14, 2009 at 9:07 pm

I am *dying* to try that Glo-Bar flavor. In fact, I listed it as the one I wanted on a giveaway over at How Sweet It Is! And love the leftover salad.

As for a podcast, I’d love something else to listen to while I’m on the elliptical. But I’m not sure what topics would hold everyone’s interest. I’ll come back with ideas…

23 Tay October 14, 2009 at 10:34 pm

Sweet potato fries IN a salad? Dude, you’re a genius.

24 Julie @savvyeats October 15, 2009 at 12:01 am

I’m pretty sure the sweet potato fries are the star of that salad! 🙂

I would definitely subscribe to your podcast. I’d vote for running and meal tips. There are a bunch of “healthy eating” podcasts out there, but a lot of them are basic information that a lot of us already know!

25 bad carbohydrates October 15, 2009 at 12:18 am

Nice chocolate and salad for people to eat. Good idea.

26 Kate from New Zealand October 15, 2009 at 4:28 am

Looks so yummy! I would love you to do a podcast, you have such a lovely voice and I so love your blog (it’s probably my fav -you’re so sweet and relatable :)).
You are a running queen so that would be a great topic, perhaps starting off at how you got into running, then topics around that, like weight loss, healthy eating, combating the “workplace 20″… etc 🙂
I know you’ll be doing it -so I look forward to the itunes debut 🙂